Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

IQ: Kini Big Deal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / IQ: Kini Big Deal? (5550 Views)

Kini Big Deal FTC / Kini Big Deal? / What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? (2) (3) (4)

IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2008
I've been arguing with a girlfriend of mine on the importance of high IQ. She supported her elder sister for refusing to marry her boyfriend who fits 90% of her desires in a man but for the fact that he struggled during his school days. He studied engineering(5 yr programme) for nearly 8 years and managed to graduate with a 2nd class lower. The girl argued that making children with such man may overshadow her high IQ and she may end up with a child who is not bright academically which may be a big hindrance in the child's chance of becoming successful in life. She argues: "what will be her children's chances of going to medical school in a highly competitive society like this".

My question is: Will you pass on a suitor because of this excuse because I think it's frivolous unless am missing something?.

This guy in question took his time again in America and got an MBA although he never worked with any of his degrees and they are suspecting that his GPA after the MBA may be below 3 points and that's why he didn't get a job with it.
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by jenikadi: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2008
i keep saying this----------if academical intelligence is d only intelligence on this earth,then i'D better remain a dunce

sm people think when one is dull academically that means d person is waste

i think that people r gifted in diff regions,there r some people that have not seen d four walls of a uni before but blive me their intelligence beats d imaginations of the "supposed intelligent"

Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2008
sm people think when one is dull academically that means d person is waste

i think that people r gifted in diff regions,there r some people that have not seen d four walls of a uni before but blive me their intelligence beats d imaginations of the "supposed intelligent"
You are somehow in my mind. I may have to show her this opinion.

Your name keep depleting everyday. I read somewhere that it was Jelila kadiri(lol). Guard this new one before you'll run out names. grin
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by jenikadi: 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2008
wen seun is tired,he will stop banning me grin grin grin grin

@topic

dat ur friend needs the IQ dat shes complaining about

cos if she has dis IQ she will know dat academical intelligence is not the only intelligence one should have

ask her,if both of her parents went to school,if yes fine,mum did nt complete hers,but my dad did,did it affect any of their kids?no

if she says dat her parents wen to school ask her if her grandparents did ?if no?then ask her again if it affected all their(grandparents) kids
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2008
. . . Erhhmmm it's a big deal for me . . . cheesy
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2008
. . . Erhhmmm it's a big deal for me . .
Why?
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2008
I'm attracted to the academically brilliant. cheesy It's just like a fetish cheesy
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2008
I'm attracted to the academically brilliant.

As in he must be a first class material or never? Do you know there are so many factors that can retard somebody in school and not only academic incompetence? . Na im be say Pataki no get hope for ya side. lipsrsealed
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by eldee(m): 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2008
Will I pass up a woman cus she has an abnormally low IQ??

Hell yeah!!! Nah . . . not for the stupid excuse she used
But I just think sumtimes our discussions might go academical and it's sad to have to explain everything to her
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2008

Hell yeah!!! Nah . . . not for the stupid excuse she used
But I just think sumtimes our discussions might go academical and it's sad to have to explain everything to her

Is academics the only true test of intelligence?
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

As in he must be a first class material or never? Do you know there are so many factors that can retard somebody in school and not only academic incompetence?

To put it explicitly, someone with a higher IQ than me is more like it. tongue I've never been attracted to dunces, sorry.
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by jenikadi: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2008
stillwater:

To put it explicitly, someone with a higher IQ than me is more like it. tongue I've never been attracted to dunces, sorry.

what if hes academically not so good,but generally very intelligent,and has got wisdom to crown it all,will u still let go?
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by janami(f): 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

Is academics the only true test of intelligence?
No.

Imagine one marrying a robot.
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2008

To put it explicitly, someone with a higher IQ than me is more like it. Tongue I've never been attracted to dunces, sorry.

So he must be a geek or nothing for you? geeks can be perverts oh. Imagine a genius like Michael Jackson who never had a formal education, will you pass on him because he doesn't have academic knowledge?
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Sauron1: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

I've been arguing with a girlfriend of mine on the importance of high IQ. She supported her elder sister for refusing to marry her boyfriend who fits 90% of her desires in a man but for the fact that he struggled during his school days. He studied engineering(5 yr programme) for nearly 8 years and managed to graduate with a 2nd class lower. The girl argued that making children with such man may overshadow her high IQ and she may end up with a child who is not bright academically which may be a big hindrance in the child's chance of becoming successful in life. She argues: "what will be her children's chances of going to medical school in a highly competitive society like this".

My question is: Will you pass on a suitor because of this excuse because I think it's frivolous unless am missing something?.

This guy in question took his time again in America and got an MBA  although he never worked with any of his degrees and they are suspecting that his GPA after the MBA may be below 3 points and that's why he didn't get a job with it.

There's a big difference between intelligence and brilliance!!!

