Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49729 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Ipinlaxy(m): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2014
My own interview was funny, i applied to an higher instituition at ogbomoso and have try my best studied my manual in polytechnic and when i got their could you believe he asked me about my project in school and answered, bt he look me in face and say state newton law of motion i was like wow, i answered with boldness and also said i should state 3rd law. That end of interview and have over jack.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Whizpeter(m): 11:09am On Aug 18, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

Hope you got the Job sha...
Or they playfully sent you away?
Why do Konami Spell the Names of our Super Eagles Players wrongly? Click the below link to find out...
www.nairaland.com/1792054/why-konami-spell-names-super
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by bitingcool: 11:23am On Aug 18, 2014
Thank you everyone. I learnt a lot from this post. Have a blessed day.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 18, 2014
bigsam360:
The bolded, what is the preferred answer to it?!

My first time to read all pages of a thread from one to d last(page6). Keep d comment coming Abeg cheesy

It's a moving target.

Hopefully you would have done your homework on the company and the position and know that they are looking for.

If they are looking to hire say a Pilot for a Gulfstream.

Q:Why should I hire you?

A: I believe that my 15,000 combined hours of flying in which 10,000 was in Gulfstream Bleep coupled with the fact that I was a test pilot for Gulfstream factory for X years has prepared me well for this position. I was also the executive flight manager for the shah of timbuktu.

Employers simple want the most qualified employee, that will fit in well with the existing crew and can hit the ground running. I know that's what I look for.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by kizzle4eva(m): 11:35am On Aug 18, 2014
I was asked if I had watched The Matrix. I said yes, my interviewer smiled and said welcome.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by sawhite: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol. He asked me that question, I told him truetalk , I would have loved to join the military but I've done surgical operation(s).
I don't like NPF, and there is no 'MONEY' there sef. grin

The most interesting tin abt this interview was that, the co-interviewer was a guy that bin wan date me. He didn't even do like he knows me from Adams, and was seriously firing me counter questions.
babe u fine gan oo
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by bigsam360(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
CityNG:

It's a moving target.

Hopefully you would have done your homework on the company and the position and know that they are looking for.

If they are looking to hire say a Pilot for a Gulfstream.

Q:Why should I hire you?

A: I believe that my 15,000 combined hours of flying in which 10,000 was in Gulfstream Bleep coupled with the fact that I was a test pilot for Gulfstream factory for X years has prepared me well for this position. I was also the executive flight manager for the shah of timbuktu.

Employers simple want the most qualified employee, that will fit in well with the existing crew and can hit the ground running. I know that's what I look for.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mekyno(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
Khalessi: Do you suck? shocked
you min to say, 'do you sulk?'

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
sawhite: babe u fine gan oo

Easy Tiger, she says she's married.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by maasoap(m): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Two months ago, a brother was asked by a potential employer if my brother finished his HND before going for OND.
And I asked him if slapped that employer.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by smada13(m): 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
polymathic: Names, if u mind... Know almost erryone in both dept... Altho might not rem some names, but I do knw them all

lolzz....Ok then...u should know Maupeego, Anthony, Nicholas, Aare, Tosin, Adeola, and all shaa
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by stanzo: 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
godG:

Useless without pins. BTW, never underestimates its potential as an opener.
You are one of those who damage office staplers? You would have failed the interview grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MAJOLAUTOS: 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
PapaNnamdi: lov this thread, if it had been created earlier, i would have understood some ones and twos,

was invited for an interview sometyme bac,
2months after service, so the lady looked at my Cv looked at me meanfully and asked, why did u apply for this job,
i was like ma,
she frowned even more, by now i don de sweat and fear, cos d kain security in the firm was state of the art,

she asked again, this job requires experience, and u seem to have none, why did u apply?
omo na so i confuse, my tie preventin me from swallowin spit, i just replied uncounsciouslly "ma i dont even remember when i applied for this job sef may be i made a mistake"
she looked at me, wrote sometging with red on ma Cv and said "we will get back to you"

i just walked out thinkin wen and how that stupid response came out, and why she would ask such a question, them suppose screen me out bfor interview process naa

na for inside bus on 3rd mainland bridge na im those mammy waters open my brain,
PaPaNnamdi u don fkup,
bet seriously what should be the ryt response to such question,

The response could have been: Though I do not have experience on this job, but I am very motivated to learn more and improve the skills acquired in the University if I am employed. More so I am motivated by challenges and I have great problem-solving skills. To prove this, I have done so and so certifications which has proved my technical know-how regarding this position.

