Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,132 members, 7,849,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! - Foreign Affairs (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! (78161 Views)

Who Hasn't Heard About This Thing Going On In Uganda? See What 2 Girls Are Doing / Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) / Pictures Of London Riot Looters! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex:

Bruv, that's why we're messed because our economics is messed up. We make other people rich, for peanuts in return - while our own communities are messed up. Heck, black folks don't even patronise black businesses. For every dollar those black sportsmen and music artists make - someone is making hundred times the same money off their backs, without sweating at all. That's why a lot of them always go broke after a few years. Black people don't own anything!

I rate the few black CEOs. The likes of Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson - those who understand the economics.

Where are the businesses To patronize? undecided
Then you have the sellouts
Then you have the get rich quick,
Then you have the racist policies and ethnic bias, most banks dont give loans To black

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Fulaman198(m): 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
junglej:

Kai!!! You are definately watching a whole lot of TV, Jay Z is not the most popular hubby (plus his wife, couple). Its show business. He is not even among the 10 richest. People need their dramma so they can make money. And talking about basketbal players (NBA, NFL, baseball league, NHL etc) they provide entertainment and get paid a lot cos of what they make ROI for their owners and the league. And they also make good nes beat, Kobi Brayant wife issues, Micheal Vick's animal betting etc. You need to know what u are talking about before sqooring all this

Yeah the richest black American right now is Dr. Dre
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
___
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Sweetlemon(f): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Encourage what.. platitudes..

We are talkig of the hard cold reality here.. people being killed for nothing other than the colour of their skin

So if you acknowlege that racism exists, why is it difficult for you t understand the consequences of that racism

Donald Sterling a white billionaire denied housing to blacks not because of they could not pay but just their skin

Are you aware

Racism exists today. Yes. But not in the cold way you guys make it look like.

What am I trying to preach here? We are no longer in the era where your talents or CV will be rejected just because of your colour.
Work hard, be where you should be at the right time, move with the right people and don't break laws. Then watch yourself attain any heights you so desire.

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by aaidel(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nihilist: I don't see African Americans having solidarity with Africans on the continent during our numerous troubles though...

So why should I care?

abeg tell them they like to shout they are from africa but look down on africans
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sweetlemon:

What am I trying to preach here? We are no longer in the era where your talents or CV will be rejected just because of your colour.
Work hard, be where you should be at the right time, move with the right people and don't break laws. Then watch yourself attain any heights you so desire.
Check out colorism
And wake up from your slumber grin

4 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by pickabeau1: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
undecided undecided
BadBoy25: do I look like I give 2 fvcks about your thoughts ? I'm not trying to please anyone.

Sweetlemon:

Not in which way?

You are not aware of the picture

Let me take one dimension

Public schools are funded by taxes which is linked to the status of the area
Blacks are a victim of poverty inducing policies.. when they even want to leave to a better area, people like Sterling deny the hardworking blacks accomodation. The resultant spiral into crime leads to more govt abandonment and depression in real estate prices
Taxes drop.. schools are defunded.. students do poorly in the standardized tests... more poverty

Are you seeing the picture now...

You cannot divorce the effects of 300 years of slavery in 50 years

Open your eyes

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Fulaman198(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Not true about any country in the Western world

Most to all forms when filing a job in a country like the United States claim "they are an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on a basis of gender, ethnicity, race, or religion"

If that was true, why is that statement there? It's a very self-contradicting statement. Even on American forms when filing for a job, they want to know what ethnicity you are (black/afr-american, white, Asian (then they list several Asian groups), Hispanic, etc.)

5 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
aaidel:

abeg tell them they like to shout they are from africa but look down on africans
it is not Like we have any Power anyway,
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Anacksunamun: 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex:

Bruv, that's why we're messed because our economics is messed up. We make other people rich, for peanuts in return - while our own communities are messed up. Heck, black folks don't even patronise black businesses. For every dollar those black sportsmen and music artists make - someone is making hundred times the same money off their backs, without sweating at all. That's why a lot of them always go broke after a few years. Black people don't own anything!

I rate the few black CEOs. The likes of Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson - those who understand the economics.
pickabeau1:

Encourage what.. platitudes..

We are talkig of the hard cold reality here.. people being killed for nothing other than the colour of their skin

So if you acknowlege that racism exists, why is it difficult for you t understand the consequences of that racism

Donald Sterling a white billionaire denied housing to blacks not because of they could not pay but just their skin

Are you aware

My Black brothers making so much sense. If only some people could assimilate these sermons. If only..
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Anacksunamun: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
junglej:

Kai!!! You are definately watching a whole lot of TV, Jay Z is not the most popular hubby (plus his wife, couple). Its show business. He is not even among the 10 richest. People need their dramma so they can make money. And talking about basketbal players (NBA, NFL, baseball league, NHL etc) they provide entertainment and get paid a lot cos of what they make ROI for their owners and the league. And they also make good nes beat, Kobi Brayant wife issues, Micheal Vick's animal betting etc. You need to know what u are talking about before sqooring all this
Sweetlemon, is he also a pessimist like myself? gringrin

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Here he goes again! The Mr know it all! If Jay Z's talent is not noticed, wahala. It's because he's black. Now that his noticed and nearly worshipped, it's still a problem. I asked earlier, is there a law stopping blacks from running their own clubs or managing their own artistes? I need a yes or no answer pls or just shut the fvck up!

