Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" (33496 Views)

Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win / 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / Do Nice Guys Finish Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by mdee1(m): 6:44am On Nov 24, 2014
freshdude2:
What's a 'friendzone'?

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by passionate88: 6:45am On Nov 24, 2014
symbian03:
But honestly, what's bad in having female friends without the so called benefits? sex is just overrated cry . I've got so many female friends and I do stuffs for them without expecting anything in return like I would for any male counterpart. Am I being a fool here? definitely not! So if I've got 50 female friends, would going intimate with all of them give me that 'smart guy' title most guys wants? undecided
You got it all wrong...
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by sunnyflakes(m): 6:46am On Nov 24, 2014
LEMME ASK GOOGLE 4 PERMIT TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS DISCOURSE.....
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:46am On Nov 24, 2014
Nobody is forcing anybody to remain in friendzone once you find out you have been friendzoned you better bail yourself BTW it is not only girls that friendzone, guys friendzone too
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Mynd44: 6:48am On Nov 24, 2014
The OP is wrong.

This argument is so flawed it is amazing but hey, whatever the heck rocks your boat.

**back to hibernation**
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by LMAyedun(m): 6:48am On Nov 24, 2014
So what do we call a situation where you asked a girl out, she refused and said she wants you as 'just a friend'... Along the line, she kisses you, romances you and even spend time with you (not the demanding kinda lady) and she still stood her ground on 'Just Friends'...?

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by will1am: 6:50am On Nov 24, 2014
If you're FriendZoned,it's 100% the fault of your own, and you can’t blame anyone else. Doesn’t matter what you do,how you are perceived by others is not their problem. You really gotta make some moves from the get go,so you can see if their is any hope for a relationship (or casual sex), or at least become an option down the road if you stick around.But if those moves don’t work you gotta take your rejection as an opportunity for personal growth,instead of getting all pissed at the lady rejecting you, cause its not her fault for not being into you.

Some dudes get it into their head that they’re really nice to a girl she’ll just bleep them,which really on paper doesn’t sound like a practice that makes any sense.So they just spend all their time piling on compliments and favors in a futile attempt to be seen as not a friend (when they’re really just being a really good friend) and then blame the girl for never being attracted to them from the start. I see most dudes on NL getting Friendzoned on a daily basis grin
Too badt#

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 24, 2014
"FRIENDZONE"-Man's Greatest Phobia cheesy
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by BigBen10: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2014
Mynd44:
The OP is wrong.

This argument is so flawed it is amazing but hey, whatever the heck rocks your boat.

**back to hibernation**

Good to see you.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 24, 2014
angry angry angry angry

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Abiagirl777(f): 7:03am On Nov 24, 2014
Don't care, I have 3 Friendzoned guys .meanwhile let me call one, I need his help asap tongue tongue tongue
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by sanchezzz: 7:05am On Nov 24, 2014
Friend zone. I hate this word with passion. But truth be told you cant date every girl you meet. Most girls out there are in one relationship or the other . So best thing is if u ask a girl out and she said NO, best thing is withdraw if u truely can't withstand being friend zoned.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by chronique(m): 7:08am On Nov 24, 2014
Nice article. For the first time in my life,I was actually friend zoned by someone I loved deeply,this year. We actually kicked up something together about 6 yrs ago and her sister didn't make it work cos She was also kinda interested in me. It actually became a complex situation that made it look like I was the bad guy trying to do 2 sisters whereas,the fault wasn't mine. I couldn't explain anything to the younger one(I'm not the type who wants to cause a rift between 2 siblings). At the end of the day,I decided to bear the whole thing. This year,I decided to try and start afresh with this girl,seeing that the elder sister who was initially my friend,and was causing confusion then,is now married. At first,it seemed like we were gonna have a head way. All of a sudden,things just took a negative spin and I found myself in that dreaded zone. What I did wrong,I can't say. The closest I've been able to think of is maybe because I didn't ask my younger sister to come down from the front seat and go seat at the back,and allow her(the chick) to come seat in front,on a certain day I had a date with her. Maybe she didn't believe that the girl she saw was actually my younger sister(she was saying we do not look alike)...

At some point,I was thinking of driving down to meet the hair dresser that fixed her hair,the very first night I went to pick her,this year. Was thinking of sorting her so she could help me work on this chick. I later thought of it that,I could be taken advantaged of and become a paying maga,with nothing to show for. I recently decided to move on after trying the little I could do "within acceptable limits". I don't like coming off as been desperate;it would bruise my ego.