Please google 100 interview questions and answers for more.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by suchislife: 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
This is very interesting n informative.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by oferefe(f): 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
chyna4luv: and she has indirectly assured me that I would work in her department and that before I leave, I would use her PC to do a little calculation for her using MS Excel. I began to happy in my mind and thanking GOD internally.
But something happened along the scenerio, hmmm. Wait a minute! she said! In laughter and joking mood she asked, Where would you see yourself in five years time?
'CHAI! NA HERE YAWA COM GAS.' Instead of me to say something in accordance or inline with her department, since she has indirectly assured me to work in her department as a Teller, I began to say rubbish. The interviewer's mood changed. In a frown face, she now asked me to go without typing again.
At this point, I knew that I have failed.After two weeks they contacted those that passed for an induction and didn't contact me. Suppossing I got that job,honestly I will be influencing my boss easily based on my chat with her, Lol.

Hope we all have learnt something from my weirdest interview questions? If you do, kindly click "LIKE".

hahahhaahha!!!!!! your story is as dumb as you are.....sorry..i couldnt help but type this, cos am irritated..gush!
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by PapaNnamdi: 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
MAJOLAUTOS:

The response could have been: Though I do not have experience on this job, but I am very motivated to learn more and improve the skills acquired in the University if I am employed. More so I am motivated by challenges and I have great problem-solving skills. To prove this, I have done so and so certifications which has proved my technical know-how regarding this position.

Please google 100 interview questions and answers for more.

thanks ama do so asap
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
smada13:

lolzz....Ok then...u should know Maupeego, Anthony, Nicholas, Aare, Tosin, Adeola, and all shaa
grin like I sed might not rem most names again.... Truth s can't rem any name again in all these dept.. Just knw them by face.. But tis all good tho
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by benswagtt(m): 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
chyna4luv: and she has indirectly assured me that I would work in her department and that before I leave, I would use her PC to do a little calculation for her using MS Excel. I began to happy in my mind and thanking GOD internally.
But something happened along the scenerio, hmmm. Wait a minute! she said! In laughter and joking mood she asked, Where would you see yourself in five years time?
'CHAI! NA HERE YAWA COM GAS.' Instead of me to say something in accordance or inline with her department, since she has indirectly assured me to work in her department as a Teller, I began to say rubbish. The interviewer's mood changed. In a frown face, she now asked me to go without typing again.
At this point, I knew that I have failed.After two weeks they contacted those that passed for an induction and didn't contact me. Suppossing I got that job,honestly I will be influencing my boss easily based on my chat with her, Lol.

Hope we all have learnt something from my weirdest interview questions? If you do, kindly click "LIKE".
dis ur english dey carry gym ooo!!!
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by amnestylaw1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Victoriousvic: Interviewer: Why did you bring your bag in with you?

Me: I'm sorry, I wasn't told not to bring it in. Please permit me to drop it outside.

Interviewer: No. I'm not saying it's wrong. Why did you bring it in?

Me: Well, I've got some important items in my bag. So, mainly for security reasons.

Interviewer: So, you don't trust the people out there right?

Me: No one can be trusted sir.

Interviewer: Do you trust me?

Me: I can't exactly say yes, cos I'm just meeting you for the first time.

Interviewer: Really? Okay, do you trust me enough to give this position to you?

Me: In that case, yes.

Interviewer: I thought you didn't trust me.

Me: I didn't mean it in that aspect sir.

Interviewer: Why do you trust me to give you this position, if you don't trust me in terms of other things?

Mhen.. I was speechless. I got the position though. grin

The Yorubas will say: "Oruko omo lo 'nro omo" Check your moniker and you'll understand why you got the job. cool

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by breathless(m): 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mine was "What Cult did you belong to in School"?

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
jobsat34:

yea yu are right, but the emphasis was laid on associating with cult..
actually a friend of mine told me that, what she actually intended to hear was how i associate with people on campus and not necessarily limited to the secret cult..