Well, MrKnowitall isn't on the thread. And he hasn't been posting that much of late since I G-checked him. But I'll let him know that you've got a crush on him, when I see him around these sides. grin

I've got nothing but all the respect in the world for Jay Z. I'm proud of him. However, I've got a problem with you making him and basketball players the poster-child for black success, when they're just employees. In as much as Jigga does own a few things, his biggest cash-cow is Live Nation - and he doesn't own the company. He's just a mere appendage to the white guy who owns it, based on the 360 deal he signed with the company.

Anyway, the question is: can they allow blacks dominate the ownership of their own culture or things that are predominantly black? That's where institutionalised racism comes into play. A lot of black people tried to buy LA Clippers, but they never sold it to them - another white guy bought it. J.prince, Suge Knight, and Damon Dash tried to form a super-group in the 90s, and form a big record company to gain ownership of how rap albums were distributed and sold - but that was off the table before they started, when FBI got on their case.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Sweetlemon(f): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Check out colorism
And wake up from your slumber grin

Fulaman198:
Not true about any country in the Western world
Most to all forms when filing a job in a country like the United States claim "they are an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on a basis of gender, ethnicity, race, or religion"
If that was true, why is that statement there? It's a very self-contradicting statement. Even on American forms when filing for a job, they want to know what ethnicity you are (black/afr-american, white, Asian (then they list several Asian groups), Hispanic, etc.)

There is only so much I can do to make you guys see why you need to release yourselves from your mental chains.
I'm tired of this self-hating thread.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Anacksunamun: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Please y'all should ignore that vaucous troglodyte and insecured fuckwit called Badboy25. He's a nonentity!!

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sweetlemon:

There is only so much I can do to make you guys see why you need to release yourselves from your mental chains.
I'm tired of this self-hating thread.

Cheers!

There is nothing worse than a black person living a denial

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Then you have the racist policies and ethnic bias, most banks dont give loans To black

Bwahahaha at the bold - even the corner shops and liquor stores are owned by Asians.

Asians and white people also own all the companies selling weaves, wigs, and lace-front to black women! grin

We created urban culture, yet we don't own the companies making urban clothing that most people wear today.

We're just being ra.ped by basically everyone like useful idi.ots.

6 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
____
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by aaidel(m): 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: it is not Like we have any Power anyway,
even if we do trust me they don't see us as equals to them
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

A lot of what you say is not necessarily true my friend.

I schooled in the United States for 5 years, police officers do things like shoot people unprovoked. Exactly what did Amadou Diallo do to get shot 48 times? What have a lot of these blacks who get shot in America do? Nothing! There are some black people out there who LOVE to defend the racism propagated by White racist police officers onto blacks and these are some of the worst black people in the world.

It's a matter of picking on the weak. In America, blacks have 0 power. Obama does not count since he truly is not black (he is 50% black and 50% white) but you see how the racist American system labels him as black due to what they call the "one drop rule" If you are even 1/20th black they still label you as black in the United States.

I have met a sheer amount of African Americans. Only two of them have showed any kind of disdain towards me. The others were very intrigued by the fact that I'm African. Don't generalise all Afr. Americans into one ethnic group because the majority of them do not behave in the manner that the white racist Western media portrays.

Ask yourself one very important question. Why don't we get the same "Police officer shoots "unprovoked" black man" incidences with Africans in America. Why is it mostly African Americans. Are Africans not black also? By the way, i am not sold on your "unprovoked" claims. Everyone knows the cops are looking for an opportunity to unleash on you. "Most" of these Black victims are not the saints you paint them out to be.

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
aaidel:
even if we do trust me they don't see us as equals to them
who cares? They are @ the bottom of the social ladder/food chain, they are only deceiving themselves...but that was not my point, i,meant, we aint going To sanction the USA or stop doing biz with them.so African are pretty much useless in this situation.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex:

Bwahahaha at the bold - even the corner shops and liquor stores are owned by Asians.

Asians and white people also own all the companies selling weaves, wigs, and lace-front to black women! grin

We created urban culture, yet we don't own the companies making urban clothing that most people wear today.

Sad....
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Ask yourself one very important question. Why don't we get the same "Police officer shoots "unprovoked" black man" incidences with Africans in America. Why is it mostly African Americans. Are Africans not black also? By the way, i am not sold on your "unprovoked" claims. Everyone knows the cops are looking for an opportunity to unleash on you. "Most" of these Black victims are not the saints you paint them out to be.

Well, they make up about 14% of the population and that's about 43 million. And I doubt the total number of Africans in America is up to 5 million. I guess that's why they're disproportionately represented, just as in other facets of America.

