Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139985 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Chykeboss(m): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2014
adesoye college offa (ACO) Dat skuul no b child play.nd also Nigeria turkish skuul dose were my dream skuul but............

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by GoldStandard: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.

Bless You bro for this post...that's what NL'ers fail to understand! This is where all the UN, AU & other int'l connections are made! Even at my level here in my state, if I need anything I remember I have a high-school classsmate who I can call, who knows someone somewhere who can help find a soln to my problem!

5 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by wandeay: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2014
Those asking about Dangote's school should answer the question themselves. We can't compare those days with this, and am very sure if Dangote does not attend schools like these during his time, probably, one of his children or grandchildren will be in one of the expensive schools either in Nigeria or abroad.

I don't see anything wrong in those prices, some of them are foreign schools, they measure the fees according to their (British or American) educational standard, living condition, and currency. The price tag does not determine brilliance, but shows the type of class you belong in the society. These schools are reserved for foreign workers and the thickly rich in the society. We don't need to criticize them or make reference to people like Dangote et al.

4 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 1stola: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2014
Justeenaleo: You guys,stop,this is childish.
wow!
did I see a nipple popping out
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 9:16am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: First of all "schools like this" what kind of school are these schools listed. Exactly?
We only know that the ones listed in Nigeria are "expensive" .
We do not have any information that they are anything like Eton.
It does not seem logical to draw such a conclusion based on cost
We do not know that the British Experience with "schools like this " is transferable to Nigeria
Does Boris Johnson speak Five Languages?
What sport does George Osborne "excel" at?
Nigerians have attended Eton too, I vaguely remember a guy called Dilibe Onyeama attending Eton but am not aware of any political achievements. There is no doubt that people from privileged backgrounds in general achieve more tha those without but there is no evidence it has to do with schools attended,.Other studies will show similar correlation with where they spent their chidhood i.e , grew up. In other words regardless
of which school you attend you have a better chance if you grow up in Ikoyi than Mushin or Oshodi but you are more likely to grow up in Ikoyi if you are rich . So we cannot draw the conclusion that there is any intrinsic achievement trait related to growing up in Ikoyi but there are benefits.

All that business of Curriculum from heaven and ear sets is just razzmatazz. The best part of education takes place in the home. and once again that is related to money and amenities to some extent. eg having a piano at home etc. In reality the best musicians,footballers etc do not have any of those thngs e.g Pele,Maradona, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jordan etc. Some of the greatest achievers attended very ordinary schools.
Many schools charge a lot of money in Nigeria today and do not really offer value for money compared to schools of the 70s. Any parent who believes that paying the bills guarantees quality education is mistaken. They need to keep their eyes firmly on the product and ensure that the child has the right attitude and does not pick up wrong attitudes. To my mind these schools offer some value to those Nigerians who live abroad and wish to expose their children to Nigerian ways. If you live iin Nigeria and have that kind of money you are probably better off sending your children abroad.
But education is not all book knowledge, even poverty has its own curriculum mostly about human nature and interpersonal skills.

bros,u killed me with dis solo point of urs.
as i said earlier,wen i left they "assumed low key"secondary school in jss3 to a high profile boarding secondary school frm ss1 through 3,my performance dropped,my interpersonal relationship with most of my dudes in my ex school dropped and i hated myself but could do nothing.in my boarding school,u dont wash ur plates nor ur school uniforms,etc,did it helped me?no.
its a mistake my parent made and i cant repeat it

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by crudedude(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2014
Recycled topic.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Revolva(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2014
See u pay 2 milla fior ur pikin school fees and expect ur kid not to pas SSCE A1 all subjects...na naija una dey na.....hahahha arrangeee

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 9:22am On Aug 24, 2014
joeblack62: When a poor man can't afford something, him go talk say ' at least, i better pass them'. You should quit trying to fault this schools, though they are expensive but if i have that amount of money to spend on my kids tomorrow then why not. Let us face reality pls cos Poor man no dey always wan gree say he dey suffer.

u mean GEJ who's daughter just got married couldnt have been sent to any of those "high grade"school?
but GEJ decided dat she attends unical.so it means GEJ wasnt rich.
una get sense sha

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2014
iluvweed: Too many poor people on NL...haba! If you are making over 20m per annum, what stops you from sending your kids to these schools? Except you hate your kids or you are one stingy mwaphucker! As for me I love my kids and I will send them to the BEST school in naija for reliable and Ebola free education, LOL.

