Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49699 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
1. What is the colour of your brain ?
2. When do you think you will die ?
3. When was the last tym you had sex ?
4. Whats the name of ur grand father brother ?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
presley64:

over sabi,it could b a typo error
who are yuu?
y yu quote me...... i forgive yuu......no do am again oooo grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Elythron16zero4: 12:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Freest: Just to add my own experience...
Went for an interview in a coy, and the interviewer, a middle aged man sitting directly in front of me. After asking me personal questions, he asked if i was good with some computer packages, C++, autocad, Cnna, and the likes of which i said No. Then he took me to a very beautiful office, well furnished, internet supported and all the likes, and told me, this is your office (see ghost pimples for my body), then he went on, being that you have no idea about this computer packages, we will teach you for the next one year, and after which we will ascertain your improvement, then we know what to do from there. But for this period, you will receive no pay from us. He then went further to ask; Is that ok by you? (In my mind, wtf* how can that be ok by me?) Ofcourse i never went back(though regreted my actions later).
Thanks
very sorry but that was the last interview that would have sealed that job for you. He merely wants to test your tolerance level. no company will engage you 4 1year without pay as an applicant

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ladej(m): 12:55am On Aug 20, 2014
My conclusion is that most naija interviewers are thoroughly unprofessional

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by toygod2: 2:26am On Aug 20, 2014
lol
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by SenatorJames(m): 3:37am On Aug 20, 2014
krazydave: Lolz.... Uhm... Wired questions......

After i told the guy, that i just left school few weeks back, and he jokingly called me a 'fresher'.....

Few minutes later he was asking if i had 5years experience for the job, and i was like.... WtF!!!??
You would have said yes, my 5years of studying in the university, because I dont know what else his expecting you to say.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by SenatorJames(m): 3:54am On Aug 20, 2014
chyna4luv: and she has indirectly assured me that I would work in her department and that before I leave, I would use her PC to do a little calculation for her using MS Excel. I began to happy in my mind and thanking GOD internally.
But something happened along the scenerio, hmmm. Wait a minute! she said! In laughter and joking mood she asked, Where would you see yourself in five years time?
'CHAI! NA HERE YAWA COM GAS.' Instead of me to say something in accordance or inline with her department, since she has indirectly assured me to work in her department as a Teller, I began to say rubbish. The interviewer's mood changed. In a frown face, she now asked me to go without typing again.
At this point, I knew that I have failed.After two weeks they contacted those that passed for an induction and didn't contact me. Suppossing I got that job,honestly I will be influencing my boss easily based on my chat with her, Lol.

Hope we all have learnt something from my weirdest interview questions? If you do, kindly click "LIKE".
But you could help other prospective interviewees here, by stating what your response to the question was in detail, since this is a faceless forum, where nobody knows anyone. Thanks.

As per the like, I will like your post when you share your success testimony here, wishing you a successful career.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by presley64(m): 6:43am On Aug 20, 2014
lildrop: who are yuu?
y yu quote me...... i forgive yuu......no do am again oooo grin

u no get choice
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2014
AgapeCharis: nt at all!
Buh u remind me of ma nysc days

"MY MAN"→Igbo guys like to call person like dt tin eernn

You just confessed the truth! grin cheesy- They are very friendly. Remember, no tribal/ racist will call you "my man"

I know the big problem with Igbo, it's not tribalism. undecided
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Seriously I presumed some naija interviewer are unprofessional...
Mine happened @KPMG...
Asking on a scale of 0-100,rate yourself on integrity....
My answer...100
Na so the woman vex say which kind 100 Ooº°˚˚°o ...
Never hear from KPMG since July wehhhhh...

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
MrT2011:

You just confessed the truth! grin cheesy- They are very friendly. Remember, no tribal/ racist will call you "my man"

I know the big problem with Igbo, it's not tribalism. undecided

Tribalism it is.....if nt den what is it

Dey ll call u my man bt in dia minds dey ll say see dx mumu
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
adeoti01: Seriously I presumed some naija interviewer are unprofessional...
Mine happened @KPMG...
Asking on a scale of 0-100,rate yourself on integrity....
My answer...100
Na so the woman vex say which kind 100 Ooº°˚˚°o ...
Never hear from KPMG since July wehhhhh...
but how could you rate yourself 100??

