Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" (33495 Views)

Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win / 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / Do Nice Guys Finish Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Stillfire: 3:11am On Nov 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:

She said "Bond types, not thugs". What exactly am I missing? Bond was not a thug? *confused man here*

Ihe if you don't know the difference between this...

...and this...

Sorry I can't help you! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Stillfire: 3:23am On Nov 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:

See? smiley

You think if we aren't out straffing every chick we think is hot, we're pretenders or inconfident or broke. What can I say? I hope that you don't think your husband's being anything other than honest, confident and financially capable when he maintains hotel rooms in every city for his "away games". smiley

No strings attached is honest. Ok.

As for the James Bond aura, what man does not know how to affect airs? If I had not taken the lesson about empty tins seriously, I'd never have bothered with honesty. The thing I tend to like about people is the honesty that does not prepare you for the amazing depths to their person. You think you know everything and can't be surprised and then they surprise you.

Then you see an air of mystery and suave and think this is some deep secret you'll never get to the bottom of and you're all fired up to go digging. Only, you never dig too far before you hit the bottom and then you want something new.

I like solidity. I like substance. Let that just be me but I like it. I don't need airs. And in all my life I have never liked beautiful women with uncouth characters. I find them so annoying that that is the most civilized way that I can talk about them.

Good for you. Don't change yourself for anybody. That's an attraction on its own.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 7:13am On Nov 25, 2014
Stillfire:

...and this...

Sorry I can't help you! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ok. Bond isn't a thug because he doesn't have body art and he wears suits. I do know he smokes and I don't think accent should really count, so those are the main differences judging by this post, right?

I find that rather curious though.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 7:14am On Nov 25, 2014
Stillfire:

Good for you. Don't change yourself for anybody. That's an attraction on its own.
That part about me was refuting your blanket statement about men, Stillfire. That was the point.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 25, 2014
Stillfire:

...and this...

First picture all the way. What a divine creature.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 25, 2014
No dull yourself.
If the female ain't feeling you, then don't feel her.

Most "nice guys" have a psychological barrier that makes them feel that thinking about one's self i.e. being selfish, is a bad thing.
It most certainly is not, and that female knows it.

You cannot please everyone, neither were you put on this earth to do so.
Random people, acquaintances and friends will catch feelings for you, that's just life. If it's not mutual, I'm certainly not going to force myself into catching anything back just because someone is jonesing for me. It either is or isn't.

If it isn't, I certainly hope they will be able to remain acquintances, but if it's too much for them to deal with emotionally, wish them well with the best of intentions. But it would be dumb to think that just because you like someone that person MUST like you back. In a way, that too in itself is a form of selfishness.

Don't be a biach to your emotions.

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by UjSizzle(f): 7:54am On Nov 25, 2014
CFCfan:

Why? It should be a full show
It isn't. It's actually beautiful to watch ya know smiley Like watching ballerinas...the grace....hmmmm
They just happen to be half/almost nakiid is all tongue But they wear only enough to let your imagination take flight. Beautiful.
It's like poetry or a really good novel, where the writer leaves you guessing even to the very end; allowing you connect all the dots yourself. It's crazy because the answer is elusive, but still mesmerizing enough that you stay glued till it's over. That's primal art.

Yeah I'm a woman who doesn't mind staring at female strip tease.
What else hasn't the world seen grin

2 Likes

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by UjSizzle(f): 7:57am On Nov 25, 2014
Stillfire:

...and this...

What a divine creature.
All raw power and sexy arrogance cheesy

Wayne though undecided Do you hear the things that guy says when he raps? *pukes*
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by UjSizzle(f): 8:13am On Nov 25, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Its atrocious bro...comparing pixels on a screen to real-life, double-deluxe, feminine deliciousness in living colour grin.

Please never say that again.

And you seem to hold strip joints in contempt. Well, one of the most beautiful sights I've ever experienced was watching a particular girl pole-dance. Was not the crass, artless booty-shaking variety.

Words fail me. But it was art, sublime art.

Perfect form & control (she just floated), a beautiful smile, a beautiful body, eye-contact, absolute grace of motion and genuine enthusiasm. She really had more fun than I did.

It was the divine feminine, the essence of all life, on display, in all its glory. I was enchanted, inspired, intoxicated...stricken!

Had I the inclination, could have most easily sculpted a David or composed a symphony - immediately afterwards. Unfortunately, yours truly drowned this divine impulse in Heineken.
Tell your gf I'm sorry
kiss kiss
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Sagamite(m): 8:27am On Nov 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have friendzoned guys in the past and we have become very good friends in the course of time. They are now in happy relationships and we are still friends. I wanted to have them as my friends because I really liked their personalities and company, I just didn't have enough attraction for them.

