Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess (42181 Views)

I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? / Muslim Man Buries Wife And Children Alive For Reading The Bible / Muslim Murders Wife For Reading Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Ugojames(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

They can't make unreasonable demands and expect people to abide by them, just because they feel uncomfortable with it. Their act is senseless and very wrong. Haba, how can an individual be deprived from going to school for such flimpsy excuse? Not that he took a gun to school.
The logic is simple ur not allowed to practice religion in school
Cos there are many different religions out there, one can even create a new one that could consider killing of people a right of passage.
Best is to keep it at bay and the student can practice it at home.

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Humblebloke(m): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
optimusprime2: why is the bible the most persecuted book on Earth
since I was born, I have never heard anyone persecuted in any way for reading the Quaran or any other spiritual book....
But why?

Mayb because its bn twisted nd diluted wit human preferences...
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by InHim4Him(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mynd44:
His own time, yes. But school regulations........

No one asked you not to be Christian, they just don't want religious stuff in school.

What is the school for in your opinion?
Schools generally are for socialization where Tom, Dick and Harry meet with their differences, to learn to relate with each other under parent/ teacher guidance without losing their individuality.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
macof:

When I was in school, they said I couldn't keep my Afro hair..I was stubborn and got suspended.

If that could happen to me, the boy should face the punishment
not that I took a gun to school either undecided

You took your afro everywhere you went. In class, at the play ground, the Princpals office etc like MTN, your afro was "everywhere you go". This was not the case for this lad. His Bible was only visible when he brings it out during break.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
ewizard1:

Please re-read the Bolded and note the bracketed. Now tell me why the boy shouldn't have read the Bible when he gets home where he would even get more backup from parents. He should have read the Bible in his Mind. I guess the school would have no problem with that.

It really is no body's business where an individual chooses to read the Bible. Bottom line here is that he wasn't using it to disturb or harm anyone. There is even no evidence to show that it was a source of distraction for him in school.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
sameer1212: oga yes may be u r rite to some extend,bt comon, dos folks dont entatain any reliion fanatism n extreamism . infct dey will even start suspecting n disociate demselfs wit u. i hv oportune to study wit dem in dere country n trust me i am tlking frm experience.

The boy did not demonstrate any trait of a fanatic. Looking at it closely, we can draw a conclusion that the school authorities are the ones demonstrating some bit of fanaticism.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

It really is no body's business where an individual chooses to read the Bible. Bottom line here is that he wasn't using it to disturb or harm anyone. There is even no evidence to show that it was a source of distraction for him in school.

Stop talking like someone who has no education.

The school had rules for ALL and if they allowed this rule to be broken , all other religions would have followed suit.

The bible says there should be order in God's house not disorder.

I believe his parents encouraged him to read the bible to start trouble, that's how American Militant Christians behave, no tolerance for anyone except themselves and that's why they support the racist tea party.

SMH

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by catso(m): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
I can see this action as the beginning of the end.

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

The boy did not demonstrate any trait of a fanatic. Looking at it closely, we can draw a conclusion that the school authorities are the ones demonstrating some bit of fanaticism.
dont tink so bro, dose white folks alwys hv dere rules n regulations, dere r nt like us naijerian dat compromise. dey dont compromise in any circumstance. so to me, is still a simple tin, d boy shld hv abide by d rules simple.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ugojames:
The logic is simple ur not allowed to practice religion in school
Cos there are many different religions out there, one can even create a new one that could consider killing of people a right of passage.
Best is to keep it at bay and the student can practice it at home.

The boy was just reading his Bible at his own time, space and not even to the hearing of anyone. People go about with earphones in school without any disturbance. I wonder why reading the Bible is such a crime deserving deprivation from school.

The boy did not dress like a Priest. He did not bring a big cross to school. He did not go about preaching to other kids. He never got up in class to say that evolution is crap...is there something I am missing here?
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by AmunRaOlodumare: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
catso: I can see this action as the beginning of the end.
And when people introduced the bible and coran, then enslaved and colonized us, was it the start?
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
frosbel:

Stop talking like someone who has no education.

The school had rules for ALL and if they allowed this rule to be broken , all other religions would have followed suit.

The bible says there should be order in God's house not disorder.

I believe his parents encouraged him to read the bible to start trouble, that's how American Militant Christians behave, no tolerance for anyone except themselves and that's why they support the racist tea party.

SMH

Mr educated, can you stop quoting this dude that seem uneducated? undecided

Thank you!
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
sameer1212: dont tink so bro, dose white folks alwys hv dere rules n regulations, dere r nt like us naijerian dat compromise. dey dont compromise in any circumstance. so to me, is still a simple tin, d boy shld hv abide by d rules simple.