80 or 70 would hv been good..no one is perfect

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by abbie4eva(m): 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
fatdon2: Name 5 uses of a stapler
without staple pins.
to break ur head for asking me dis stupid questn sir...lol

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mekyno(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
Oxone: Here's a thread worth bookmarking

Mine was a couple of months after service and that was my second interview. I was so jittery because i was desperate for the job.

The interview panel was made up of a number of my peers and there was a pretty lady in the group. Everything was going well until i was asked how much i would want as my take home pay. i gave the usual "pay me the standard rate" reply. I didn't want to commit to a particular figure because i didn't want to short change myself by mentioning a low figure as there seem more to the company than meet the eye.

The lady now asked if i would accept 15k as salary and i pointed out to her that a 15k salary was a joke in Abj in 2011 and wouldn't even meet my basic needs. she then told me that there are ladies who take home pay was 15k in Abj.

*At this point i should have politely stuck to my gun & kept my mouth shut but the next few minutes was like an out of body experience for me. my brain shut down and my mouth took over, i watched myself from afar blow my chances of getting a job with that firm with the things i said.*

I Agreed with her that some ladies taking home 15k a month but pointed out to her that ladies don't always spend their money & have other ways of getting money. The group became animated and wanted to know how. That's when i finished the job with a list that includes money from admirers, dates and all. I cringed with each word but couldn't stop myself. The look on their faces especially that of the lady's when i was done told me all i needed to know. I knew i wasn't going to be called back ever. There are just somethings you don't say. I guess that daily 5 mins of madness chose that moment to manifest in the worst possible way.

Till date, i still can't explain what happened or what took over me because I'm not usually a chauvinistic Prick. it was all so surreal

dont u tink it waz ur uncle in d village or ur neighbour, who got a signal of ur intended success n decide to tune u to 'off ur talking guard channel'?......lol
sory, dear.....its a bitter pill bt u really learnt alot.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
AgapeCharis: Tribalism it is.....if nt den what is it

Dey ll call u my man bt in dia minds dey ll say see dx mumu

grin cheesy grin cheesy wink cheesy
Am coming..., lemme finish laughing.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
MrT2011:

grin cheesy grin cheesy wink cheesy
Am coming..., lemme finish laughing.
ok i dey wait u...lol
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by jydolism: 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
chyna4luv: and she has indirectly assured me that I would work in her department and that before I leave, I would use her PC to do a little calculation for her using MS Excel. I began to happy in my mind and thanking GOD internally.
But something happened along the scenerio, hmmm. Wait a minute! she said! In laughter and joking mood she asked, Where would you see yourself in five years time?
'CHAI! NA HERE YAWA COM GAS.' Instead of me to say something in accordance or inline with her department, since she has indirectly assured me to work in her department as a Teller, I began to say rubbish. The interviewer's mood changed. In a frown face, she now asked me to go without typing again.
At this point, I knew that I have failed.After two weeks they contacted those that passed for an induction and didn't contact me. Suppossing I got that job,honestly I will be influencing my boss easily based on my chat with her, Lol.

Hope we all have learnt something from my weirdest interview questions? If you do, kindly click "LIKE".

So what was the rubbish you said you started saying?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by jydolism: 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
chyna4luv:

Okay Sir.
Wow! I love this maturity displayed. He was right tho!
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Ishilove: 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Oxone: Here's a thread worth bookmarking

Mine was a couple of months after service and that was my second interview. I was so jittery because i was desperate for the job.

The interview panel was made up of a number of my peers and there was a pretty lady in the group. Everything was going well until i was asked how much i would want as my take home pay. i gave the usual "pay me the standard rate" reply. I didn't want to commit to a particular figure because i didn't want to short change myself by mentioning a low figure as there seem more to the company than meet the eye.

The lady now asked if i would accept 15k as salary and i pointed out to her that a 15k salary was a joke in Abj in 2011 and wouldn't even meet my basic needs. she then told me that there are ladies who take home pay was 15k in Abj.