I just can't imagine a bus conductor toasting my daughter haha!
please abeg imagine oooooh...
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2014
ZACHIE: In the event of significant loss of revenue of the parents, these kids get suicidal when asked to change school to a less fancied one.
The switch can be damaging.
If you do not have long standing full proof sources of incomes,don't send your children to such schools.
The other matter is parents earn bragging rights with such schools.
It is actually about their ego puffing parents,ni more no less

Oga may God bless you. May your days be long. May God grant all your heart desires. See Ehen. Everybody's been talking nonsense since. I was a witness when mds of banks who gather for events boast about the secondary schools and universities abroad that their children attend. Before the cbn closed such banks. Many of them who are rich put their children in such schools for show off. You see women bragging about it. A family friend of mine whose daughter goes to one of the listed school above categorically told me how she pass waec. I never new they do those things in private school o. She said the waec officials and the principal would have planned the exam. She said when she wrote hers they allowed her maths teacher and physics teacher to come and help them. For biology they got the answers to the obj and theory and they thought them how to deliberately fail some questions. The parents know all this. Who wants their child to fail waec. I think it is stupid to put any child in such school. If I can afford that, then I'd rather put my child abroad. Yes the standard might be high in terms of environment, technological tools used in learning but it is the same gaddamn rubbish. Education in Nigeria is too poor.

Secondly the issue of unforseen circumstances. It is better for a top government official or people like dangote to put thier kids there. I am talking from experience. If such parents fall from grace to grass. The child will suffer the major brunt. How do you remove a child from a good school and put him in a public school and think all will be well wiv such child. You just created a social deviant and an angry child.

Thirdly, do u realise not all the children that attend such schools come from excellently rich background. The competition among the students is mighty. I went to just isl inside Unilag. I no wetin my eye see. Every holiday they talked about where they travelled to. In my time if ur papa no be member of Ikoyi club u are finished and a low lifer. I mean you as a parent must not lack in anything if u want to your child in a big school. Its not just about education, it's about standing shoulder wiv anybody. Nobody should come and bamboozle ur children. And then the child will suffer from inferiority complex in a big school. Am sorry if my story is long but I have to share some real life experiences.

It's not about going to the school. Its about maintaining that status for the child and providing him wiv everything so the child can concentrate and not feel left out. There is this small girl I also met in the saloon. Goes to a very expensive school. I've known the girl for sometime. Always see her in the saloon. One day she said she doesn't like her dad coming for pta meeting. That she even hates her school. Reason being her dad is a rich illiterate. And when he talks everybody laughs at him. Some of the parents went home and told their children about a particular man who always talks in the pta because he thinks he has money. Those children came to school and used it to abuse her. The second reason is that she doesn't travel abroad like her peers. That she only went once and it was south Africa. That every section students travel and come back telling stories. Third reason, she said she is ashamed to tell them she stays at ilasamaja. That the day she did, they laughed at her because most of them stay in lekki, magodo or Ikeja. None of them has heard of ilasa before.

To some people. They don't care about that all they want is quality education. That child cannot be happy if all other aspects of her life is not upgraded. Especially in a school where everybody is rich.

16 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by youngds: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2014
I paid 120k per term in sec. Sch, and i paid 19k per section in fed uni...i only feel dah difference in my 1L... I dont c anything bad in paying such a huge amount provided d kid will write waec wid his brain and gets straight A's

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bbello28(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2014
faithugo64: most of the students there dnt study despite the huge amount they pay,they sometimes cant stand students from a community secondary school,its not about d money,the question is,at the end,which do you graduate with;a certificate or a cerificate
grin in patience jonathan's voice so Do I av to signature dis cerfiticate
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 24, 2014
nigerianvenom:

story! did GEJ studied in such school?
did akpabio studied in such school?
did arthur eze,adenuga and their likes studied in such school?
the answer is no.
when God decides to lift u,ur place of study is insignificant my bro

And yet you wonder why Nigeria is like this, the reasons are not far fetched..... cry cry cry cry

The public schools they attended were good unlike the ones we have today.

You should stop making excuses for mediocrity

Word of Advice: You should never aim for any administrative position and if you ever find yourself in one, you will be doing the world a favour by either resigning or shooting yourself.

The way you reason nauseates me angry

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by NaLaugh: 9:41am On Aug 24, 2014
The high school i attended in Naija was the Harvard of Kano state at the time cheesy

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by holar2ge(m): 9:41am On Aug 24, 2014
that was then now
redcliff:

Ha..in my time i think i paid about 14k..per term..that was expensive to me though.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by sammieguze(m): 9:42am On Aug 24, 2014
U frm ilorin or u got someone there?

