Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN (48825 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Babalegba(m): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
I tire for Nigerian mentality o. What exactly has all the money spent on Nigerian education achieved. Anyway the Americans have a serum that has not been extensively tested. They are unwilling to use it on Africans at the moment because there might be accusations from Africand that they are being used as guinea pigs but they used it on their own citizens in a last ditch attempt to save their lives. I read about it on the bbc website .

4 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by 2nattie(m): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
Toaskarity:

No its a disease from us africans who can't do shit in this world but wait for help from white to help our miserable life...

@commenters doubting the cure
I bet most of u think others re as lazy as we africans are? No trust me right from the day their citizen was affected was the day their doctors nd pharmaceutical department start working hard to cure it...They don't sit arround lazy crying out about others..like Nigerians crying out about wat happening in isreal/palest btwn these 2 piece of sh..it country don't even see blacks as good smh

Why was it that they had to treat some people with it and leave others to die. This is pure conspiracy.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by uzolexis(f): 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
If u want to make FP just add Ebola 2 ur topic.

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nestor021: 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
Learn how you can PING using BBM messenger on your Laptop/PC.
Visit www.felicityglobal.com.ng for more info.

Good Moderators are also needed at the forum.
Enjoy & Share!!!
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
mekula: How come there has been no fatality in other continents outside Africa as concerns Ebola whereas there have been numerous outbreaks in the past in US, UK, Phillipines, Italy? Only in Africa have people died from the virus till date. Why did the liberian man travel to Nigeria, knowing fully well he had the virus? I think he was sent here on a mission, but God intervened, because if that man had entered the streets of Lagos like that...we'd be seeing a different scenario.

Whenever these people develop another strain of Ebola, they will come and test it out on Africa and give it another variant, hence Ebola Sudan, e.t.c. Maybe they want to create Ebola Nigeria now.

There are no fatalities because in other countries...as soon as someone falls sick with a suspected infectious disease....he is immediately isolated and kept in a strict ICU unit where no one can enter except in full biosuits.

Whereas in African countires? My guy falls sick.,....heads to the health center....is treated for malariaand typhoid....gets worse...dies...and has infected dozens of people in said health center.

Do we have Isolation units in our hospitals? Nope.

2 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Onegai(f): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
Typical, typical of Africans. It is never our fault, it is someone else's problem, they should come and save us, while we hurl insults at them.

Even if Ebola was developed by Americans, 38 years after it was discovered in Congo, NOT ONE African govt had funded research on it, not one single one. Or was the CIA forbidding you from doing research, nope, your greed, selfishness, ineptitude and corruption stopped any single Minister of Health from doing anything.

The US and some British labs developed a cure because they had the foresight to think if those countries were attacked with a bio-terrorist weapon, they will make money selling the cure to the Dept. Of Defense (they are the ones now funding ZMapp). Anyone who has taken "the stop" in Virginia, and worked there knows what I'm talking about.

The big Malaria research hospital in Gambia (where they've done research on viruses), is it sponsored by an African govt? NOPE! The place is filled with Indians, Europeans and Nigerian doctors are running there daily, your govt cannot even go and say "take this money, so my country has a stake in your findings". Mbah, we are waiting for WHO and US aid.

Then we will insult them, and at the same time, ask them to develop a cure and vaccine quickly. Since January, has your govt even bothered to sensitise us about Ebola, monitor flights from hotzones or even ask WHO or MSF to conduct clinical trials with whatever compound they think is in Bitter Kola, that Maurice Iwu wrote about years ago, that purports to treat Ebola? NOPE! (Did they even try to ask, or just gave excuse "you know those people are sponsored by US firms"wink. We're now doing medicine after death.

The world owes Africa NOTHING and will keep treating you like 2nd-class citizens until you start taking responsibility for yourselves. We don't have money to fund research, yet our presidential fleet has 9 private jets and our lawmakers are better paid than more-developed countries. Common sense and responsibility isn't part of the Black race. Abegi!!

22 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by dhensity: 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
Bawss1:

Why must you look to the Americans for help? Why can't you come up with cures yourself instead of pointing fingers at someone else?

You can not put something on nothing and expect it to stand...I am not lukin down on Africa but truth be told we dont have the structure and intellectual capacity to come up woth some solutions..4 that we have to give it to the whites who have dem!!!
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
Babalegba: I tire for Nigerian mentality o. What exactly has all the money spent on Nigerian education achieved. Anyway the Americans have a serum that has not been extensively tested. They are unwilling to use it on Africans at the moment because there might be accusations from Africand that they are being used as guinea pigs but they used it on their own citizens in a last ditch attempt to save their lives. I read about it on the bbc website .

Indeed.....

1 thousand likes.

2 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by edogho(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
emmansy:

Una dey chop wetin!!! Errrghhhhhhhh!!! *puking*
grin grin i meant it. they should just let us know where on earth monkeys/bats got d shit from. mi closest guess is - from their lab. now one zmapp just confessed to d crime. bio-terrorists, d whole lot of them.