Yeah. That's what I meant when I said they may think you're not a people person.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Sylverbox(m): 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
Lovely thread packed full with experience(s)...
Mine was just a mind play. Most of these interviewers love messing with a nervous, desperate and broke dude.
I walked into the chill room, middle aged lady with a much younger man(about my age). And the silence was loud. I could tell they were psyching me up. They didn't even offer me a sit so I jst stood there trying to make meaning of nothing.
The young guy finally asked me to sit which I did. The next question was unexpected. 'How many people have you killed'? After what seemed like ages I was able to say something, anything. I told them its difficult to say exactly since killing may mean so many things. The other questions were relatively ok and non dramatic. It turned out the mean duo were just contracted to run the interview.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
amnestylaw1:

The Yorubas will say: "Oruko omo lo 'nro omo" Check your moniker and you'll understand why you got the job. cool
Hehe.. I know, right? cheesy

It wasn't exactly for a job though. Just a recruitment interview to be a member of the organisation.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
pendusky: I was asked

The man; "you studied engineering right"?

me; yes sire

The man; How do you write 4 in between 5?

me: that simple sire, [ he gave me a paper and a Biro and I wrote F(IV)E. ] that is it sire.

The man; you must be a genius. come back tomorrow for your medicals. U are truly genius

That's all and I was employed.

grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by msmon(m): 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Is one plus one equals eleven like most Nigerians use to say?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Flygerian1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ah don laff taya.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by elougo(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
can't believe I read till page 7.
nice post and great comments.
wonderful lessons learnt
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Waleskan(m): 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
lolaluv1: My interview wasnt weird so to say. Imma share for the benefit of those attending interviews.

1. When I was getting interviewed for my present job, I had to face a panel of about 5 people at the first point.

Immediately I entered, one of them was like. So you are from my old school. Great ******** . Do have a seat. You do not have any problems.

A little bit wary about being trapped into overfamiliarity, I gingerly took a seat with a polite smile and a soft Thank you.

Interviewers: Tell us about yourself.

I answered.

Interviewers: From what we can see here (brandishing my CV), you'd be of much benefit to education. Why choose us?

I answered.

Then the one from my school was like: Do you know Aluko. He is from your village. He was our SUG president back then. Very short and stubborn man.

Me: I've heard of him, sir.

The others were laughing at him saying: You were in Uni in the 80s. She just left school. Of course, She won't know him.

Before I knew it the interview ended on a very friendly note. The stern woman in the panel every interviewee had been complaining about was just staring at me. She didn't utter a word. When She spoke, it was "It's getting late".

That was How I breezed through first level.
Definitely oau, Aluko still dey skool oo, nd yes as much as I knw abt him he seems stubborn. Aw kom u didn't knw Aluko, didn't u do SSC101?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Kimmo: I'd written in my cv that I like reading, and one of the guys asked me about it.
I almost started mentioning Dale Carnegie and other motivation writers but something told me to stick to the truth.
So I said, yes, fiction mostly.
The guy just asked, "what was the name of Sirius Brown's house?

This is my second year on the job.
Edit: Someone mentioned the "where do you see yourself in five years" question. I was asked too, and I'm particularly proud of myself for the response I gave.
I gave my thinking face for a few seconds and asked "How long does it take to become First Line Manager"? Me wey I already know say na four years.

Wow wow wow, I'm particularly impressed by this response.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by smada13(m): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
polymathic: grin like I sed might not rem most names again.... Truth s can't rem any name again in all these dept.. Just knw them by face.. But tis all good tho

sure.....how is your day going
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ayokunle032(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
kissMine was lik
Am MR. Bleep nd meet MR. XYZ nd MRS. ZZZ
Then after d whole interview one of d interviewer now ask me tu mention their names, me way tension don grip me from all d big big grammar !

The second interview I went for went lik dix

Wen I got in2 d office of d HR (human resources) he asked me to av a seat, he then order for a cup of COFEE for me ,then he asked WHAT BEFOUR YOU nd I say TEA... The trick of d question is what b4r d letter U, so tank God I say T

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by olagockay(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
Kimmo: I'd written in my cv that I like reading, and one of the guys asked me about it.
I almost started mentioning Dale Carnegie and other motivation writers but something told me to stick to the truth.
So I said, yes, fiction mostly.
The guy just asked, "what was the name of Sirius Brown's house?

This is my second year on the job.
Edit: Someone mentioned the "where do you see yourself in five years" question. I was asked too, and I'm particularly proud of myself for the response I gave.
I gave my thinking face for a few seconds and asked "How long does it take to become First Line Manager"? Me wey I already know say na four years.
Sirius Brown? U mean Sirius Black #HP

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Which Federal Government Parastatal Pays Well / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.