Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,412 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1351054 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 18, 2019
juliouze:

Well said but I have a question as well.
Can you study as a group on this platform?
Where you gather questions you don't understand and ask people who know better than you do to help.
That is all we do there sir and it's been helpful.
You can form study groups and do what you wish with your phone and data, but do not advertise on this thread.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2019
user4321:

You can form study groups and do what you wish with your phone and data, but do not advertise on this thread.
You sure don't have anything doing.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 18, 2019
juliouze:

You sure don't have anything doing.
Now you're down to throwing cheap insults. Reddit is a far bigger space,yet, as far as I know, they don't tolerate the nonsense of private group outlinks. Yes, I'm jobless, but keep your whatsapp group links, and ads off the thread.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
user4321:

juliouze:

Let it slide guys/ladies.
Love & respect

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
You are the one who needs to read what I wrote properly and understand. I don't believe I have said anything wrong. The WhatsApp group can't stand the test of time, and whatever information you hope to share there can as well be discussed here.
Best of luck!
juliouze:

Aunty read up properly before you write
What is the relationship between selfishness and what we're talking about here?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sammiel: 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
I have got a problem with my Uniben transcript that got sent to me recently. A 200 level carryover course I borrowed from another department which I retook and had a C in was recorded as an F for me in my transcript. I don't even understand what is wrong with these people. Despite knowing fully well that no one graduates with an F in a core course in the University of Benin, someone still went ahead to enter an F for me in my transcript.
My elder sister in the US was telling me that I needed to correct it because of the possible implications but I honestly don't know where to start from because this transcript took over nine months and cost me so much resources and lots of headaches as I had to deal with two different departments since I was a transfer student.
I will like to read from whoever has a clue on what I should do to sort it out.
The CGPA is okay except for the unwarranted F grade.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sammiel:
I have got a problem with my Uniben transcript that got sent to me recently. A 200 level carryover course I borrowed from another department which I retook and had a C in was recorded as an F for me in my transcript. I don't even understand what is wrong with these people. Despite knowing fully well that no one graduates with an F in a core course in the University of Benin, someone still went ahead to enter an F for me in my transcript.
My elder sister in the US was telling me that I needed to correct it because of the possible implications but I honestly don't know where to start from because this transcript took over nine months and cost me so much resources and lots of headaches as I had to deal with two different departments since I was a transfer student.
I will like to read from whoever has a clue on what I should do to sort it out.
The CGPA is okay except for the unwarranted F grade.
Transcripts usually contain all the grades you ever received in the university, so the course could appear twice, one with the F, and the other with an A ( this is probably how UNILAG does transcripts, not sure of the other unis).
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sammiel: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
user4321:

Transcripts usually contain all the grades you ever received in the university, so the course could appear twice, one with the F, and the other with an A ( this is probably how UNILAG does transcripts, not sure of the other unis).
Thanks boss.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sammiel:
Thanks boss.
but just make sure you cover it in the SOP, and briefly talk about any hardship that caused it. Na smallz, Forward Ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by firstregistrar: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2019
Thank you for the detailed write-up. I had a resit of the exam last week. I got same score verbal score as yours but Q was 160. I will also use this medium to advise people not to focus too much on the vocabs. During my exam, about five-question were in the Q section repeated. While preparing, I was only fixated on learning the common words in Magoosh. For the verbal, I will advise everyone to always paraphrase the RC before answering. if you try this method, you will be amazed at your result. On the Q section, I had fewer questions on probability and counting.

md17:
Please where did you register for 55k

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segunbolawole: 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, Can anyone please put me through on how to structure my letter/email to professors for funding... I'd really appreciate this... Thank. You in advance
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by clarever(f): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
Please I want to be clarified before making my payment. I applied for IELTS British Council Academic Test and during the course of my application, I noticed that they specifically said it names should be in the same as it in the identification document and in the same order . There, Given/First name came before Last/Surname. I.e First/Given name(s) Chisom Linda. While Last/surname: Obiora. (Chisom Linda Obiora). But in my international passport, Surname came on top and before First/Given names. That's Obiora Chisom Linda.
Please, I want someone to clarify me. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by JIREN01: 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
firstregistrar:
Thank you for the detailed write-up. I had a resit of the exam last week. I got same score verbal score as yours but Q was 160. I will also use this medium to advise people not to focus too much on the vocabs. During my exam, about five-question were in the Q section repeated. While preparing, I was only fixated on learning the common words in Magoosh. For the verbal, I will advise everyone to always paraphrase the RC before answering. if you try this method, you will be amazed at your result. On the Q section, I had fewer questions on probability and counting.

