Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (11580 Views)

There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari / So.are Yorubas Ready To Fight / Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 8:55am On Aug 01, 2014
customized07: I put it to you that you are serving an extra year in LASU currently, prove me wrong, you are a failure whose parents have abandoned, that's why you are always sounding hurt here. Prove me wrong, drop your shame and come to agidingbi, lemme help you.

and if I never attend lasu for tertiary education, how about amadioha killing every member of your lineage with Ebola, bubonic plague ,avian influenza, mad cow disease, SARS, HIV, and if I didn't have an extra year in the university how about you dying at your prime and your death very awful like a trailer crushing you off the third mainland bridge and you fall off to the lagoon, while fish feast with your eyes and scrotum.... can I hear a big amen. the offer is still open board a night bus to abuja, and I promise to end the misery in your life and the one bedeviling your cursed lineage.

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Ahuitzotl: 8:57am On Aug 01, 2014
customized07: yorubas lie like their life depends on it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
That is the defence mechanism of those who are weak,cowards and scared shiitless...They better pay indemnity for a wholesome Lagos else mogadishu will be paradise in comparison and the carving up of Southwest by hausas,fulanis and igbos will be a sure thing..

7 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ba7man(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Fought the Nigerian Army consisting of pilots from oshogbo or artillery technicians from illesha or had foriegn military 'observers' from cotonou??....Not every one here can be fooled with your revisionism which is a natural pastime of the yorobars..
Britain and USSR supplied arms and trainning to Nigerian troops. Belgium supplied arms to both sides, france and Portugal was on Biafran side and supported their war effort. USA supplied no one and provided no assistance.

But on the battle field, Biafrans fought Nigerians.

That silly attempt to invade Yoruba land just happened to be the Igbo's "waterloo" since the South west had taken a neutral stance since the start of the War.

Just remember that we're peaceful in the south west and we welcome everybody that's willing to contribute positively to the region.

Igbos in the S.W know this and that's why they keep coming to live amongst us (which we have no bones about it).

Simple.

8 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by customized07: 9:04am On Aug 01, 2014
anago9010:

and if I never attend lasu for tertiary education, how about amadioha killing every member of your lineage with Ebola, bubonic plague ,avian influenza, mad cow disease, SARS, HIV, and if I didn't have an extra year in the university how about you dying at your prime and your death very awful like a trailer crushing you off the third mainland bridge and you fall off to the lagoon, while fish feast with your eyes and scrotum.... can I hear a big amen. the offer is still open board a night bus to abuja, and I promise to end the misery in your life and the one bedeviling your cursed lineage.
shut the fvck up you this herbalist, you are currently serving an extra year in LASU, put off your shame and lemme help you. Fool grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Ahuitzotl: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2014
ak47mann: Yorubas will not be much problem to us at all, they will be less headache to handle their hope at the moment is their northern masters which they too are in disarray,yorubas will be like a little harmless puppies when their masters are not behind them so they will also need igbos to protect their remaining forgotten land from their supreme god before oduduwa which are the fulanis. cool
Gbam,the yorobars cannot sustain a war in two fronts therefore they need to settle the igbos via reparations and indemnity thus isolating the struggle to Illorin alone..If dem add jara we fit helep them sef only if they eschew the tribal reflex called backstabbing..

6 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 9:08am On Aug 01, 2014
How are you dominating when you are not holding any govt position save for the commissioner/messanger job we recently gave you. You are not in the house of representative, you are not part of decision making of Lagos. The big companies are owned by Yoruba, Hausa and foreigners, so you are not at par not to talk of dominating. You are irrelevant in Lagos cos all those corner shops you currently run can create jobs for our agbero boys when you leave.
Normality:

You fret when we call your land a "no man's land".

Master indeed, dominating you at ur home land.

I rather be that slave that dominates the master, than a chest-beating coward master fretting at the sound of his 'slave's' voice.
Hypocrite!

8 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2014
customized07: shut the fvck up you this herbalist, you are currently serving an extra year in LASU, put off your shame and lemme help you. Fool grin grin grin grin

you are phoolish never do well werey. ladokites to the bone ni mi. omo werey try harder. anyway the curses are stamped on your destiny like it glued to it with gum Arabic and stapler.

