Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,032 members, 7,856,130 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

My Religion Crisis - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Religion Crisis (864 Views)

7 Reasons Why Test Of Sexual Capability Before Marriage Leads To Marital Crisis / She Want To Marry Me And She Said I Should Change My Religion?advice Please / Help Please(she Can't Marry Me 'cus Of My Religion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Religion Crisis by Emuejev: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2008
Nairalanders my boyfriend is a muslim,am a christian, Classic religion story but Honestly i think he is the one for me but I cant convert, neither wud he. We are thinking of leaving things that way, but still i really dont know if its worth it dumping someone for religion basis, someone you can definitely see in your future.?
Re: My Religion Crisis by chika98: 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2008
Is your family going to accept him? If you think they will then cool if not you know what to do.
Re: My Religion Crisis by poshangel: 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2008
is it her family that will live with him. emuejev, all i can tell u is that it takes more than love to sustain a marriage.
Re: My Religion Crisis by Macteejay2(m): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2008
Sometimes you face stiff opposition whenever you want to do somethings that are rare done. My dear it takes more that love. We are talking about your future here and you cannot afford to toy with it. How sure are u that after few years into the marriage, he will not take a second wife?
Evaluate his level of sincerity and besides does he have a good plans for you. Don't get carried away by the love both of you have for each other? May God see u thru.
Re: My Religion Crisis by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 20, 2008
Emuejev:

Nairalanders my boyfriend is a muslim,am a christian, Classic religion story but Honestly i think he is the one for me but I can't convert, neither would he. We are thinking of leaving things that way, but still i really don't know if its worth it dumping someone for religion basis, someone you can definitely see in your future.?

If you are a real christian, then your mission in his life will be to convert him. Dont say he 'cant' convert. If really God meant you to be his wife, he'll give you the grace to win his soul. Remember there's no connection between light and darkness.
Re: My Religion Crisis by ojeys(m): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2008
be sure of the future to be carried away by fantasies or rather emosions, no problems with religion but future conflicts from family members and the position of your children be considered pls. be wise in your decisioins
Re: My Religion Crisis by richo(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2008
if i wake up and marry a female babalawo mamalawo, is it ma mum that will live with the witch?
just do what u think is right so incase of future problems u have ur self to blame!! but also put ur parents advise into consideration
Re: My Religion Crisis by Nautillus(m): 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2008
Emuejevoke(if thats your full name)

Trust me, it never works ok. . . . you will always. . .ALWAYS confuse your kids . . .haba . . . .haven't you heard that you shouldn't be UNEVENLY YOKED? ? ? ? ?
Re: My Religion Crisis by meexteriox(m): 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2008
@POSTER
Believe me it won't work, especially if he's from a strong muslim family background.
I've seen such crash like a pack of card. Religion is a major factor in any marriage.
It could make or mar even the children life style.

But in all the last decision rest with you and your boyfriend. What does he really
think about this whole fuss? Since you can't convert him and he can't convert you.

Think before you leap, marriage is deeper than you can imagine. It's a lifetime
committment.
Re: My Religion Crisis by Emuejev: 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2008
Well i am not so into the whole religion thing, grew up in a family where we are literally forced to do all night all the time, anyways we agreed on him having his children to his own religion, but all the same it still sucks that one of my most compatible bfs is muslim.
Re: My Religion Crisis by kokoye(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2008
All might seem well now, but when you do get married and start having kids - that's when the real challenge starts. How will you teach your children to pray, what religious gatherings will they be attending? If you decided you're going to be doing both at the sametime (encouraging the kids to practise both Xtianity and Islam), you'll be screwing up their mentality and thereby getting them the more confused about their parents' orientation.

, except both of you dont really care about ur religion, but I think you do, that's why you are here.

Good luck.
Re: My Religion Crisis by Tgirl4real(f): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2008
It all depends your depth in your christian faith. If u are truly born again then it is wrong for you to marry a muslim. But, if are just a christian by birth/church goer then u can consider marrying him if u feel he is d right one for you. smiley
Re: My Religion Crisis by ogeooo: 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2008
My dear u have to open your eyes, dont be carried away of wot you are seeing now, no Love is parmenet expect the Love of God in our life, one day the love will fade away, bear it at the back of ur mind that no marriage is a bed of roses. my advice to u now dont marriage him, it is not the will of God in your as a christian, becos the bible says that we should be of equal yoke with unbeliever, as far as I am concerned the muslim are unbeleivers. Shine ur eyes. Be Informed!!! Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Religion Crisis by Emuejev: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2008
Well if we do get married, the kids wud be his.
Muslims arent unbelievers, they just dont believe in everything Christians do. Am a very open person to religion, my prev bf was a grail messenger.
Even for Christians, love can fade away and children can get confused, but for an inter marriage the risk of confusion might be high. am not confused about him, just wondered how my folks wud react and all that. Wat is the possibility of finding a 10/10 elsewhere. It is tiring bein in the world of dating
Re: My Religion Crisis by kwenu: 11:27pm On Oct 20, 2008
As a woman Your wish should be his command but as a christian talk to the Lord about him surely he s more interested in a lost sheep
Re: My Religion Crisis by ikare(m): 3:48am On Oct 22, 2008
Don't do it. It is not what both of u can handle
Re: My Religion Crisis by egokanwa(f): 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2008
[tr]Well if we do get married, the kids would be his.
Muslims arent unbelievers, they just don't believe in everything Christians do. Am a very open person to religion, my prev boyfriend was a grail messenger.
Even for Christians, love can fade away and children can get confused, but for an inter marriage the risk of confusion might be high. am not confused about him, just wondered how my folks would react and all that. what is the possibility of finding a 10/10 elsewhere. It is tiring bein in the world of dating[/tr]

I dont really feel u needed suggestions from Nairalanders because you have already made up your mind on what u want to do. Just do as your mind tells you. Good Luck

(1) (Reply)

Can Your Daughter Marry A Foreigner? / Husband Sends Assasin To Kill Wife In Kaduna / Open Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.