Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (201846 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Bostin(m): 5:38am On Dec 18, 2023
YeyeBoyfriend:
Thanks.

The documents I submitted are;
1- Police character certificate
2- Travel insurance
3- Flight itinerary
4- Invitation letter
5- Photocopies of my previous visas and passport data page
Does your company invitation letter includes provision of accommodation and feeding reason you didn't includes POF ?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by YeyeBoyfriend: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2023
Yes
Bostin:
Does your company invitation letter includes provision of accommodation and feeding reason you didn't includes POF ?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Guru9ja(m): 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2023
DARLYNBOI:
My student visa for a Master programme just got approved in November (last month) but my wife who applied along with me as a dependant is yet to receive any call from the embassy till date and I am in panic mode because we intend to leave Nigeria latest by Jan ending and we have started selling our household items.
I can't leave her alone in Nigeria because her parents are no more alive and it will definitely be dangerous to live apart because our marriage is just about 3years old.
I need someone to advise me and wish to know how student with similar experience were able to secure approval for their spouse and what is the longest period it took from experience.
what is your plan sir, cos I am considering same route with my wife. What document did u submit
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Lavaqueen(f): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2023
YeyeBoyfriend:
Thanks.

The documents I submitted are;
1- Police character certificate
2- Travel insurance
3- Flight itinerary
4- Invitation letter
5- Photocopies of my previous visas and passport data page

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by DARLYNBOI: 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Guru9ja:
what is your plan sir, cos I am considering same route with my wife. What document did u submit

You dey answer my questions abi u dey add to my worries..

Anyways contact me on otunbasouthwest@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Cammybabe: 10:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Good evening everyone, please how much does legalization of documents cost at Portuguese embassy?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by baba4thegehs: 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2023
DARLYNBOI:

You dey answer my questions abi u dey add to my worries..

Anyways contact me on otunbasouthwest@gmail.com

Lol. No vex jare.
Hopefully someone with experience will respond to your questions.

All the best mate.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by freedomtours(m): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2023
Cammybabe:
Good evening everyone, please how much does legalization of documents cost at Portuguese embassy?

At the embassy
1 documents verification ( for masters, your Bsc&transcript does attract any money for verification, but you will pay 150k for verification of Nd&Hnd, for those goi g for bsc they will have to pay 150k for the verification of your waec certificate at the Embasy, why marriages certificate, birth and others ranges from 150k and above
2 Verification duration takes minimum of 6 weeks after verification you can pick your documents for legalization, which cost approximate 17k that same day or next day
3 submittion for verification is only on Thursday and next week Thursday will be the last for the year at Abuja embasy
4 collection of documents and submission of receipt of payments is on every Tuesdays
Note: because next week Tuesdays is public holiday, the embassy have decided to conduct both collections and submission on thursday.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cosade(m): 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
DARLYNBOI:
My student visa for a Master programme just got approved in November (last month) but my wife who applied along with me as a dependant is yet to receive any call from the embassy till date and I am in panic mode because we intend to leave Nigeria latest by Jan ending and we have started selling our household items.
I can't leave her alone in Nigeria because her parents are no more alive and it will definitely be dangerous to live apart because our marriage is just about 3years old.
I need someone to advise me and wish to know how student with similar experience were able to secure approval for their spouse and what is the longest period it took from experience.

Unfortunately, you will have to travel alone to Portugal and your wife/family will join you at a later date. You will need to get your Temporary Residence Permit (TRC) when you arrive in Portugal first, before you can start the reunification process for your wife/family.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Liadi2(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2023
freedomtours:

At the embassy
1 documents verification ( for masters, your Bsc&transcript does attract any money for verification, but you will pay 150k for verification of Nd&Hnd, for those goi g for bsc they will have to pay 150k for the verification of your waec certificate at the Embasy, why marriages certificate, birth and others ranges from 150k and above
2 Verification duration takes minimum of 6 weeks after verification you can pick your documents for legalization, which cost approximate 17k that same day or next day
3 submittion for verification is only on Thursday and next week Thursday will be the last for the year at Abuja embasy
4 collection of documents and submission of receipt of payments is on every Tuesdays
Note: because next week Tuesdays is public holiday, the embassy have decided to conduct both collections and submission on thursday.
Please the ND transcripts and HND Transcripts can i use student copy has we all know school don't normally give us official transcript?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by freedomtours(m): 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2023
Liadi2:

Please the ND transcripts and HND Transcripts can i use student copy has we all know school don't normally give us official transcript?

You can request from your school
The fastest means which we normal use in doing that is my using ministry of education address.
I can give you the ministry address, ones it get here within 2 weeks it can be picked for Authentication
MOE does not accept student cope transcript.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Cammybabe: 11:31am On Dec 28, 2023
Thanks sir. You mean 150k for both HNd and Nd certificate with transcript or is the 150k for certificate only? Also, is it 150k each for marriage and birth certificate?
freedomtours:

At the embassy
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by freedomtours(m): 12:21am On Dec 29, 2023
Cammybabe:
Thanks sir. You mean 150k for both HNd and Nd certificate with transcript or is the 150k for certificate only? Also, is it 150k each for marriage and birth certificate?