Popshugz: Romeichs international school offa garage, ilorin. pays a huge amount also. dey re jxt like 4 classes in each grade and ve about 12 students in each of duz classes. D students also go on excursions and vacations in d u.k and u.s anually. #CONFAM
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 24, 2014
Zukoslim: hmmmmm fees here only for one term can help a nigga through out his stay in d uni, with enough change to do big boi.... lolz...

peepz who send their wardz to this schools have their reasons...
take for instance_

a poor man who cn afford one or two square meal a day will send his child to public school,
an average man who can 3 gud square meal will send hia kid to a private school were there pay 3k to 5k per term
anoda middle class man,living well will send his kids to private school were they pay 8 to 15k per term...

now remember there are other private school were students pay 20k to 30k while some 30k and above... u cant say all d private schools are the same..heck no..quality is nt quantity... if u earn 500k to 1milla, will u send ur kids to a school were d fees is 20k..naaaah..u will snd dem to mayb a school were they pay 70 to 100k cus u believe the lesser one is inferior....

so forget the amount peepz pay for their wards in some schools cus haterz gonna hate

make i add ma own..,,,,high achiever academy... they pay 2******* #make i no talk#

Guy u na achiever too?? Datz my alma mata... 05/06
We da best!!!!!!!!!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ElFenomeno1: 9:44am On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter:
It's mostly for networking. Just like people that school in Harvard.

I disagree with you on the above. It is not mostly for networking unless you have another meaning for that key word.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by holar2ge(m): 9:49am On Aug 24, 2014
Abroad isnt d way out to everything expect u ve somebody there that z going to monitor ur kids.
Hope u get wat am trying.to say
nigerianvenom:

bros,u killed me with dis solo point of urs.
as i said earlier,wen i left they "assumed low key"secondary school in jss3 to a high profile boarding secondary school frm ss1 through 3,my performance dropped,my interpersonal relationship with most of my dudes in my ex school dropped and i hated myself but could do nothing.in my boarding school,u dont wash ur plates nor ur school uniforms,etc,did it helped me?no.
its a mistake my parent made and i cant repeat it
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by remsonik(f): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2014
Well I am not putting down the schools and if I can afford it I will send my kids there but quit the thinking that children from those schools have a right to be successful more than those who don't have the privilege to attend such schools. Most of the schools listed can't even stand the quality of education in unity schools in those days when unity schools were still good not now when the system has been bastardised
50calibre:

To be honest, I was reluctant to reply you.

You're replying to something I never said, so I don't know how to give an appropriate response. My point are clear cut, don't twist, add or substract from it. Since education isn't the only key to being successful, I suggest you don't send your kids to school at all or maybe send them to rubbish schools.

You guys should quit trying to put down these schools, quality speaks for itself. The fact not all kids of such schools eventually go on to succeed, doesn't mean most wont succeed. A school can only equip you with the necessary tools, what you make of those tools determines where you end up.

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 24, 2014
Iwobaoko. Don't mind them. Wish stupid connection are u making. I was in the same class wiv them osipitan, ibidapo obes and cosmos madukas son( cosharis) jojo, late Dipo Dinas children, just to mention a few. Which connection I don make Shioooor. Everybody is fighting for his head. Nobody wants to be a liability.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by wandeay: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: Yea but what about him?? compared to Obasanjo or the Black Scorpion or Abacha. What did he achieve that his peers who did not go to Eton did not achieve.

I am not aware that he went to Eton by the way

ur school or education does not determine the amount of achievement you can have, only that education can contribute to success, besides, Ojukwu achieved alot, get to know more about him. And do you know that he was a highly skilled multi-linguist, Eton and travelling around the world must have contributed to that etc

The fact is, those schools does not only charge you for academics but also for other aspects of educational curriculum, sports, annual local and foreign excursion, foreign languages, exposure, equipped library, modern facility laboratories, intellectual, A-level certificate, etc It's left for the child to take advantage of this and utilize it. Also, the students that attend such schools are not concerned about success anymore because, they are already successful, only they may want to be more successful. Most of them will not be power-egocentric and may not even reside or attend universities in Nigeria. All fingers are not equal.

