Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN (48823 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2014/08/04/there-is-a-cure-for-ebola-we-have-it-we-just-dont-let-anyone-use-it/
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Madam,
Your comment is very negative an unproductive.

You can make you point that we should be more proactive, without criticising those who rightly blame the white man for their role in creating or worsening the crisis. Both views are valid. Otherwise you are just an apologist for the white man.
Onegai: Typical, typical of Africans. It is never our fault, it is someone else's problem, they should come and save us, while we hurl insults at them.

Even if Ebola was developed by Americans, 38 years after it was discovered in Congo, NOT ONE African govt had funded research on it, not one single one. Or was the CIA forbidding you from doing research, nope, your greed, selfishness, ineptitude and corruption stopped any single Minister of Health from doing anything.

The US and some British labs developed a cure because they had the foresight to think if those countries were attacked with a bio-terrorist weapon, they will make money selling the cure to the Dept. Of Defense (they are the ones now funding ZMapp). Anyone who has taken "the stop" in Virginia, and worked there knows what I'm talking about.

The big Malaria research hospital in Gambia (where they've done research on viruses), is it sponsored by an African govt? NOPE! The place is filled with Indians, Europeans and Nigerian doctors are running there daily, your govt cannot even go and say "take this money, so my country has a stake in your findings". Mbah, we are waiting for WHO and US aid.

Then we will insult them, and at the same time, ask them to develop a cure and vaccine quickly. Since January, has your govt even bothered to sensitise us about Ebola, monitor flights from hotzones or even ask WHO or MSF to conduct clinical trials with whatever compound they think is in Bitter Kola, that Maurice Iwu wrote about years ago, that purports to treat Ebola? NOPE! (Did they even try to ask, or just gave excuse "you know those people are sponsored by US firms"wink. We're now doing medicine after death.

The world owes Africa NOTHING and will keep treating you like 2nd-class citizens until you start taking responsibility for yourselves. We don't have money to fund research, yet our presidential fleet has 9 private jets and our lawmakers are better paid than more-developed countries. Common sense and responsibility isn't part of the Black race. Abegi!!

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by babseg(m): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
prettyboi1989: Have ya'll heard of d spanish flu influenza dat killed abt 100million people across europe, asia n d rest of d world in 1918/19? Yet ya'll r sayn ebola is created by some people in some country, its nt evn as deadly as d H1N1 virus. Will u also say som1 somwhr created influenza too? Get some brains fellas

its not all the time these strains were developed. i once watched a documentary that HIV was invented. Ever since the second outbreak of Ebola, i hv been waiting to hear abt the cure or vaccine. This is because some of these pharmaceutical companies can make money quickly and get world recognition thereby releasing deadly strain to be contracted by someone so they can get the glory and money.

I have also watched a documentry by michio kaku. he said that in few years time anybody will be able to make virus by combining some of these amino acids together.

Please note anything is possible in this world.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
This is for discerning black minds who cares about reading and researches, and the plausibility of ebola actually being a biological weapon for eugenics and population control. This is from CNN about Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc., the company that made ZMAPP(not alluding to anything):

The drug was developed by the biotech firm Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc., which is based in San Diego. The company was founded in 2003 "to develop novel pharmaceuticals for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, focusing on unmet needs in global health and biodefense," according to its website.

Mapp Biopharmaceutical has been working with the National Institutes of Health and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, an arm of the military responsible for weapons of mass destruction, to develop an Ebola treatment for several years.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/ebola-drug-questions/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

^^^^Why a company that works with an arm of the military responsible for weapons of mass destruction? The mind boggles! undecided
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by jimharry21(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
if ur not happy about that, please create your own virus & anti virus
kekakuz: Chai.
Secret serum

Oyinbo wey do pencil
Na dem do erazer

Create virus just to sell anti virusvirus embarassed
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by DoubleDee2: 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
Onegai: Typical, typical of Africans. It is never our fault, it is someone else's problem, they should come and save us, while we hurl insults at them.

Even if Ebola was developed by Americans, 38 years after it was discovered in Congo, NOT ONE African govt had funded research on it, not one single one. Or was the CIA forbidding you from doing research, nope, your greed, selfishness, ineptitude and corruption stopped any single Minister of Health from doing anything.