Amadou Diallo was shot in the Bronx. And I think there have been cases of Africans who have also been victims of police brutality.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by junglej: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: it is not Like we have any Power anyway,

You must have not studied African American history in college. The truth is that the African Americans deep inside, love blacks (u need to be very close to them to notice), but are very upset thate they were sold as slaves to the caucasians. Majority will give anything to switch places with Africans. That is why most of them are looking for a belonging (some say they are from Ethopia, some Ghana, some Nigeria). They want their heritage, something to call theirs. They do not believe they are Americans, but humans traded from Africa
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Absolute nonsense. This is the most ignorant statement ever made online. I hate it when i hear such statements. The same way you will claim white people don't give jobs to blacks yet you go to Engineering schools in the US and you wont find a single black kid in the graduating class. If you find, it's either an African or a black kid who has African parents. Stop with the ignorant excuses and get working. Banks give loans to millions of black people everyday all day. The people that don't get the loans do not get them because they ARE NOT QUALIFIED.

You want to get a business loan, yet you don't have a job or collateral, you owe child support, you're a convict, you have 7 kids from 7 different kids, your credit score is lower than 500, you put on baggy jeans and mohawk to the loan interview...................after all this you will still open your mouth saying they don't want to give you a loan...NONSENSE

3 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
junglej:

You must have not studied African American history in college. The truth is that the African Americans deep inside, love blacks (u need to be very close to them to notice), but are very upset thate they were sold as slaves to the caucasians. Majority will give anything to switch places with Africans. That is why most of them are looking for a belonging (some say they are from Ethopia, some Ghana, some Nigeria). They want their heritage, something to call theirs. They do not believe they are Americans, but humans traded from Africa

You are misquided. You statistics is skewed. Most of the so-called AA you are talking about do not even KNOW SLAVES WERE SOLD. Yes some of the well-aware educated ones are, but MAJORITY do not give a damn.

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
junglej:

i have not, but did you actually read the comment i was replying To?

I know BA deep inside them envy &admire us,,thats why they start hating..so that we become cultureless & with no identity Like them....plus they were kidnapped, the theory of the trade is a western tale

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by EbolaParasite: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, they make up about 14% of the population and that's about 43 million. And I doubt the total number of Africans in America is up to 5 million. I guess that's why they're disproportionately represented, just as in other facets of America.

Amadou Diallo was shot in the Bronx. And I think there have been cases of Africans who have also been victims of police brutality.

Accepted but it doesn't change the reality on ground. A cop approaches an African, the probability that he will not obey instructions and provoke the officer is less than 1%. On the other hand, for an AA, the probability that he will try to fight the officer and get shot is 90%.

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Absolute nonsense. This is the most ignorant statement ever made online. I hate it when i hear such statements. The same way you will claim white people don't give jobs to blacks yet you go to Engineering schools in the US and you wont find a single black kid in the graduating class. If you find, it's either an African or a black kid who has African parents. Stop with the ignorant excuses and get working. Banks give loans to millions of black people everyday all day. The people that don't get the loans do not get them because they ARE NOT QUALIFIED.

You want to get a business loan, yet you don't have a job or collateral, you owe child support, you're a convict, you have 7 kids from 7 different kids, your credit score is lower than 500, you put on baggy jeans and mohawk to the loan interview...................after all this you will still open your mouth saying they don't want to give you a loan...NONSENSE

Im African thats first,of voice

Second of voice you CAN Google it yourself ..im not making any excuse for t hem, just speaking the truth
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex:

It's so sad. Part of the problem could be the discriminatory policies being used by some banks. For eg, at the height of the great recession, it was established that some of the financial institutions offered higher interest rates to ethnic minorities seeking to buy a home, than for Caucasians.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex: For those who don't understand how Jay Z's Live Nation deal works: it means till 2018, for every dollar Jay Z makes, Live Nation is going to get a big percentage off that - with some white Jewish guy sitting somewhere laughing to the bank, while Jay Z travels everywhere touring and making albums. And he basically makes more money off Jay Z than Mr. Carter himself.

You can't hate on the Jews for that!
You get that right. He was at soldier field about a month ago with Beyoncé, my wife and my girls paid about $500 . I don't want to make a big fuss of it because the girls love Beyoncé. Guess how much of that is going to Live Nation ?. 60,000 seats stadium sold out.
Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Accepted but it doesn't change the reality on ground. A cop approaches an African, the probability that he will not obey instructions and provoke the officer is less than 1%. On the other hand, for an AA, the probability that he will try to fight the officer and get shot is 90%.
dont you think they react that way in sign of protes t , they have been victimized a lot, in fact it is not only BA doing that, most americans regardless the race are fighting back the police/law enforcemnts who are simply savages in uniforms, a doc about it was aired on CNN last week...

How do you think africans started fighting colonialism? We sucked it up then boom

1 Like

Re: There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
CFCfan:

It's so sad. Part of the problem could be the discriminatory policies being used by some banks. For eg, at the height of the great recession, it was established that some of the financial institutions offered higher interest rates to ethnic minorities seeking to buy a home, than for Caucasians.
They are still doing it today under the disguise of credit ratings.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (39) (Reply)

Iran Warns 'war With Israel Has Already Begun ( Pics) / US "Doomsday" Plane Sent With Biden To Europe (Pics) / Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.