6 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 01, 2014
whitecat007: How are you dominating when you are not holding any govt position save for the commissioner/messanger we recently gave you. You are not in the house of representative, you are not part of decision making of Lagos. The big companies are owned by Yoruba, Hausa and foreigners, so you are not at par not to talk of dominating. You are irrelevant in Lagos cos all those corner shops you currently run can create jobs for our agbero boys when you leave.

If that's what you r holding onto and makes u smile, fair enuf, I just want to see u smile.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by NewNigeriaMind: 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
NL of jokes
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by customized07: 9:16am On Aug 01, 2014
anago9010:

you are phoolish never do well werey. ladokites to the bone ni mi. omo werey try harder. anyway the curses are stamped on your destiny like it glued to it with gum Arabic and stapler.
so you are from lautech, shame to lautech for producing such an incompetent fellow, l don't know why lautech must always produce herbalist or is it because ogbomoso is the host town of the uni? Is either their students act like timid villager or they are inconsequential to the society. Take yourself as a case study, you are a total failure, even your yoruba brothers can affirm it.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by NewNigeriaMind: 9:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Until I see one of you actually kill another person, not until then will I believe you people.

Saying I can do it is different from actually doing it. All I know is only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by docsholz(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2014
the op is right, thread has turned into Yoruba vs igbo by d sixth comment
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Ahuitzotl: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2014
ba7man: Britain and USSR supplied arms and trainning to Nigerian troops. Belgium supplied arms to both sides, france and Portugal was on Biafran side and supported their war effort. USA supplied no one and provided no assistance.

But on the battle field, Biafrans fought Nigerians.

That silly attempt to invade Yoruba land just happened to be the Igbo's "waterloo" since the South west had taken a neutral stance since the start of the War.

Just remember that we're peaceful in the south west and we welcome everybody that's willing to contribute positively to the region.

Igbos in the S.W know this and that's why they keep coming to live amongst us (which we have no bones about it).

Simple.
Biafra was not recognized by any western country,so how come you 'dropped' in portugal and belgium as our supporters?? We fought Nigerian Army who had Egyptian fighter pilots on American and Russian made jet fighters armed with british made napalm bombs as air cover and interdiction force.We understand you mean peace but don't come dropping lies as you expect us to swallow them....

7 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by NewNigeriaMind: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2014
I am going to say this today.....why don't you online warriors put yourselves to test.

Do something about the Nigeria union if you are all so tired of it.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by NewNigeriaMind: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2014
docsholz: the op is right, thread has turned into Yoruba vs igbo by d sixth comment

You wonder how these people live with themselves.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by OwoLee(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2014
gratiaeo:
Actualyy Yorubas are not cowards because they are worse of than cowards, I cant simply understand how Yourbas Leaders were imprisoned in the 60s for crimes they did not commit and the whole Yoruba nation kept mute until Nzeogwu Struck.

As if that was not enough when the second coup came ogundipe who was the most senior office in the army ran away to London rather than seize the opportunity offered by the leadership vaccum.
The whole world were taken aback again when in 1976 during Dimkas coup OBJ the Vice president was no where to be found , rather when the coup was squashed some northeners like TY danhjuma had to call him out o his hiding place to make room for his presidencey.

In 1993 Abiola the Field Marshall of Yoruba Land (AAre On kakanfo) was jailed by an ordinary Nigerian soldier his crime was winning an election again, the whole Yoruba nation ccould not live up to expectation , at a time an ordinary Major in the Army Major Al mustapha made 17 Yorubas generals to frog jump and eventually imprisoned the vice President who is a yoruba man O.O Diya for live his only saving grace was that Abach died in power.

