Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349584 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hi y'all,just got my TOEFL result..28R 28L 24S 27W..Total 107. A big thanks to sirriddy,paulbets n danjaninja.You guys are great. I had a real complacent preparation,just a week and it isn't really rigorous as such.I ensured I familiarize myself with the exam by using the TOEFL software prep and also study tips by downloading Notefull YouTube videos,and some tips from great fellas here. This thread has really immensely helped me in both GRE and TOEFL exams.Onto the next stage which is the application stage. #spring2016..Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 11:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
TJ18:
Hi y'all,just got my TOEFL result..28R 28L 24S 27W..Total 107. A big thanks to sirridy,paulbets n danjaninja.You guys are great. I had a real complacent preparation,just a week and it isn't really rigorous as such.I ensured I familiarize myself with the exam by using the TOEFL software prep and also study tips by downloading Notefull YouTube videos,and some tips from great fellas here. This thread has really immensely helped me in both GRE and TOEFL exams.Onto the next stage which is the application stage. #spring2016..Thanks and God bless.
wow bro you killed it. That's the spirit. Now u have been armed well, shoot for them admissions. Success all the way
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 2:03am On Jun 16, 2015
TJ18:
Hi y'all,just got my TOEFL result..28R 28L 24S 27W..Total 107. A big thanks to sirridy,paulbets n danjaninja.You guys are great. I had a real complacent preparation,just a week and it isn't really rigorous as such.I ensured I familiarize myself with the exam by using the TOEFL software prep and also study tips by downloading Notefull YouTube videos,and some tips from great fellas here. This thread has really immensely helped me in both GRE and TOEFL exams.Onto the next stage which is the application stage. #spring2016..Thanks and God bless.

you did good bro. keep it up. Quick question: have you written GRE? And what's your intended major?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2015
paulbets:

wow bro you killed it. That's the spirit. Now u have been armed well, shoot for them admissions. Success all the way
Thanks man.Success to us all.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 8:39am On Jun 16, 2015
TJ18:
I really appreciate everyone's contribution in this thread esp Danjaninja and sirriddy...I got my official scores today,I remember sirriddy telling a guy in one of his post that "GRE can humble people ooo"
I got 153Q 154V 3/6 AWA
Though came across this thread quite late,but I thank God I did...as the resources here were invaluable...
Pls,ensure you devote ample study time to this exam,and don't be deceived by scores in powerprep bla bla...instead just use it to acquaint yourself with the exam and observe your strength and weakness trend...
How I manage to get that still amaze me cos I actually got discouraged after the fourth section...
Above all,never neglect divine providence..
I just registered for the TOEFL test today with the PayPal stuff and twas pretty easy...I'm schedules for it by the first week in June..Pls does anyone have any study material or tips in acing this exam?
Thanks and God bless y'all....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2015
DanjaNinja:

you did good bro. keep it up. Quick question: have you written GRE? And what's your intended major?
Thanks man.Wrote GRE in May and I shared my experience here (307) .Planning to go for Msc in Economics. Really a tedious job getting schools who accept spring admission for the course,but was able to get some sha

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bamjay: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
DanjaNinja:
So sorry i've not come here in a while. Been very ill but am okay now. grin grin
Takre of ur self DanjaNinja. please i sent you a blank mail but m yet to receive any of the study materials.tnkx.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bamjay: 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
TJ18:

Thanks man.Wrote GRE in May and I shared my experience here (307) .Planning to go for Msc in Economics. Really a tedious job getting schools who accept spring admission for the course,but was able to get some sha
TJ18 i am also planning for masters in econs n abt to take d gre.pls could u send me ur email add so we cld discuss more
tnks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bamjay: 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
itzangel:
@DanjaNinja pls can u add me to the fb GRE group thanks chiluv_u@yahoo.com
please add me as well
jolaadeayobami@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bamjay: 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Donprada:
you mean the 150 verbal and quantitative ebook? if so..send your email let me send it to you
please also send me a copy @ jolaadeayobami@yahoo.com.
tnx
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Shehas(m): 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
pls, i need sm1 to kindly send toefl materials to me.
hassansheriffsola@gmail.com Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amosade30(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2015
i need toefl and gre materials tnx.....amosade30@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Danja thanks for all ur posts.
Kindly add me on that GRE Facebook group.
slot440@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cube2nerdy: 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
Pals help ASAP I'm on my knees. I paid 4 d GRE using paypal through a friend's GTB account. So far no acknowledgement from GRE. GRE sent me a message concerning rescheduling of my exam date and in it my ORDER was reading 0.00...I followed d gudelines judiciously from this trend. The money has since been deducted from my friends account. But why is it not reflecting almost three wks now. What do I do? I'm confused. Dunno wat to do? I've never done online transaction before. Pls help me
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Everyday4(m): 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
Plz sir i will so much appreciate it if you can add me to the gre fb group . Chinedusimon72@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
cube2nerdy:
Pals help ASAP I'm on my knees. I paid 4 d GRE using paypal through a friend's GTB account. So far no acknowledgement from GRE. GRE sent me a message concerning rescheduling of my exam date and in it my ORDER was reading 0.00...I followed d gudelines judiciously from this trend. The money has since been deducted from my friends account. But why is it not reflecting almost three wks now. What do I do? I'm confused. Dunno wat to do? I've never done online transaction before. Pls help me
I did my reg and there was no issue,I think you should call their hotline if you are sure the payment was pure,I mean from your end,I feel you can call them to confirm your reg,from then you will know what to do,cos actually your name enters their database once you reg, u don't even need to go with any printout on the exam day,they already have a list with them.
CC:
Danjaninja
Paulbets
Sirridy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ema2nty: 12:38am On Jun 18, 2015
Please also add me to the GRE FB group. Thank you oniemma4@gmal.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cube2nerdy: 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the promptness too.
I don't think I made any mistake. The money wasn't easy to come by so I was really as meticulous as I could be.

You mean I should call GRE? I mailed them already and I'm awaiting their response.
I applied on May 27 nd GRE sent details of the registration, order n payment mode.

Yesterday I got a fresh mail from them giving me a rescheduled date of a wk l8r than my prefered date. But the payment mode n order now indicated None and 0.00 as opposed to Paypal and $195 in the mail of May 27 sent to me.

Hoping to wait one wk 4 their response and then probably try calling as u adviced and maybe Paypal too.

Fingers crossed...
TJ18:

I did my reg and there was no issue,I think you should call their hotline if you are sure the payment was pure,I mean from your end,I feel you can call them to confirm your reg,from then you will know what to do,cos actually your name enters their database once you reg, u don't even need to go with any printout on the exam day,they already have a list with them.
CC:
Danjaninja
Paulbets
Sirridy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cube2nerdy: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
Below is part of a mail paypal sent me after my transaction. I've not been able to confirm my card as I don't know how to view my card statement or to acess the unique 4-digit code. Didn't see it online when last I checked my paypal account.

The charge creates a unique 4-digit code on your card statement. If you don't see the charge right away, don't worry - sometimes it takes a few days to show up. If you can't check your card statement online, check your paper statement when it comes in the mail (this can take up to 30 days). You will find the charge from PayPal with a 4-digit code.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
cube2nerdy:
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the promptness too.
I don't think I made any mistake. The money wasn't easy to come by so I was really as meticulous as I could be.

You mean I should call GRE? I mailed them already and I'm awaiting their response.
I applied on May 27 nd GRE sent details of the registration, order n payment mode.

Yesterday I got a fresh mail from them giving me a rescheduled date of a wk l8r than my prefered date. But the payment mode n order now indicated None and 0.00 as opposed to Paypal and $195 in the mail of May 27 sent to me.

