Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,517 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (204331 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nitta08(f): 6:12pm On May 19, 2023
Hi all, please I need help with an accommodation in Portugal. I’m coming in next month and looking for accommodation has been a hassle. Please help.
Thank you!
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by honestlytrue: 8:54pm On May 23, 2023
Nitta08:
Hi all, please I need help with an accommodation in Portugal. I’m coming in next month and looking for accommodation has been a hassle.
Please help.
Thank you!

Check these lists

Airbnb;
BQuarto;
Casa Alfacinha;
Collegiate;
Coolivin;
Easy Roomate;
Erasmusu;
Erasmus Life Lisboa;
Erasmus Lisboa;
Erasmus Student Network;
Fundação Cidade de Lisboa;
Housing Anywhere;
Houze Student;
Lemon Garden;
Lisbon Rooms;
Livensa Living;
Residência Avenidas;
Accommodation at Rua Fialho de Almeida 17 4E;
Spot A Home;
The Housing Concept;
UHub;
Uniplaces;
Wimdu.

Please how did you apply for your visa? Is the embassy open now

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nitta08(f): 1:00am On May 24, 2023
Thank you so much!
I did not apply for a visa. I got a residence permit. I applied from Ukraine.

honestlytrue:

Check these lists

Airbnb;
BQuarto;
Casa Alfacinha;
Collegiate;
Coolivin;
Easy Roomate;
Erasmusu;
Erasmus Life Lisboa;
Erasmus Lisboa;
Erasmus Student Network;
Fundação Cidade de Lisboa;
Housing Anywhere;
Houze Student;
Lemon Garden;
Lisbon Rooms;
Livensa Living;
Residência Avenidas;
Accommodation at Rua Fialho de Almeida 17 4E;
Spot A Home;
The Housing Concept;
UHub;
Uniplaces;
Wimdu.

Please how did you apply for your visa? Is the embassy open now
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by MarySax(f): 2:32am On Jun 20, 2023
Hello nairalanders,
Please is the Portuguese embassy now attending to student visa applicants?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Eliona(f): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2023
Yes but you book appointment online
MarySax:
Hello nairalanders,
Please is the Portuguese embassy now attending to student visa applicants?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by MarySax(f): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Eliona:

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by giggspro(m): 5:05am On Jun 21, 2023
Eliona:
Which website can one book online
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lady25(f): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
Please I want to apply for job search visa. How easy is it to get a job within 120days and move on to the residence permit as a Nigerian that doesn't speak Portuguese
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by YeyeBoyfriend: 1:25am On Jul 18, 2023
Good morning y'all,

Has anyone submitted work Visa application at the Portuguese embassy recently?

Please.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Qmab: 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
Hello, any Nigerian student in University of Porto, I need assistance with getting a short stay accommodation in Porto. I will be coming to UPorto for 3 months starting from October for internship and trying to get lodging in the school dorm isn't looking pretty. I will appreciate any lead on this. Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by babakb: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
lady25:
Please I want to apply for job search visa. How easy is it to get a job within 120days and move on to the residence permit as a Nigerian that doesn't speak Portuguese

To be honest it will be extremely hard to get a job within 120 days without any knowledge of Portuguese in Portugal.

All these Job seeker visas introduced by EU countries are good but the applicants have to be careful not to go there and exhaust their hard earned savings within six months and come back to Nigeria pennyless.

My advice is: Learn Portuguese to an Intermediate level, to a level where you can write your CV in Portuguese, attend interviews, etc, Nigerians have an edge with this class of Visa because we are fluent in English, if only we will endure and learn the official language of the country we intend to immigrate to.

All the best wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lady25(f): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
babakb:

To be honest it will be extremely hard to get a job within 120 days without any knowledge of Portuguese in Portugal.

All these Job seeker visas introduced by EU countries are good but the applicants have to be careful not to go there and exhaust their hard earned savings within six months and come back to Nigeria pennyless.

