Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess (42178 Views)

I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? / Muslim Man Buries Wife And Children Alive For Reading The Bible / Muslim Murders Wife For Reading Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ewizard1: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2014
sexylogan:

Dumb asses, was he preaching? He was quietly reading his Bible and the f00ls suspended him.

But if he was reading a book on Withcraft on "How to Cast Spells and Invoke Demons", no one would have complained...smh

#SatanicAmericans

\____ See chair abeg!

Is witchcraft a Religion?

Nigerians! they never seize to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by molas02: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2014
d boy was wronge for violatn d rule and regulation
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by myspnigeria: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2014
Religion is the opium of the masses

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

They can't make unreasonable demands and expect people to abide by them, just because they feel uncomfortable with it. Their act is senseless and very wrong. Haba, how can an individual be deprived from going to school for such flimpsy excuse? Not that he took a gun to school.
oga yes may be u r rite to some extend,bt comon, dos folks dont entatain any reliion fanatism n extreamism . infct dey will even start suspecting n disociate demselfs wit u. i hv oportune to study wit dem in dere country n trust me i am tlking frm experience.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by MadCow1: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2014
ewizard1:

\____ See chair abeg!

Is witchcraft a Religion?

Nigerians! they never seize to amaze me.

I would have given you one like until you generalised 'Nigerians' cos of the comments of one fhucktard. angry
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ewizard1: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2014
Dgrea8t:
I have a question 4 u. If u were d boy & God asked u 2 read ur Bible at that time, for someone beside u 2 receive Christ. Would u resist?
Fine, Jesus would find him a new school.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Weah96: 10:53am On Jul 31, 2014
Dgrea8t:
It's not a white male or a trojan horse. It's someone who didd and arose before movie productions. He luvs u so much and I pray u receive Him. Before d day u will see Him on judgement seat!

I know how it works, and that's why Judaism and Islam have no photos of their deities. Muslims kill anyone who dares to sketch a portrait of Allah or Mohammed. Christians hold that image of the handsome white male in their consciousness as the supreme Lord. Of course, you don't think that you're worshipping a white man, but the awareness of his racial identity never escapes your consciousness. Look up Pavlov and the dog on Google. Animals can be conditioned and imprinted in many deceptive ways.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ewizard1: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

Same reason why you cant shoot guns in the school yard during recess. cool
Always feeling you bro.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ElFenomeno1: 10:56am On Jul 31, 2014
rozzay: The world is gradually coming to its end

What is this one talking about?!

Are you insane?! undecided
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ewizard1: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

I would have given you one like until you generalised 'Nigerians' cos of the comments of one fhucktard. angry

No mind me jare... shebi all of us be Nigerian nah! ;-)
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

What is this one talking about?!

Are you insane?! undecided
. Sorry I don't rem insulting u, so learn how to talk to a lady ok.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Eatosam: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

I wish they would.

Google these supreme court rulings; 1962 Engel v. Vitale & 1963 Abington School District v. Schempp..

They wouldnt get shiit!

MadCow1, I have taken time to read the quoted case between Abington School District vs Schempp. I think you have misapplied the context and ruling here. The spirit of the ruling was actually to protect the right of individuals to practise chosen religion and to separate the State from Religion. Schempp family were also christians only that there was a conflict in doctrine and sought through the court to preserve their values. The favorable ruling at the District court was upheld by the Supreme court. Going by precedents therefore, the child could not have been banished from school for reading the bible. The punishment is tantamount to an act of denial which law court ruling would not approve.

Please read Wikipedia source for clarity(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abington_School_District_v._Schempp)
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by geeudy(f): 10:59am On Jul 31, 2014
aminho: if it is in a muslim country hell would have been boiling evry agbero will be insulting them but since its the almighty US OF A its not a big deal i weep for nigerians
I weep for your family.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 31, 2014
cannonnier:

my friend are you a muslim? cos i'm

and you said the truth.

With all dignificatIon and humility, I am a Muslim sir. And it is a crucial part of our fundamentalisms to always stand for the truth and justice.

Allah says: "
O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allah is Ever Well-Acquainted with what you do." Quran 4, Verse 135.

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ElFenomeno1: 11:02am On Jul 31, 2014
rozzay: . Sorry I don't rem insulting u, so learn how to talk to a lady ok.

I have not insulted you.... I asked a simple question.

Or did you read your bible in school when you were suppose to be reading?

Maybe that is why you cant answer a simple question!

Are you going to answer my previous question now?!
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Eatosam: 11:02am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

Same reason why you cant shoot guns in the school yard during recess. cool

No correlation. Let's leave out biases. We know the damage the gun can do. Can the bible do the same?

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ZUBY77(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2014
Mynd44:
If this is not his first warning, he should have obeyed or atleast found another school.

Imagine the chaos and confusion if everyone took their religion to school.

I doubt most of you people here will want your child/ward to sit beside a boy who comes to school with Juju if his parents are Pagans.

