Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,182 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349112 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 2:12am On Oct 15, 2019
I am glad to see experiences from test takers recently. That's the sole purpose for which this thread was created.
Can we please do away with this WhatsApp idea of a thing?
Clear your numbers to avoid being scammed
Cc; lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RedEagle: 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am a bit low on hope as I read this.

I want to apply for a joint MS Computer Science/ MBA in top schools abroad, but the deadline seems very close.

I know I will need to write the GRE and that is all I know.

I need help. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by md17: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
Please where did you register for 55k
Prettygud:
I have a magoosh premium account to share with anyone that is interested.

I wrote my GRE today.. Twas not as I expected. As a first time taker, I thought it was just some baby exam. I start prep August, so my prep was just approximately 2 months.

Some bad luck started following me from 6am today when I woke up, I stood straight to stretch, not knowing the fan was not really far up, I ended up cutting my right hand finger nails into two, blood everywhere. This happened because it's not my house, I didn't know the fan was low. I went to a near by chemist to treat my self. This weakened my confidence as I could nearly hold a pen. (don't stretch if u aren't familiar with the room on the day of ur test angry..)
Anyways I got to the centre in abuja 8:40am, the whole check in process was carried out and we started.
I have long Bern praying for 3 quants but after the incident I pray for 3 verbal( which I wasn't good at).
I wrote the test with the pain. Typing wasn't easy. But I know I did well in the AWA, my topics were sweet, straight forward, already worked on similar topics from the ETS pool of essays. I should write about 700 words for each, could have written more if I could be faster.

The first verbal was difficult, then I hard I tough quants, then break, another equally tough verbal, now I knew the first should be the experimental as I didn't really do well. The next quants was lot tougher than most practice test I have taken. What surprise me was that my last verbal was equally tough as the previous ones, I assumed I did well in the previous verbal, probably that's
Why I got another difficult one. Little did I know that I was joking with myself, all fantasy.

I will be having a rewrite by early December, by then I should have solved the mystery of verbal.
And please I will appreciate tips on verbal because I employed all that I knew during the test.

I clicked reports score and there was my 55k staring at me on the screen..
If u register GRE for a cheap price and u are genuine, please send me ur contact.

V152Q164(316) undecided..

I beg coming test takers, forget the learning of big words, the GRE dosent have big words like that, its straight forward.. Learn few words, the common ones, forget advance words and Co.. U can use magoosh flashcard for.. My problem in verbal from practice yes has always been RCs which I sometime get 3 or 4 of 10, but TC and SE are good.

Stick to one material, the most important of all is the ETS materials, all the questions that fly around are not GRE like, some are extremely tougher without clues but GRE TC and SE gives u enough clues, just learn to find it in RCs too, that's my own issue for now..

For quants, ETS is also still the best.. Then u can use magoosh or Manhattan.
Princeton practice test is a very close predictor of your real score.

If u are interested in the magoosh premium account, dm via mail.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by md17: 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
How can I register with 45k please?
kayzee2374:
Eeyha..hope you are getting better from the injury u had bro..316 is still ok but not up to your expectation right?
Although you might have prepared well for the exam expecting something huge but all the same you av to be thankful..some needed what u felt remorse for..but all the same, if you want to rewrite again, I should be of help coz I reg mine with 45k u can beep me for that.
An also 4 your magoosh account m interested..
Anyways congratulations bro but you can do better
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Shadbay(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
Sherlock5577:

That's great improvement !
Yes you can #Fall 2020

I just pm'ed you, bro! Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kemade14: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2019
Please, any legit GRE registrar in the house registering for 45k ?

I have finally summoned courage to write the exam before the year ends cool

Registrars show up o, let's know who is who.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kemade14: 10:21am On Oct 16, 2019
Evkunle:

Yes please, we don't just register you, we provide you with materials, tutorials and study groups to ensure you ace your examination in one sitting.

For more information on exam registration, training, joining whatsapp/telegram study group, application to schools, Permanent Residence, access to study materials and Work permit, please visit https://www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285.
GRE 45K IELTS 75K TOEFL 40K GMAT 100K, SAT 55K.
Who has used them before

Awaiting responses...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:06am On Oct 17, 2019
Hi guys...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:06am On Oct 17, 2019
So this season, nobody break ETS mouth. Chai!!! Fall 2020 I for for una.. No GRE 330-340? No AWA 6.0?.

Still in business...

Holla Holla
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:08am On Oct 17, 2019
Exam season will be over soon, first wave of deadline: Dec 1st , next Dec 15th, Next Dec 30.....Stop over reading for GRE that you already know your potential score.

