Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

IFY - A Romantic Thriller - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IFY - A Romantic Thriller (54733 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Ify , A Romantic Thriller Continuation . / 17 Awosika-a Crime/action Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by anasbeaut(f): 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
cry cry cry nawa for some guys sha.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Ormorlehwah(f): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
anasbeaut: cry cry cry nawa for some guys sha.
Hmmmmmm........ Abi nao

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Vince dnt break my ify's heart cry

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
anasbeaut: cry cry cry nawa for some guys sha.

Ormorlehwah: Hmmmmmm........ Abi nao

balispecial: Vince dnt break my ify's heart cry

embarassed cry lipsrsealed
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
“Vince, please tell me the truth, did you ever love me at all? Or were you just interested in having a fling?”

No response.

“I knew it! I was warned but I didn’t listen. I was told you are like this but I didn’t believe. Vince, the most shocking part is that you are not even moved by my tears. I thought you loved me. God! How come you are like this?”

What was she talking about now? Who warned her? Who told her what about me?

“What are you talking about?” I snapped at her.

“Nothing. Never mind. I think I will be going now.” Her voice had steel in it. It was as if the whole scenario just took another turn.

Sniffing, she stood up and started gathering her things. She stopped sniffing, picked up her handkerchief and dried her eyes with it. She picked her purse from where she kept it on top my desk. Then she made for the door.

I sprang up. “C’mon will you come back here?! Where do you think you are going? Who told you what about me?” I barked angrily at her.

She walked past me but I grabbed her by her right hand and forcefully pulled her back.

“Are you not listening to me? Will you sit down there?! I said, who told you what about me? So you have been listening to gossip, right?!” I was now very aggressive.

She looked at me and hissed. She was suddenly a changed person. I didn’t see it coming but I suddenly felt a thunderous bolt of fear rip through my heart from the cold look of indifference she gave me now. I slowly let go of her hand.

She sat down. We stared at each other for awhile. Then she hissed again and slowly looked away indifferently, and said, “My friends told me to watch it. They said men are not to be trusted. They told me to be careful and take it easy with you but I thought you were different…”

I flared up. “You are not telling me anything yet! I get the feeling that someone who really knows me told you something about me and I demand to know who that person is!”

She kept quiet. There was something about the way she was behaving so coldly towards me now that was making me very uncomfortable. She was now treating me as if I never existed.

Finally she said, “Well, if you must know, your neighbor Mama Chinwe told me everything…”

“Wait a minute… oho, I thought as much! I should have known! You mean to tell me you’ve been listening to that old hag? What did she tell you now?”

“She told me the truth. She told me everything. I should have believed her!”

“What truth? Oh let me see… the nosey and stupid woman told you I’m not going marry you, didn’t she?” I sparked. “What is the problem with you girls? Marriage, marriage, marriage, that’s all you know and that’s all you want! God! Must every relationship end up in marriage for Christ’s sake? Please give me a break. Why can’t a man have peace without bothering about some other girl wanting him to marry her…?”

“Marriage…? Hmm…” she hissed derisively. “Vincent, can you hear yourself talk? Tell me, what girl in her right senses will ever want to marry you?” Now, that was a heavy blow. It completely flattened me. My big ego has been badly punctured. And I am now Vincent.

“Well, that’s it! Finally! You’ve made it easier for me. If that’s how you see it, I think you better start going. It was really nice knowing you.” I said in dismissal as I tried to sound tough.

I sat down on the bed, completely deflated—and defeated.

“Of course, I will go. In fact, I’m already on my way but before I go I think I have to tell you some things you really need to know. First, you need to grow up. Really. You said I am pathetic but you are the one who is really pathetic. How old are you now? Twenty eight… right?

“Although you might be thinking you are still a boy but I am telling you, you should know that you are already a full grown man and the earlier you start acting like one, the better for you. You should be thinking about the future—I mean; your own future.

“Maybe you think you are having fun now, going around the whole Enugu, having sex with anything that walks in skirts, stringing along and breaking the hearts of different girls, thinking you have it all now because you have that your playboy friend, what’s that his stupid name again? Yes, Eze or whatever he calls himself! But you should remember what the Igbo proverb says about the rat that follows the lizard to swim?”

Dâmn it! I knew exactly what she was alluding to with that proverb.

