Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,230 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1355633 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
femi321:
Below is the link to the GRE Dropbox folder i created..In the folder you have Grubber 2015, Manhattan, Barron, ETS 150 Verbal And Quant, Kaplan,Nova GRE bible,ETS official Guide etc..Read people's Experiences on this thread from page 0 to know how to prepare best with each book..All the best. Cheers. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

Thanks for this.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
slimspzy:
hello. just finished the exam few minutes ago!
this thread was really helpful in preparation. av to contribute my quota
Tip: if you ain't good with maths. start with barron, solve every question you see then move to the official GRE text. For verbal and writing us magoosh and the official GRE Text.
But personally learning all the vocab wldnt help. don't depend on it.
My experience : wroke at JKK in lagos, started with issue task, baba don write 15mins b4 I realise I mis-read the topic, sha rugged d remaining 15mins write sometin, argument task was cool tho., next Verbal, I never see verbal wey hard like ds b4. a lot harder than barron n magoosh (my opinion). study GRE frequent word list. na just 2 I see... guessed for most. twas hard. Quant : Quant was a lot cool. 1st was good. the 2nd was harder. guessed the ones that took time.
Prepare for the Quant well, am not rili a verbal person. but don't be scared if the questions comes hard. I sha dey do all dey go. VQVQV
Result : V- 147. Q-160. total 307.

Congrats bro. You did well. Your quant scores are pretty impressive.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
My people, life in america is a whole new ball game o. Passing the Gre and gettiong your visa is just the first step in a long list of hurdles you would have to scale to successfully study, live and work in america o. I'd be posting my experience of life in america soon. Knowledge is power and sharing is caring. Peace be on to you all and success to all who would be taking the GRE.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bigfrancis21: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
DanjaNinja:
My people, life in america is a whole new ball game o. Passing the Gre and gettiong your visa is just the first step in a long list of hurdles you would have to scale to successfully study, live and work in america o. I'd be posting my experience of life in america soon. Knowledge is power and sharing is caring. Peace be on to you all and success to all who would be taking the GRE.

Exactly. Passing the GRE, getting admission, getting the visa are only but baby steps. Life in America is a whole different experience and it changes someone.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Impatiently waiting!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bigfrancis21: 5:34am On Nov 18, 2015
Share your experience asap.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 18, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Share your experience asap.

You should also share yours, Francis. We could learn a thing or two from your experience.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bigfrancis21: 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
stolid:

You should also share yours, Francis. We could learn a thing or two from your experience.

My experience for dis America no be here o. cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yarn us tory jor lol

Make man pikin fit prepare him mind well. I'm sure it can't be that sha... see as you fresh like person wey dem born with filter. I'll like to hear or as in this case read your story, bro.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rogerdavid: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
slimspzy:
hello guys
Been following this thread for about 2 months and it has really helped my preparation. kuddos to you guys! Writing mine this sunday @ JKK. would give my contributions after the exams! Good work again!!

Congratulations Slimspzy. Good job on your GRE. A really impressive score on your Quant. Good luck on the Analytical Writing Score!

Start applying.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Bros share am o. Make we boys learn o. I wont lie, your posts r usually the most sensible on the us visa thread o. Things when i don learn from you alone no be here o.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hi all, please, let me first apologize for the late post but i finally posted my visa interview here: https://www.nairaland.com/2557843/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/109#40196487

would post my experience in america soon.

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Denvan: 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
DanjaNinja:
Hi all, please, let me first apologize for the late post but i finally posted my visa interview here: https://www.nairaland.com/2557843/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/109#40196487

would post my experience in america soon.
Your transcript is wahhh!!!!. Make sense...very informative, educative and entertaining. Wafferians...YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE...

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Evening friends, pls I need help urgently. I tried to evaluate my transcript using wes and after sending my documents to them, dey mailed me dat dey av sent back d documents to my school 4 verification and they await a written response 4rm my institution.

Of course, I want to believe dis is not normal but not rare either, but if u av ever experienced anything of such, how long does the verification take (approximate).. Ese gan, Thanks

Cc: the whole house
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Cephas0009:
Evening friends, pls I need help urgently. I tried to evaluate my transcript using wes and after sending my documents to them, dey mailed me dat dey av sent back d documents to my school 4 verification and they await a written response 4rm my institution.

Of course, I want to believe dis is not normal but not rare either, but if u av ever experienced anything of such, how long does the verification take (approximate).. Ese gan, Thanks

Cc: the whole house
Replying of verification depends on your school,. Some school do respond back to WES through email while some mail a wriiten response back to WES. So, figure it out which one will be faster, and which method does your school use in replying WES. The fact is, the status on your profile will change on WES portal as soon as they receive the response from your school.

