Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49705 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Andyblaze: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
Rikidony:

BUSTED ANDY THE BOOMBAgrin

I go beat u ohh

take timeangry angry

#BITG
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
just passin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Amthol(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
Am actually with no formal experience but have learnt smthn

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by pendusky(m): 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
fatdon2: Name 5 uses of a stapler
without staple pins.

1 . staple remover
2 . paper weight
3 . door stop
4 . hammer
5 . Openner grin
and bonus
6: Ruler..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by mployer(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
Interviewer: what grade do you have in your certificate?

Me: second class upper division.

Interviewer: Didn't someone get first class in your department?

Me: someone did.

Interviewer: why are you not the one?

Me: ?

27 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ubiplanet(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
chukwuma101: If you were an animal, which would you be. And I said I would be an interviewer....................................... They nearly tore my original degree certificate.

Dis got me laughing hard... Choi cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by tolutweety(m): 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Homguy: so did you get the job? tell us so we'd know if comic answers to some questions could land a job

I was eventually contacted...
Unfortunately I hadn't finish youth service then,so they promised to get back to me when I'm through to schedule my medicals.
Except if they call tomorrow....
i have since moved on.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Aitee1: 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Funny but in a way u were right, u displayed confident and boldness with such
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mutuwa(m): 10:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
What is your name
My name is John Brown..
What is brown about john?
Some silence followed..

4 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
I was insult bcus I dnt have third name
Jst Ajibade Joseph,d man ask again do you've any relative in Lagos and I said No...
See mr ajibade joseph we dnt need ghost worker in dis company bt I've relative in my village D man said can we have any of ur relative phone number to be sure n I said I lost my phone so lost all my contact last month n d man said u see ghost plenty for dis Lagos enh en...
Wonder shall never end
D man pissed me off

10 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
mployer:
Interviewer: what grade do you have in your certificate?

Me: second class upper division.

Interviewer: Didn't someone get first class in your department?

Me: someone did.

Interviewer: why are you not the one?

Me: ?

Did you get the job? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Rikidony(m): 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Andyblaze:

I go beat u ohh

take timeangry angry

#BITG

PUHAHAHAHA BADT GUYgrin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MORNDEW(m): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
chyna4luv: @Uniquexty]
I am moved by your write up to tell my own weirdest interview question too so that people can learn because I have learnt something in this your little write up.

It goes this way...I was called for an interview with a cool bank for the post of a Transaction Officer. I have started sweating already due to the distance to the bank and I was caught by traffic. I got there successfully. we were about 20 interviewees. Let me go straight to the point. My own interview began this way....May I meet you? Your work experience? I was sweating because I am nervous(my first experience) Are you hot? I smiled and said YES! she quickly put on the AC,in that process i regained my confidence. Tell me about your position in your family? Your dad,mum and siblings' occupation? What is your proficiency in MS office suit? Why should I hire you? Have you stolen before?
Infact, I answered very well because she was taking my records and was very happy with the way I comported myself.

To be continued in the next page..
na nigerian movie u dey tell us wetin be to be continued in next page

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mutuwa: What is your name
My name is John Brown..
What is brown about john?
Some silence followed..

Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Suspect33(m): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
The guy was lyk "are u igbo", chaii igbos re very tribalistic? grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Superstar007(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: The interviewer asked me 'Are you sure u are capable of doing this job?' and my answer was- 'u dey craze? No no no no no, e be lyk say u craze b4? Wetin be capable? I no dey capable and i come here come find job?' the lady just burst out in laughter come begin beg me say e neva reach lyk dat say no be quarrel nah questiom im ask me......(though nah truck driver job for one kain sachet pure water company)

Chai grin I don die!

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by smada13(m): 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
waoh!! this' mine.....

was at an interview some months back, out of three people that were suppose to interview me, one kept asking me funny questions, the second was just staring at me and laughing, and the third was just busy looking at me and writing...

the questions were like this...after I introduced myself..
on hearing that I finished from LASU, he jumped and asked...

"what group were you in school?"...I answered. "volleyball, handball team of my faculty and the football team of my department".....

he asked again..."how did u cope with cult activities in school?"...I answered...."I have three stops...sports complex, chapel n PGD where I read and two mains..my hostel n lecture classes...

the third question was..."describe the road to your hostel from the gate...I took a paper n pen n drew the paths...

he asked again...."what's the colour of trade fair's gate?"...I described d length n colour....

the last question was..."any difference between profit maximization n wealth maximization?"....I replied "short n long run".....

the most shocking was when I was told to be interviewed for a higher level in the bank, that was after I passed d interview, was invited for their training and came out as d overall best...