The US and some British labs developed a cure because they had the foresight to think if those countries were attacked with a bio-terrorist weapon, they will make money selling the cure to the Dept. Of Defense (they are the ones now funding ZMapp). Anyone who has taken "the stop" in Virginia, and worked there knows what I'm talking about.

The big Malaria research hospital in Gambia (where they've done research on viruses), is it sponsored by an African govt? NOPE! The place is filled with Indians, Europeans and Nigerian doctors are running there daily, your govt cannot even go and say "take this money, so my country has a stake in your findings". Mbah, we are waiting for WHO and US aid.

Then we will insult them, and at the same time, ask them to develop a cure and vaccine quickly. Since January, has your govt even bothered to sensitise us about Ebola, monitor flights from hotzones or even ask WHO or MSF to conduct clinical trials with whatever compound they think is in Bitter Kola, that Maurice Iwu wrote about years ago, that purports to treat Ebola? NOPE! (Did they even try to ask, or just gave excuse "you know those people are sponsored by US firms"wink. We're now doing medicine after death.

The world owes Africa NOTHING and will keep treating you like 2nd-class citizens until you start taking responsibility for yourselves. We don't have money to fund research, yet our presidential fleet has 9 private jets and our lawmakers are better paid than more-developed countries. Common sense and responsibility isn't part of the Black race. Abegi!!

Nwanne d'alu !

2 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by babseg(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
ekytessy: See wat EBOLA av caused now
"I Just switched on My Nokia Phone Dis Morning & The Two Hands Refuse to Shake Hands wink

seriously? na wa o. i wont even touch any nokia phones again until a cure is made available.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by IMMUNO1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
This is not PDP/APC case niether is it Ibo/Yoruba/Hausa issue. So if you do not know what to comment, stop wasting your data!
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by d33jy85: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
emmansy:

Una welcome, where d rest of una? We don dey wait for una since, so we reserved a front seat for una with bottles of chilled kunnu n zobo!!!

Save 1 bottle 4 me ooo grin
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by tosinhtml: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
BedLam: It matters not if we like it or not, this is a wake up call for Africa! Stop praying and work! Get busy, research! Not just study for the papers that has no value. Nothing is free in this world, not in Freetown! What will it cost the Nigerian Government to commit 1billion$ to the research and development of Ebola drugs and vaccines? But no! we like being enslaved, waiting for the West.

1 Billion Dollar Research ?? When we don't even have light, Right now..i am using GEN just to power my Laptop sad
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Suspect33(m): 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
Palm oil also help to prevent ebola
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Bawss1(m): 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
Burger01:
Tell me one commendable medical breakthrough Nigeria has attained in the research and cure for communicable diseases. i'm here to learn. Thanks.

None!

Which makes it all the more surprising that some Nigerians will come here and start talking down or telling lies about another country that is making efforts to put these diseases in check.

2 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
The Whiteys to the rescue once again i guess....well this so called secret serum is only experimental...but so far i heard it works.
Year 2014, Nigeria's government cannot even provide stable power , good roads and other basic infrastructure ...not to talk of investing in scientific Research....They are busy with stealing and plundering that oil cash money lol....sometimes i am really ashamed to be black...when i reflect on the state of affairs of the black race relative to other races and people in the world....it's unfortunate.....What appalls me the most are the blacks in constant denial .....we are truly fhucked as a people!

4 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
GenBuhari: Madam,
Your comment is very negative an unproductive.

You can make you point that we should be more proactive, without criticising those who rightly blame the white man for their role in creating or worsening the crisis. Both views are valid. Otherwise you are just an apologist for the white man.
Her comment isn't negative nor unproductive. She spoke the truth.

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Burger01(m): 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
Bawss1:

None!