Seriously, i know many geniuses in the classroom but weak minded when it comes to applying their knowledge on the streets.
Most 1st class students are dunces. . . . . .I made sure i didn't come out with a FIRST CLASS so i won't be classified as a dunce.
Some people have a high powered retentive memory. . . . .They would replicate whatever they are taught in class and write em down in the EXAMS to make high grades. . . . . .Put them on the streetz and u see a cold puppy without clues.
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2008
No.

Imagine one marrying a robot.
Roflmao grin grin grin
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2008
I don't know sha, I will be saying no now but you can only make such decisions when it actually comes, I would prefer to marry somebody bright in the academic aspect but it does not mean if a guy comes my way and I really like him, I will totally brush him off due to his lacking in academic intellect  embarassed
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by jenikadi: 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2008
~Sauron~:

There's a big difference between intelligence and brilliance!!!

Seriously, i know many geniuses in the classroom but weak minded when it comes to applying their knowledge on the streets.
Most 1st class students are dunces. . . . . .I made sure i didn't come out with a FIRST CLASS so i won't be classified as a dunce.
Some people have a high powered retentive memory. . . . .They would replicate whatever they are taught in class and write em down in the EXAMS to make high grades. . . . . .Put them on the streetz and u see a cold puppy without clues.
May you live long ojare
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2008

Hannibal don come again? Na 3rd class e carry comotoo. tongue
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by jenikadi: 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2008
funmi abeg u and hannibal should save dat play for later,dis thread should not be derailed
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by eminemkayc: 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2008
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2008
I don't know sha, I will be saying no now but you can only make such decisions when it actually comes, I would prefer to marry somebody bright in the academic aspect but it does not mean if a guy comes my way and I really like him, I will totally brush him off due to his lacking in academic intellect

Why the preference? Is it because you want to assure you'll have bright kids assuming you are a genius yourself?.
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2008
funmi abeg u and hannibal should save that play for later,this thread should not be derailed
Ok; warn him to stay off my behind because i'll fart straight in his face.
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by jenikadi: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2008
eminemkayc:

Meen its important 2 me oooooh! I made a 1st class in skul by HIS grace probably because my mum's a v.intellignt lecturer nd my dad's a scholar! Bt frankly speakng,it realy works OH! My thoughts are SPORADIC so is that of my 2 sisters!

and wat if shes academically good as in shes a guru,but outside her academical life shes a dunce,wat will u do?

stillwater uve not answered my qstion
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Sauron1: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2008
jeni_kadi:

May you live long ojare

Seriously, the FIRST CLASS students in ma set were all robots.
They know nuthing apart from their books.
Most of em don't even know what is happening around them??

Is that intelligent??
Robert Price was the best student in ma class and he believes Africa is a country and not a continent!!!
Whereas, when it comes to Physics, Mathematics and Thermodynamics, he can crack it more than anyone else.
The guy was a royal Arrow.
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2008
Meen its important 2 me oooooh! I made a 1st class in skul by HIS grace probably because my mum's a v.intellignt lecturer nd my dad's a scholar! Bt frankly speakng,it realy works OH! My thoughts are SPORADIC so is that of my 2 sisters!
Is your family a normal happy one or are you guys a bunch of freaks in a household? Are you weak minded like Sauron said?
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2008
jeni_kadi:

what if hes academically not so good,but generally very intelligent,and has got wisdom to crown it all,will u still let go?

Then he has to prove his worth to me financially. tongue grin

DeepZone:

So he must be a geek or nothing for you? geeks can be perverts oh. Imagine a genius like Michael Jackson who never had a formal education, will you pass on him because he doesn't have academic knowledge?

Jeez not necessarily geeks with the sordid hair and eyeglasses. I've known guys who ace their studies and still look hot. They are no where near the stereotypical nerd in terms of hideous fashion and attitude. I love me some brains. cheesy
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

Why the preference? Is it because you want to assure you'll have bright kids assuming you are a genius yourself?.
Lol, can you pass intelligence on genetically? lol Nah, that's not the reason why, I have always been attracted to bright people smiley
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2008
jeni_kadi:

and what if shes academically good as in shes a guru,but outside her academical life shes a dunce,what will u do?

stillwater uve not answered my qstion

I've answered cheesy
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Sauron1: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2008
stillwater:

Jeez not necessarily geeks with the sordid hair and eyeglasses. I've known guys who ace their studies and still look hot. They are no where near the stereotypical nerd in terms of hideous fashion and attitude. I love me some brains. cheesy

Stop talking about me, Stilly!!! wink wink wink wink
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by DeepZone: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2008
Lol, can you pass intelligence on genetically? lol Nah, that's not the reason why, I have always been attracted to bright people

Yes, yes and yes. OdeISM can also be passed genetically. kiss
Re: IQ: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2008
~Sauron~:

Stop talking about me, Stilly!!! wink wink wink wink

Drinking again, are we? cheesy

Which curves would you go for? Toolz Or Mercy Johnson? / Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? / How A Lady Raped A Keke Napep Driver In Kaduna