Should I have told them to disappear just because I didn't want to have a relationship with them?
Was my wish to be friends selfish?

Now that they have other women to give their love and attention to, I still call them my friends and we can count on each other in different life situations.

Not every woman friendzones a guy so that he can boost her ego.

Sagamite:

Of course!

I have always told you guys that women are selfish.

When they friendzone a guy they know fancies them, it is usually for selfish reasons. They are using him to boast their ego and self-confidence.

He is being used just the same way a guy is shaggging a girl who fancies him but he has no interest dating and is going to dump anyway. Then you see women whining about the latter and then trying to train them to be selfless mugus called "real men".

If a girl is not interested in you and showing interest in you, WAKA PASS. Be an expert in waka-passing, cut the BS of "I am a gentleman, I would be patient and give her time" mugu many are trained to be.

cool
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 25, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Lol, you believe that?

A nice guy is actually a guy in fear. A guy who buries his legit wants and desires under whatever convenient excuse he can latch onto.

If your strongest drives, as a human, are of the devil. Then you must be a child of the devil. Embrace it.

You should not be at war with yourself.

But if your drives are of God...then he really wants you love chicks, and have fun and cut loose. It is your destiny.

Don't let the so-called morals of an unconscious society define your reality.

DEEP!!

richfella reincarnated(i have gone through your post history and i cannot be mistaken).ever since i read your submission titled 'THE ILLUSSION OF PURITY' on a certain thread.
I wish to be like you when i grow up(no shiit).i stay following your exceptionaly perspective on issues about how the opposite sex are wiredgrin
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by veave(f): 11:11am On Nov 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Of course not! I crush you every bit as much as you crush me. cheesy

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Stillfire: 11:23am On Nov 25, 2014
UjSizzle:

What a divine creature.
All raw power and sexy arrogance cheesy

Wayne though undecided Do you hear the things that guy says when he raps? *pukes*

I like that... 'sexy arrogance'. cool cool cool cool cool

As for Wayne, I don't listen to rap to know what he says. What would one expect from a baboon bred entity?
American women need prayers for ever sleeping with a lil wayne.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Stillfire: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

First picture all the way. What a divine creature.

Lol.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Stillfire: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2014
And you seem to hold strip joints in contempt. Well, one of the most beautiful sights I've ever experienced was watching a particular girl pole-dance. Was not the crass, artless booty-shaking variety.

Lol, budhapalm has just dissed African tradition. Booty shaking is our art form o. It is art jor. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCCUBTRGSTM
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by bukatyne(f): 11:42am On Nov 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:
After reading a friend's latest entries in her diary, I thought about writing my "closing" arguments on friendzoning and "nice guys finish last". I decided that it isn't worth my energy right now. But I'll say the following and leave it at that:

Friendzoning is an act of selfishness. This is because love is beautiful when you're the recipient. When someone loves you, they make you a very high priority in their lives. You benefit a lot from that. They're always there for you. You can count on that. If you have any kind of need, they will be right there to stretch themselves and provide it. But here's where it gets tough: love is vastly expensive to the lover. The lover spends a very difficult kind of currency - themselves. Where do you replenish such expenses? Only from other people who love you in the same degree.

Now, someone is spending themselves on you and you enjoy that. But you would rather not spend yourself on them for whatever reason is applicable to you. What do you do? Call Love Friendship and invent arguments for why they should keep up the expense even when it kills them to do so. That is what makes the Friendzone issue difficult to leave alone. Those who have been drained like that tend to be cynical about love and the value or worth of fellow human beings.

About the "nice guys finish last" matter, I have only this to say: like attracts like. If a woman is attracted to men who do not respect or value womanhood, it says a lot about her not just about men who do respect womanhood. If a woman wants tough guys who are all about swag and money and bachelor pads, whatever she says about them being real and all that, it means only that she is not very interested in motherhood and stability. You want to live the life of the club and spotlights, you don't belong in the home, the kitchen and the bedroom and nursery. It's that simple.

When a man or woman is ready to take on life, they don't look for fast-moving stuff, they look for deep roots. And if they have spent their youth running around and jumping on every train headed south, well they have the consequence that they will not be very deserving of any kind of love, to say nothing of a good man's or woman's love. Forgiveness exists to ensure that they can be rescued but it is not something they have any right to. So if you're a nice guy and the flashy girls are giving you the cold shoulder, move on. Don't complain. Simply build yourself a life you can be proud of and you will have your own pick of women. Don't be bitter about other people's choices even if they hurt you. Just free them and thus free yourself to breathe, to live, to grow and become everything you can be.