Which makes it all the more surprising that some Nigerians will come here and start talking down or telling lies about another country that is making efforts to put these diseases in check.
Read my initial post again.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
Oyinbo don learn wickedness ba.. lipsrsealed
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by piagetskinner(m): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
BedLam: It matters not if we like it or not, this is a wake up call for Africa! Stop praying and work! Get busy, research! Not just study for the papers that has no value. Nothing is free in this world, not in Freetown! What will it cost the Nigerian Government to commit 1billion$ to the research and development of Ebola drugs and vaccines? But no! we like being enslaved, waiting for the West.
........And pursuing 2015 politrickal ambitions

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
mekula: How come there has been no fatality in other continents outside Africa as concerns Ebola whereas there have been numerous outbreaks in the past in US, UK, Phillipines, Italy? Only in Africa have people died from the virus till date. Why did the liberian man travel to Nigeria, knowing fully well he had the virus? I think he was sent here on a mission, but God intervened, because if that man had entered the streets of Lagos like that...we'd be seeing a different scenario.

Whenever these people develop another strain of Ebola, they will come and test it out on Africa and give it another variant, hence Ebola Sudan, e.t.c. Maybe they want to create Ebola Nigeria now.

another question is - the man who came from liberia was not alone in that flight, if he could die so suddenly after arival, why haven't any other passenger of the plane ebola? not even the passenger seated next to him for hrs from liberia to Lagos?
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Generalkorex(m): 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
america sabi business o chai.they roll out a virus they already have the cure.now they would sell it at a huge amount of money.chai
well sha na their research work dey pay them.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by babseg(m): 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
Generalkorex: america sabi business o chai.they roll out a virus they already have the cure.now they would sell it at a huge amount of money.chai
well sha na their research work dey pay them.

abio o my brother. many hours of sleeplessness is paying off now.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by aadoiza: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
I thought most people would have fathomed how stuff work in this day and age but no they haven't. I have come to realise there's nothing conspiratorial about conspiracy theories as stuff keep coming down the pike as predicted. Evil geniuses(Americans and their cohorts), I hail thee.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Babalegba(m): 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
chiwuike20:
u must also believe that Saddam Hussein's Iraq had a weapon of mass destruction in it's soil. u must be a gullible scholar
. Your post is symptomatic of the reasons why I came to the conclusion a long time ago that Nigeria as a whole or in pieces has no hope.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by 9jawear(m): 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2014
prettyboi1989: Have ya'll heard of d spanish flu influenza dat killed abt 100million people across europe, asia n d rest of d world in 1918/19? Yet ya'll r sayn ebola is created by some people in some country, its nt evn as deadly as d H1N1 virus. Will u also say som1 somwhr created influenza too? Get some brains fellas

you are the one who should get braind and have no idea
of what went into the planting of European
Colonies in Aurstralia, Africa and the Americas
(North, South and Central America) -the Unclad
barbarity inleashed gainst the MOSTLY 'Black'
indegenes, you are MOST likely to see any text
that says 'HIV/AIDS and EBOLA are intentionally
made biological weapons to kill people' as
senseless and silly conspiracy theory. However
that does not justify/legitimise your ignorance of
history but exposes your UNRECEPTIVENESS to
Knowledge and truth. Not far from now in
Guatamela AMERICANS intentionally spread
Syphillis and others. Not far from now NIGERIAN
kids were used as guinea pigs by Western
Pharmaceuticl giant....If I come to learn THAT
MAN Molested my elder sister to death I AM
JUSTIFIED to think his grandchildren playing
behind my backyard have the tendency and
capability to come molest my dogs and
daughters! This does not make me Paranoid! It
only makes me WISE

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Generalkorex(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
babseg:

abio o my brother. many hours of sleeplessness is paying off now.
na so hard work pays
bt smart work pays better.hardwork + smart work is d best.
Thats what america is doing.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by hansibone(m): 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The virus was there back then....the reason why it was not widespread was because there wasno such thing as cars,airplanes, etc in the 17th century.

Plus,viruses can get mutated fast....as an example...a mutated flu virus killed millions across the globe in 1918. (Normal flu viruses cause a mild febrille illness). The mutation might have arisen spontaneously. Ebola ....and HIV could have spread that way.

HIV in particular may have been a mutated form of an ape virus that got into humans in the 1930's(that is where we have our earliest HIV cases on record). Plus HIV is not an effective killer.....it cannot kill people with a defect in a receptor in their CD4 cells called CCRX5..gents and ladies who do not have that receptor...and that includes lots of Africans ...can never come down with AIDS.

