Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,151 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! - Foreign Affairs (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! (78224 Views)

Who Hasn't Heard About This Thing Going On In Uganda? See What 2 Girls Are Doing / Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) / Pictures Of London Riot Looters! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:
Accepted but it doesn't change the reality on ground. A cop approaches an African, the probability that he will not obey instructions and provoke the officer is less than 1%. On the other hand, for an AA, the probability that he will try to fight the officer and get shot is 90%.

I think that has more to do with the African America privilege that comes with living where you call your country. Africans on the other hand are immigrants and they don't have the same privilege. So if an AA decides to stand his/her ground, to defend his/her right based on the law of the land - I honestly don't see anything wrong with that in a civilised society where every citizen should be equal, regardless of race, colour, or creed.

The police need to do their jobs and stop targeting and harassing black folks indiscriminately. Fighting crime is what they're paid to do, and the society, including AAs pay their wages.

Anyway, I think this female professor might be Nigerian American based on her last name(not sure), but she was also a victim of police brutality:

ASU professor be brutalized by cops

On May 20, an Arizona State University professor, Ersula Ore, was walking along a road in the direction of traffic when she was confronted by campus police. She was detained and asked to show ID; during the stop, she repeatedly requested that the police officer speak to her in a more respectful tone. We know this because the entire incident — including what transpires next — was captured on police dash-cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2lIgBfJZ4

http://reappropriate.co/?p=6043

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
CFCfan:

It's so sad. Part of the problem could be the discriminatory policies being used by some banks. For eg, at the height of the great recession, it was established that some of the financial institutions offered higher interest rates to ethnic minorities seeking to buy a home, than for Caucasians.

Dont let ebola read this ....the dude Will say you are making up excuses, tille date BA pay higher mortgage rates, investment banks aint helping,them the right way, and with the scarcity of employments, they can not build good credit
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by junglej: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=EbolaParasite]

You are misquided. You statistics is skewed. Most of the so-called AA you are talking about do not even KNOW SLAVES WERE SOLD. Yes some of the well-aware educated ones are, but MAJORITY do not give a damn.[/quote

U must be a youngin,majoriity of African Americans who watched the movies roots on HBO in 1988 would differ with what u just said, or how the blacks (both Americans and Africans) worked hand in hand to protest the beating of Rodney King by Policemen. I will not say more, but also go and research the huge number of blacks who line up to take Africans as a langauge in colleges, or even the true story and history of Quanza holiday

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
CFCfan:

It's so sad. Part of the problem could be the discriminatory policies being used by some banks. For eg, at the height of the great recession, it was established that some of the financial institutions offered higher interest rates to ethnic minorities seeking to buy a home, than for Caucasians.

Madness!
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
Anacksunamun: Please y'all should ignore that vaucous troglodyte and insecured fuckwit called Badboy25. He's a nonentity!!
Gbam.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: dont you think they react that way in sign of protes t , they have been victimized a lot, in fact it is not only BA doing that, most americans regardless the race are fighting back the police/law enforcemnts who are simply savages in uniforms, a doc about it was aired on CNN last week...

How do you think africans started fighting colonialism? We sucked it up then boom

Yes but what is that saying.......you can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.......
Do they need to fight the police? Haven't you seen people who behave politely to the Police and record their actions on hidden cams. Why be provocative when you know the person you are getting at - a police officer - has a gun that can kill you? (unless you are carrying a gun yourself)
This is what we call ignorance. You will never find the educated ones doing things like this. The educated ones know their way to a lawyers office.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
Lucasbalo: You get that right. He was at soldier field about a month ago with Beyoncé, my wife and my girls paid about $500 . I don't want to make a big fuss of it because the girls love Beyoncé. Guess how much of that is going to Live Nation ?. 60,000 seats stadium sold out.

Lmao...you just made Live Nation richer.

That's why I don't pay for none of this shiit anymore.

I download all my shiit for free.

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=junglej][/quote]

You failed to include the part where the so-called Blacks you are praising also used the Rodney King saga to LOOT and destroy properties!
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Dont let ebola read this ....the dude Will say you are making up excuses, tille date BA pay higher mortgage rates, investment banks aint helping,them the right way, a[b]nd with the scarcity of employments, they can not build good credit[/b]

maybe you should also include the ones that have 10 kids with 10 baby mommas. the ones that do absolutely nothing and receive government pay checks every month, food stamps etc. Lets not be one-sided okay. lets look at everything.

All what you posted up there are all EXCUSES. The same America that you claim will not give them low mortgage rates or jobs is the same one that AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS will come into and within 3-5 years possess all the things you claim the AA's can't get. Are Africans not BLACK as well. That's a question you need to ask yourself.

