Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

The Reluctant Bride - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Reluctant Bride (277682 Views)

Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. / Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
kingphilip:

Happy birthday wishing u the very best life has to offer n d fulfillment of ur purpose for living

BTW Tiffany gud one n Tnx for the courage to repost do take kia n have a lovely week
you're welcome, and thank you. How have you been?
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
DoroCute:
Hmmmm.... Finale! I don catch Up wiv TRB! I see u TiffanyJ. Thanx 4 the wishes n I(we) miss reading ur story.
you're welcome madam, miss reading your new developments o
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
phebean008:
Tiff dearie, what's up nw? I've been refreshing almost every 30mins. My book no dy even enter sef and i hv test tomorrow, just because i cnt focus. Please, help a sister
pele, swthrt, how was the test na? Will make an update soon

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
missviva:
Finall,I can now sleep peacefully...tnx tiff
thank you too, ma'am
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
AmJane:
well done op. More updates please. what a great work you are doing here.
thanks ma, and welcome aboard.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
stunningjudy:
TiffanyJ i tot i saw u viewing this page just now, why is there now update na? Diaris god o
abeg madam no provoke. How was the birthday anyway?
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
jader:
tanx aunt Tiffany. more ink to ur pen
you're welcome ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
temicares:
this story is amazing I rejoined naira land so that I can comment.good work
thanks ma and welcome back.

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
pheranmyy:
u ar 2 much dearie tanx alot 4 d update mua
thanks dearie

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by DoroCute(f): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
TiffanyJ:

you're welcome madam, miss reading your new developments o
TiffanyJ u r online so start typin oooooooooo!!
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
bumzel89:
This is the best on NL. God bless you Tiffany.
there are writers much more better than me in NL. Thanks dear, for loving my work, Amen to your prayers and may God bless you too
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
DoroCute:

TiffanyJ u r online so start typin oooooooooo!!
okay ma, I actually thought you've read TRB but invited you here to re-read it.
Uzolexis , you are also invited
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
Supremor:
This is getting more fascinating well done and God bless aunty Tiffany but please warn Amanda to leave my Tara alone o
thank you and God bless you too
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
Chubbiehills:
Neva tot it wil gat my atension dis much,luvly works.pls continue,decent roamnce story ever read hre..aplaud 2u
So glad it got your attention, thanks ma and welcome aboard
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 2:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
'your wife's fall is quiet unfortunate but its a good thing she isn't badly hurt and the fetus is fine'
'thank you doctor', Henry and Jordan replied.
'I will discharge her tomorrow. She is quiet upset, why not just rent that apartment she seems to crave for?'
'No', Jordan said flatly.
'Mr. Joseph, can you excuse Nicholas and I for a few minutes?'
'Sure'
Henry stood up and left. He has work to do anyway. He's got to find out who it was that Jordan spent the night with. He refused to fold his arms and watch his best friend treat his sister so.
'Jordan, may I speak candidly with you? As a man and not your wife's doctor?'
'You may'
'Its obvious Tara doesn't want to go back home because of that Amanda of a lady'
'Joel, Tara and Amanda never get on well. I really don't know why she kept insisting that Amanda wants her dead'
'Tara was brought in here by her driver and your housekeeper. What about your mother?'
'she's on a vacation with my dad'
'Now Jordan, I think Tara is bored. You leave for work in the morning and come back by evening leaving an idle Tara at home with no one to talk with'
'Joel, I don't know what else to do with her. I have opened an account for her, I paid in money every month. I keep urging her to go out, shop, catch fun, meet new people and make friends but no, she prefers sitting around the house and brooding over Amanda. Many women will sieze this opportunity but not Tara'
'Jordan, when is your mother coming back?'
'In a week or two'
'Tara is already more than three months pregnant. Hers is a very complicated one. Remember, we don't need her upset. I think she doen't fell safe in that house. Get her a place to stay for two weeks before your mother returns. When she does, Tara can come back to the house. Atleast your mother's presence will assure her.
'No, I said no'
'The rate at which things are going, we might have to perform a D and C for your wife. If going back to that house upsets her and therefore endenger her life, why don't you just give her what she wants for peace sake'
Jordan remained unspoken.
'Pregnant women have so many problems. Look here, how many rooms does her brother Henry lives in?'
'Two bedroom flat'
'Good, then send her there for the remaining two weeks of your mother's absence'
'Her little sister is already occupying that room'
'It doesn't matter, two of them can share a bed. Afterall, its not as if you would have any intimacy with her. She is on bedrest, therefore, I see nothing wrong with her staying there while you visit her as often as you wish'
Jordan didn't like that idea at all and Joel had seen it in his eyes.
'Giving in its not a sign of weakness or failure, forget your pride and help your pregnant wife'
'Okay Joel, she will just pack a suitcase and return to Henry's'
'No, pack whatever you think she will need this evening. As soon as she is discharge tomorrow, drive her straight to her brother's place. That will calm her down'
'I will do just that'
Jordan left Joel's office. He had missed his meeting.

