Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola (43452 Views)

Omojuwa Mocks Fayose For Travelling To China(photos) / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast / Patience Jonathan Calls For Peace In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
No. He doesnt have to be addressed as a gentleman. But it was not a good look calling him a crazy man on live TV!
Think... Think outside of the fu..cking box!
Guy, where I think is so far away from your fvcking box. My thinking does not even involve boxes. But I am happy The President conveyed the minds of most Nigerians to the Liberians. Yes, he must be feeling the heat because the FG fvcked up as well, hence his anger. It is no different from George Bush referring to Osama as evil and comparing him to Hitler and Lenin.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Fourwinds: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
adorable29: What politics does to people! Please look for something else to play your political games with. Bashing the president for not being proactive in tackling this ebola issue makes sense but wanting to show your stupidity cos the president addressed a wicked heartless evil man who for what ever reason decides to put the lives of millions of Nigerians at risk as "crazy" is just annoying!

Go to the family of the poor doctor who has lost her life doing her duty and repeat what you just posted. Don't forget to tell them to "respect" Patrick Sawyer.....

Na only the "crazy" dey pain una abi!

Btw, he has to be psychologically impaired for him to have done what he did. So "crazy" in this aspect is not an insult but a reality. A truth. Patrick Sawyer was insane.
excellent comment. d family of d nurse dat lost her life I wonder what dis pple dat are blaming GEJ will say in order to console dem . Mr Sawyer knew his sickness and yet he came
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by emiaserere(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ebola is another (biological) weapon the threatened western worlds have conceived and actualized to reduce the un-abatedly growing population of Africa. This they have planned ahead thus, made ready the cure for the dreaded virus, for themselves. One of the confirmatory episodes is their blunt refusal to give us the antidote. I know our god is ever faithful and he shall ALL accordingly; he shall never fail as he has promised, to prevent every form of pestilence or Egyptian ailments/diseases/infections to come nigh our dwelling places. Sawyer has made himself available for the dastardly act (inhumanity against humanity), an agent of the devil someone may insinuate. This is one major reason we should all move closer to god.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by virago(f): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tittos: . Obama has used the F word more than twice. The first was when he was referring to the Bp Oil spill. George Bush has used so many profound words. Richard Nixon still has the title of highest profound words ever used by a president. Prince Charles once insulted a journalist in front of a bunch of camera men including CNN. Please do a proper research before coming here to us America or any western country for purpose of comparing. Our presidents exhibit more professional decorum when speaking in public and that still hasn't made the country better. The real problem with Nigeria is when people like you leave the real issues affecting the country and start distracting us with unnecessary ones. Of all the things Gej said about ebola all you could pick up was that sawyer was crazy, which by the way was the most subtle word to use for the guy.

And in all these cases there was no backlash from the public ? No one abhorred the use of such words , probably they were given a standing ovation for saying it no holds barred , right ehn ? What isn't professional isn't professional , whether it's been done by Nigerians or Americans

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Tucees(f): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
goldfish80:
Am not but am better than your entire clan and kinsmen.
Mteewz talk better thing abeg angry entire clan ko gbogbo clan ni.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by englishmart(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
priscaoge: I call Sawyer a DUNCE!
was Sawyer your classmate?
If not, then how did you know he's a dunce?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Classicalman(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
HarrveySpecter: I am just watching channels news and the president was meeting with governors and in his speech where he was giving a brief history on how ebola came to Nigeria. He said, "sawyer after going to his sisters burial and participated in one way or the other, contacted the disease. He was advised to stay but the "crazy man" (with using his hand as gesture) refuse to listen."

Something in that line.

How can a president talk like this on national TV for the love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgGCXVUrEU

Source: Channels news
Because the man is crazy ni!

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
It may just be despair and not being crazy.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by englishmart(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
goldfish80:
Burger off my mentions you plank!
it's okay man
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by ElFenomeno1: 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
logica: Guy, where I think is so far away from your fvcking box. My thinking does not even involve boxes. But I am happy The President conveyed the minds of most Nigerians to the Liberians. Yes, he must be feeling the heat because the FG fvcked up as well, hence his anger. It is no different from George Bush referring to Osama as evil and comparing him to Hitler and Lenin.

And it doesnt make it right.... Whether it is Bush, Jonathan or Obama... It doesnt make it the right thing to do.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

And it doesnt make it right.... Whether it is Bush, Jonathan or Obama... It doesnt make it the right thing to do.
Who defines right or wrong here? This is a gray area. What Sawyer did could have led to a major diplomatic row between the 2 countries; he being a government official. Do you know that calls even came in from their embassy telling the medical crew tending to him to let him continue on to Calabar as he had an important message to deliver or something along the lines? Could that message be the Ebola payload he was carrying? grin My guy, this is a gray area as emotions are high. There is no other way of describing what the man did, other than crazy.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Jobig(m): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
He was on terror mission,but God pass America
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
IYANGBALI: it belittles his office as the president of Nigeria

Well..sometimes the emotional being in us take control over us....one single individual exposing 160million people to such danger is potentially catastrophic
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by OCHULORC(m): 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
HarrveySpecter: Little wonder Nigeria is in the state it is. The way Nigerians celebrate mediocre, is just unbelievable. What happens to being professional and using professional terms?
We all know what Obama must have thought of Osama, but we don't see obama calling him names in public? Putin get America/obama for mind, but he doesn't call them/him names in public.
Besides the man is deceased, he deserves a little bit of respect.
shaaaatap!!! The guy is more than crazy.. I guess he wanted to break record even in death..
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by femmy2010(m): 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
IYANGBALI: hell no he got it wrong,he is the president and not a motor park tout

He is only but human thus can say things out of annoyance.
It has been said ,life still goes on.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Was patrick swayer crazy? I don't thinks so... I think he was in denial. He just did not want to accept the fact that he might have contracted the ebola disease.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
teeowl: Was patrick swayer crazy? I don't thinks so... I think he was in denial. He just did not want to accept the fact that he might have contracted the ebola disease.
He was in denial his sister had Ebola. He misbehaved when her diagnosis came in.
He was in denial when asked if he had been in contact with anybody sick with Ebola as he lied; he claimed he hadn't been.
He was in denial when he was diagnosed with Ebola.