When I look back at things and think about the many ideas that came my way,at times I just laugh at the stupid things that came into my mind. On a honest note,the friend zone is a terrible place to be in. It's not really easy walking out cos you keep having that constant hope and mind that maybe she'd change her mind soon. The only thing that gingered me to move on,was the fact that I obviously aint in the age category of people who can wait for several years for the lady to change her mind. If I was still much younger,I probably would have taken that chance;but not now.

In a nut shell,friend zone is like being placed in kirikiri maximum prison,where you can't tell what your fate would be. If you can,avoid it with all you can.

2 Likes

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by chidiebere2020(m): 7:12am On Nov 24, 2014
Some people here are misinterpret the term , nice guy, they 4get that nice guy has many cartigories, if u get wat women are look 4, even if u are most dumbest dude ur gud to go , if u are a nice guy u have to knw d game play it well believe me u will conqur women more than those who are or that claims to b bad boys, Is just 4 u to be ur self and knw d area u belong ,as 4 me am a nice guy but I have d tacts that I use to follow any girl that I find attractive to me and they will fall 4 me and won't wana let me go wen I think am don, although all these is not d way of life, d best is wether nice or bad just work hard an be succesful in life a see two women fightin because of u in public

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Mightyify(m): 7:15am On Nov 24, 2014
I think mine is a little complicated than being friendzoned. There's this girl i love, i have shown her everything to prove it, but my problem is that she rarely reciprocate...I have been asking her out for 3months now, she keep telling me "no". The most puzzled of this all is that whenever she comes to my house....we will kiss, i suck her br**st and sometimes we even make love, but still after everything she will still tell me "no". Am getting tired... I need some advice.

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ycmdng(m): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Ok ladies and gents how about playing "hide & seek game". There was no verbal acceptance and neither rejected and the person in question would obviously friendzone anybody else because of you.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by kavey10(m): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2014
Mightyify:
I think mine is a little complicated than being friendzoned. There's this girl i love, i have shown her everything to prove it, but my problem is that she rarely reciprocate...I have been asking her out for 3months now, she keep telling me "no". The most puzzled of this all is that whenever she comes to my house....we will kiss, i suck her br**st and sometimes we even make love, but still after everything she will still tell me "no". Am getting tired... I need some advice.

You sexzoned bro. Cheers amigos!
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Mightyify(m): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2014
LMAyedun:
So what do we call a situation where you asked a girl out, she refused and said she wants you as 'just a friend'... Along the line, she kisses you, romances you and even spend time with you (not the demanding kinda lady) and she still stood her ground on 'Just Friends'...?

Bro, that's exactly where I am now! I need an advice.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2014
symbian03:
But honestly, what's bad in having female friends without the so called benefits? sex is just overrated cry . I've got so many female friends and I do stuffs for them without expecting anything in return like I would for any male counterpart. Am I being a fool here? definitely not! So if I've got 50 female friends, would going intimate with all of them give me that 'smart guy' title most guys wants? undecided
Thanks. I was just wondering about the existence of that kind of relation. The best relations are where you do not expect anything back.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by nairaman66(m): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2014
freshdude2:
What's a 'friendzone'?

I am sure you are from France!
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Kennyinusa(m): 7:29am On Nov 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:
After reading a friend's latest entries in her diary, I thought about writing my "closing" arguments on friendzoning and "nice guys finish last". I decided that it isn't worth my energy right now. But I'll say the following and leave it at that:

Friendzoning is an act of selfishness. This is because love is beautiful when you're the recipient. When someone loves you, they make you a very high priority in their lives. You benefit a lot from that. They're always there for you. You can count on that. If you have any kind of need, they will be right there to stretch themselves and provide it. But here's where it gets tough: love is vastly expensive to the lover. The lover spends a very difficult kind of currency - themselves. Where do you replenish such expenses? Only from other people who love you in the same degree.

Now, someone is spending themselves on you and you enjoy that. But you would rather not spend yourself on them for whatever reason is applicable to you. What do you do? Call Love Friendship and invent arguments for why they should keep up the expense even when it kills them to do so. That is what makes the Friendzone issue difficult to leave alone. Those who have been drained like that tend to be cynical about love and the value or worth of fellow human beings.

About the "nice guys finish last" matter, I have only this to say: like attracts like. If a woman is attracted to men who do not respect or value womanhood, it says a lot about her not just about men who do respect womanhood. If a woman wants tough guys who are all about swag and money and bachelor pads, whatever she says about them being real and all that, it means only that she is not very interested in motherhood and stability. You want to live the life of the club and spotlights, you don't belong in the home, the kitchen and the bedroom and nursery. It's that simple.

