Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple (2201 Views)

My Colleague And I Are Sleeping With The Same Girl - Should I Tell Him? / Help!!my Friend And I Are Addicted To Having Sex With Prostitutes, / Help Help! My Boyfriend And I Are In Danger Of Committing Serious Fornication! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by biolabee(m): 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2008
emiemi thanks for the reply.
hwever i think the issue should be looked at in a 360 view

youve mentioned the following

1. The point about the relatives is right but caution is required on this issue as it is quite sensitive. I personally have no problems with them as i was raised for  much of my life by diff pple and will do my best to help other of my members.
The other downside is that if it is from ur inlaws side it may further alienate the family and even draw ur hubby into his shell.
So you need much negotiation and wisdom on that side. Such things are better done by 2 of u rather than good cop,bad cop,

However that is still not responsible for the gap btw u n ur hubby

2. I dont know how long the marriage is but for there to be a kid i'm looking at 3+ yrs(incl. courtship etc) so some boredom may have come  into the relationship. I'd suggest sth like what biznesses call a strategy session where you move on a vacation out of ur typical environment and discuss goals n objectives free of normal nusiances.His need for space at times would also be on the agenda so it will be mutual.
Benefits of this  can be reignited love life, bonding with the kid and importantly boundaries on commuincation.(to you, his kid) girl u need to set boundaries how can ur hubby be chatting with u in the same house. the downside is the cost but at this point it is urgent.

I pray you find ur way,
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by ima1(f): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2008
there was this little trick i use to play on my senior sister when she pissed me off and since i am the only one who has a broad knowledge about computers, they usually call me to fix their computer issues, what i did was go into the router and disable the wireless signal from broadcasting and when she tried to go on the internet, it would not work, and she would have to call me to repair it, so i say go to google and find out how to disable the wireless or LAN connection on your husband's computer anytime you want to talk to him, or anytime you want, that should do the trick without making you seem like a nagging wife.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by JJYOU: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
ask your husband help in sending them away nicely, make sure you explain to themvery well that it is your decision to build a better marraige. i am all for helping family but against people who are inconsiderate to young couples
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by biolabee(m): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2008
ima1:

there was this little trick i use to play on my senior sister when she pissed me off and since i am the only one who has a broad knowledge about computers, they usually call me to fix their computer issues, what i did was go into the router and disable the wireless signal from broadcasting and when she tried to go on the internet, it would not work, and she would have to call me to repair it, so i say go to google and find out how to disable the wireless or LAN connection on your husband's computer anytime you want to talk to him, or anytime you want, that should do the trick without making you seem like a nagging wife.

Be careful this can backfire,
Some things are better discussed.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by emiemi(f): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2008
ok peeps, i'd work on it. pls support wit your prayers smiley thanks
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by soulamanne(m): 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2008
this has been really interesting and edcative. am far from gettin married so i dont think i ve a say since someone has yabbed pple like us who advise.i just say goodluck as u fight to take ur man from the e thing!
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by webman(m): 6:29pm On Oct 27, 2008
ONE  NEEDS TO BE FOCUSED WHEN IT COMES TO INTERNET STUFFS,   angry
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by realcele: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2009
Computer is very addictive and if you do any programming then you still have a lot to complain about. Web development is very challenging and there are more things to learn you might find that your husband does is programming in his head even while talking on of different issues, that is how bad programming can be. Sorry if i bore you i just thought i should brief you about how addictive computers are as i am into computing and i can spent whole day on it when i come back home from a full day computer work am back on the screen till around 11pm it is even worst if i need a programming solution.

On your husband side you need to talk to him, use the chat line as i will count you lucky because he still chat with you online which shows he is still interested ( he might be having affair online but at most not yet close undecided) . You can invite him for a night or weekend out on his less busy weekend and talk about what you want and how you feel things are going which you dont like but pending on that you need to accept that some people are married to their job and if you into computing especially progamming you dont have much choice is marriage by force if you want to advance. If he spend time with his daughters then great as this shows he still have you people in mind and he might think you are happy with e-coupling but you need to speak to him he does not matter whether you do it online or otherwise, he sleeps, baths, eat then you can still get 5/10 minutes of his time he does not matter. I think the best is to work on going on holiday even if its one week in a year to have his 75% undiluted attention.

I strongly dont feel he is avoiding you but am not in your shoes so you will know better but my advice go with his flow, get yourself a nice laptop and embark on a nice e-suite(e.g e-coupling), life on the e-world is interesting. Guys generally have a nice way of being persistence so be persistence on his e-couple thing in a nice and loving way especially when in good mood i bet you he won't notice you are nagging. Have a look and attention on how he react this will give you clues.

You even forgot to say how long this has being going on for? If it is recent then it might be the project he is in.

I wish you the best and enjoy the e-world it won't last forever and Remember Bill Gates talked about paperless world but people still prints those electronic document out to read.

On his Gaming online as long as it is not a betting game it good, it builds the logical brain of programmers.

On your relatives that depends watch how he reacts at times some men feel trapped even in their own house when relatives are round but you need to watch that if you can afford it you can accomadate the elseware it is always better for couples to stay together especially if your marriage is very young or you can inform your relatives to stay in their domain when he is back form work.

grin Seems am on you husband side, not really i just find that women complain about things that dont bother men. Men can easily go with the flow and worry occasionally

Enjoy

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Do, If People Don't Treat You Right In Life? / Why Do Nigerians See Girls That Smoke As Bad Girls? / Women Don't Respect Men Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.