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:

maybe you should also include the ones that have 10 kids with 10 baby mommas. the ones that do absolutely nothing and receive government pay checks every month, food stamps etc. Lets not be one-sided okay. lets look at everything.

All what you posted up there are all EXCUSES. The same America that you claim will not give them low mortgage rates or jobs is the same one that AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS will come into and within 3-5 years possess all the things you claim the AA's can't get. Are Africans not BLACK as well. That's a question you need to ask yourself.

At the bold - I believe you can draw a correlation with that from how Lebanese and Indian folks go to Africa, and end up being more successful than majority of African there. It comes with the territory.

When you're at home and in your comfort zone, the way your survival mechanism works will be different from someone who's an immigrant. You can't use that as a yardstick to judge what the system is and the flaws within the system.

3 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nihilist:

You should take your own advice.

This was the original post:

Poster said she had heard the boy was a gang member but was reserving her judgement until she knew all the facts

This was your response:

One person decided to wait for all the facts to emerge before making an informed judgement. The other made an uninformed judgement based on LOOKS and an impending college admission

Can you honestly tell us who the dolt is here?

Hah, thanks cheesy
I don't think he read past the first sentence tbh.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by godsI(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why pose that question to Nigerians? I thought Nigeria is the only place where ethno-religious riot is witnessed, nay? U.S, i surposed(from what folks over there post here wherever the issue of any form of violence comes up in Nigeria), was the empire of democracy where no form of undemocratic tendency exist, nay? Where then is the freedom they(U.S govt) preach? I wonder where else the home of right should be sought since the sanctimonious U.S has faultered. If a Nigerian soldier is reported by some APC newspaper to have shot a Boko Haram on the drive, U.S will stretch its holy head and call Nigerian democracy to question. And some addled Nigerians who know nothing but how to click gibberish on their gadgets about their own leaders should hide in shame. U.S Govt is the Universal Problem! Her downfall is 'Human Freedom'.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Sweetlemon(f): 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:

I just prepared edikang ikong soup. Come and have some for this post.

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex:

At the bold - I believe you can draw a correlation with that from how Lebanese and Indian folks go to Africa, and end up being more successful than majority of African there. It comes with the territory.

When you're at home and in your comfort zone, the way your survival mechanism works will be different from someone who's an immigrant. You can't use that as a yardstick to judge what the system is and the flaws within the system.

You have a point but this is slightly different. AA and Africans are both blacks and both have been suppressed/cheated as history as shown us.
The lebanese and indians coming to Nigeria would be better correlated with the British/Swiss/Americans doing business in Nigeria.

When you apply for a loan in America and state your ethnicity, you are Black. With the exception of the actual loan interview AA and Africans are subjected to the same scrutiny so why do Africans get these loans? Maybe because the Africans are more determined and not because of the system?
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I just prepared edikang ikong soup. Come and have some for this post.

Thank you. Chei. Salivating already. Dancing skelewu. Only problem is, i need to find my protective suit so i won't infect you. wink
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
Atmmachine: What i tell my black friends here in America is
#Don't insult a cop
#Don't resist arrest
#Always record your encounter with the cops for court purposes
There is still 80% racism in America

I hate whites

whatever u said is just the same as naija police..lol
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Bunchersstab(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
khiaa:

Hi Daddy!! I'm fine, miles and miles away in good ole California. How are you today? cheesy
Darlyn am fine, i pray the cops handle the situation amicably.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Subom1(f): 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
I fail to understand how a community like Ferguson Missouri can afford to arm it's police department like a military force and how the tax payers of the community allow the police force to be so ridiculously decked out.

The killing of a unarmed citizen by police followed by this display of police paramilitary force is both tragic and farcical. 

The photographs make it apparent these officer have no firearms discipline and need to be called back in to their stations stripped of their paramilitary gear, assault rifles any other equipment including their armored vehicles and sent back out into the streets to enforce the law in Blue uniforms and regular side arms and equipment.

Officers pointing fully automatic weapons at citizens protesting peacefully in the streets is not appropriate or acceptable.

The speed at which this event has boiled over would indicate a long running dislike on both sides.

Employing the same police force that is responsible for the death of the victim to suppress the "protest" has, and will, fan the flames...

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by godsI(m): 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Omexonomy: Let the riot continue joor american is too peacful for sometime.
You must be a novice in the field of American current affairs dude! 'Occupy protest' was strangulated by the American Govt. Controlled media. They are Hypocrites! There is always conflict, both manufactured and natural, but the news hardly come outside, do they not possess the technology to twist any move to expose their evil act by their acclaimed free masses. I love Nigeria! Goodluck all the way!
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:
You have a point but this is slightly different. AA and Africans are both blacks and both have been suppressed/cheated as history as shown us.
The lebanese and indians coming to Nigeria would be better correlated with the British/Swiss/Americans doing business in Nigeria.