Henry walked up the stairs to Jenny's apartment. Knowing whom Jordan had spent the night with wasn't difficult. He had been friends with Jordan for more than ten years. All he had to do was visit his top five women. Two were out of town. He had visited Lara and Patricia, they were not the ones.
Henry had not had enotgh sleep as he was called at 4am and summoned to the hospital. He knocked on the door, Jenny opened it with a smile.
'Jenny good afternoon. May I come in?'
'sure'
He entered and sat on the sofa.
'Do you know who Jordan's wife is?'
'She is a little woman who stole him from me', she foolishly answered.
'She is my little sister and you opened your doors wide for Jordan knowing he married my sister'
Jenny realised her mistake too late. Henry was dangerous and not one to annoy.
'He came to me'
'Jordan secured a very well paid job for you to help take care of your aged parents. I can take that away with a snap of my fingers.
Jenny trembled, she knew Henry could do that.
'But we didn't do anything Henry, I swear to God. He was drunk and we just slept', He went on his feet.
'Jenny, lock your doors at Jordan or you face the repercurssons'
'your sister is giving him a hard time'
He scornfully looked at her.
'And you think you can handle him? Every marriage has its own problem. Allow them to sort out theirs'
'Are you threatening me?'
'I am warning you. Be wise Jenny and stay out of Jordan's way. You can dare me and you will know the extend I can go'
Jenny went on her knees. She had parents and a son to sponsor. Henry could destroy her. Jordan Nicholas was not worth all those troubles, afterall, there are very many fish in a pond.
'I am sorry Henry, what happened yesterday won't repeat itself again'
'It had better not', Henry retorted before taking his leave

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by phebean008(f): 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
TiffanyJ:

pele, swthrt, how was the test na? Will make an update soon
Thanks sweetie...the test was ok. Thanks for d update...expecting more

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by AmJane(f): 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nice update. Hope many more will follow Nice update. Hope many more will follow

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Vickthoriah(f): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nyc update

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by kingphilip(m): 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
TiffanyJ:

you're welcome, and thank you. How have you been?
I've been great n u

seems this will b ending soon ryt
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
kingphilip:

I've been great n u

seems this will b ending soon ryt
am good, yes, its coming to an end and I am about to open a thread for my next story.

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by pheranmyy(f): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
cant stop falling inlove with dis story o
Re: The Reluctant Bride by missviva(f): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Tiff sweet..A̶̲̥̅♍ so glued 2 dis story...pls come and update cos "dis suspense is killing me"(in brandy's voice)
Re: The Reluctant Bride by kingphilip(m): 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
TiffanyJ:

am good, yes, its coming to an end and I am about to open a thread for my next story.
when u de start am
Re: The Reluctant Bride by amenna(f): 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
I like your story. I have been following ur post. I really like dem, but wen are u going to be true becuz the suspense is eating me up. intact I must confess DAT ur story are interesting.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
I don't have enough battery 4 an update. Will make it up tomorrow. Oh, my next work is about to begin, i have open a thread for it but please all three of my stories are connected, a sort of triology.
1. The reluctant bride
2. A man to call her own
3. Deceitful couple.
The second has been completed and is on NL, I will advice you to read it, the third is the continuation of the second. Night