I witnessed an excursion to a university sometimes ago where student from JSS classes from a renowned private school, are allowed to handle electron microscope, to my greatest surprise, they performed a quick experiment and came out with excellent results without being assisted by anyone, whereby, there are some university students who are in biological sciences who can't handle a hand lens. One thing is sure, the wil always be a big difference, those schools determines your class in the society.
cheers..

4 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by uzolexis(f): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2014
there are 2 secondary schools in Nigeria, LGHS (louisville girls high school) Ogun state and others grin
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ballydan37: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2014
Olodo's skul's ask dem wt is a noun dem go begin define ice cream nd mr biggs. Ask dem d capital of lagos nah abuja go b d ansa!!!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2014
Sagamite:

Chrisland produced Shollypopz and she ended up in Fisk University. undecided

And older friend of mine that moved back to Nigeria and sends his kids to one of the top 2 there (I am not sure which), said as best as they (the British school) are in Nigeria, what they offer that he is paying for is what he would get for free if he was living in an average upper-middle class neighbourhood in the UK.

Yet you see Nigerians opening their mouths to make excuses, I believe most Nigerians deserve every consequence stemming from their indifference to their welfare.

Lucky me, my mum made sure we all attended Federal Government schools, they are the only schools that you can at least find the tiniest bit of quality.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by slap1(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2014
uzolexis: there are 2 secondary schools in Nigeria, LGHS (louisville girls high school) Ogun state and others grin
Keep saying it, you might convince yourself before December.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Konjour(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2014
Well, if you bring up such a topic that shows how much some people can afford to pay for the

education of their kids in Nigeria where the minimum wage is just over $100 a month or so, and

where life and their government has been unfair to millions for eons, a country where 20 billion

can be stolen by a politician and no one bats an eyelid, you don't expect people to see the sense

in spending such extortionate amounts of money, do you?

'If you have the money, send your kids there' is a fair suggestion but if I think of Lagos, probably

less than 1% of the 20 million that live there can afford such and that is a reflection of the whole

country. Its true that these schools are more of status symbols and they do churn out more

cliques than they churn out kids who can hold their own in a deceitful and cold world.

Personally, even if I have the money, my kids will definitely benefit from having a rich dad, but i

also want them to be able to work hard on their own, to be able to blend into any scene, be it on

the posh divide or the 'street' divide, I would want kids who are tough nuts to crack and not faint-

hearted kids who won't survive a day in the school of life's hard knocks. There's almost nothing

as self-fulfilling knowing that you made it thus far because you deserve it by virtue of your work

and sweat whilst driven on by the determination to succeed than knowing fully well that you got

to where you are cuz your dad pushed some 'buttons'. Everything's got its pros and cons.

5 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by uzolexis(f): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2014
slap1: Keep saying it, you might convince yourself before December.

grin grin grin
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by agamenon(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2014
You are an idiot.The truth is that where you attended school has nothing to do with the genius in you.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by lertee(f): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2014
Thomas Adewunmi College in Oko,Kwara statefallsin this category.

I do not see anything wrong in sending a child to one of such schools as long as one can afford it and also maintain the fuzz that comes with it.

Personally though,I'd prefer a command secondary school or a federal government college. In schools like this,a child mixes with kids of varying backgrounds,he is smart and learns to be independent at very early stage.

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by NaLaugh: 10:06am On Aug 24, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

I disagree with you on the above. It is not mostly for networking unless you have another meaning for that key word.

While that might not be the primary goal, i understand exactly what that person meant.

I attended a very small private school in Kano where Most of the students had last names like Dangote, Dantata, Buhari, Abacha, Kwankwaso, Kabo, Chanchangi and very many more in that league.
Haven grown up with these heirs to the throne, it makes it relatively easy to have "access" (if you need it).

I live less than 4 miles from Harvard University, and very many who attend Harvard (or any Ivy league school) aren't there exclusively for superior education. They ARE there to network. You see, graduates from certain schools are generally the industry leaders, and if you connect with them from the start, you have future "access"

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Smily202(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2014
After reading all the cork and bull story. ..
I decided to make my own contributions. ..

1: The school is very good if u can afford to send your child in there...Its true all soup na soup , Better soup na money make am.
2: I disagree with some of you that say.. Students there are far way smart than others in local school. ...U must to attend those school to be the best u can be...the only thing is that. .they will giv u necessary tools to embark on ur journey for being successful. .also connections. ..because if to say ..they r the best..why am I not hearing about them being in politics or any other aspects to make Nigeria a better place... if really they are all smart. .

3: God will lift u up...weda poor or rich..if u try hard to succeed. ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.