When you apply for a loan in America and state your ethnicity, you are Black. With the exception of the actual loan interview AA and Africans are subjected to the same scrutiny so why do Africans get these loans? Maybe because the Africans are more determined and not because of the system?

Nah, I'm actually alluded to Lebanese and Indian immigrants in Africa who went to the continent, with absolutely nothing, and ended up building empires there. You can't correlate that with British/Swiss/Americans whose only interest in Africa is for business purpose.

Also, based on success metrics - are Africans in America more successful than African Americans? - absolutely not. Not even in academics. And definitely not in business and all other facets of American society.

I think the only reason why folks are always quick to pick out their deficiencies is because they're a group living in a place, and you can see the good, bad, and ugly about them easily. The same way you will be able to point out the good, bad, and ugly about Africa, if you're to look at Africans as a group. Evidently, you need to understand that they're in their country - and a lot of them are going to be poor, dirty, and uneducated - just as they have got a lot of achievers. And they have been systematically programmed to be that way for a long time.

If Africans were so great, how come they aren't as successful as Jewish, German, and Irish Americans? Heck, I'd wager that Latino and Asian immigrants are far more successful than African immigrants in America, based on the metrics I have seen. And these folks are also minorities.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by pickabeau1: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
You are comparing apples to oranges

Immigrants are not representative of the whole black population

You should compare your sample with the guys in naija who live in the slums of ajegunle

Subom1..the police were given military weapons from excess defense spending so police departments upgraded their arsenal

It's a legacy from drug fights of the 80s and post911 where police were deemed to be be first responders in a terrorist attack

EbolaParasite:

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by 190theclown: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
sandijey:

You are so right. And the worse part is that this blacks do not even strive harder to make something outta their lives. Not sure bur I can bet that most blacks u see in schools or working hard in u.s or Europe came from Africa or second or third generations of Africans who have imbibed the culture of working hard from their parents. You should see d way the black Americans give birth to children anyhow, have different baby mamas as if it's a trophy, not to talk of the drugs. Its almost the same thing in africa. Giving birth to children we cannot take care of. If we say the system is bad, how about people like Oprah Winfrey. Naomi Campbell. Etc. The only honourable thing u see blacks doing is sports. Music has become so dishonourable considering drugs and prostitution. Not saying the whites are perfect. But they have made the society suit their supremacy. They will continue to rule and treat blacks anyhow till we have another martin Luther King. I don't no the kind of spirit that governed that man but he was different. What is stopping this blacks from going to schools, or colleges. Becoming scientist too and inventing things? Must we always switch on our tvs and see white people doing this and that. White people hair. White people this white people that. Why won't Africans bleach. Why must they always want to make quick money. What's the difference between the black Americans who do drugs and the yahoo boys here. It's all about quick money. How about bringing down syndrome. If u no how the blacks abroad look at the Africans. I'd hate them. Many of them don't care about Africa. When my sister calls home she gives me stories of the kind of questions black Americans ask her about Africa. Imagine one asking her how she got to America and if there are airplanes. My sister being who she is said she swam through the Atlantic ocean for 7 days non stop. Another one asked her if we have cars, skyscrapers and if there are monkeys on the street. Imagine the nonsense coming from a black American. Here in africa nko, see as south Africa they vex say we overtake their white economy. In Nigeria nko, tribal issues here and there. Can africa ever stand for one thing?

Honestly nothing different from a black man in Yankee or Europe to the one in africa. The environment is just different. The same stories, the same problems. All I no is nobody can dominate u, or look down on you if u do not give them reasons to. Africans need to awake.

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Bunchersstab(m): 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
khiaa:

I'm in California and we are divorced.
Baby, your ex chucky234 did something i would share with you later.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex:

Nah, I'm actually alluded to Lebanese and Indian immigrant in Africa who went to the continent, with absolutely nothing, and ended up building empires there. You can't correlate that with British/Swiss/Americans whose only interest in Africa is for business purpose.

Also, based on success metrics - are Africans in America more successful than African Americans? - absolutely not. Not even in academics. And definitely not in business and all other facets of American society.

I think the only reason why folks are always quick to pick out their deficiencies is because they're a group living in a place, and you can see the good, bad, and ugly about them easily. The same way you will be able to point out the good, bad, and ugly about Africa, if you're to look at Africans as a group. Evidently, you need to understand that they're in their country - and a lot of them are going to be poor, dirty, and uneducated - just as they have got a lot of achievers. And they have been systematically programmed to be that way for a long time.

If Africans were so great, how come they aren't as successful as Jewish, German, and Irish Americans? Heck, I'd wager that Latino and Asian immigrants are more successful than African immigrants in America, based on the metrics I have seen. And these folks are also minorities.

