Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49709 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KillerBeauty(f): 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Last month i went to an interview in one small company for a office secretary position. After the interviewer finished asking me the normal introduction questions, he then asked me if I was a christian. I said yes I am. He asked me if my parents are christians? I said yes they are. He asked for how long have I been a christian? I told him since I was born I ve always being a christian. Then he asked if my parents have ever worshipped juju? The questions where so strange and funny that I just smiled and told him no sir my family have always been a christian family. He asked are you sure?

I just looked at the man and said yes sir am sure. And then he said ok, the interview is over and I should go to the next office for a typing practical test.

At the end of the day, I asked myself what kind of interview is that? What prompted the man to start asking me such weird questions.

Anyway, at the end of it all I was not given the job. So guys what's the weirdest question an interviewer have ever asked you?

26 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by krazydave(m): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lolz.... Uhm... Wired questions......

After i told the guy, that i just left school few weeks back, and he jokingly called me a 'fresher'.....

Few minutes later he was asking if i had 5years experience for the job, and i was like.... WtF!!!??

194 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by stellayt(f): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
Really weird...mine was crazy ...cos I had passed all necessary stages from test to interview etc...now I finally met with the MD for a chat, his first word to me was your location is far from the office... How will I cope angry

I was totally amused shocked and gave him reasons why it wouldn't be an issue....
Anyway to cut the long story short... His Secretary gave me an envelope which I did not open till when I got home...tot it was my appointment letter...
Instead it was fee fair back home2k.
I never heard from them ever since. undecided

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
I was asked by my interviewers ( 2 female young women with horrible attitudes) my position in my family. Then they ask me what I weigh Like that had anything to do with the job description??!!

38 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Uniquexty(f): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
"Who do you know?" It took me a lot of time to process that I was being asked Who my referees were.

45 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by tolutweety(m): 2:53am On Aug 17, 2014
Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

161 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by chyna4luv: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
@Uniquexty]
I am moved by your write up to tell my own weirdest interview question too so that people can learn because I have learnt something in this your little write up.

It goes this way...I was called for an interview with a cool bank for the post of a Transaction Officer. I have started sweating already due to the distance to the bank and I was caught by traffic. I got there successfully. we were about 20 interviewees. Let me go straight to the point. My own interview began this way....May I meet you? Your work experience? I was sweating because I am nervous(my first experience) Are you hot? I smiled and said YES! she quickly put on the AC,in that process i regained my confidence. Tell me about your position in your family? Your dad,mum and siblings' occupation? What is your proficiency in MS office suit? Why should I hire you? Have you stolen before?
Infact, I answered very well because she was taking my records and was very happy with the way I comported myself.

To be continued in the next page..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by chyna4luv: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
and she has indirectly assured me that I would work in her department and that before I leave, I would use her PC to do a little calculation for her using MS Excel. I began to happy in my mind and thanking GOD internally.
But something happened along the scenerio, hmmm. Wait a minute! she said! In laughter and joking mood she asked, Where would you see yourself in five years time?
'CHAI! NA HERE YAWA COM GAS.' Instead of me to say something in accordance or inline with her department, since she has indirectly assured me to work in her department as a Teller, I began to say rubbish. The interviewer's mood changed. In a frown face, she now asked me to go without typing again.
At this point, I knew that I have failed.After two weeks they contacted those that passed for an induction and didn't contact me. Suppossing I got that job,honestly I will be influencing my boss easily based on my chat with her, Lol.

Hope we all have learnt something from my weirdest interview questions? If you do, kindly click "LIKE".

114 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by davide470(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
2 funny interviews by different firms in the Capital Market.

The first one:
•The President of Russia went to China during the Russian - Ukraine Crisis for a particular reason, what was it? (In my mind, I was saying: Shey I resemble Russian Citizen)

•The strength of Obama's foreign policy was focused on which areas (Errm)..

The Second one:
•if Total calls you now to resume since you did internship with them, and we have given you an offer, would you go? (I smiled, and said Sir, won't you go?.. The man laughed and said Interesting)

•Who's the Vice President of Ghana (who cares)

Well, I got one of the offers smiley The main thing is Understand your Interviewer before responding.

60 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by phetty(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
davide470: 2 funny interviews by different firms in the Capital Market.

The first one:
•The President of Russia went to China during the Russian - Ukraine Crisis for a particular reason, what was it? (In my mind, I was saying: Shey I resemble Russian Citizen)

The Second one:
•if Total calls you now to resume since you did internship with them, and we have given you an offer, would you go? (I smiled, and said Sir, won't you go?.. The man laughed and said Interesting)

Well, I got one of the offers smiley The main thing is Understand your Interviewer before responding.

You got the second offer I suppose?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by tolutweety(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
davide470: 2 funny interviews by different firms in the Capital Market.