Hoping to wait one wk 4 their response and then probably try calling as u adviced and maybe Paypal too.

Fingers crossed...

Ur case is highly unusual. Am glad u were able to contact ETS to fix your situation. Please do all you can to confirm that the new date is indeed valid. Call n send as much mails as you can till ur issue has been rectified.

On a side note, hope you are well prepared for the GRE? If you need pointers, don't hesitate to post your inquires here. I'll do my best to respond on time.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
TJ18:

CC:
Danjaninja
Paulbets
Sirridy

Thx 4 responding to cube2nerdy's inquiry. Progress is made when individuals come together to help one another. However, its sad that 98% of those who have benefited from this thread have refused to give back. So sad.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
cube2nerdy:
Below is part of a mail paypal sent me after my transaction. I've not been able to confirm my card as I don't know how to view my card statement or to acess the unique 4-digit code. Didn't see it online when last I checked my paypal account.

The charge creates a unique 4-digit code on your card statement. If you don't see the charge right away, don't worry - sometimes it takes a few days to show up. If you can't check your card statement online, check your paper statement when it comes in the mail (this can take up to 30 days). You will find the charge from PayPal with a 4-digit code.

Maybe I don't get you well,you said your first payment and reg was successful. And a confirmation page was sent,now they rescheduled it but the order was 0.00.Your name and order might have been automatically transferred to the new date or so...You need to call them to confirm ASAP and bombard them with mail as Danjaninja has said...
Secondly abt the verification code,lets say u linked your gtbank acct to PayPal, and you click verify,PayPal deducts some money equivalent of 400naira or so....even the alert you will get from gtb as a result of the transaction has d code in it, also when you check your account statement using gtb internet platform,you will still get the code there..its a four digit number followed by two letters if I'm right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cube2nerdy: 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thanks @ Danjaninja.
I really hope its a minor problem. I'm having faith but please if anyone used paypal mode and gtb mastercard in d last month pls let me know the results aafter your payment, the responses from paypal and ets gre and how exactly u confirmed your payment.

And indeed u have been helpful as well as most peeople in this trend. If I'm nt mistaking u were the one dat sent me MGRE, Nova math bible, etc. Still thankful...

I'll always appreciate more advice... I'm currently using MGRE 6 bks for quant. I had hoped to augment with Nova and 5lb bk but light (5hrs per day), time and d volume of MGRE is nt really permitting so far. Can I get into d > 162 range with jus MGRE and practice wit d softwares, official guide n paper based GRE? I really need a high score as I barely made a 2.1!

I'm using kaplan GRE word groups and princeton hit parade for my vocabs. I wrote out d definitions of each word in kaplan word groups. I had already started prep wen I ran into dis trend n d bks here so I couldn't make a switch to Grubber as many seem to be suggesting here. But if key pages of note in Grubber etc can be suggested I'd really appreciate as Grubber's size is scary. Again I still need a score in >162 range.

How can one improve in speed? Time and speed has curtailed my success in a job exams and in my undergrad days too...

Thanks a lot y'all. There's hope in d future of 9ja with fellows like u...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cube2nerdy: 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wow thanks so much. Too helpful. I used a friend's GTB account o. My atm crd was about expiring so I didn't want to take chances. I'll call him right away and see him in person tomorrow as well. So I'll use the code to confirm payment.

But the whole money has already been deducted from his account. I hope it won't lead to any additional charges. Over 41k was deducted.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate.

TJ18:

Maybe I don't get you well,you said your first payment and reg was successful. And a confirmation page was sent,now they rescheduled it but the order was 0.00.Your name and order might have been automatically transferred to the new date or so...You need to call them to confirm ASAP and bombard them with mail as Danjaninja has said...
Secondly abt the verification code,lets say u linked your gtbank acct to PayPal, and you click verify,PayPal deducts some money equivalent of 400naira or so....even the alert you will get from gtb as a result of the transaction has d code in it, also when you check your account statement using gtb internet platform,you will still get the code there..its a four digit number followed by two letters if I'm right.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
@DanjaNinja and Co, God will continue to strengthen you guys for you good work you are doing.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:00am On Jun 19, 2015
pennstate:
@DanjaNinja and Co, God will continue to strengthen you guys for you good work you are doing.