“Thank you madam, I have heard you. Can you start going now? Thank you so much for your advice but I want you to know I will not stand here and watch you disparage my friends but all the same, thanks again for your advice. I’ve heard you. You can now go. Yes, go! Now!”

She stood up and said, “I am going. How I wish you knew how much I loved you. It’s a pity but I hope that one day you will finally come to realize that you don’t know what you have until it’s gone. I wish you luck—in whatever next you choose to do with your life. But I must say I don’t pity you at all. I only pity the next girl you are going to destroy. Goodbye Vincent.”

And then she left.

I was completely shattered. The truth hurts, most especially when it is the bitter truth. She was very blunt with the truth. She was telling me to cut my coat according to my size. She was telling me to look before I leap. That’s the meaning of that Igbo proverb. She was also telling me to stop kidding myself. I suddenly felt a very big hole in my heart. What have I just done? I felt like a loser. I felt troubled. I felt fear—from a very terrifying deep sense of loss.

Maybe I should just call her back immediately to explain myself to her?

Shut up there, my friend! Can you listen to yourself talk? Call her and tell her what? I think it’s too late for that. Didn’t you hear her say she’s done with you? You fool, when will you learn? Just look at what you’ve done to yourself now! You know you are finished this time around, don’t you?

That was my conscience deep from my subconsciousness speaking loudly to me.

I moved to the refrigerator and opened it but I stared blankly at the bottle of Amarula cream liqueur I kept inside there. I had bought it to celebrate with her on the occasion of my successfully completing the one-month probation period eleven days ago.

The Management has finally provided me with the keys to a two-bedroom self-contained apartment at Independence Layout plus a brand new 14-inch HP Pavilion TouchSmart laptop as promised and I wanted to show all of them to Ify. I wanted to surprise her. I had placed the keys on a plate and carefully arranged it beside the bottle inside the refrigerator. My plan was that she will open the fridge and see the keys on the plate and I was looking forward to the excitement I would see in her eyes.

To hell with your stupid surprise! Looks like you are going to drink alone now, you fool…

Don’t mind him. You did the right thing. Let her go. Didn’t you hear what she said about you? She called you a fool. She said you are not fit to be anybody’s husband. Oh man, she really dissed you. Look at what she did to you. She even went behind your back and listened to people saying terrible things about you. And of all people to listen to, it was Mama Chinwe she chose. Leave her. Forget her. She is not worth it. Come and drink with me. At least, you are free. Yes. Free. Free. Free as you have always wanted to be. Don’t sweat it. Girls come, girls go. C’mon man. Don’t tell me you are missing her already? More girls will be coming your way soon as usual and they will even come tonight, if you so want it. Cheer up, man… yes, come and have that drink with me!

That was my ego speaking loudly to me.

I tried to cheer myself up. I couldn’t. It didn’t come as a surprise to me. I knew I had lost it this time. Maybe I should go and tell her what the problem really was? I quickly dismissed the thought.

No, no need. No need explaining yourself to anybody. You have your own life to live and they have theirs to live. Besides, you are the man. You shouldn’t blink first. Think of it, how would that make you look? After all she might just be bluffing and hoping you will call her and beg her. And if you do that, she’s had you—forever—and I believe you know what that means!

Yes, that’s true. Let her go. I have to move on. I have always moved on. But I wasn’t so convinced this time around.

She’s gone for good. I saw it in her eyes. I know you saw it too. You’ve lost her. Just look at what you’ve done to yourself now?

Shït!

I slowly closed the fridge without touching the Amarula anymore. My mouth felt so dry. I have completely lost appetite—for anything—for everything.

I moved closer to my bed and lay down. I was beginning to feel somewhat dizzy. Maybe I should sleep and when I wake up, everything will be okay. I closed my eyes to sleep. Sleep didn’t come. I stood up again and paced around the small room.

Admit it Vince. Just admit it. You know you are a fool.

No, no, no, it’s not possible. I shook my head vehemently. I am not a fööl. I cannot be a fööl. At least, not that type of fööl. In fact, I have never been a fööl—well, not since that last time…

My friend, stop wasting your time! Call her and apologize immediately. The earlier; the better…

Hey man, don’t listen to him! Don’t ever do that, okay? Where’s your pride? Look at the way she insulted you. A whole you! And she even had the audacity to insult your man Eze too. What insolence!

But you know what she said was the truth? You are not on the same level with Eze. You will never be. Eze is the lizard. You are nothing but a rat. A godforsaken rat for that matter! Face it. You know it’s true. Eze can and will always swim to safety. But you as the rat can only drown. And she was right. You are no longer a child.