We had documentations back then....but it is only in the last 60 years that we have learned how viruses work, talklessof how DNA and RNA work. We only understood how viruses enter cells in the late 1960's.

Many people died of viral diseases in the past...including Europeans.Most times the cause of death was either unknown...or (for Europeans working in Africa)...African fever.(No such disease exists...just the doctor's code word for ''I don't know"').

Again,many people died of viral diseases...including Ebola. The fact that until the 20th century...most Africans lived in isolated communties....and travel was a matter of days and weeks...not hours as it is today.(If Sawyer the Lberian lived 300 years ago...he would have died in his village....and he would have died in the equivalent of the Evil Forest...our ancestors practiced a crude form of isolation. Instead he died in Lagos....taking a journey from Liberia in a few hours that a 100 years ago would have taken weeks by foot.).

All animals used in lab experiments are euthanized afterwards.....(that'sone of the reasons why Animal rights activists protest outside research facilties). They cannot be used in the food supply....and in most instances...there is hardly a wild to release them to. Plus...there is the risk of driving animal species into extinction...thus upsetting the ecological balance.

No conspiracy.

Have you read about how America was conquered? go read about it extensively then you will understand the power of biological weapon way back as the 16th century....

the mutated virus youve been mentioning all came into existence when?

and now lets define MUTATION:-

"In genetics, a mutation is a change of the nucleotide sequence of the genome of an organism, virus, or extrachromosomal genetic element. Mutations result from unrepaired damage to DNA or to RNA genomes (typically caused by radiation or chemical mutagens), errors in the process of replication, or from the insertion or deletion of segments of DNA by mobile genetic elements.[1][2][3] Mutations may or may not produce discernible changes in the observable characteristics (phenotype) of an organism. Mutations play a part in both normal and abnormal biological processes including: evolution, cancer, and the development of the immune system." Coined from WIKIPEDIA

i highlighted some text for you to understudy yourself....

i think its better we make use of words we understand and know.....

lets go back to the flu virus you mentioned, are you AWARE OF THE BLACK DEATH IN EUROPE? go read about it...

lets get ourselves educated and prepared for global domination by some people....

i push blame on anyone who wants to rule the world through any means.... why create a virus just to sell vaccines..... and you say your education power is low... yeah i know its low so lets go kill them stupid and evil leaders.... if youve got the balls to join in the struggle of making AFRICA great..

do you all remember the avian flu.... lol.... till today the asian poultry market has not recovered from it y? you try to make chickens grow faster than the normal way....
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by MAYOWAAK: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
See wat EBOLA av caused now.
I Just switched on My Nokia Phone Dis Morning & The Two Hands Refuse to Shake Hands.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by davywillis: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Now let me ask this question, Can Ebola be securely used to fight BH?

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by nuelski10: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nigeria today:ignorance
corruption
over dependence
over believing in ambient beings eg God,Satan.
if u dont blame other countries u blame God or Satan smh,you r free to hug an infected person after dat u say its not ur portion(lol) or u dont try to prevent d disease wit (God will protect me)
#if u r a die hard Christian just ignore d post#
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
her comment was entirely negative and was no entirely the truth
aflyingbird: Her comment isn't negative nor unproductive. She spoke the truth.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by hansibone(m): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2014

is it not funny the guy who said kolanut is a remedy for ebola stays in AMERICA?

nobody says dont do research..... but i will say dont experiment your new toys on humans just for selfish gains.... remember the pfizer and kano case... we have lots of that everywhere..... lets read more and pay less attention to CNN....
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
chelseabmw: So until it affects their own citizens before they will look for the cure?

Americans lipsrsealed

Why should they look for the cure if doesn't affect them. All of you fond of saying GEJ till 2019 call on your own government to find a cure. Let every Country take care of it's own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Another Conjoined Twins Separated In ATBUTH Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / 2 Elderly People Slump And Die After Alighting From Vehicles In Rivers (Graphic) / My Menstruation Date Is Not Stable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.