How far will his denial go? That denial in itself is an indication of his mental state.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ranchhoddas: so what you are saying is that anybody that wants to go into government should study law.It's really funny how dolts like you believe they have the right to say thrash about Nigeria because they grew up in the US.You should be quarantined.American ideals indeed.

What was incorrect or "trash" about what I said. Tell me why someone should study zoology to pursue a career in government?

I know it's the trend to hate Americans on Nairaland, but please say something sensible.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by nijanigga: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
ilugunboy: Yes I agreed with the President wholeheartedly.....the moddafuckkeer is worse than a crazy man.
A fool will be looking for excuse when confronted with challenges,instead of calling names,it's a challenge to our arm chaired scientist, bring out your work in form or vaccines, not nonsense bitter kola and salt killing the ignorant. Only God knows how everybody to pass on .
Sawyer deserve some respect. Nigerians as usual like medicine after death. Instead of busy looting, know how to get proactive. When Ebola broke out in W/A I was worried with Nigeria, we're are never proactive until it's late.If Sawyer know we was going to die of Ebola, he will prevent it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by wazobiaN9(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
HarrveySpecter: Little wonder Nigeria is in the state it is. The way Nigerians celebrate mediocre, is just unbelievable. What happens to being professional and using professional terms?
We all know what Obama must have thought of Osama, but we don't see obama calling him names in public? Putin get America/obama for mind, but he doesn't call them/him names in public.

So once any body is deceased we should give them some respect abi??

Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin laden, the Zodiac killer and Anini, that are all deceased should be given some respect ehn??!!!

The President also alluded to people like you, as being crazy.

I oppose GEJ most times, but I'm with him on this one.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
AncientJerk:

pls sharrap der young lady. what are you talking about?

political activism is not about endlessly picking invisible faults with the government just to prove that some random point.

everyone knows the government is corrupt, everyone knows the government is ineffective but everyone also has enough good sense and judgement to know that on this Ebola thing the government could not have prevented it from entering into Nigeria in the way that it did.

what is the ministry of health supposed to do, set up an Ebola screening post somewhere up in the sky?
in what way have the immigration officials messed up? please explain...

ridiculous

im as much pro political change as any one out there but with the way you reason you ought to be forced to take a class in logic.

people are just annoying me today

I feel sorry for you. How did the countries DIRECTLY bordering the affected countries manage to keep the disease out? Magic, I suppose. No government policies and interdepartmental communication.

When I enter Nigeria, I literally just pick up my bags and walk out of the door. That's not the way it is supposed to be.

Look at the way you are arguing. Nigerians have so much pride and arrogance. Any criticism is suddenly a do or die affair.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by deletrue: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
so na Sawye die na him pain you pass others wey don die abi.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by priscaoge(f): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
englishmart: was Sawyer your classmate?
If not, then how did you know he's a dunce?
Common sense is free,he should Have made use of his!
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
nijanigga:
A fool will be looking for excuse when confronted with challenges,instead of calling names,it's a challenge to our arm chaired scientist, bring out your work in form or vaccines, not nonsense bitter kola and salt killing the ignorant. Only God knows how everybody to pass on .
Sawyer deserve some respect. Nigerians as usual like medicine after death. Instead of busy looting, know how to get proactive. When Ebola broke out in W/A I was worried with Nigeria, we're are never proactive until it's late.If Sawyer know we was going to die of Ebola, he will prevent it.

Tell me which country is totally immuned from this virus...

I agreed we should have done more in term of being proactive...but how do you view the action of a man that acted the way Sawyerr acted.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by OCcool: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
goldfish80: Am ashamed of the president's utterances. His language lacks candor. He's the President of Nigeria not president of Ariaria market traders association.
SHUT UP!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Dexema(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
What's d argument about? We all know sawyer is a sick deranged crazy modaf..er,he knowingly came to spread the virus and even urinated on those attendin to him causing the death of one of them. Indeed he's crazy why do you fink the liberian govt tendered an apology?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by deletrue: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
parklamson: Poor representation what do u expect from a drunker called GEJ. He's drunk
an indication of low family upbringing.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
annoymous: thats so frigging disappointing, reckless and unprofessional. Now I see why doctors and nurses that insult patients get away with it. and those of you with him on this are morons.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
deucelaw: I thought I was the only one that noticed the presidents choice of words. I don't think its right for the president to speak like that in public no matter what...
IYANGBALI: it belittles his office as the president of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by finditng: 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
Is sowyer really crazy or its the nigerian authorities that are crazy....ebola allert had been up since february...what stops the nigerian government from putting checks in place at all border points withthe affected countries?...very silly bunch...crazy or not...you protect your house.....sowyer isdead now...who's got all the headaches? WE!....nigerian authorities should take responsibility for their negligence...how could we have been so easily penetrated....am totally ashamed of the nigrian authorities

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Embarrassing. No wonder that "presidential chat" earlier this year was so heavily managed and controlled. His handlers are aware of the way he speaks.

And even with all the management, he still gave us "America will know"
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Jivi: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Your Father. no be only deceased

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Bola Ige's Murder: Omisore Replies Soyinka, 'Ask your cousin, OBJ' / Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria / "If President Buhari Doesn't Win 2019 Election I Will Kill Myself" - Man (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.