Take practice tests. Don't let your first test be at JKK

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
calculator123:
I am glad to see experiences from test takers recently. That's the sole purpose for which this thread was created.
Clear your numbers to avoid being scammed
Cc; lalasticlala
What is your problem with creating a study group?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2019
kemade14:

Who has used them before

Awaiting responses...
I did, they're legit
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by gbadmos(f): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
juliouze:

What is your problem with creating a study group?

From my experience, creating a study group is very helpful because it will help people learn from erudites like user4321 and others.

It doesn’t defeat the purpose of this thread.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2019
calculator123:
Clear your numbers to avoid being scammed.
I'm glad to see that either.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2019
gbadmos:

From my experience, creating a study group is very helpful because it will help people learn from erudites like user4321 and others.

It doesn’t defeat the purpose of this thread.
Thank you! I don't just understand the guy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kemade14: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2019
Evkunle:

Yes please, we don't just register you, we provide you with materials, tutorials and study groups to ensure you ace your examination in one sitting.

For more information on exam registration, training, joining whatsapp/telegram study group, application to schools, Permanent Residence, access to study materials and Work permit, please visit https://www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285.
GRE 45K IELTS 75K TOEFL 40K GMAT 100K, SAT 55K.
Your numbers are switched off.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
ponpon:
Exam season will be over soon, first wave of deadline: Dec 1st , next Dec 15th, Next Dec 30.....Stop over reading for GRE that you already know your potential score.

Take practice tests. Don't let your first test be at JKK
Senior man, please kindly give reasons why one should not take the first test in JKk
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kemade14: 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
juliouze:

I did, they're legit
How were you able to reach them, the numbers on their website has been switched off since morning.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
kemade14:

How were you able to reach them, the numbers on their website has been switched off since morning.
Talk to this guy, he works there 0813 828 5881
Seun is his name.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kemade14: 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2019
juliouze:

Talk to this guy, he works there 0813 828 5881
Seun is his name.
Alright, thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
Why I'm against whatsapp groups.
Whatever we share here is public, and will remain public to help whoever needs it in many years to come. Whatever you do on the whatsapp group stays there, it doesn't help anybody outside, and when the group loses any value (after admission cycle), every deserts the group, and all the valuable info is lost in Limbo. I benefitted immensely from this thread, because danjaninja, scholastica09 et al made their contributions public, and It was here for all to see.
"If each one can reach one, then each one can teach one"
A little altruism didn't kill anybody. Lets emulate the spirit of open source and free sharing like the west has done. That is why the world has moved forward; from github to stackoverflow to linux OS, sharing wisdom freely has made the world an easier place to navigate.

8 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
user4321:
Why I'm against whatsapp groups.
Whatever we share here is public, and will remain public to help whoever needs it in many years to come. Whatever you do on the whatsapp group stays there, it doesn't help anybody outside, and when the group loses any value (after admission cycle), every deserts the group, and all the valuable info is lost in Limbo. I benefitted immensely from this thread, because danjaninja, scholastica09 et al made their contributions public, and It was here for all to see.
"If each one can reach one, then each one can teach one"
A little altruism didn't kill anybody. Lets emulate the spirit of open source and free sharing like the west has done. That is why the world has moved forward; from github to stackoverflow to linux OS, sharing wisdom freely has made the world an easier place to navigate.
Well said but I have a question as well.
Can you study as a group on this platform?
Where you gather questions you don't understand and ask people who know better than you do to help.
That is all we do there sir and it's been helpful.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2019
But if it wasn't for this same platform, would you have found your so called "study buddies"? Let's learn to act unselfish once in a while, let love lead. The valuable resources you have gained on this platform are as a result of the sacrifices of some people.
juliouze:

Well said but I have a question as well.
Can you study as a group on this platform?
Where you gather questions you don't understand and ask people who know better than you do to help.
That is all we do there sir and it's been helpful.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ugonna1054(m): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
Sherlock5577:

Its high time I place this here. My previous post is quoted here.

Just a few days after the post above I got a GTA waiving my tuition. Sometimes when it seems it's over, the best is about to come.

Transcript as I remember it ☺ (Not a mistake I'm posting a Visa transcript).
Abuja Consulate.

8th July, 2019. (I just collected my international passport today)

Window 8/9 (Can't recall, but last window on the right when facing the VO)
White lady (She was typing most of the time).

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning.