Rules that negate the fundamental rights of others are not meant to be made in the first place.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

Mr educated, can you stop quoting this dude that seem uneducated? undecided

Thank you!

I will quote you as many times as I like until you stop encouraging this fanaticism and intolerance. wink
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

Rules that negate the fundamental rights of others are not meant to be made in the first place.
bro, dey didnt say he shldnt read d holy book oo, bt not in d premisis. doh i blame d parents for taking d boy to d skull, sins dey r dis holy, dey shld av inquired more abt d skull. because i am very sure, dey dont include such in dere admission leta. so to me ooo, dey hv more fct dan d boys famly.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by leofab(f): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eatosam:

No correlation. Let's leave out biases. We know the damage the gun can do. Can the bible do the same?
more devastating than the gun. Same thing the koran is doing to the boko haram believers in NE. Shalom... If everyone is allowed to practice their religion during school hours, I bet you won't like it. USA is an agglomeration of every societies in the world. If everyone continue doing their, don't you think they might clash?

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by iamord(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Weah96:

I know how it works, and that's why Judaism and Islam have no photos of their deities. Muslims kill anyone who dares to sketch a portrait of Allah or Mohammed. Christians hold that image of the handsome white male in their consciousness as the supreme Lord. Of course, you don't think that you're worshipping a white man, but the awareness of his racial identity never escapes your consciousness. Look up Pavlov and the dog on Google. Animals can be conditioned and imprinted in many deceptive ways.
one of the best. Points on here..let people use their brain to think
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by nymousanno: 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Schools Rules or the constitution; which is superior? Does any organization have any right to make any law opposed to the constitution of a nation?
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Kennyfancy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
aminho: if it is in a muslim country hell would have been boiling evry agbero will be insulting them but since its the almighty US OF A its not a big deal i weep for nigerians
i lik it wen u associate any evil with Muslim
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olekumaster: what if the boy had been reading ponographic magazines?
his DIcK would get really hard
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
GOOD move by the school authority!
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by tecmon: 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
The spirit of the anti-Christ is recruiting fighters from the mid-east terrorists to gay activists in the west, BH in Nigeria or this demonised school authority, it is the same satanic spirit, location not withstanding. It is a sign of the end time the Great Apostacy before their master Lucifer shows himself openly in flesh in the political hot seat
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

You primitive man!
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
tecmon: The spirit of the anti-Christ is recruiting fighters from the mid-east terrorists to gay activists in the west, BH in Nigeria or this demonised school authority, it is the same satanic spirit, location not withstanding. It is a sign of the end time the Great Apostacy before their master Lucifer shows himself openly in flesh in the political hot seat
Seriously, dude, you've got no BRAIN!

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by DanielBlanc(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
So much for human right, dis is so satanic,
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
all4naija: You primitive man!
Why do you like cursing and insulting people? You've got followers you know? Half of your posts are all insults or curses. It's not good.

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
KillerBeauty: America is a country that put God in everything they do. In their currency its boldly written "In God we trust" even in their constitution. Obama always end his statement by saying God bless American. If there is God mentioned in their constitution why do they now forbid it in schools. If d president can mention God publicly why then is a child punished from saying it.

Americans are all hypocrite

Ye the constitution started with Christianity , and as time went on they slowly remove religion from state of affairs. Its just a line to get popular votes that's all.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nobleval: Why do you like cursing and insulting people? You've got followers you know? Half of your posts are all insults or curses. It's not good.
Calling people primitive is not a curse. It is clear I am helping them to see that it is not a good thing to be in the modern world. You are taking it out of context.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Skybaby: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Asylum in Nigeria or hell fire?
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Chigold101(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
mstik: I thought there was freedom of religion in the US
the USA is the most confused country in the whole world. They dont teach about GOD in their public schools but they teach evolution thoery. Thats why their young people are becoming something else.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
all4naija: Calling people primitive is not a curse. It is clear I am helping them to see that it is not a good thing to be in the modern world. You are taking it out of context.
Owk
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Weah96: 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
[size=20pt] THIS IS NOT REAL NEWS! WHAT DA F)UK R U GUYS TALKING ABOUT HERE? DO YOU HAVE DINOSAUR BRAINS?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2019 Prophecies By Prophet Ekong Ituen / Zenan Ighodalo, Osinbajo, Fashola Speak At Ibidun Ighodalo's Night Of Tribute / Turkish Police Storm RCCG Church In Istanbul To Arrest Members (video)