Congratulations on your test scores. Can you cite the materials you prepared with for the Quant section?
And please, Can I have an idea of your score in Verbal?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
clarever:
Please I want to be clarified before making my payment. I applied for IELTS British Council Academic Test and during the course of my application, I noticed that they specifically said it names should be in the same as it in the identification document and in the same order . There, Given/First name came before Last/Surname. I.e First/Given name(s) Chisom Linda. While Last/surname: Obiora. (Chisom Linda Obiora). But in my international passport, Surname came on top and before First/Given names. That's Obiora Chisom Linda.
Definitely not a problem, you're as good as Well cooked Jollof cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by clarever(f): 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
Thanks a lot
user4321:

Definitely not a problem, you're as good as Well cooked Jollof cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by md17: 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
Please where did you register for your exam for 55k? Thanks
firstregistrar:

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by firstregistrar: 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
I never mentioned the cost. I actually registered using efficacy of BDGI

md17:
Please where did you register for your exam for 55k? Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by JIREN01: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
Done with my professional exam and back to GRE.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
juliouze:

What is your problem with creating a study group?
Doing so defeats the purpose of this thread.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
juliouze:

Well said but I have a question as well.
Can you study as a group on this platform?
Where you gather questions you don't understand and ask people who know better than you do to help.
That is all we do there sir and it's been helpful.
It seems you are a newbie in this thread.
To answer your questions, yes you can share questions you don't understand I believe people with better understanding of can shed more light on it.
You need to start reading from page 1 of this thread to understand why I am fully against sharing your WhatsApp study group link here.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
TJ0987:
But if it wasn't for this same platform, would you have found your so called "study buddies"? Let's learn to act unselfish once in a while, let love lead. The valuable resources you have gained on this platform are as a result of the sacrifices of some people.
Thanks TJ, this issue shouldn't be up for debate at all. A simple search on GRE and TOEFL brings you to this thread. That is to tell how immensely benefial this thread has been. If others tower the WhatsApp path, then such helpful information would be lost.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
juliouze:

I understand bro and considering you're a senior man here, that's why i brought it down so I won't be proving my point to an erudite like yourself lol. One love bro.
Hopefully you do the needful.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
calculator123:

It seems you are a newbie in this thread.
To answer your questions, yes you can share questions you don't understand I believe people with better understanding of can shed more light on it.
You need to start reading from page 1 of this thread to understand why I am fully against sharing your WhatsApp study group link here.
K
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
calculator123:

Hopefully you do the needful.
K
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
segunbolawole:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, Can anyone please put me through on how to structure my letter/email to professors for funding... I'd really appreciate this... Thank. You in advance
It is often advisable to contact a research supervisor while applying for a postgraduate program. However, this could be hard for someone with little or no idea about how to go about this process.
As a passionate individual with the interest of others in mind, I have decided to put up this post in order to guide someone who is reading right now, that might consider this to be beneficial. (I will try to be brief with this guide, considering I need to get back to something as fast as possible.)

STEP ONE

READ ABOUT THE PROFESSOR OR SUPERVISOR’S RESEARCH: This is one of the first and most important things to do before contacting your potential supervisor. Doing this will help you to familiarize yourself with his or her research and prove you are really interested; have knowledge or idea about the research program content.

STEP TWO

CONTACT HIM

Bravo! You have made it this far! You are about to take the bold step. The first thing to do at this point is to get his contact, preferably, his or her email, then compose a meaningful and exceptional letter, informing him or her of your interest in his research. (Remember, you need to really communicate politely and type-in good vocabulary.)

There are some few details to include, which I will outline below:
1) Make use of a brief and detailed subject.
2) Make use of the appropriate and correct title of the supervisor.
3) Concise information about yourself and experience. (It should include your past projects, internship, attended seminars, thesis, etc.)
4) Main body. (This is where you need to brief him or her about your interest and prove how well you are interested in his or her research, including how familiar you are with it and your inquiry or probability of getting any form of financial aid.)
5) Conclusion. (At this point, you can indirectly sell yourself and mention how suitable or important you are to accomplish the purpose of the research, then you end your letter; by stating how delighted you will be to receive his or her acknowledgement.)

I do hope this piece effectively guide you on what you need to compose a well-written email letter to that proposed Supervisor of yours.

Source: Josh Writing Services

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
clarever:
That's not a problem.
What matters is filling your names appropriately, based on their categories. You definitely misinterpreted the instruction.

What were they trying to pass across?
You shouldn't use "Obiora" as surname in your passport, then fill it in as given name while applying for IELTS slot.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 1:19am On Oct 21, 2019
user4321:

Very glad to have you around sir. Pretty sure your thesis, has google, and Microsoft on their toes for patents grin grin.

Very glad to have you on this thread (period). You are doing a great job and you would do a greater job when you get here.

At emboldened, I pray o.

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 1:20am On Oct 21, 2019
Sherlock5577:

Boss, good to see your post after a long while!

Good to see you too. How is Louisiana working out? Trust you have adjusted very well.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 1:20am On Oct 21, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

You are very welcome sir. What can i do with a 297?

What do you want? Funding or just admission?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 1:56am On Oct 21, 2019
Scholastica16:

Good to see you too. How is Louisiana working out? Trust you have adjusted very well.
I've settled in well! I just didn't anticipate grad school could be this engaging. But it's been a great experience overall! I can't imagine what it's like from your end!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:06am On Oct 21, 2019
Scholastica16:

What do you want? Funding or just admission?

Both

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.