Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49703 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Donkaz(m): 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
now this would be interesting!
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Sijo01(f): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
Question - You're a beautiful girl, how will you handle sexual harassment if it comes your way??

Answer - Sir, I so much believe the saying "If you cannot beat them, you leave them"

14 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Rilwayne001: 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
yeah
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by smudge2079(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Some interviewers can be so terribly mean atyms
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by fatdon2(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Name 5 uses of a stapler
without staple pins.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
The interviewer asked me 'Are you sure u are capable of doing this job?' and my answer was- 'u dey craze? No no no no no, e be lyk say u craze b4? Wetin be capable? I no dey capable and i come here come find job?' the lady just burst out in laughter come begin beg me say e neva reach lyk dat say no be quarrel nah question im ask me......(though nah truck driver job for one kain sachet pure water company)

44 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Icekeeng(m): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Que- What is the capital of Krygrystan?
Ans- Am i suppose to be a GPS device

16 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by koolg: 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
babeline: I was asked by my interviewers ( 2 female young women with horrible attitudes) my position in my family. I said 2nd. Then they ask what my older one does for a living (w.t.f I'm here to talk about myself not my siblings). Then they ask me what I weigh Like that had anything to do with the job description??!!

You actually need to pause and look at your own attitude because the two questions asked are absolutely normal for an interview. Except you elder one works as a laborer and you're 120kg

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by nerodenero: 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Well answered!
Sijo01: Question - You're a beautiful girl, how will you handle sexual harassment if it comes your way??

Answer - Sir, I so much believe the saying "If you cannot beat them, you leave them"
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
my weirdest interview question would be, when i went for an interview at nnpc, and i was asked if i am related to any senator or prominent politician. I simply stood up from my seat and walked out of there..

11 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Interviewer: Why did you bring your bag in with you?

Me: I'm sorry, I wasn't told not to bring it in. Please permit me to drop it outside.

Interviewer: No. I'm not saying it's wrong. Why did you bring it in?

Me: Well, I've got some important items in my bag. So, mainly for security reasons.

Interviewer: So, you don't trust the people out there right?

Me: No one can be trusted sir.

Interviewer: Do you trust me?

Me: I can't exactly say yes, cos I'm just meeting you for the first time.

Interviewer: Really? Okay, do you trust me enough to give this position to you?

Me: In that case, yes.

Interviewer: I thought you didn't trust me.

Me: I didn't mean it in that aspect sir.

Interviewer: Why do you trust me to give you this position, if you don't trust me in terms of other things?

Mhen.. I was speechless. I got the position though. grin

72 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MsNas(f): 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
polymathic: He sed they won't pay doesn't mean stipend wouldn't be attached.. No need regrettin ur actions, atleast u learnt sometin n u shared with us to learn frm it too
But bros, CCNA and C++ aren't computer packages na.

@Topic;
I dunno if this one counts, but it was a job nonethless. I was interviewing for a graduate teaching assistant job in my department and the interviewer who is also my graduate coordinator asked me to write the names of all faculty members in my department on the board. It threw me offguard and my brain went blank before I started writing after a few minutes. Lol

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Homguy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

so did you get the job? tell us so we'd know if comic answers to some questions could land a job
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Slimmos(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
Pls keep it rolling for we d undergraduate so dat we can learn more

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
ayusco85: ....

chai, you again?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Affable0709(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sorry, l am still a jambite grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by longjohnsilver: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Now this is weird for a guy doing his interview somewhere in CROSS RIVERS

52 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by pendusky(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
I was asked

The man; "you studied engineering right"?

me; yes sire

The man; How do you write 4 in between 5?

me: that simple sire, [ he gave me a paper and a Biro and I wrote F(IV)E. ] that is it sire.

The man; you must be a genius. come back tomorrow for your medicals.

That's all and I was employed.

grin

147 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Rikidony(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Andyblaze:
It was one fateful day at Boston, I went for an interview as a sales guy during my studies...the lady was very cute...

Then as I was about to sit down she said that fdjkf$vdvxdlcuifblsdvd fhjcfntioohmhnbhg

angry angry

#BITG

BUSTED ANDY THE BOOMBAgrin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by godG: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
fatdon2: Name 5 uses of a stapler
without staple pins.

Useless without pins. BTW, never underestimates its potential as an opener.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
KillerBeauty: Last month i went to an interview in one small company for a office secretary position. After the interviewer finished asking me the normal introduction questions, he then asked me if I was a christian. I said yes I am. He asked me if my parents are christians? I said yes they are. He asked for how long have I been a christian? I told him since I was born I ve always being a christian. Then he asked if my parents have ever worshipped juju? The questions where so strange and funny that I just smiled and told him no sir my family have always been a christian family. He asked are you sure?