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by duchesslola: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2014
Jst finished reading "A Man to call Her Own", I think I like it more hoping the joel and mitch story will best them all. Well done tiffany
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2014
Jordan accended the stairs slowly. He was tired but he had to pack a suitcase for Tara. He opened the door to their room, entered and stared at the sight of Amanda. She was going through Tara's clothes.
'What are you looking for?', Amanda turned in suprised.
'Welcome back Jordan', she said with a smile that didn't reach her face.
'I don't want your greetings Amanda, I want answers'
Jordan tried to control his anger. The slightest mistake from Amanda will turn her into a scape goat for all that had happened to him earlia in the day. Amanda, no fool, decided to tread carefully.
'I need to lend a black dress from Tara, please don't be offended, sice she is not home, I thought I should help myself'
Jordan made his hands into a fist.
'Have I ever told you not to enter this room?'
'yes you did. Those lazy maids didn't wash my clothes in time'
'Tara fell down, you were at home and refused to help drive her to the hospital. Now here you are, going through her clothes'
Jordan took a step towards her and Amanda took one backward, in fright.
'Get out of this room before I loose my temper'
Amanda ran out of the room.
'Tara is right, I also think I can't stay under the same roof with Amanda'
He hastily began packing Tara's suitcase. Amanda got guts but what if she really tried to kill Tara? Jordan walked to Amanda's room. He didn't knock. He found her watching a movie. She looked up at him.
'If you had really tried to kill Tara you had better start runing because no one will help you'
'My father is an embassador Jordan. Your parents are not the only ones with influence and power in this country', she said with a dangerous smile.
'If you really are guilty, not even your father can save you'
For the first time since everything happened, Jordan found himself wondering if his mother would bring a killer into their lives. He put a call through to detective Samuel.
'Hello? Any results?'
'We are working on it sir'
'I want you to investigate a certain Amanda patrick. I think she is a suspect'
'Okay sir, we will be through with our investigation by next week'
'Gond to know'

'Welcome to my abode'
Henry told Tara with a grin. Its sure would be a full house. Although he and Shan had cope just fine, he was glad Tara would be spending two weeks with them.
'Thank you Henry'
Tara sat down on the red cushion. Shan had already gone to school. Jordan appeared at the door with Tara's suitcase. He took it into the spare room she would share with Shan. He returned to the room and signalled to Henry to excuse them.
'Oh Tara, I've got to go. I have a meeting at the office in an hour's time', Henry stood up and left, but not before glaring at Jordan.
Jordan and Tara stared in an uncomfortable silence at each other.
'I can tell that you are angry with me Tara, come out with it'
'It doesn't matter Jordan'
'It does'
After saying those words, Jordan realised how truthful his statement was. It really mattered that Tara was angry with him.
'Am I a nagging wife?', Tara blurted out.
'No you are not. I over reacted that night. I am sorry sweet'
'Where were you the day I fell off?'
'Tara, I was quite drunk and I...', He couldn't complete the sentence.
'I am not as naive as you thinj Jordan. You were with a woman, weren't you?'
'Tara, I'm really sorry'
'Answer my question'
'yes Tara, I was with a woman'
'All i ever wanted is for zou to believe. A small misunderstanding and you ran into the arms of another woman. If this is what this marriage is all about then I think its high time we go our separate ways. I can't stand this humiliation Jordan. I won't be able to stand the look of pity directed towords me by Joel, Gad and Henry again', Tara looked at Jordan with eyes full of unshed tears.
'I'm sorry'
'Being sorry won't solve our marital problems Jordan. I need you to trust me to do the right and to take the right decision'
'I didn't have any intimacy with her. Please blelieve me'
'you went to her Jordan and it really hurt. You refused to hear me out on Amanda, it hurts too', Tara said in tears. She couldn't stand Jordan seeing just how much he had hurt her.
'Please leave Jordan, just leave'
Jordan knew she was upset and angry, he should give her time to calm down. He kissed her cheek and walked out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
'Tara!', Shan cried excitedly and ran into Tara's arms. Two whole weeks with Tara was a luxury.
'So how are you doing?'
'I'm fine Ta, guess what? I made two new friends in school. You won't believe all the kids in school are so rich and intelligent'
Shan chattered with Tara as she removed her school uniform.
'Oh Tara, you look so sad. Are you fighting with uncle Jordan again?', Tara mangaged a smile.
'Of course not, just a bit tired. Shan, I didn't cook any food for you, I'm so sorry I...'
'Don't worry Ta. I always eat lunch at the school cafeteria. While coming back, the driver always halts at Mr biggs where I buy a takeaway supper before coming home'
Tara stared at Shan.
'Whose driver and where does the money come from?'
'Uncle Jo has hired a driver who takes me to and from school. He also gives me enough money for food. You mean he didn't tell you?'
'No, he didn't'
'Ta, we are so lucky we have uncle Jordan and Henry. I so much adore them. When I become an adult, I will marry someone like them', Tara said nothing.
'Shan, you've got to rest and wash your school uniforms. I will help you iron them', Shan laughed her head off.
'What is so funny?', Tara asked in bewilderment.
'Uncle Jo bought five pairs for me. I wash no more Ta, a woman comes and wash for me every saturday'
'You are kidding me rght?'
'No Ta'
' now give me three pairs of the uniform. No one will wash for you anymore', Shan frowned.
'Tara why are you suddenly harsh on me?'
'I'm not Shan, you are a woman, there are things you've got to learn how to do. You had better wash your uniforms, you now have only two pairs'
Shan walked out on Tara. Tara blamed herself, she had been so wrapped up in her problems. She didn't know that her sister needed a woman to discipline and tell her off. If she didn't remain firm, Shan might end up not even knowing how to cook. Shan would follow her back to Jordan's place-that is, if she ever went back.