The SW is the only group that never contemplated coup through out the history of Nigeria, Even the minorities in middle belt and south south carried out very bloody coups that shook the nation,The Yoruba nation eventhough interested in coups cannot perform they only fight a Governmet from the pages of Newspapers.
Even an ordinary henry Okah that was imprisoned by Yaradua gave Nigeria sleepless nights however 17 yoruba Generals , including Abiola , O.O.Diya and the buffon OBJ were on death row and the yorba Nation was mute like a dead dog only making noise in the streets of London and washington.

bro. in as much as it might sound offensive, am a yoruba boy, nd I quite share some points in what u just said...Yoruba nation is just like that, they worked against Obafemi awolowo they are praising today and installed Akintola, mostly Yoruba people at that time were shouting Awolowo "Ole" Now, they regretted that action...Some people are shouting the name of Tinubu now, as if all other politician in Nigerians are saints....those motions clamouring for tinubu's downfall are all Yoruba people...When do we want to start using sense? we can never progress if we continue this way...walai!

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 9:23am On Aug 01, 2014
That's not making me smile, I just don't take anything lying down and my man can testify to that.
Normality:

If that's what you r holding onto and makes u smile, fair enuf, I just want to see u smile.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2014
customized07: so you are from lautech, shame to lautech for producing such an incompetent fellow, l don't know why lautech must always produce herbalist or is it because ogbomoso is the host town of the uni? Is either their students act like timid villager or they are inconsequential to the society. Take yourself as a case study, you are a total failure, even your yoruba brothers can affirm it.

you are a disgrace to all creations!!!! for your drumload of stupidity cum epitome of idiocy. morrafucker tell us where you finish from if only you proud of the glorified secondary school. ain't you the same failure spamming the job section with your rubbish c.v... you are the model for child upbringing go wrong. that you have not euthanize yourself beats the imagination of all homo sapiens.

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by NewNigeriaMind: 9:23am On Aug 01, 2014
I think if there is actually a war, the north should just seat back and relax, let the west and east do the needful to each other first.

This same stupid rivalry between the west and the north is what made Awo and Zik lose election to northern teacher that is not half as intelligent as them.

This same stupid rivalry is made made Zik a ceremonial president when he could have teamed with Awo to wield real power.

The same stupid rivalry is what is holding Nigeria back from actually achieving greatness.

THESE ARE THE TRUE FACTS:
1 If there is a war, igbos will not wait for Yoruba to chase them out of south west before they leave Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and other south west states.
2 Ilorin will determine its faith by the Ilorin people themselves.
3 EVERYBODY WILL BEAR IS FATHERS NAMES.

On a serious note, we all know what will result don't we....

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ak47mann(m): 9:24am On Aug 01, 2014
OwoLee:

bro. in as much as it might sound offensive, am a yoruba boy, nd I quite share some points in what u just said...Yoruba nation is just like that, they worked against Obafemi awolowo they are praising today and installed Akintola, mostly Yoruba people at that time were shouting Awolowo "Ole" Now, they regretted that action...Some people are shouting the name of Tinubu now, as if all other politician in Nigerians are saints....those motions clamouring for tinubu's downfall are all Yoruba people...When do we want to start using sense? we can never progress if we continue this way...walai!
A wise yoruba man your people should wake up from reality before is too late for them cool

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by macof(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2014
Am not a fan of all these senseless talk of war because it's so kiddish and immature, you can't jst claim war lord when war hasn't even started...see grown people out of bigotry and hatred making foolish statements, especially ibos. Look at fools claiming war lords when in their entire history they have no war before the biafra saga.
Survival in war is about experience, where Yoruba have fought hundreds of intertribal wars and even against other ethnic groups like Fon, Ewe, Fulani, Nupe and Akan when ibos were still battling rabbits in the forest

9 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by NewNigeriaMind: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2014
OwoLee:

O doubt if you are a Yoruba, the same Yoruba that you are talking about made Awo a sage....... The Yoruba nation and leaders have never being without opposition even from within, that is why they are the best.

The attacks on Tinubu by Yoruba people themselves will ensure he does not take us for granted. we should never be too naïve to stop demanding equity from our leaders. what makes you think a Yoruba is concerned Jonathan is worse than Tinubu, but Titnubu actions will impact greatly on us. As such we should always hold him accountable.

Don't pray for a day when all you people reason and think alike, that is the beginning of the end. Our ability to demand better deals from our leaders is what got to where we are today.

I am a fan of Tinubu but saying he should not be criticized is illogical.