Okay, you can call her if that’s the case but don’t say I didn’t warn you and don’t come lamenting and start disturbing me when she starts controlling you. I don’t know why you can’t see it. You’ve done the right thing. You’ve finally gotten rid of the jealous bitch. Okay, okay, okay, she’s not a bitch but then she’s not an angel either. Look at the way she looked at you then. As if you are nothing and completely worthless. Is that the type of girl you want? Oh man, rejoice for you are now free. You needed your space. You have it now. That is what matters. Smell the air now and tell me what you smell…

I smell her perfume.

No you are wrong. You smell your freedom. Ah! Don’t tell me you don’t like it. Besides, she’s not even that exciting in bed anymore… so what are you eventually going to miss? Nothing, my man, absolutely nothing…

Admit it Vince. You are the biggest fool. Ever! And you know it!

Oh shït! My head was hurting. I couldn’t keep up with the internal debate going on in my head. I stood up from the bed. I knew what I was going to do. First, I’m going to drench myself in alcohol. Then I will have a sound sleep. It will help me clear my head. I quickly grabbed a shirt and threw it on my back. There was no need buttoning them up.

Then I stopped. I can’t even bring myself to go the bar where I normally went to relax. We always went there together. I will still see her there.

Oho, now you see? You see what I’m saying…? Admit it Vince. You know you are a complete idiöt.

Don’t listen to him. You did the right thing. How can she be there? She’s gone. She’s gone… gone as in completely gone out of your life!

Okay how does that make you feel now?

I feel so empty.

That’s because you’ve not eaten. Man, go and eat. And then drink. Trust me; by the time you are through with your drinks, you will hardly remember if there was any clingy bitch that wants to run your life for you. You just have to move on.

Yes. That’s what I know how to do so well. I am going to move on. I reluctantly closed the door behind me and started walking towards that same bar we used to go.

I am a man and not a boy. A man faces his fears. It doesn’t matter if I still think she’s there because I know she’s not. In fact, she’s just a mere shadow now. I cannot run away from a mere shadow. A man cannot run from a mere shadow.

And I am a man. I’m going to show her I am not a boy. I’m going to show her what a man does. I am not going to miss her at all. I am moving on. She now belongs to my past.

My conscience started laughing derisively at me.

to be continued...

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Flakkydagirl: 4:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
I enjoy the tantalizing string i feel each time i read your piece.Your words are swift,meaningful and thoughts provoking...

And you invoke passion and emotion with your acts.

You rock man.

4 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Flakkydagirl: I enjoy the tantalizing string i feel each time i read your piece.Your words are swift,meaningful and thoughts provoking...

And you invoke passion and emotion with your acts.

You rock man.

Babe, me too...

Your wordz send me into or.ga.sm.ic oblivion!

You rock babe? You rock? Of course, I want you to rock!!!

I told you it's a romantic thrilla

Ha haa.... grin
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Abuklaw(m): 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
I saw this coming though. Vince can break heart oooo but nemesis is a bastard, he shall come and claim his right when less expected. You know what I mean!

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by LeoFish92(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
Abuklaw: I saw this coming though. Vince can break heart oooo but nemesis is a bastard, he shall come and claim his right when less expected. You know what I mean!

and I was wondering KARMA or NEMESIS...which of them is more of a bastard. One of them, I'm sure is surely gonna catch up with Vince 'McMahon'

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
CHAPTER 15

At the office the next day, everybody noticed something was wrong with me. Lucy noticed I didn’t want to play with her. Mike noticed I wasn’t concentrating on any of his bland stories. Ikenna noticed I was not going to talk about his favorite topic of sex and women. David noticed I was late to work. My students noticed I was easily irritated.

They were really concerned. Clearly, none of them liked to see me gloomy. They felt that I was not my usual boisterous self. Even David, the taciturn, tried to cheer me up. That was strange because he was usually a very reserved guy who could hardly come out of himself. I could see they were really worried. They tried to see what they could do to restore me to my usual happy state. I told them I will like to be left alone.
They left me alone.

When I was through with my morning class, I went inside my office, closed the door behind me and locked it. I know it is going to pain Lucy. It will be like breaching my ‘open door’ policy which I had maintained since my first day.

