Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,389 members, 7,853,739 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:54 PM

Can You Die For Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Die For Nigeria? (10661 Views)

Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) / I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by retro(f): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2006
Lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2006
Retro, be Sympathetic! sad
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2006
Die for 130 million people in Nigeria? No

Die for Retro? In a heart beat. cheesy
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by dearzi(f): 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2006
Y'all are kidding me right

Jobless/ Rhodalyn, i thought you were female? why do you appear male? is this Seun's doing too?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by retro(f): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2006
Rhodalyn's a male! LMFAO!

DaHitler:

Die for Retro? In a heart beat. cheesy

You know how I feel about you.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by dearzi(f): 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2006
Retro
Aaaah! my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

Jobless
sorry o! i wasn't trying to take a shot at your sexuality.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by dearzi(f): 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2006
Come o! i just read a post and saw Rhodaly as a female!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2006
Thanks for the three spell checks Nutter, I really deserved that, and I am truly humbled.

I think the reference to Ojukwu in Nkem's article today should once and for all show you that Ojukwu is not the hero you claim he is. . .

As for your insinuating that I am a hypocrite, once again you have shown how myopic you can be. I never said I would not die for Nigeria, I said that I would have to look at the situation. There is no human on God's earth who would lay down his life when he knows that that sacrifice would not be appreciated.

You for example would not die for Biafra if you know that at the end of such a sacrifice, they would still lose the war and you would be forgotten. Before you carve a reply (which you always do anyway), think about that little statement.

I would sit down again and carve a more suitable response. But for now, I am a tard busy. As you very well know, I am disengaging from Itex tomorrow, so lots of papers to prepare, haven't had much time for the internet.

One more thing, I would be in Ojoto for about three days starting Sunday or Monday. You could let your Biafran hordes know my location. At least they could use me to prove that they are real men, not run to the Ivory Coast when things are getting too hot.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by xqsmemiss(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2006
Die?? hahaha, e go had me die for my mama nah nigeria u talk. *hiss* u most be joking!!!!!! i go only die for Niaja if all out war done bust (world war) *am talking everywhere. den i know say yes it is worth fighting for cus nah us go survive. grin
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Giorgio: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2006
chxta & nutter would u put a stop to all this? it is geting iritating. both of u r good examples of what everyone says is d problem with igbo people. excessive egos. dis spat b/w u both should have ended long ago.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by retro(f): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2006
dearzi:

Come o! i just read a post and saw Rhodaly as a female!

She's a girl. Haha!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2006
Chxta (my good friend),

Thanks for the three spell checks Nutter, I really deserved that, and I am truly humbled.

Yes, you did deserve it, actually. Big of you to admit that. Perhaps you can now turn your attention to more pressing matters instead of acting like the English Language Police.

I think the reference to Ojukwu in Nkem's article today should once and for all show you that Ojukwu is not the hero you claim he is. . .

You say Ojukwu is not a hero because he fled Biafra at the end of the war? OK. For me, Ojukwu is a hero. He is also just a man. He is not perfect. Therefore, I don’t agree with everything he says or does. However, bottom line is he presented an oasis of security when the Igbo were massacred all over Nigeria. He then begged the Nigerian government to do something to stop the killings. He stepped up to the plate when it mattered most. He defended his people. His exact words were: “My fellow countrymen and women, I cannot defend you where you are. But I have drawn this line in the sand. If you manage to get yourselves behind this line, what we have here, we will share with you.” He remains a hero of mine.

As for your insinuating that I am a hypocrite, once again you have shown how myopic you can be.

Thank you.

I never said I would not die for Nigeria, I said that I would have to look at the situation. There is no human on God's earth who would lay down his life when he knows that that sacrifice would not be appreciated.

I have addressed this issue. Shame you didn’t quite get it. Just today, you stated that Nigeria’s future is bright. Also, if you can start a thread in defence of Nigeria (without conditions attached), it follows therefore that you should be willing to die for her bright future as well (again, without conditions attached). Otherwise, your words are empty. That’s just the way it goes, mate. I don’t make the rules. No need to take it out on me.

You for example would not die for Biafra if you know that at the end of such a sacrifice, they would still lose the war and you would be forgotten. Before you carve a reply (which you always do anyway), think about that little statement.

I don’t think you appreciate the situation fully. Where did you get your history of the war? The people who fought and died for Biafra did not only do so because they wholly believed that the war would be won. They fought and died because it was more honourable, more dignified, than laying on their beds and waiting to be massacred. I will do the same at any time, on any day, and twice on Sundays. I’d sooner fight and make it difficult for the oppressor than present my throat for slitting without so much as a whimper. That is my position. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. It wouldn’t add or subtract anything from the measure of a man that I am.

I would sit down again and carve a more suitable response. But for now, I am a tard busy. As you very well know, I am disengaging from Itex tomorrow, so lots of papers to prepare, haven't had much time for the internet.

I had no idea you were leaving. How would I? You didn’t say. Did you get the sack? I hope it’s a move to a better place.

One more thing, I would be in Ojoto for about three days starting Sunday or Monday. You could let your Biafran hordes know my location. At least they could use me to prove that they are real men, not run to the Ivory Coast when things are getting too hot.