Jordan went to pick Shan from school. He needed to see Tara and felt no shame going through Shan.
'Tara, uncle Jordan picked me, he is in the living room'
'Tell him I'm sleeping'
'But you're not'
'Shan, can you excuse Tara and I?', Jordan said from the door.
'okay', she answered and left.
'Tara, are you still angry with me?'
She remain mute. She was lying on her back. Jordan joined her in bed.
'Amanda is being investigated'
'Your problem, not mine', She shot back at him.
'Its been three days Tara. Please forgive me. This punishment is too much for me'
'Is it?'
'Yea'
'Jordan just go, please'
'I will come here tomorrow. What do you want me to get for you'
'Nothing'
Jordan dejectedly left the room. He met Shan in the living room.
'Ta has changed, she gets angry at the slightest provocation', Jordan smiled.
'That is because of that beautiful child she is carrying'

Kelvin looked at the paper before him. This publisher was definately out to destroy Tara. It said Tara tried to get rid of her pregnancy twice causing Jordan throwing her out of the house.
'Have you found out who tried to kill Her?'
'Its Amanda Patrick. She is a guest at the Nicholas house'
'What have you found out about the Amanda girl?'
'Her father is the embassador to the United States of America. He is very powerful sir and not one to take for granted'
Kelvin laughed.
'Gather the evidence against the girl. Start making preparations for her arrest and trial. Let me see just how powerful her family is against me'
'Okay sir, but don't you think its time to meet Tara?'
'Not yet, I want Jordan and his detective friends to make the arrest first. Patrick Morgan will make an attempt to release her and that will be his undoing.
As for the publisher of this paper, I will pay him a visit and I'm sure he will be glad to publicly apologize to Tara'
'yes sir', his informer said and left the room.
'It is pay back time', Barrister Kelvin Lucas said quietly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by missviva(f): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
Tiff dis suspense is too much o

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Aliyuozioma(f): 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
hmmm tu mch suspense, waitn 4mor update, following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by olufummy02(f): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
I beg Tiff,,no give me hypertension with this suspence.. The story is very interesting.,more please

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
missviva:
Tiff dis suspense is too much o
but I just made an update na

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

First Night / Bukky Alakara / Memo Of A Male Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.