All of the influential Lebanese and Indians we have in Nigeria today did not come from nothing. They had connections and used the corrupt system to build on that. Mention ONE lebanese or indian that came to Nigeria with NOTHING and is largely successful today.

With regards to the statement in bold. You are so WRONG. WHEN IT COMES to ACADEMICS, YES AFRICANS ARE MORE SUCCESSFUL than AA's.
With regards to Business, we will have to use ratios and percentages because AA's outnumber Africans by a huge margin so the comparison will be baseless. Let's just do it anyway - You will realize that 80% of the modern day Africans have some college degree while the same can not be said of AA's. The number for AA's is closer to 20% so where did you get your "they are better academically from"

4 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by dhaewood(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
grayht: No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. hating people because of there colour is wrong. its just plain wrong!!!
hmmmmm
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
BanditC:

Complete bullcrap.

America ranks as one of the most violent countries in the world. Almost on the same ranking as Colombia, Mexico and Pakistan.

The least provocation can get you killed either with hands or weapons. They are too emotional and violent.

In all my days in Europe, I never saw a gun fight or plain sight murder. Hell even the occasional fisticuffs we see at the streets or at the discos are mostly instigated by citizens with foreign backgrounds.

I remember a certain night club in Germany that almost all Germans and other reasonable foreigners stopped going to because American soldiers turned it into their personal fighting cage every Friday, ruining other peoples' fun.

Europe is still the least violent continent in the world with much higher standard of living than the US.

No matter how grave a crime is, European police would always handle the perpetrator with the utmost respect according to their laws and they are rarely emotional and full of ego problem like American police.

Even during a regular brawl, they would show up, break the fight, talk to the people involved, get their information and move on. The rest would be handled by sending letters making invitations to the station which most times could be months after the incident. They rarely make arrests except in instances of grievous bodily harm or if they suspect that the perpetrator would elope.

Europeans are the most law abiding people I have met in the world whether as police, authority or citizens so your little braggadocio about US being better is complete, unadulterated nonsense.

you are correct. Police rarely carry guns in Europe except at airports but in North America, even some security guards at malls carry guns.i watched a documentary not long ago where it was mentioned that he crime committed in New York alone in a day is more than the crime committed in one year in Canada.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1: You are comparing apples to oranges

Immigrants are not representative of the whole black population

You should compare your sample with the guys in naija who live in the slums of ajegunle

Subom1..the police were given military weapons from excess defense spending so police departments upgraded their arsenal

It's a legacy from drug fights of the 80s and post911 where police were deemed to be be first responders in a terrorist attack

Rephrase your post. I don't see how it applies to my comment?
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by chucky234(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
Bunchersstab: Baby, your ex chucky234 did something i would share with you later.
Too bad Khiaa still loves me even though she pretend not to.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Sweetlemon(f): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Thank you. Chei. Salivating already. Dancing skelewu. Only problem is, i need to find my protective suit so i won't infect you. wink

Lol.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by pickabeau1: 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Rephrase your post. I don't see how it applies to my comment?

Let me simplify it for you
You r comparing african immigrants who are mostly tertiary graduates with some sort of support system to those who may not have

You should compare those in the projects to those in ajegunle
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by raphy(m): 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
i have read the story about the killing the police that shot the young man was very wrong
obama or the missouri govnor need to step into this or else it will go barsack embarassed
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by MAURI: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
This is complete bullshit, you are completely ignorant about the plight of African Americans.

It is the same African Americans that fought and broke the brutal force of Slavery, Racism, segregations, Jim crow etc. It is the same African americans that produced people like Martin Luther king which made US a place many blacks could immigrate to, it is the same African americans that suffered all the harsh history and discrimination, a thing you only read in books and make conclusion from, do not be this naive, without African Americans, you might not be able to immigrate to America today.

The system has been designed to keep this people down, although few will break away from this chain, but a huge amount will still be trapped into it. In US, African Americans can be found in all sphere of profession, just like their white counterpart. They have contributed their own quota in invention, civilization and the advancement of America, get your act right before you spill this rubbish on a public forum.

Yes, we have all been & are still victims of the system, (all blacks in diaspora) but having acknowledge this though, we can still operate within the system in a way that we can cultivate DECENT & RESPECTABLE lives for ourselves. A whole community and future generations succumbing to crack & substance abuse, resorting to crimes and violence against your own (gangs) is not the way to go / break the vicious circle. We all have one thing in common, we have all been hurt and we still get hurt daily, but the difference is, we do have a choice as to how we react. Responding in the usual predictable manner only makes us easy preys / targets.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (39) (Reply)

US "Doomsday" Plane Sent With Biden To Europe (Pics) / Iran Warns 'war With Israel Has Already Begun ( Pics) / 2000-Year-Old Coffin Made Of Stone Discovered In Egypt, See Reactions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.