Addendum: I realize that there is a conflict about the definition of "nice guys". I have only this to say about it: there are dull guys, there are players and there are decent men. Dull guys are boys who have not acquired the, er, "balls" to take on life. Players are the typical bad boys. Decent men are the "nice guys" in question here. Decent men make homes. They tend to keep long relationships so whenever they're in the market after their first time, they aren't nearly always the most polished. They place their women very high on their priority list because they understand gow critical the role of womanhood is to a man. You don't generally find them in clubs, not because they don't like fun but because they have moral boundaries. You won't meet them at strip joints unless they're on a break from decency. They aren't regulars at pick-up bars and restaurants because some things tend to be overdone. A decent guy is simply a man with boundaries. He does not live on a constant high. He is a centered person and does not chase thrills as a matter of course. That's the nice guy here. If you have any other definition, it doesn't apply to my arguments.

There, have a nice thought or two now. smiley

LOL! @ friendzone saga again

I 100% agree with you that like attracts like.

A lady who is attracted to a 'bad' guy is not nice herself (forget the outward appearance)

I think a lot of 'good/decent' guys get burnt because they are trying to attract women not like them (you know the flashy flashy of this world)cheesy. A woman can be decent and still look sweet. Bitter or not, a lot of ladies do not appreciate the 'meekness' of decent guys and mistake it for 'weakness' angry

Decent guys should know the kind of women that fit into their future and go for them. Let bad men/women roll with themselves cheesy

I honestly believe a decent lady will not friendzone a guy because she knows that love is quite expensive and truth is when a man genuinely loves, he does so with the whole of his being cheesy

Friendzoned guys (and ladies), sorry o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
Sagamite:

cool

Usually?

Prove it! cool
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Sagamite(m): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Usually?

Prove it! cool

Okay.

Buy a packet of biscuit, by the time you finish eating the 5th one, you will see a card with the proof written on it when you try to take the 6th. grin
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
Sagamite:

Okay.

Buy a packet of biscuit, by the time you finish eating the 5th one, you will see a card with the proof written on it when you try to take the 6th. grin

No way. I will not ruin my perfect shape by doing what is your job. wink
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Sagamite(m): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No way. I will not ruin my perfect shape by doing what is your job. wink

Eat it and go and dance 'Gobe' at a Zumba class. cheesy
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
Sagamite:

Eat it and go and dance 'Gobe' at a Zumba class. cheesy

LOL grin grin grin

I would go, if I got enough sleep last night. I will be too tired in the evening because I didn't get the care I deserve yesterday. angry tongue
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

LOL grin grin grin

I would go, if I got enough sleep last night. I will be too tired in the evening because I didn't get the care I deserve yesterday. angry tongue

Go and marry a German Doctor for free Healthcare. grin grin grin grin grin

But be warned that a German would work you up like a machine, so you will get more tired. grin
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
Sagamite:

Go and marry a German Doctor for free Healthcare. grin grin grin grin grin

But be warned that a German would work you up like a machine, so you will get more tired. grin

I am a strong woman. tongue
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
bukatyne:

LOL! @ friendzone saga again

I 100% agree with you that like attracts like.

A lady who is attracted to a 'bad' guy is not nice herself (forget the outward appearance)

I think a lot of 'good/decent' guys get burnt because they are trying to attract women not like them (you know the flashy flashy of this world)cheesy. A woman can be decent and still look sweet. Bitter or not, a lot of ladies do not appreciate the 'meekness' of decent guys and mistake it for 'weakness' angry

Decent guys should know the kind of women that fit into their future and go for them. Let bad men/women roll with themselves cheesy

I honestly believe a decent lady will not friendzone a guy because she knows that love is quite expensive and truth is when a man genuinely loves, he does so with the whole of his being cheesy

Friendzoned guys (and ladies), sorry o! cheesy

Thank you. You just played Abigail to my David. I was about to bring war to this thread.

So, Bond is the standard now ehn? Who was arguing that the women that want bad boys are wifeable again? Tell me exactly how Bond's marriage would look.

I'm still wondering at the allegations that men who don't sleep around don't do so because they are inconfident, hypocritical or broke. Lol, as if money is needed to straff. I go tell una my story? I have never had enough money to form big boy and I never really cared but my "girlfriend" back in secondary school was claimed to be the prettiest (unsolicited info I was given). In the polytechnic, I don't know where they ranked her because I never really cared to ask but she was hot and fine and had two dudes proposing to her when she practically moved in with me. Didn't cost me that much. I was just a gentleman that listened when they talked, picked up the tab (and I didn't bother with impressing with classy eateries and hangouts) and moved in for the kiss when I had made her good and ready for it (not that I knew what the hell I was doing then, I was just very attentive and very observant).

