Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. (4090 Views)

What Is The Greatest Words Of Encouragement Your Dad Ever Said To You / How A Mature Man Couldn't Control His Urge Even In BRT Standing Queue / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by MizMyColi(f): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
pickabeau1: whats cosmic rebel
The Enemy.
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
MizMyColi: and mi Guapo is become a prophet!!! cheesy cheesy

See?! That ministered to me smiley

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by crackhaus: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
cool

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by MizMyColi(f): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
You, Yes You Reading This Right Now, And I, Are The Change Our World Needs.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by obayaya(m): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and.timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

President Roosevelt

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by tiwalademi(f): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thanks for the words of encouragement;am really moved;[b]Thanks for the words of encouragement;am really moved;[/b]Thanks for the words of encouragement;am really moved;

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by obayaya(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
MizMyColi: shocked Thank You Sir. smiley

You should do this more often wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
Idowuogbo: Even the smoothest road is full of stones.Confidence is half victory, do not try to fit in, you were born to stand out.

Now this is touching coming from badosky. embarassed
Aren't we first of all human!

MizMyColi why are you writing like a feminist which I know you aren't? Don't tell me the odds are in men's favour. Need me encouragement in that angle too. embarassed
Nice write up by the way.
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by MizMyColi(f): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
tiwalademi: Thanks for the words of encouragement;am really moved;[b]Thanks for the words of encouragement;am really moved;[/b]Thanks for the words of encouragement;am really moved;
You-are-Welcome. smiley
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
softsparkyy: May we never let the things we dont
have or can't have spoil the enjoyment and
happiness of the things we have or can have.

Your happiness is in your hands.

Nwanyi oma, I kuru ya mkpo n'isi!
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Jasi7(m): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
softsparkyy: This MizMyColi is one of the reasons I visit nairaland often.

God bless you MizMyColi.
me too...including mzmariah

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by MizMyColi(f): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ishsoph:

Now this is touching coming from badosky. embarassed
Aren't we first of all human!

MizMyColi why are you writing like a feminist which I know you aren't? Don't tell me the odds are in men's favour. Need me encouragement in that angle too. embarassed
Nice write up by the way.
cheesy I'm sure you'll get one here Sir.

Meanwhile, you could say something to inspire hope and courage in us smiley
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
Acidosis:
Market Woman grin No derail dis thread abeg
You're the one derailing.
Drop your own words of inspiration cos she has. cool

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ishsoph:

Nwanyi oma, I kuru ya mkpo n'isi!
Nwoke oma,kedu ka imere?
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by dollyptosh(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Upcoming grin
lol..you'll get there

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
#Excerpts

Don't fall into the trap of believing that if you could change your partner, your relationship would be better. You are, at the very least, jointly accountable for the relationship.

Let go of the childlike notion that falling in love means finding someone who will be responsible for your happiness. You need to take responsibility for your own happiness.

If your relationship is distressed, the most important person for you to change might be yourself. Once you identify the payoffs you are subconsciously seeking with destructive behavior, you can choose to remove them from your life.

Nothing could be further from the truth. There is no definitive "right way" to be a good spouse, good parent, or to handle any relationship challenge that life throws you.

Do what works for you rather than following some standards you might have read in a book or heard from a well-meaning friend. If what you and your partner are doing is generating the results you want, stick with it. If both of you are comfortable with the principles that work, you can write your own rules.

Remember not to be rigid about the way in which you accept your partner's expressions of love. There is no "right way" for someone to love you. The fact that your partner expresses feelings differently doesn't make those feelings less genuine or of less value

Nobody's perfect. As long as your partner's quirks are non-abusive and non-destructive, you can learn to live with them.

Instead of focusing on your partner's shortcomings, remember the qualities that attracted you in the first place. Perhaps some of these idiosyncrasies were part of the attraction? Just because a behavior isn't mainstream, doesn't mean that it's toxic to the relationship.

Be careful to distinguish the difference between a partner with quirks and one with a serious problem. Serious problems that are destructive and abusive include substance abuse and mental/physical abuse. Unlike idiosyncrasies, these are not behaviors you should learn to live with

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
softsparkyy:
Nwoke oma,kedu ka imere?
A dim mma nne m
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might.

Marian Anderson

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nice one Airbornlacer
Nearly wrote airborne disease cheesy
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Enthusiasm is the best protection in any situation. Wholeheartedness is contagious. Give yourself, if you wish to get others.

David Seabury

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Acidosis(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ishsoph:
You're the one derailing.
Drop your own words of inspiration cos she has. cool
okay

Life na Jeje o

grin grin
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
MizMyColi: cheesy I'm sure you'll get one here Sir.

Meanwhile, you could say something to inspire hope and courage in us smiley
Do not work too hard to attract the opposite sex
Work so hard at being a better you and the right person will be attracted.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Never focus on who leaves the starting line first. Rather, focus on working on yourself to beat them before the race is over. A race is not determined by who starts first, but who gets to the finish line in due time.

KiddaBlingzz.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
I give you love, love i give unto you. Give me same, and the world will be a better place.

KiddaBlingzz

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by xynerise: 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
Live without pretending
Love without depending
Listen without defending and
Speak without offending.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by MizMyColi(f): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ishsoph: Nice one Airbornlacer
Nearly wrote airborne disease cheesy

It's AirborneLacer smiley
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Acidosis:
okay

Life na Jeje o

grin grin
Stay quiet and benefit from other commenter's encouragement. After all you're a victim of mizmycoli's post.
Aren't you the dude the received 'K' for a response to 'I love u' to a babe? wink
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
I see myself a pen, i write to change, try to erase and you do so in vain. grin

KiddaBlingzz
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Acidosis(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ishsoph:
Stay quiet and benefit from other commenter's encouragement. After all you're a victim of mizmycoli's post.
Aren't you the dude the received 'K' for a response to 'I love u' to a babe? wink
ahahahaha
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by MizMyColi(f): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
xynerise: Live without pretending
Love without depending
Speak without offending.

......And this is become my new siggy!!!! grin
Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by MissSlimbody(f): 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Not everyone Ɣ☺ΰ̊ love, loves Ɣ☺ΰ̊ in return. Not everyone Ɣ☺ΰ̊ trust Iڪ worth of u̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ trust.
But not everyone lies,and not everyone leaves.
Putting u̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ heart in hiding hurts you---Not them.
Don't lose †ђξ best in Ɣ☺ΰ̊ b'cos of †ђξ worst in them.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
xynerise: Live without pretending
Love without depending
Speak without offending.
Pa Antelope has come
Y'all should listen.
He's married with kids and the oldest young man in romance section. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! My Roommate Gf Is Trying To Seduce Me. / Do You Think Virginity Is Overrated??? / Advice Needed, Should I Accept Him Back ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.