I met with three new set of people and they grilled me like a fresh fish....they gave me task I will never forget in my life...I was given a diary that represents a corpse n was told to market it....I managed to talk for 4mins and hanged...I just laughed and said.."I don't know what else to say"...... you know what?

I was employed and my salary is in six figures.......

40 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by youngdee168(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
pendusky: I was asked

The man; "you studied engineering right"?

me; yes sire

The man; How do you write 4 in between 5?

me: that simple sire, [ he gave me a paper and a Biro and I wrote F(IV)E. ] that is it sire.

The man; you must be a genius. come back tomorrow for your medicals.

That's all and I was employed.

grin

Are u serious? dats great anyway

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by 2tangle123(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
dexterush:
Nice lesson learnt, but wat do u want to use the lik for?u wan use am drink garri?? undecided
lol...Weird question and you gave a weird answer..
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by chimexcomm(m): 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
Have learnt something here

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
smada13: waoh!! this' mine.....

was at an interview some months back, out of three people that were suppose to interview me, one kept asking me funny questions, the second was just staring at me and laughing, and the third was just busy looking at me and writing...

the questions were like this...after I introduced myself..
on hearing that I finished from LASU, he jumped and asked...

"what group were you in school?"...I answered. "volleyball, handball team of my faculty and the football team of my department".....

he asked again..."how did u cope with cult activities in school?"...I answered...."I have three stops...sports complex, chapel n PGD where I read and two mains..my hostel n lecture classes...

the third question was..."describe the road to your hostel from the gate...I took a paper n pen n drew the paths...

he asked again...."what's the colour of trade fair's gate?"...I described d length n colour....

the last question was..."any difference between profit maximization n wealth maximization?"....I replied "short n long run".....

the most shocking was when I was told to be interviewed for a higher level in the bank, that was after I passed d interview, was invited for their training and came out as d overall best...

I met with three new set of people and they grilled me like a fresh fish....they gave me task I will never forget in my life...I was given a diary that represents a corpse n was told to market it....I managed to talk for 4mins and hanged...I just laughed and said.."I don't know what else to say"...... you know what?

I was employed and my salary is in six figures.......

Wow! You sure are smart!

8 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Superstar007(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
chukwuma101: If you were an animal, which would you be. And I said I would be an interviewer....................................... They nearly tore my original degree certificate.

Lwkm!! grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by afrokid(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
A female interviewer once asked me which part of the country I intend to marry from, I was like how the hell does that affect the job?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Superstar007(m): 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
Victoriousvic: Interviewer: Why did you bring your bag in with you?

Me: I'm sorry, I wasn't told not to bring it in. Please permit me to drop it outside.

Interviewer: No. I'm not saying it's wrong. Why did you bring it in?

Me: Well, I've got some important items in my bag. So, mainly for security reasons.

Interviewer: So, you don't trust the people out there right?

Me: No one can be trusted sir.

Interviewer: Do you trust me?

Me: I can't exactly say yes, cos I'm just meeting you for the first time.

Interviewer: Really? Okay, do you trust me enough to give this position to you?

Me: In that case, yes.

Interviewer: I thought you didn't trust me.

Me: I didn't mean it in that aspect sir.

Interviewer: Why do you trust me to give you this position, if you don't trust me in terms of other things?

Mhen.. I was speechless. I got the position though. grin

LoL! Nice one cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by mployer(m): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
smurfy:

Did you get the job? cheesy
For where?
I couldn't understand what the guy want.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Miner13: 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
tolutweety:

Exactly!! understand them before responding.

Was doing a technical interview with an indigenous oil n gas servicing coy and the interviewer looked at my cv and said :
Ohh you had a contract with EXXON Mobil, if they call you to come start work, will you go??
For my mind, I told myself... So if they call u sef,u won't go abii.lol

na watin your mouth talk we wan here which one be mind.
dem place mindometer for there? angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by peacynelson(f): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
When Last did u ve sex? tongue
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ogtavia(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
babeline: I was asked by my interviewers ( 2 female young women with horrible attitudes) my position in my family. I said 2nd. Then they ask what my older one does for a living (w.t.f I'm here to talk about myself not my siblings). Then they ask me what I weigh Like that had anything to do with the job description??!!

U neva enta d office,see as dem dey beef u..if u enta nko...dey will form beefers association for u...na u go always be ..matters arising..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Offers Job Vacancy At Mavins Records / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.