Finally I read something good from you. No offence.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ElFenomeno1: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2014
sexylogan:

Dumb asses, was he preaching? He was quietly reading his Bible and the f00ls suspended him.

But if he was reading a book on Withcraft on "How to Cast Spells and Invoke Demons", no one would have complained...smh

#SatanicAmericans

You are a vacuous troglodyte.

The school had rules and regulations ....... and it has to be obeyed or the consequencies faced.

When you were in school, did you wear a wrong uniform to school?

Dweeb!
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2014
Janetozi: Imagine!! Abi na satanic establish the schl?
babe, d boy shld hv obey d skull rules n regulation na. to me oo dis is simple, dont read any religion stuff in skull n u r gud wit dem. d boy can read evrytin he wishes wen he went home. simple
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by MadCow1: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2014
Eatosam:

No correlation. Let's leave out biases. We know the damage the gun can do. Can the bible do the same?

Ask the KKK and the LRA the damage the Bible can do. cool

O! You mean physical damage huh?!

Okay.. Recess is also part of school time. Thats why you cant go home during recess and return when you like. Now if the school period were over and he was not on school property, then he can masturbat3 to the entire book of Songs of Solomon and nobody would give a damn. cool
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Eatosam: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2014
myspnigeria: Religion is the opium of the masses
Quoting Karl Marx? Have you asked how he ended his life? Opium? No, not at all. Unfortunately, there is the perversion of the truth everywhere and that creates an appearance that supports your view but the the truth is true religion is connecting with the Maker, the Owner of the Master Plan and finding purpose for living. All life's experiences are a product of a chain of decisions, actions and reactions. We decide our future by our actions and inaction today, our utterances and silence, and omission or commission. The Scriptures can not be broken.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2014
rozzay: . Sorry I don't rem insulting u, so learn how to talk to a lady ok.
dont be angry my dear.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2014
sameer1212: dont be angry my dear.
. Thank u sweets I'm not dats y I gnored him cos I know dere r many kids here
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Humblebloke(m): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2014
Babymama1:

If it were a Muslim country,the boy would have been beheaded or stoned to death or facing such a punishment but here they are planning a lawsuit because it shouldn't happen
That is the beauty of democracy vs Islam
The difference between civility and barbarism
SMH 4 U... MAY GOD FORGIVE U
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Janetozi(f): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2014
ewizard1:
Lets hear word joor... Didnt you go to school? Nobody said Jesus is not the King of the world!

RULES & REGULATIONS
Dont practice religion in the school!

SIMPLE !!!
wizard i bind u in Jesus name.

That rule and regulation will not stand.

If u are not a rules and regulation breaker, then don't quote me again.

And beside the is a false news because such a rules can never be enforced.

I
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Eatosam: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

Ask the KKK and the LRA the damage the Bible can do. cool

O! You mean physical damage huh?!

Okay.. Recess is also part of school time. Thats why you cant go home during recess and return when you like. Now if the school period were over and he was not on school property, then he can masturbat3 to the entire book of Songs of Solomon and nobody would give a damn. cool
The matter of discussion is not mere argument or a display or an abuse of intellect. Rather, it is pointing out what is wrong. Scarcism could then be a way to dodge the truth. Because it is recess, would you support banning the reading any other literature(prose/drama/poetry)? We all are free moral agents, your choice is your choice but others also have their choices.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2014
rozzay: . Thank u sweets I'm not dats y I gnored him cos I know dere r many kids here
ok dear dats gud.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by amnestylaw1(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Olekumaster: what if the boy had been reading ponographic magazines?

Name to cut him head be dat na.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by aminho(m): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2014
geeudy: I weep for your family.
weep for your family
first
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by brucelkelley: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2014
my best friend's mother-in-law makes $72 /hour on the internet . She has been laid off for six months but last month her payment was $21211 just working on the internet for a few hours. try this web-site..................... WWW.WORKTIN.COM
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by dabossman(m): 11:54am On Jul 31, 2014
Eatosam:
The matter of discussion is not mere argument or a display or an abuse of intellect. Rather, it is pointing out what is wrong. Scarcism could then be a way to dodge the truth. Because it is recess, would you support banning the reading any other literature(prose/drama/poetry)? We all are free moral agents, your choice is your choice but others also have their choices.

Exactly my thoughts. Must you be religious to read a piece of religious literature? What makes the Bible so revolting that it has to be put on a blacklist of literature students can't read?
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ALISMILE(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2014
DJDOLA: Thank God is not any muslim school...I trust my nairaland christian wanna be friends...d topic go don reach 20 pages by now....
That's tru o my broda.NL re so easily biased and prejudiced. If the boy was a Muslim expelled for readin d Quran, nairalanders would ve applauded the expulsion. They re jus too hypocritical for my likin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet Israel Oladele Ogundipe Gives Money To A Man In Church / Inside Bishop Isaac Idahosa’s N2.5 Billion Illumination Assembly Church / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.