My Advice: Stay on the neck of anyone that works in your school record office. You can as well tip him/her to be checking and updating you about your stuff..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
profojah:

Replying of verification depends on your school,. Some school do respond back to WES through email while some mail a wriiten response back to WES. So, figure it out which one will be faster, and which method does your school use in replying WES. The fact is, the status on your profile will change on WES portal as soon as they receive the response from your school.

My Advice: Stay on the neck of anyone that works in your school record office. You can as well tip him/her to be checking and updating you about your stuff..

Thanks boss... Dis is indeed really a serious 1. Never saw it coming
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GlassDoc: 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
Greetings to all partners in progress on this thread. I decided to register for GRE today after much contemplation. the problem now is i chose 20th of Dec, the site confirmed it and i advanced to the level of filling d parent/ guardian details, also ticked d options for " purpose of wanting to take d gre" blabla... but along the line, i encountered an error...the site asked that i try again later. As anyone ever had similar xperience? I signed out n signed in again to try n this time around tho 20th was still available but it denied me of seat after confirming my details. Could it be that i have been added to d available seats during my first attempt to register or the seats have been taken. Someone said those "not available" seats are usually booked by agents so as to surcharge prospective candidates. Dunno how true... Pls someone should reason my matta before i choke
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by layez: 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
Atlast I reach page 46, can't remember when I started 2/3 days,anyways I must commend d effort of Danja,SirRiddy,and those that had awesome scores plus all who took the exam...ur advice(s) are on pt..kudos

P.s I pray I blast the exam by jan!!! Verbal has been hell for me.. I see hope
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2015
layez:
Atlast I reach page 46, can't remember when I started 2/3 days,anyways I must commend d effort of Danja,SirRiddy,and those that had awesome scores plus all who took the exam...ur advice(s) are on pt..kudos

Good work! Hang in there, bro. As for the Verbal, no two way about it, but practice. All the best.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by layez: 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
Pls can u add me to the facebook page? Olaonisamuel@gmail.com
happyday:

Good work! Hang in there, bro. As for the Verbal, no two way about it, but practice. All the best.

*sirRiddy,Danja,tj18....make una add me ooo
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
layez:

Good luck Bro. Do your best cos it is worth the pain!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by layez: 12:29am On Nov 22, 2015
sirRiddy:
Thanks boss,abeg no forget add me for the fb page... Thanks happyday too
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Xlyad(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2015
[quote author=sirRiddy post=39419779]Your email address, please?

[/quote..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sammiel: 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nice job.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 12:20am On Nov 23, 2015
Please add me to the facebook group patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GlassDoc: 3:08am On Nov 24, 2015
GlassDoc:
Greetings to all partners in progress on this thread. I decided to register for GRE today after much contemplation. the problem now is i chose 20th of Dec, the site confirmed it and i advanced to the level of filling d parent/ guardian details, also ticked d options for " purpose of wanting to take d gre" blabla... but along the line, i encountered an error...the site asked that i try again later. As anyone ever had similar xperience? I signed out n signed in again to try n this time around tho 20th was still available but it denied me of seat after confirming my details. Could it be that i have been added to d available seats during my first attempt to register or the seats have been taken. Someone said those "not available" seats are usually booked by agents so as to surcharge prospective candidates. Dunno how true... Pls someone should reason my matta before i choke
resolved

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 26, 2015
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by clark0: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
sirRiddy:

Xup bro.. Got posted to ife central, i presume u r a serving corps member in ife too.. may i hv ur bbm pin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Timi1990(m): 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
please how can i register and pay for the GRE exam ? all the prices am seeing online are so expensive 50,000naira, please how do i register and choose a centre
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cutemorgan(m): 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
Timi1990:
please how can i register and pay for the GRE exam ? all the prices am seeing online are so expensive 50,000naira, please how do i register and choose a centre
Visit www.ets.org/gre and create a mygre acct. Next, you creatie a paypal acct (that should take you less than thirty minutes), link it to any of your bank accts, chill for verification of the acct by paypal, that's gonna take a day or two I guess. Then you can do the reg by ursef using the paypal acct. Alternatively, you can try using a visa card, cos mastercard isn't accepted for GRE reg in nigeria presently I guess. Gurus in the house might also help with other suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Timi1990(m): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
cutemorgan:

Visit www.ets.org/gre and create a mygre acct. Next, you creatie a paypal acct (that should take you less than thirty minutes), link it to any of your bank accts, chill for verification of the acct by paypal, that's gonna take a day or two I guess. Then you can do the reg by ursef using the paypal acct. Alternatively, you can try using a visa card, cos mastercard isn't accepted for GRE reg in nigeria presently I guess. Gurus in the house might also help with other suggestions.

thanks alot sir , really appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.