My advice is: Learn Portuguese to an Intermediate level, to a level where you can write your CV in Portuguese, attend interviews, etc, Nigerians have an edge with this class of Visa because we are fluent in English, if only we will endure and learn the official language of the country we intend to immigrate to.

All the best wink wink wink
Thank you so much. I have started learning Portuguese with the help of duolingo. I guess I have to put in more effort

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by fancyto(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
If you are in any Schengen region on a tourist visa and wish to convert it to a resident permit card, Mail Me.
Note it's possible provided your Schengen visa hasn't expired
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by horlash96: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2023
fancyto:
If you are in any Schengen region on a tourist visa and wish to convert it to a resident permit card, Mail Me.
How true is that?
Drop your contact
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by MadeMan01(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2023
fancyto:

Details on this i am interested
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Raregem9000(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2023
Good morning gurus on this thread, anyone here used HND for masters in portugal?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by giggspro(m): 6:27am On Aug 26, 2023
Could anyone who has recently obtained a Portugal visa share the cost for document legalization and the visa fee (euro rate) please
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by MadeMan01(m): 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2023
I applied for Portugal Schengen visa and did biometrics on August 17. Today August 29, I received mail from VFSGlobal saying my application is with the Embassy under review. When can I expect decision, response and delivery?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Raregem9000(m): 8:05am On Aug 31, 2023
Good morning, please what are the documents I need to legalize alongside with my HND certificate?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by allyrich(f): 12:23am On Sep 03, 2023
Pls I need who can guide me as regards studying in Portugal. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Raregem9000(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
Good evening bosses here, please can statement of result be used for authentication at the ministry of education?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by freedomtours(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Raregem9000:
Good evening bosses here, please can statement of result be used for authentication at the ministry of education?

Yes if it is not more than 5 years that it was issued, because it is assumed that before 5 years the original certicate would have been out
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Raregem9000(m): 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2023
Thanks so very much boss. I'll contact my school for the cerificate then because the statement is more than 5 years
freedomtours:

Yes if it is not more than 5 years that it was issued, because it is assumed that before 5 years the original certicate would have been out
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cosade(m): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2023
fancyto:

Hello,

Do not over promise.
This process is not as easy as you have stated it. It is a long and tortuous process which can be very frustrating!

A better option is going through higher education studies in Portugal. Even at that, it’s still not a very easy process because the economy of Portugal is still struggling.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cosade(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2023
Nitta08:
Hi all, please I need help with an accommodation in Portugal. I’m coming in next month and looking for accommodation has been a hassle. Please help.
Thank you!

This very vague, where specifically in Portugal are you looking for accommodation?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cosade(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2023
lady25:

If you’re into core IT, or Engineering you may be able to get a job within 120 days arriving in Portugal without knowledge of Portuguese, but you must have started the process before travelling.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cosade(m): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2023
horlash96:

How true is that?
Drop your contact

Beware!
There’s a very long list of frustrated people in Portugal undergoing through this process as of now.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cosade(m): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2023
MadeMan01:

Details on this i am interested

Caveat Emptor
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cosade(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2023
chatmate:
pls anyone in portugal here,

I want to know how to exchange nigeran driving license in Portugal when you live in another EU countries..

Do I need to have Portugal residence permit? do you think its possible with other eu residence permit

anyone?

If this has not been addressed, I can confirm that you will be able to exchange your Nigerian Driving Licence in Portugal but you must have Portugal residence permit. In addition, you’ll need to get a confirmation letter from FRSC addressed to the counterpart in Portugal.

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lady25(f): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
cosade:

If you’re into core IT, or Engineering you may be able to get a job within 120 days arriving in Portugal without knowledge of Portuguese, but you must have started the process before travelling.

Oh! Thanks for this nut I'm not . It has been impossible to get a date
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by YeyeBoyfriend: 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
How about someone with an expired residence permit but a valid Schengen visa?
fancyto:

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (60) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Travelling To Canada-part2 / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.