You flatter yourself.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2006
Giorgio:

chxta & nutter would u put a stop to all this? it is geting iritating. both of you're good examples of what everyone says is d problem with igbo people. excessive egos. this spat b/w u both should have ended long ago.

Easy, Giorgio. That stereotypical path you are going down comes, inevitably, with tons of bother.

Why worry about us, anyway? Chxta and I have a deep understanding – despite our diametrically opposed politics. Not so, Chxta? Mate?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Giorgio: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2006
just stop slinging urselves across dis forum. doesn't help. u r both too smart for that.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2006
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by menike(m): 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2006
Seun (m)
Ogun State, Nigeria

Re: Can You Die For Nigeria?
« #6 on: 22-07-2006, 21:50:25 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't really understand why people claim to want to die for Nigeria.

The only person worth dying for is someone who would gladly die for you. There is no country that will agree to be destroyed to save the life of an individual, therefore there's no country worth dying for. If Bush won't die for America, why should you want to die for Nigeria? If you love Nigeria so much, then live for Nigeria!

Se also 'What Can You Die For?' and 'Would You Die For Your Lover'?

************************************************************************************************

Now that statement above was from Seun :

But I tottaly disagree ; I'm American ok but wit my Mom bein' Nigerian, I wud die for my Country be it USA or Nigerian. I call it Patriotic , Y'all cud call it anytin' but I wud be happy to know I died while I was tryin' to save a family or anybody. In that case, Your life wud be acknowledged by everybody that remembers YOU AS A SAVIOUR .

But Like I said it's called Patriotism , If Nigeria wudn't die fo' me , Then that's their Business
IT'S ACTUALLY A PERSONAL OPINION, SO Y'ALL CUD HAVE Y'ALL OPINIONS
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2006
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by classiqkid(f): 12:26am On Jul 28, 2006
Hell naw! Mo sorry ju laye!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by segedoo(m): 6:15am On Jul 29, 2006
laye!!
that means ne'er !
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2006
i would never die for Nigeria just like that. The sacrifice has to be something that would be deeply appreciated.
even then, i can't imagine myself laying down my life for this awkward entity we call a country.
I , however, am not a coward. In case naija become embroiled in a war, i would gladly enlist, knowing as i did so that death for my country is a very possible outcome,
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by humpzz: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2006
[/color][color=#990000]
Seriouslyh there is nothing the nigerian gov't has done nothing for me so what is the use cry lipsrsealed embarassed tongue
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Giorgio: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2006
ask not what ur country can do 4 u
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by beelyjay45(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2006
Well after reading various replies n i started thinkin can i die for Nigeria? for what now? what has nigeria done for me and my generation for me to die for her, men I feel my generation is the most cheated generation in Nigeria. Nigeria that can not even give me Light for a whole day! Nigeria that can't even give me a sound education! nigeria that does not have the respect of south_africa that we spear headed her liberation from apertheid! south-africa can't even respect my passport! men if i shld let my feelins rule my judgement i would rather die for any other country than Niger! but my sixth sense is tellin me that If I can't defend Nigeria which is my Identity, My soccer crazy Niger! Which team I gop suppot for nation cup! which player i go boast of say na niger Omo my fellow Nairalanders at home and in Diaspora I go defend niger with the last drop of blood in me.
cheesy cheesy
How many country u fit go embezzle money and u still dey enjoy am Niger! grin grin grin grin
How many countries u fit dey hala police man and nothing go happen Niger! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Men am 100% percent Niger! o and i go die for am OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by superman(m): 1:15am On Aug 18, 2006
yes this superman is down with u baby!

beelyjay45 nollywood baby!

god bless one nigeria! we are out
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Orikinla(m): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2006
Dear Nairalandians,
As much as my conscience knows that most of you are not ready to die for Nigeria, may I invite you to join the fearless Hafsat Abiola, daughter of the martyr of June 12 MKO Abiola who died for Nigeria, in our live brain storming session on dropping knowledge.

Moderating the Table of Free Voices: Hafsat Abiola and Willem Dafoe will lead question-answer-marathon.

The leading artist Robbie Conal contributes his work to dropping knowledge.

For more information please go to http://www.droppingknowledge.org/bin/dk?ph=home
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ladykool(f): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2006
in my dreams will i die for nigeria! never ever will i even think of that die for nigeria! why wont obasanjo or anybody else die for me is me that would die for them! i cant do it neither thinking of it!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by stanech: 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2006
My brother If Na dream somebody tell me to die for this country, if I wake up I go visit my pastor because this our Nigeria no reach to die for at all, As I dey now I fit even die for America self because na them go value am pass
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by imageman(m): 1:38am On Sep 10, 2006
Would i die for Nigeria Let those people that are looting our money die for her first,then i will make up my mind.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sammyjl(f): 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2007
No
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by McKren(m): 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2007
may be in future but surely not now cos there is no basis for it.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by molasco(m): 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2007
If you die for Nigeria, you are OYO( On your Own). Sam Okparaji died for Nigeria, nobody remembers him today.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by superman(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2007
sorri superman remember him sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Shocking Confessions From Ex-boko Haram Who Converted To Christian. Alleged Ibb Is The Major Sponsor / Challenges Of Leadership In Nigeria: A Review By Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu / EndSARS: Lagos To Release 253 People Arrested In Connection To Lagos Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.