I just looked at the man and said yes sir am sure. And then he said ok, the interview is over and I should go to the next office for a typing practical test.

At the end of the day, I asked myself what kind of interview is that? What prompted the man to start asking me such weird questions.

Anyway, at the end of it all I was not given the job. So guys what's the weirdest question an interviewer have ever asked you?

There's nothing weird about the interviewer's questions. The interviewer knows exactly what he's looking for, but apparently you don't. The truth is he has the right to ask you any question he likes.

Sometimes, it's not your answer per se but your attitude that's the focus here. Sometimes they test for how truthful a person you are. You were so eager to impress that you didn't understand, for example, that answering in the affirmative as regards being a Christian from birth reveals you don't have a good grasp of the fact that no one is ever born into a religion - especially the Christian religion.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
KillerBeauty: Last month i went to an interview in one small company for a office secretary position. After the interviewer finished asking me the normal introduction questions, he then asked me if I was a christian. I said yes I am. He asked me if my parents are christians? I said yes they are. He asked for how long have I been a christian? I told him since I was born I ve always being a christian. Then he asked if my parents have ever worshipped juju? The questions where so ..... sure. And then he said ok, the interview is over and Anyway, at the end of it all I was not given the job. So guys what's the weirdest question an interviewer have ever asked you?
e be like say na your grammar o

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by nerodenero: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
Victoriousvic: Interviewer: Why did you bring your bag in with you?
Me: I'm sorry, I wasn't told not to bring it in. Please permit me to drop it outside.
Interviewer: No. I'm not saying it's wrong. Why did you bring it in?
Me: Well, I've got some important items in my bag. So, mainly for security reasons.
Interviewer: So, you don't trust the people out there right?
Me: No one can be trusted sir.
Interviewer: Do you trust me?
Me: I can't exactly say yes, cos I'm just meeting you for the first time.
Interviewer: Really? Okay, do you trust me enough to give this position to you?
Me: In that case, yes.
Interviewer: I thought you didn't trust me.
Me: I didn't mean it in that aspect sir.
Interviewer: Why do you trust me to give you this position, if you don't trust me in terms of other things?

Mhen.. I was speechless. I got the position though. grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by dexterush(f): 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
chyna4luv:

Hope we all have learnt something from my weirdest interview questions? If you do, kindly click "LIKE".
Nice lesson learnt, but wat do u want to use the lik for?u wan use am drink garri?? undecided

18 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by godG: 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
pendusky: I was asked

The man; "you studied engineering right"?

me; yes sire

The man; How do you write 4 in between 5?

me: that simple sire, [ he gave me a paper and a Biro and I wrote F(IV)E. ] that is it sire.

The man; you must be a genius. come back tomorrow for your medicals.

That's all and I was employed.

grin

If you attended a good secondary school, answering this should never be a problem. grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by bigemmmybig(m): 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
nice one op wink

well in one of ma interviews i was also if i was a christian n for how long n i said i have always been a christian ryt frm childhood. na so d two men change face o den one of dem now said dat his pastor said u only become a true christian wen u accept Jesus, na so me sef just d nod ma head as him dey talk. at d end, i was taken round d firm to see what they had n how dey worked. after all dat, dey promised to contact me but till date i no hear from dem again o

second interview was actually goin nice until i was asked whch secondary school i attended.....d funny tin was dat my school bak den was knwn for its notorious nature. d moment dey heard d name, hmmmmm na so interview change o. dey said hope i have not com to fyt cos dats wat ma school was known for den,i said no sir....dey startd axin me questions simultaneously. do i drink? do i smoke? do i chase women? do i party? haba na so me sef tire wit dem ooooooo. at d end i went ma way n dey went theirsss

God go help us ooooooo grin

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by bidexmat(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
babeline: I was asked by my interviewers ( 2 female young women with horrible attitudes) my position in my family. I said 2nd. Then they ask what my older one does for a living (w.t.f I'm here to talk about myself not my siblings). Then they ask me what I weigh Like that had anything to do with the job description??!!
so u won't die wen they are riding on ur c*ck..it might b part of the job...jst sain

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
If you were an animal, which would you be. And I said I would be an interviewer....................................... They nearly tore my original degree certificate.

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ayusco85(m): 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Three7Ty9:

chai, you again?

Shift make I see road
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by sawhite: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
went for one interview like that, forgot to remove my blackberry frm my breast pocket,so afta all d interview questions,den came d boom shell, d nigga look @my fone knowing it was a bb he send have u upgraded it to os 10 and i was like wtf.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Offers Job Vacancy At Mavins Records / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.