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
emmansy:

Ebola is the name of the village it was first detected in W/Africa...
WRONG.IT IS NAMED AFTER THE EBOLA RIVER WHICH IS NEAR THE VILLAGE IT WAS DISCOVERED IN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO(FORMERLY ZAIRE)

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
Onegai: Typical, typical of Africans. It is never our fault, it is someone else's problem, they should come and save us, while we hurl insults at them.

Even if Ebola was developed by Americans, 38 years after it was discovered in Congo, NOT ONE African govt had funded research on it, not one single one. Or was the CIA forbidding you from doing research, nope, your greed, selfishness, ineptitude and corruption stopped any single Minister of Health from doing anything.

The US and some British labs developed a cure because they had the foresight to think if those countries were attacked with a bio-terrorist weapon, they will make money selling the cure to the Dept. Of Defense (they are the ones now funding ZMapp). Anyone who has taken "the stop" in Virginia, and worked there knows what I'm talking about.

The big Malaria research hospital in Gambia (where they've done research on viruses), is it sponsored by an African govt? NOPE! The place is filled with Indians, Europeans and Nigerian doctors are running there daily, your govt cannot even go and say "take this money, so my country has a stake in your findings". Mbah, we are waiting for WHO and US aid.

Then we will insult them, and at the same time, ask them to develop a cure and vaccine quickly. Since January, has your govt even bothered to sensitise us about Ebola, monitor flights from hotzones or even ask WHO or MSF to conduct clinical trials with whatever compound they think is in Bitter Kola, that Maurice Iwu wrote about years ago, that purports to treat Ebola? NOPE! (Did they even try to ask, or just gave excuse "you know those people are sponsored by US firms"wink. We're now doing medicine after death.

The world owes Africa NOTHING and will keep treating you like 2nd-class citizens until you start taking responsibility for yourselves. We don't have money to fund research, yet our presidential fleet has 9 private jets and our lawmakers are better paid than more-developed countries. Common sense and responsibility isn't part of the Black race. Abegi!!

Thanks a lot. Excellent post.

Now expect some responses calling you a slave.

Funny isn't it?....when someone tells Black man to innovate....s/he is promptly called a slave.

3 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Olitec40chino(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
I no like this earth any more,I no wan die. cry
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
kekakuz: Chai.
Secret serum

Oyinbo wey do pencil
Na dem do erazer

Create virus just to sell anti virusvirus embarassed

Africans , we have been whining since 1800.

If you believe ebola is a biological weapon why are we not developing ours and counter attack?

Blame the whites for everything including the corruption that has ravaged Africa mtcheww.

2 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Y are people sayn d west engineered d virus and then created a serum 2 make money? Wat d hell y do people reason like this. The research on cure for ebola started in 2012 whch only proved effective on monkeys. If really d west engineered d virus why couldn't dey create a serum alongside since 1976 wen ebola was first reported. Thereafter the virus resurfaced in 2009, 2011,2012 n now 2014. So wat r ya'll sayn bout d west engineering d virus? If dey did y did it take dem so long to create a serum 2 make money off d disease ya'll claimin dey created.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by jamst(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Bawss1:

Where is the truth in all you have been saying?

You people just spread FUD everywhere: America is out to wipe out Africa, AIDS and Ebola were developed by the CIA and all such similar sounding rubbish. Not one of such ridiculous claims are backed by verifiable evidence, all of them are absolute conspiracies.

Only the gullible will fall such attempts.

Well,i dont blame you cos you cant do ur home work
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Y are people sayn d west engineered d virus and then created a serum 2 make money? Wat d hell y do people reason like this. The research on cure for ebola started in 2012 by a canadian company whch only proved effective on monkeys. If really d west engineered d virus why couldn't dey create a serum alongside since 1976 wen ebola was first reported. Thereafter the virus resurfaced in 2009, 2011,2012 n now 2014. So wat r ya'll sayn bout d west engineering d virus? If dey did y did it take dem so long to create a serum 2 make money off d disease ya'll claimin dey created..
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Salex007(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Military disease created by the americans in other to reduce the population of africans

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Bawss1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Burger01: I'm sure the US has cure for HIV. Have always been saying this. If they could come up with serum for Ebola within few days of this epidemic why won't they have cure for HIV? Point is HIV is less dangerous than Ebola when managed properly, plus patients can live normally and even more healthier than peeps who are not on ART.
If they can't release cure for these communicable diseases they should, at the very least, come up with inoculations.. sad

Unbelievable! Where do you derive the effontry to demand how the US should go about dealing with these diseases? I won't even pay attention to the first part of your post and the ridiculous claims it contains.

With people like this there is no hope for Nigeria.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Onegai(f): 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Typical, typical of Africans. It is never our fault, it is someone else's problem, they should come and save us, while we hurl insults at them.

The world owes Africa NOTHING and will keep treating you like 2nd-class citizens until you start taking responsibility for yourselves. We don't have money to fund research, yet our presidential fleet has 9 private jets and our lawmakers are better paid than more-developed countries. Abegi!!