God bless u 2.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2015
cube2nerdy:
Thanks @ Danjaninja.
I really hope its a minor problem. I'm having faith but please if anyone used paypal mode and gtb mastercard in d last month pls let me know the results aafter your payment, the responses from paypal and ets gre and how exactly u confirmed your payment.

And indeed u have been helpful as well as most peeople in this trend. If I'm nt mistaking u were the one dat sent me MGRE, Nova math bible, etc. Still thankful...

I'll always appreciate more advice... I'm currently using MGRE 6 bks for quant. I had hoped to augment with Nova and 5lb bk but light (5hrs per day), time and d volume of MGRE is nt really permitting so far. Can I get into d > 162 range with jus MGRE and practice wit d softwares, official guide n paper based GRE? I really need a high score as I barely made a 2.1!

I'm using kaplan GRE word groups and princeton hit parade for my vocabs. I wrote out d definitions of each word in kaplan word groups. I had already started prep wen I ran into dis trend n d bks here so I couldn't make a switch to Grubber as many seem to be suggesting here. But if key pages of note in Grubber etc can be suggested I'd really appreciate as Grubber's size is scary. Again I still need a score in >162 range.

How can one improve in speed? Time and speed has curtailed my success in a job exams and in my undergrad days too...

Thanks a lot y'all. There's hope in d future of 9ja with fellows like u...

Please bear with me, am putting 2geda a response 2 ur inquiry.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by automophosis(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
[b][/b]Hello Room. May the good Lord give us all the desires of our hearts that is good.
Pls can anyone help me with GRE study material and possible way of scoring a high score.
I also need to know if I can register online with my GTBank Mastercard as an agent is charging me 48k to register it.
Finally, does anyone know any good GRE Exams Centre in Port Harcourt?

Pls anyone here to?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
automophosis:
[b][/b]Hello Room. May the good Lord give us all the desires of our hearts that is good.
Pls can anyone help me with GRE study material and possible way of scoring a high score.
I also need to know if I can register online with my GTBank Mastercard as an agent is charging me 48k to register it.
Finally, does anyone know any good GRE Exams Centre in Port Harcourt?

Pls anyone here to?

As touching the material,you can access them with this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/usbwtqrfp0px637/AADIbRkOHEYjRFUpkJ4XgO3Ea?dl=0
Ensure you read through this post from page1 every advice you need on acing the test is there,including more study materials.
As for paying,yes you can use the gtb mastercard,go thru previous post on how to go about it.
Did my exam at JKK in lagos,so not sure about ph ,but this centers aren't GRE exam centre,they are just online prometric centres thru which ets conduct the exams.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
I also downloaded some web pages during my prep,it might be of help but I think it can only be viewed using a computer system
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wb0np129x1c6r4o/AAA8kKZ8THW6foGeJ4UuPRk4a?dl=0
Danjaninja's tips on page one will really help.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by automophosis(m): 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
The GRE study material files are not opening after download. Pls can anyone help me pls.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cube2nerdy: 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
You probably downloaded it wrongly or so. Read through the trend as I adviced.

Send a blank mail to selfstudy.version2@gmail.com and you should get all d materials you need. You could also visit gre-download..com alternatively.

There are only two test taking centers in port harcourt. One is Jephthah Sec. Sch btw Uniport - Rumuokoro east-west road. Both can be viewd on ets.org/gre. Though Jephthah was recommended by a friend of mine.

Best wishes...

automophosis:
The GRE study material files are not opening after download. Pls can anyone help me pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.