I had some serious thinking to do. I gently sat down and started thinking about what had happened between Ify and I and the things she said to me. She said I am the pathetic one. She said I should grow up. She said I should start thinking about my future. She said no right thinking girl would ever want to get married to me. What else did she say?

It hurt me so badly. I may be a very jovial, social and very easy-going person on the outside but one thing most people don’t know about me is that I am a very sensitive person and words can hurt me so much. If those things she said about me were actually what she thought of me, then I think I am seriously doomed. Useless. Worthless. Of course, that’s exactly what she thought because I saw it in her eyes.

She said she loved me so much and it pained her I couldn’t see it. She said she hoped I would one day discover what I had lost. She said she had no pity for me but for the next girl she said I was going to destroy. The next girl I was going to destroy! Where did she get that from?

Of course, she got it from Mama Chinwe, no doubt! Didn’t she say people warned her I was like this? She said Mama Chinwe warned her, didn’t she?

Mama Chinwe! I had to learn the hard way. I couldn’t believe that woman could go that far. I didn’t know she hated me like this. It’s true. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

But then again, how could I not have known that she was going to talk and listen to Mama Chinwe? Women! Maybe I should have warned her about Mama Chinwe. Now who knows what else she must have told her?

I started thinking about Mama Chinwe. Mama Chinwe is my neighbor. When I moved into the compound newly, she was among the first set of people I quickly established a solid rapport with.

Her husband was not always around all the time because he was a commercial bus driver. She was very kind and so nice to me. Looking at her, you would never believe she already had four cute kids because she looked so young too. Her figure was still very much intact. I guess she married very early. Or she looks so young for her age, maybe?

The fact that her husband was not around also opened her up for a certain type of temptation. I occasionally flirted with her and I could see she loved it because oftentimes, she flirted back.

One thing I have noticed about most married women is that they suffer from serious lack of attention. People often think that because they are married, they are off-limits. People often think they are getting all the attention they needed from their husbands. I know that most times, that is not usually the case.

I know that they are still women so oftentimes; I still try to give them some form of attention, if and when the situation arises. Of course, I don’t let things get deep because I respect their marriage vows. Thou shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.

Mama Chinwe was very helpful. She was the one who helped me settle in very well in the compound. She encouraged her children to run errands for me. Sometimes, she would even bring me food. Sometimes, I will buy gifts for her and even send airtime credits to her for making calls.
Sometimes I will buy some gifts and clothes for her children too. Sometimes I will help her kids with their homework. Sometimes I would fetch water for her or split firewood for her. Some other times I also did electrical repairs for her. She always showed her appreciation effusively.

Such was our relationship. She is a very virtuous woman and she had so much respect and love for her husband so apart from our occasional light flirting, she didn’t do anything that would encourage me to push further. I liked her for that.

As our familiarity grew, it came to a point where she started telling me that I should go and marry so that I will have someone to be cooking for me. She told me that she could not cope with cooking for her family and cooking for me too. Of course, it was a joke but I know people can still tell you their mind while making it seem like a joke.

Anytime she mentions such a thing, I would normally try to counter by telling her that I am desperately searching for such a homely girl who can cook very well just the way she does. She will laugh and tell me to stop joking because there was no way I could convince her that none of the girls she has seen me with are not very good cooks. I will then counter again by telling her that the problem is not that they are not good but rather it was just that none of them could match or challenge her when it comes to preparing tasty delicious meals.

She would laugh because she knew I was praising and complimenting her. She will then tell me that I should get ready to marry her younger sister because her sister is even a better cook than her. I would then tell her that I am looking forward to making her sister my wife. It was supposed to be a joke. I thought it was a joke. I didn’t know it had gone beyond a joke. Women could be funny at times. I didn’t know she was dead serious.

to be continued...

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2014
At the office the next day, everybody noticed something was wrong with me. Lucy noticed I didn’t want to play with her. Mike noticed I wasn’t concentrating on any of his bland stories. Ikenna noticed I was not going to talk about his favorite topic of sex and women. David noticed I was late to work. My students noticed I was easily irritated.

They were really concerned. Clearly, none of them liked to see me gloomy. They felt that I was not my usual boisterous self. Even David, the taciturn, tried to cheer me up. That was strange because he was usually a very reserved guy who could hardly come out of himself. I could see they were really worried. They tried to see what they could do to restore me to my usual happy state. I told them I will like to be left alone. They left me alone.