3 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Pesuzok(m): 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Onegai: Typical, typical of Africans. It is never our fault, it is someone else's problem, they should come and save us, while we hurl insults at them.

1000 likes

the cure is not yet out and we are already cursing them... na wah

we heard of ebola since march in neighboring countries, but we did nothing, and went about our normal business

its now in Nigeria and we are all running
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by haulagehandlers(m): 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
BedLam: It matters not if we like it or not, this is a wake up call for Africa! Stop praying and work! Get busy, research! Not just study for the papers that has no value. Nothing is free in this world, not in Freetown! What will it cost the Nigerian Government to commit 1billion$ to the research and development of Ebola drugs and vaccines? But no! we like being enslaved, waiting for the West.

$1 billion ke? when we are looking for that amount to fight boko haram.......??
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Salex007: Military disease created by the americans in other to reduce the population of africans

yes o
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2014

My dear u have said everything. Even if truly they are using us as lab rats. What is our government doing. This people no Africans. We are not proactive. We behave like animals hence we are been treated as such. We can't keep having victim mentality and blaming them yet we are neglecting the origin. Nigeria's case is just sad. They use almost 80% of the budget on paying salaries of government workers including aides and personal assistant. Travelling, feeding etc. They have not even provided correct infrastructure and electricity . We kon dey talk of scientific research. Hmmmmn.

It's sad embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2014

YOU'VE SAID IT ALL.PEOPLE WHO BLAME OTHERS 4 THEIR PROBLEMS WILL NEVER DEVELOP angry

AFRICANS WOULD HARDLY TRY TO SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS.THEY WOULD RATHER BLAME D USangry
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by traware(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
Flakeey: like a friend said, ebola is a weaponized virus/chemical warfare and Africa is the testing ground.
wherever they got that name 'ebola'...

Lord, have mercy on us
Africa is a testing ground?Really?Dumbcu.nt,Ebola was first discovered in Sudan in the 1970s and not in the U.S.Since then,why have Governments in Africa not tried to create a vaccine?Continue blaming others for your problems and never taking responsibility.Confirmed captain of Dundee united

3 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2014

We haven't been able to achieve a small fit as stable electricity generation and distribution.

We Africans are whiners! Look at Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe,Congo etc. After years of independence and tell me it's the white man's fault.

3 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
sandijey:

That's not what I saw on cnn. Zmapp is real. Although it's still going through test to see the possible side effects on humans but the doctor who used it has improved drastically. We can only hope it's effective and it's not just an immediate relief and then death later.
When I made dat post, I came across a website with a report on a likely cure for ebola n d report was made in 2012 by a canadian company. Still dey were yet 2 test it on humans as at dat time. Guess zmapp took interest in it n followd suit in d same research. Wen I typed in "likely cure for ebola" in google 7 days ago, cnn and zmapp weren't evn on d googles first page
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
prettyboi1989:
When I made dat post, I came across a website with a report on a likely cure for ebola n d report was made in 2012 by a canadian company. Still dey were yet 2 test it on humans as at dat time. Guess zmapp took interest in it n followd suit in d same research. Wen I typed in "likely cure for ebola" in google 7 days ago, cnn and zmapp weren't evn on d googles first page

Oh ok.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pesuzok:

1000 likes

the cure is not yet out and we are already cursing them... na wah

we heard of ebola since march in neighboring countries, but we did nothing, and went about our normal business

its now in Nigeria and we are all running

Since when I was 10 years I've heard of ebola.

1978 was the first recorded case of ebola. From the to now is 36years. What have we done about this biological weapon?

2 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
sandijey:

That's not what I saw on cnn. Zmapp is real. Although it's still going through test to see the possible side effects on humans but the doctor who used it has improved drastically. We can only hope it's effective and it's not just an immediate relief and then death later.
It will definately work, since it cud work on monkeys treated within 24 to 48 hours of infection wifout any immediate side effects.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by emmansy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
dhammyg:
WRONG.IT IS NAMED AFTER THE EBOLA RIVER WHICH IS NEAR THE VILLAGE IT WAS DISCOVERED IN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO(FORMERLY ZAIRE)

Aunty what is d difference between d 2? Oh! Cos I didn't mention Zaire, ok 1point for u grin Efiko!!!
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by edogho(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
[quote = Onegai] [/quote] buries head in shame. i pity for africa esp d silly boastful and disgraceful giant we've got. buh i don dat monkey before naw, more than 7yrs back o. if its been long as they say, why wasn't i and mi ppl affected i guess dis question's for d gods. all of us shoutin foul play ought to hang our heads in shame. we only think of making money. we should accept that it has always been like that. when china was building their great wall during 220-210 BC!!, what were we africans making?-sand houses. make i park well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Another Conjoined Twins Separated In ATBUTH Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / 2 Elderly People Slump And Die After Alighting From Vehicles In Rivers (Graphic) / My Menstruation Date Is Not Stable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.