Pass me your passport?
Your I-20 too.
Have you travelled before?
Me: No
VO: What would you be doing in the US?
Me: I would be going for my masters in Geology at ULL.
VO: What are you currently doing?
Me: I am a Grad Assistant at University of **** (From her countenance, I felt she didn't want any more response, so I didn't say more)
VO: What would you do when you get back?
Me: I would come back to my current job. This masters degree would enable me get to the rank of an Assistant Lecturer at University of ****. I also intend to create a research lab, a Petroleum Geoscience research lab, alongside my colleague and in the long run I hope to join a Research Group or Institute. (She was typing and nodding as if I don dey talk too much sef. (I think she saw my Graduate Teaching Assistantship at ULL)
VO: Who would be funding the remaining cost?
Me: My mum and elder sister.
VO: What do they do?
Me: My mum is a lecturer at the same University of ****, and my sister was a lecturer at a Private University, **** University, and is currently carrying out a fully funded PhD.
VO: Where is she carrying out this PhD?
Me: The United Kingdom.

Your Visa has been approved.
She gave two slips and said some other stuff I tried to listen to well but can't recall now. ☺

Profile again:
BSc Geology and Mining
4.59/5.00
GRE: 311 - Q/V - 157/154 (Analytical writing - 4)
Experience: Few months of being a University Lecturer at time of application.
Applied to three schools: only one acceptance and was awarded a Graduate Teaching Assistantship (Tuition ($25212) waived).
Defit/Living expenses is $10848. I'll work for just 10 hours weekly.

1 publication in an open access journal.

3 Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) certificates from reputable schools in the world.

No documents aside my international passport and Form I 20 were requested from me by the VO.

God's grace was really evident. I was shocked when the VO said approved. I actually expected more questions.

Please mind what you post online and how you fill your DS 160 (Those who get to this point would understand better).

I wish all prospective applicants the best! Please do not relent, and do your research well. Having the patience to read through most posts on this thread would answer many questions you have.
Indeed with God all things are possible!!
Thanks to everyone who helped out for their encouragement and help at some point in time (too many names to call).
Thanks to Danjaninja.. You probably never thought the thread would last for so long! My life was changed when I saw this thread!!

It is a long journey which requires patience and tenacity.

Yes we can!!! �

better late than never... Hearty Congratulations on this batholithic feat my brother from the paleozoic smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hostlink: 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2019
Download free project material online for excellent result via www.researchs.com.ng
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
ugonna1054:
better late than never... Hearty Congratulations on this batholithic feat my brother from the paleozoic smiley
I tell you brother, better late than never! Sha school work dey plenty for here smiley embarassed

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
TJ0987:
But if it wasn't for this same platform, would you have found your so called "study buddies"? Let's learn to act unselfish once in a while, let love lead. The valuable resources you have gained on this platform are as a result of the sacrifices of some people.
Aunty read up properly before you write
What is the relationship between selfishness and what we're talking about here?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 11:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
On the contrary, I think there's nothing that can be done on a WhatsApp group that cannot be achieved here.

An existing WhatsApp group (of which its members are tapped from this thread) will definitely affect the effective functionality of this thread. Moreover, did you see how much level it is impacting it already? People dropping their contacts instead of the useful information that used to be posted.

WhatsApp group is only for opportune few, and not a lasting solution to any sort of demand.

Modified:
@juliouze, I noticed you brought down your most recent post. Please, understand that I am not totally against you, but I see the need for us to consider our antecedents efforts and subsequent peeps that might need the preceding rendered solutions of you and me.

Together we can, Bro!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 11:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
SOPWriter:
On the contrary, I think there's nothing that can be done on a WhatsApp group that cannot be achieved here.

An existing WhatsApp group (of which its members are tapped from this thread) will definitely affect the effective functionality of this thread. Moreover, did you see how much level it is impacting it already? People dropping their contacts instead of the useful information that used to be posted.

WhatsApp group is only for opportune few, and not a lasting solution to any sort of demand.

Modified:
@juliouze, I noticed you brought down your most recent post. Please, understand that I am not totally against you, but I see the need for us to consider our antecedents efforts and subsequent peeps that might need the preceding rendered solutions of you and me.

Together we can, Bro!
I understand bro and considering you're a senior man here, that's why i brought it down so I won't be proving my point to an erudite like yourself lol. One love bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ugonna1054(m): 3:33am On Oct 18, 2019
Sherlock5577:

I tell you brother, better late than never! Sha school work dey plenty for here smiley embarassed
Loll..You will overcome bro, I believe cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.