When a man or woman is ready to take on life, they don't look for fast-moving stuff, they look for deep roots. And if they have spent their youth running around and jumping on every train headed south, well they have the consequence that they will not be very deserving of any kind of love, to say nothing of a good man's or woman's love. Forgiveness exists to ensure that they can be rescued but it is not something they have any right to. So if you're a nice guy and the flashy girls are giving you the cold shoulder, move on. Don't complain. Simply build yourself a life you can be proud of and you will have your own pick of women. Don't be bitter about other people's choices even if they hurt you. Just free them and thus free yourself to breathe, to live, to grow and become everything you can be.

Addendum: I realize that there is a conflict about the definition of "nice guys". I have only this to say about it: there are dull guys, there are players and there are decent men. Dull guys are boys who have not acquired the, er, "balls" to take on life. Players are the typical bad boys. Decent men are the "nice guys" in question here. Decent men make homes. They tend to keep long relationships so whenever they're in the market after their first time, they aren't nearly always the most polished. They place their women very high on their priority list because they understand gow critical the role of womanhood is to a man. You don't generally find them in clubs, not because they don't like fun but because they have moral boundaries. You won't meet them at strip joints unless they're on a break from decency. They aren't regulars at pick-up bars and restaurants because some things tend to be overdone. A decent guy is simply a man with boundaries. He does not live on a constant high. He is a centered person and does not chase thrills as a matter of course. That's the nice guy here. If you have any other definition, it doesn't apply to my arguments.

There, have a nice thought or two now. smiley

This is by far the best relationship related article that i have read in ages.
Nice one man. Nice piece.

4 Likes

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by IamLEGEND1: 7:31am On Nov 24, 2014
Mightyify:
you're joking right?

friendzWithBenefitz is wat we call it this days. incase you're from the stone age or a neanderthal

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 24, 2014
Do u know the psychological effects of being friendzoned? It gives one the feelings of insufficiency,low self esteem and social withdrawal.
Moving on for somebody who has been friendzoned is not an easy task,especially somebody who is always frienzoned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by chidiebere2020(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2014
sanchezzz:
Friend zone. I hate this word with passion. But truth be told you cant date every girl you meet. Most girls out there are in one relationship or the other . So best thing is if u ask a girl out and she said NO, best thing is withdraw if u truely can't withstand being friend zoned.
is just that many donst knw wen they are friendzone,
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by UjSizzle(f): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2014
MizMyColi:
Well, true, that.
If he's the pestering kind who just won't understand no matter how I try to make him see, I employ maximum avoidance, to a fault.
I won't even accept any gifting or make him feel comfortable around me.

There are people too, that we meet, who you bond with and at the same time you just know, this one's filial.
I have one in particular who does exactly what you've described below.
He tries to steer clear because he knows it won't happen, yet He loves me deeply.

Now whether he agrees or not, there are those times when we all need someone to show us that they care.
That's what I try to do despite his feelings for me or not.
I think he understands.
I also know when to cut off, like go radio silent.
It all boils down to wisdom being profitable to direct a person's path.
My dear, some people don't even want you to care at all. It's like you're supposed to shut off every feeling of love you ever had for them. Hard as it is, it might just be the best thing for you two.
Like Joel Osteen would say, "you just gotta love some people from a distance".

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Mayydayy(m): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2014
sometimes i ven ask myself.
what is this love everyone is talking about.for me life is all about interests.give and take.

2 Likes

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:46am On Nov 24, 2014
Our youths come up with different names to describe relationship yet there is increase in domestic violence and divorce. How did the word, friendzone, come about? What is wrong if I choose to start a relationship with first seeing and taking a lady as a friend?

2 Likes

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by XwhY(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2014
Ok, guys what is ur take on a zoner that will keep the friendship even at the cost of body benfits (FWB), but will never date you?
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by UjSizzle(f): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2014
Mynd44:
The OP is wrong.

**back to hibernation**
This must be the shortest prison sentence ever grin Good to have you back.

And btw, I've told you that you're an anomaly.

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 24, 2014
Dey should keep frnd zonin me..maybe wen i become the next dangote... I will be the one to frndzone dem... Bahbye... See yall next yr.... Love
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by smudge2079(m): 7:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Pastor, u just nailed it, Preach!
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by freecocoa(f): 7:56am On Nov 24, 2014
There's nothing like being friend-zoned, people in that position put themselves there in the first place.

It's obvious he or she doesn't want you the way you want him/her yet you stay, hoping things would change, doing what you ordinarily won't do for a friend and later you start crying 'friend-zoned' pleaseee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.