*At this point i should have politely stuck to my gun & kept my mouth shut but the next few minutes was like an out of body experience for me. my brain shut down and my mouth took over, i watched myself from afar blow my chances of getting a job with that firm with the things i said.*

I Agreed with her that some ladies taking home 15k a month but pointed out to her that ladies don't always spend their money & have other ways of getting money. The group became animated and wanted to know how. That's when i finished the job with a list that includes money from admirers, dates and all. I cringed with each word but couldn't stop myself. The look on their faces especially that of the lady's when i was done told me all i needed to know. I knew i wasn't going to be called back ever. There are just somethings you don't say. I guess that daily 5 mins of madness chose that moment to manifest in the worst possible way.

Till date, i still can't explain what happened or what took over me because I'm not usually a chauvinistic Prick. it was all so surreal

Na ya village pipo cause am. Your village Gandalf chose that day to fan his biabia with ya picture tongue grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
AgapeCharis: ok i dey wait u...lol

To avoid derailing this topic; Meet me on a related topic:

Here is one of my comment on the...

Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Re: Southerners Be Wise And Stop The Hate-the-igbo Syndrome. by MrT2011(m): 8:02pm

I don't even blame the North.

The Southerners are slow poke

The yoloba are the remote device of the North.

The multiple ethnicity of the So Called Niger Delta created to completely divid the old Eastern Nigeria, makes them bunch of confused and over selfish set of people.

The poor Igbo are just tired of the comedy and horror in the forced marriage of Nigeria.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by chukaericnjoku(m): 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
On board 1st nite bus heading to Owerri.. Leggo try our luck out.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Gbajabiamila1: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
abbie4eva: to break ur head for asking me dis stupid questn sir...lol
Cool reply. Wish you're the interviewer.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by martinoonline(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
Never learnt so much from a thread. Never laughed so hard reading NL comments. So informative a thread, can't even believe I read all pages....thanks OP, thanks Commenters.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KillerBeauty(f): 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
martinoonline:
Never learnt so much from a thread. Never laughed so hard reading NL comments. So informative a thread, can't even believe I read all pages....thanks OP, thanks Commenters.
smiley

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by vickysmilez(f): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
I was told abt a job and was given a phone no to call the manager, I did and was asked to come for an interview immediately. I got there, sat down nd he started with telln me abt d kind of pple dey work with, (governors, senators, etc) The 1st questn he asked was that; if I am sent to one of these pple to close a deal worth millions and inside d office, he asks me to strip, what will I do. I was dumbfounded!!!
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by bigcil2(m): 2:00am On Oct 05, 2014
i love this thread, learned alot and had enough to laugh about, esp. If you were an animal who would you be? That was funny. I had an interview at a firm in VI, First met a lady that interviewed me, passed me on to the MD, pretty lady she looked like ex. Gf.. Back to it, I was asked two questions,
where I reside and how long i wanted to work, my ansa was i am willing to relocate to lagos from abeokuta, and am willing to work for as long as possible.. I wasnt given the job, END OF STORY
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 5:23am On Oct 11, 2014
grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by olasquare22: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
As for me, I am a Management graduate. In the course of my introduction during an interview with a commercial bank, I purported to possess numerate skills, not knowing that my interviewer is an engineering graduate, the questions were:
8^2/3?
what is d formulae for a sum of GP?
Formulae for 2nd order derivative?
formulae for inverse of a matrix?
what is the most interesting thing about a balance sheet?
structure of a balance sheet?

4days later I got my success mail, thereafter i got subsequent mails for medicals and invitation to training school, but didn't spend a month after the training b4 my resignation.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KillerBeauty(f): 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
Great times

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 06, 2014
vickysmilez:
I was told abt a job and was given a phone no to call the manager, I did and was asked to come for an interview immediately. I got there, sat down nd he started with telln me abt d kind of pple dey work with, (governors, senators, etc) The 1st questn he asked was that; if I am sent to one of these pple to close a deal worth millions and inside d office, he asks me to strip, what will I do. I was dumbfounded!!!
weird! Did u gt d job?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by chukaericnjoku(m): 7:20am On Dec 27, 2014
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by PRIXPAL(f): 1:45pm On May 07, 2015
Weird indeed

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Offers Job Vacancy At Mavins Records / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.