I think someone has cleared you on that
Apart from you university certicate and transcript which is free, marriage, waec, Nd&hnd you will pay upto 150 ie if you are going for bsc, you will expected to submit your Waec for verification/Legalization, that your waec your submitting for verification you will have to pay 150k for it the verification after verification you will be contact to come and pick the documents and then Legalize it which is 17k approximately at them embassy.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by baba4thegehs: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2023
Any hint on how to book appointments?

Saying no available dates on the VFS.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Onyinyeuc: 4:00am On Jan 09
She will get soon.

Plz do u have someone in Portugal that can receive someone.
Thanks

cosade:

Unfortunately, you will have to travel alone to Portugal and your wife/family will join you at a later date. You will need to get your Temporary Residence Permit (TRC) when you arrive in Portugal first, before you can start the reunification process for your wife/family.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Onyinyeuc: 4:01am On Jan 09
Plz contact me with this, onyinyemelukamuc@gmail.com.

quote author=Onyinyeuc post=127849231]She will get soon.

Thanks

[/quote]
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cosade(m): 8:49am On Jan 09
Onyinyeuc:
She will get soon.

Thanks

Portugal is a country not a city.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Breathtaker(m): 7:56am On Jan 10
Please I'd like to know the amount needed for POF for student's visa.

I'd like anyone who got visa recently to tell me please.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by bet9ja(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18
Cammybabe:

I did Police character certificate for 500 Naira

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Cammybabe: 7:47pm On Jan 18
Good evening everyone, please can someone share the website link to book an appointment for document submission at the embassy?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Cammybabe: 7:51pm On Jan 18
please can you share the website link to book an appointment for document submission at the embassy?
freedomtours:

At the embassy
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by freedomtours(m): 10:52pm On Jan 19
[quote author=Cammybabe post=128008516]please can you share the website link to book an appointment for document submission at the embassy?

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tundelomo(m): 12:37am On Jan 20
Good evening all, please I will like to know I it's true that the MOE and MOFA are not collecting documents for authentication until further notice? Before I will travel to abuja. Please your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by freedomtours(m): 8:32am On Jan 21
tundelomo:
Good evening all, please I will like to know I it's true that the MOE and MOFA are not collecting documents for authentication until further notice? Before I will travel to abuja. Please your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks

But moe&mofa have suspended the authenticate of BSc and ND and Hnd for now due to mass proliferation of fake certificates, it started on Monday this week, hopeful it will be resolved by next week.
Don't worry I will keep you posted

But you can authenticate your Waec/Neco if you are going for BSc, they are still accepting o levels
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by bola01234: 3:34pm On Jan 24
Hello pls my GF has a UK bsc and also a British born and I want to go with her to Portugal as dependent with 2 kids.

Does she need to verifying at the ministry of education but go to the foreign affairs with our other documents.your reply be will needed
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by baba4thegehs: 8:33pm On Jan 24
bola01234:
Hello pls my GF has a UK bsc and also a British born and I want to go with her to Portugal as dependent with 2 kids.

Does she need to verifying at the ministry of education but go to the foreign affairs with our other documents.your reply be will needed

Your GF?
Your relationship status needs to change for you to stand a chance.

Or did you mean your spouse?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by willietex(m): 12:28am On Jan 29
Greetings guys
Pls I want to know if do Portugal consulate legalizes documents or it's only done by MOE & MOFA.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by willietex(m): 12:31am On Jan 29
Pls guys
I did electrical & electronics engineering (H.N.D) can I use it to for for masters in Portugal?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Rxzepet01: 9:44pm On Jan 29
Wow!!. And I just applied for transcripts to Moe earlier today. This country sef.
Is there any genuine person that helps with authentication process in Moe and mofa for those who can't come to Abuja?

freedomtours:

But moe&mofa have suspended the authenticate of BSc and ND and Hnd for now due to mass proliferation of fake certificates, it started on Monday this week, hopeful it will be resolved by next week.
Don't worry I will keep you posted

But you can authenticate your Waec/Neco if you are going for BSc, they are still accepting o levels
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by freedomtours(m): 10:02pm On Jan 29
willietex:
Pls guys
I did electrical & electronics engineering (H.N.D) can I use it to for for masters in Portugal?

Yes of course but prepare to pay 150k at the Portugal embassy for the verification of your ND, hnd and transcript at the embassy which the verification exercise takes 6 weeks for processing.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by freedomtours(m): 10:07pm On Jan 29
willietex:
Greetings guys
Pls I want to know if do Portugal consulate legalizes documents or it's only done by MOE & MOFA.

Portugal embassy handles the verification/legalization after it has been authenticate at moe&mofa, so moe&mofa handles authentication why embassy handles verification/legalization.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.