When I was through with my morning class, I went inside my office, closed the door behind me and locked it. I know it is going to pain Lucy. It will be like breaching my ‘open door’ policy which I had maintained since my first day.

I had some serious thinking to do. I gently sat down and started thinking about what had happened between Ify and I and the things she said to me. She said I am the pathetic one. She said I should grow up. She said I should start thinking about my future. She said no right thinking girl would ever want to get married to me. What else did she say?

It hurt me so badly. I may be a very jovial, social and very easy-going person on the outside but one thing most people don’t know about me is that I am a very sensitive person and words can hurt me so much. If those things she said about me were actually what she thought of me, then I think I am seriously doomed. Useless. Worthless. Of course, that’s exactly what she thought because I saw it in her eyes.

She said she loved me so much and it pained her I couldn’t see it. She said she hoped I would one day discover what I had lost. She said she had no pity for me but for the next girl she said I was going to destroy. The next girl I was going to destroy! Where did she get that from?

Of course, she got it from Mama Chinwe, no doubt! Didn’t she say people warned her I was like this? She said Mama Chinwe warned her, didn’t she?

Mama Chinwe! I had to learn the hard way. I couldn’t believe that woman could go that far. I didn’t know she hated me like this. It’s true. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

But then again, how could I not have known that she was going to talk and listen to Mama Chinwe? Women! Maybe I should have warned her about Mama Chinwe. Now who knows what else she must have told her?

I started thinking about Mama Chinwe. Mama Chinwe is my neighbor. When I moved into the compound newly, she was among the first set of people I quickly established a solid rapport with.

Her husband was not always around all the time because he was a commercial bus driver. She was very kind and so nice to me. Looking at her, you would never believe she already had four cute kids because she looked so young too. Her figure was still very much intact. I guess she married very early. Or she looks so young for her age, maybe?

The fact that her husband was not around also opened her up for a certain type of temptation. I occasionally flirted with her and I could see she loved it because oftentimes, she flirted back.

One thing I have noticed about most married women is that they suffer from serious lack of attention. People often think that because they are married, they are off-limits. People often think they are getting all the attention they needed from their husbands. I know that most times, that is not usually the case.

I know that they are still women so oftentimes; I still try to give them some form of attention, if and when the situation arises. Of course, I don’t let things get deep because I respect their marriage vows. Thou shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.

Mama Chinwe was very helpful. She was the one who helped me settle in very well in the compound. She encouraged her children to run errands for me. Sometimes, she would even bring me food. Sometimes, I will buy gifts for her and even send airtime credits to her for making calls. Sometimes I will buy some gifts and clothes for her children too. Sometimes I will help her kids with their homework. Sometimes I would fetch water for her or split firewood for her. Some other times I also did electrical repairs for her. She always showed her appreciation effusively.

Such was our relationship. She is a very virtuous woman and she had so much respect and love for her husband so apart from our occasional light flirting, she didn’t do anything that would encourage me to push further. I liked her for that.

As our familiarity grew, it came to a point where she started telling me that I should go and marry so that I will have someone to be cooking for me. She told me that she could not cope with cooking for her family and cooking for me too. Of course, it was a joke but I know people can still tell you their mind while making it seem like a joke.

Anytime she mentions such a thing, I would normally try to counter by telling her that I am desperately searching for such a homely girl who can cook very well just the way she does. She will laugh and tell me to stop joking because there was no way I could convince her that none of the girls she has seen me with are not very good cooks. I will then counter again by telling her that the problem is not that they are not good but rather it was just that none of them could match or challenge her when it comes to preparing tasty delicious meals.

She would laugh because she knew I was praising and complimenting her. She will then tell me that I should get ready to marry her younger sister because her sister is even a better cook than her. I would then tell her that I am looking forward to making her sister my wife. It was supposed to be a joke. I thought it was a joke. I didn’t know it had gone beyond a joke. Women could be funny at times. I didn’t know she was dead serious.

It was one Friday night when I went over to their house to watch Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? on NTA that I saw a very sweet looking young girl in their house. Mama Chinwe quickly introduced us. She told me this was her sister, Charity, the one she was telling me about. She turned to Charity and told her that this was Chukwuma, the incurable bachelor and gourmet she was telling her about.

We both laughed and exchanged pleasantries. Occasionally I will steal some glances at Charity. I could also see Mama Chinwe was also silently observing us. Sometimes, when our eyes met, she will smile knowingly at me.