12 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by customized07: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2014
anago9010:

you are a disgrace to all creations!!!! for your drumload of stupidity cum epitome of idiocy. morrafucker tell us where you finish from if only you proud of the glorified secondary school. ain't you the same failure spamming the job section with your rubbish c.v... you are the model for child upbringing go wrong. that you have not euthanize yourself beats the imagination of all homo sapiens.
wait till you graduate so you can make ur CV too, we have had enough of this your CV submission crap. Only on who schooled in ogbomoso will be sounding like a herbalist, any little thing reminds you of your miserable life in ogbomoso, so you tend to pour your anger on anybody. Baba alawo, omo ogbomoso grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 9:30am On Aug 01, 2014
Ye pa!!! You just put what he will nurse for the rest of his life on him.

anago9010:

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ak47mann(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: I think if there is actually a war, the north should just seat back and relax, let the west and east do the needful to each other first.

This same stupid rivalry between the west and the north is what made Awo and Zik lose election to northern teacher that is not half as intelligent as them.

This same stupid rivalry is made made Zik a ceremonial president when he could have teamed with Awo to wield real power.

The same stupid rivalry is what is holding Nigeria back from actually achieving greatness.

THESE ARE THE TRUE FACTS:
1 If there is a war, igbos will not wait for Yoruba to chase them out of south west before they leave Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and other south west states.
2 Ilorin will determine its faith by the Ilorin people themselves.
3 EVERYBODY WILL BEAR IS FATHERS NAMES.

On a serious note, we all know what will result don't we....
Nigeria is too big by size and population for a black man to handle talk-less of less intelligent black-man.Nigeria will be better when dissolved in smaller units or in half at the moment if not we are wasting time, even our children will do it in future if this generation failed to fix up...Nigeria will not remain the same in the long run cool

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 01, 2014
He dey joke jor
Descartes:
Peace ke
grin
Descartes:
Peace ke
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by NewNigeriaMind: 9:31am On Aug 01, 2014
You people are funny...... when its time for war, the people who will fight are not here.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ak47mann(m): 9:35am On Aug 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: You people are funny...... when its time for war, the people who will fight are not here.
nigeria is at war already dnt deceive urself because boko haram is not in south yet this is how Somalia war started before you know it, it will spreed all over cool

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2014
customized07: wait till you graduate so you can make ur CV too, we have had enough of this your CV submission crap. Only on who schooled in ogbomoso will be sounding like a herbalist, any little thing reminds you of your miserable life in ogbomoso, so you tend to pour your anger on anybody. Baba alawo, omo ogbomoso grin grin grin grin

you coming for more beat down!!!! till I give you a fat face Samuel peter styled. I haven't finish school yet I served in your cursed alaigbo talk about delusion of grandeur, and you are a classic example of that word. my mission here is to instill morals into the dumbskull of mannerless nematodes like you from kerosene background. morrafucker where the fvck did you graduate from, ain't you proud of your run down slaughter yard ala your alma mata.

6 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ba7man(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Biafra was not recognized by any western country,so how come you 'dropped' in portugal and belgium as our supporters?? We fought Nigerian Army who had Egyptian fighter pilots on American and Russian made jet fighters armed with british made napalm bombs as air cover and interdiction force.We understand you mean peace but don't come dropping lies as you expect us to swallow them....
Because they didn't officially recognize Biafra doesn't mean they didn't get their support.

Biafra carried out air strikes on Lagos civillian locations, Nigerian troops did the same on the battle field and Biafran Airfields.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2014
whitecat007: Ye pa!!! You just put what he will nurse for the rest of his life on him.

that what the despicable irritant deserve.

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 9:43am On Aug 01, 2014
You mean the Yoruba brother you dreamed all your life to be? Now I see where the obsession with SW is coming from. Unlike ibos we Yoruba don't have any dialect,group,people,state and city that is superior to the other in our region.
customized07: so you are from lautech, shame to lautech for producing such an incompetent fellow, l don't know why lautech must always produce herbalist or is it because ogbomoso is the host town of the uni? Is either their students act like timid villager or they are inconsequential to the society. Take yourself as a case study, you are a total failure, even your yoruba brothers can affirm it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Economist 2016 Cover Page / Oyegun May Get Ambassadorial Job / Governor Ajimobi Gives Ramadan Gifts To Women And Orphanages (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.