The first one:

The Second one:

Exactly!! understand them before responding.

Was doing a technical interview with an indigenous oil n gas servicing coy and the interviewer looked at my cv and said :
Ohh you had a contract with EXXON Mobil, if they call you to come start work, will you go??
For my mind, I told myself... So if they call u sef,u won't go abii.lol

16 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by masagoody(m): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
chyna4luv: and she has indirectly assured me that I would work in her department and that before I leave, I would use her PC to do a little calculation for her using MS Excel. I began to happy in my mind and thanking GOD internally.
But something happened along the scenerio, hmmm. Wait a minute! she said! In laughter and joking mood she asked, Where would you see yourself in five years time?
'CHAI! NA HERE YAWA COM GAS.' Instead of me to say something in accordance or inline with her department, since she has indirectly assured me to work in her department as a Teller, I began to say rubbish. The interviewer's mood changed. In a frown face, she now asked me to go without typing again.
At this point, I knew that I have failed.After two weeks they contacted those that passed for an induction and didn't contact me. Suppossing I got that job,honestly I will be influencing my boss easily based on my chat with her, Lol.

Hope we all have learnt something from my weirdest interview questions? If you do, kindly click "LIKE".
sure I learnt something....but am using a phone and do not know how to connect my mouse to it in other to click "LIKE".....
Meanwhile, you could do with more editing before posting if you know what I mean. Some persons may come up here and start pointing out errors, and others may want to make fun of your write up. Just remember that we learn everyday, so don't take it personal. I would also encourage you to write more. This piece can certainly be better.Cheers!

yours truly
A nairalander .

21 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by chyna4luv: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
masagoody: sure I learnt something....but am using a phone and do not know how to connect my mouse to it in other to click "LIKE".....
Meanwhile, you could do with more editing before posting if you know what I mean. Some persons may come up here and start pointing out errors, and others may want to make fun of your write up. Just remember that we learn everyday, so don't take it personal. I would also encourage you to write more. This piece can certainly be better.Cheers!

yours truly
A nairalander .

Okay Sir.

31 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Freest(m): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Just to add my own experience...
Went for an interview in a coy, and the interviewer, a middle aged man sitting directly in front of me. After asking me personal questions, he asked if i was good with some computer packages, C++, autocad, Cnna, and the likes of which i said No. Then he took me to a very beautiful office, well furnished, internet supported and all the likes, and told me, this is your office (see ghost pimples for my body), then he went on, being that you have no idea about this computer packages, we will teach you for the next one year, and after which we will ascertain your improvement, then we know what to do from there. But for this period, you will receive no pay from us. He then went further to ask; Is that ok by you? (In my mind, wtf* how can that be ok by me?) Ofcourse i never went back(though regreted my actions later).
Thanks

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
Freest: Just to add my own experience...
Went for an interview in a coy, and the interviewer, a middle aged man sitting directly in front of me. After asking me personal questions, he asked if i was good with some computer packages, C++, autocad, Cnna, and the likes of which i said No. Then he took me to a very beautiful office, well furnished, internet supported and all the likes, and told me, this is your office (see ghost pimples for my body), then he went on, being that you have no idea about this computer packages, we will teach you for the next one year, and after which we will ascertain your improvement, then we know what to do from there. But for this period, you will receive no pay from us. He then went further to ask; Is that ok by you? (In my mind, wtf* how can that be ok by me?) Ofcourse i never went back(though regreted my actions later).
Thanks
He sed they won't pay doesn't mean stipend wouldn't be attached.. No need regrettin ur actions, atleast u learnt sometin n u shared with us to learn frm it too

39 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by omanifrank(m): 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
lol, we will get back to you

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Do you suck? shocked

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
krazydave: Lolz.... Uhm... wired weird questions......

After i told the guy, that i just left school few weeks back, and he jokingly called me a 'fresher'.....

Few minutes later he was asking if i had 5years experience for the job, and i was like.... WtF!!!??
tank me later cool

8 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by andersyn: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Booked
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Bryan12(m): 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
How much would you like to be paid? I was like.gini??na so una geh money reach.

25 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by sunnywhyt(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
Reserved

Check my signature below
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Reading tru
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Rapsainot(m): 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
make I book

30 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ayusco85(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
He asked me if I ve ever travelled to the U.S? I was wondering what that has to do with the job interview? undecided

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol

Did u get the job?

4 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Freest: Just to add my own experience...
Thanks
At list u thought some lessons

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by highmey(m): 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2014

Do you smoke wee.d

And I was mute for some seconds... sad

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Homguy(m): 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.

so did you get the job? tell us so we'd know if comic answers to some questions could land a job.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Offers Job Vacancy At Mavins Records / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.