You think that being decent means being clueless or dull? I hope you all find Bonds to marry. smiley

And I hope that you marry no nice guys whatever the case with Bond. Say Amen.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by bukatyne(f): 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Thank you. You just played Abigail to my David. I was about to bring war to this thread.

So, Bond is the standard now ehn? Who was arguing that the women that want bad boys are wifeable again? Tell me exactly how Bond's marriage would look.

I'm still wondering at the allegations that men who don't sleep around don't do so because they are inconfident, hypocritical or broke. Lol, as if money is needed to straff. I go tell una my story? I have never had enough money to form big boy and I never really cared but my "girlfriend" back in secondary school was claimed to be the prettiest (unsolicited info I was given). In the polytechnic, I don't know where they ranked her because I never really cared to ask but she was hot and fine and had two dudes proposing to her when she practically moved in with me. Didn't cost me that much. I was just a gentleman that listened when they talked, picked up the tab (and I didn't bother with impressing with classy eateries and hangouts) and moved in for the kiss when I had made her good and ready for it (not that I knew what the hell I was doing then, I was just very attentive and very observant).

You think that being decent means being clueless or dull? I hope you all find Bonds to marry. smiley

And I hope that you marry no nice guys whatever the case with Bond. Say Amen.

LOL @ bolded

I did not go through the thread

You be good lover boy o!

Having se.x like dogs sure isn't the qualification of manhood else we are all doomed angry

Bond as in James Bond is obviously NOT a husband material (again it depends on who the wife is wink)

Our decent brothers should find decent women to love and they will see them blossom.

A loved and cared for woman is very beautiful and radiates elegance. Ditto a loved man loved and cared for by the woman he loves.

The both of them will radiate like stars! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Classicalmusic: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Thinkr:
stop saying that bruh. If you ask a girl out and she says NO. Free her. Simple. Don't hurt urself more. If its hard to get then let her keep waiting for who will wait for such. Only kids still chase girl likes its do or die.
I totally understand. The only thing that is always on my mind when talking to a chick, is not what i can say to impress herr but to see if this girl is cool by pinpointing her conversational style. Once i get bored, then i take the exit door because she hasn't attracted me cheesy

Fortunately, they're the one talking to me but all in all, I decide on whom to have a conversation with.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Classicalmusic: 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
Thinkr:
stop saying that bruh. If you ask a girl out and she says NO. Free her. Simple. Don't hurt urself more. If its hard to get then let her keep waiting for who will wait for such. Only kids still chase girl likes its do or die.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by BeloHorizonte14: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
MizMyColi:
Its Okay.
Hi MizMyColi,your maturity ehn,abeg no vex for wetin i wan ask: which year did u graduate from UniBen and from which department? Thank you. OP am sorry,i didnt mean to derail.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by MizMyColi(f): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
2010/2011 session
AEE wink

BeloHorizonte14:
Hi MizMyColi,your maturity ehn,abeg no vex for wetin i wan ask: which year did u graduate from UniBen and from which department? Thank you. OP am sorry,i didnt mean to derail.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by christabeli: 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:

See? smiley

You think if we aren't out straffing every chick we think is hot, we're pretenders or inconfident or broke. What can I say? I hope that you don't think your husband's being anything other than honest, confident and financially capable when he maintains hotel rooms in every city for his "away games". smiley

No strings attached is honest. Ok.

As for the James Bond aura, what man does not know how to affect airs? If I had not taken the lesson about empty tins seriously, I'd never have bothered with honesty. The thing I tend to like about people is the honesty that does not prepare you for the amazing depths to their person. You think you know everything and can't be surprised and then they surprise you.

Then you see an air of mystery and suave and think this is some deep secret you'll never get to the bottom of and you're all fired up to go digging. Only, you never dig too far before you hit the bottom and then you want something new.

I like solidity. I like substance. Let that just be me but I like it. I don't need airs. And in all my life I have never liked beautiful women with uncouth characters. I find them so annoying that that is the most civilized way that I can talk about them.
Biko chop kiss
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by missterious(f): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
MizMyColi:

2010/2011 session
AEE wink

shocked smiley
I'm an AEE student in UNIBEN
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by MizMyColi(f): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
missterious:

shocked smiley
I'm an AEE student in UNIBEN

Owh Realllyy!

I heard Adekunle's now a prof.

Waow!

What level?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.