Of course, she knew how much I love women, most especially beautiful women. All men do. I have told her so myself. She has seen me with them. Her sister was very pretty too. Probably, she was hoping I was going to like her.

The next morning, Mama Chinwe called me aside and told me that the reason why her sister came all the way from their place in Ihiala to Enugu was for her to attend a very good extramural class so that she can write her WAEC exam and make her papers once and for all. She called her sister to come and greet me again. She came out and greeted me. I noticed she was very shy.

“This Chukwuma you see here is a mathematics wizard. Charity, thank God, your luck has shined today because he is going to see to it that you don’t have any more problems with your maths again, Chux is that not so?”

“Why? Sure!”

Charity smiled. God! I love her dimples already. And her full brәasts…

“Okay, I think I can leave both of you now so that she will talk freely. Chukwuma, don’t mind her, she’s not shy. She’s just pretending. I think you have some questions you will like to ask her? Chukwuma, she’s now under your care and protection…”

There was a hook in her voice and she was also looking at me in a strange way as she said that but I guess I didn’t read much meaning into it.
I took Charity aside and started asking her some questions. I wanted to know the areas in mathematics she found difficult. She was still shy. She told me everything about math scares her. I told her not to worry again because I will see what I can do. She told me that English was also her problem. I told her I could handle that one too.

That same evening, Mama Chinwe, true to her words, called me to eat with them. I came in and sat down and she treated me with a full plate of rice and beans with stew and beef. The aroma of the stew was so rich and pleasant.

Afterwards, she asked me if I loved the meal. I told her this was her best ever. She told me it was prepared by Charity. I couldn’t believe my ears. The food was so tasty. Much to the pleasure of Mama Chinwe, I showered encomiums on Charity and told her to keep it up. She just smiled in a very shy manner.

Later, together, Charity and I designed a timetable for our lessons. I didn’t actually notice it at first but Charity was gradually spending more time in my place. I was teaching her mathematics. I quickly discerned she was not a fast learner. In fact, when it came to academics, much to my greatest disappointment and embarrassment, she was very dull.

Although I managed to keep my misgivings about her preparations and readiness for the exam to myself, it really pained me that she was still talking about how to do runs which means to engage in examination malpractice rather than focusing on studying very hard to pass. Anyway, I don’t just get it but some people just don’t learn from their past mistakes.

She was more interested in watching the Nollywood movies I have rather than solving the past English comprehension questions I gave her. Sometimes, I will indirectly try to caution her and get her to focus on the task ahead but because I don’t like forcing my opinion or will on anybody, I just kept quiet most of the time.

Besides, she knows how to sulk and make me waste a lot of time cajoling her like a baby to get her back to work. Sometimes I even have to buy presents for her to agree to continue studying. I hated it because of the way she made it look like she was the one doing me a favor by agreeing to be my student. Anyway, I don’t blame her after all her sister started it. Chukwuma, she’s now under your care and protection.

One day, while I was painstakingly explaining logarithm to her, I saw from her facial expression that she wasn’t following anymore so I told her to take a break. She happily stood up and made straight for my TV. She turned the telly on before pressing the eject button on the DVD.

Then she saw it. It was the pörnö I was watching last night. Apparently, I forgot to remove it from the DVD due to power outage from PHCN last night.

She brought out the disc and proceeded to give it some full inspection. I sat back and watched her without saying anything.

Finally she turned around, faced me and then said, “So you watch this type of film too?” I was amused by the feigned expression of disgust I saw on her face. Why do women always have to pretend?

“What type of film?” I asked her, feigning my own ignorance.

“This. This nonsense…” she thrust it forward into my face so I could see it.

“Oh… that?” I said indifferently. “Yes, of course, I watch it. Will you like to watch it right now? With me…?” I rolled my eyes at her.

“God forbid!” she vehemently rebuffed. And I burst into a deranged laughter. Her voice and her body language were singing totally discordant tunes.

“Why are you laughing?” she asked me, somewhat discombobulated.

“Nothing,” I said. “Alright, Charity break time is over! Please come back let’s continue with our studies. Unless you agree to watch it with me; no more Nigerian film for you today!” I instructed.

I knew exactly what I was doing. I was purposely making it easier for her to choose by giving her the type of option I was hoping she would like—to take. She feigned disinterest but I could see I got her there.

“Please, let’s continue. You bad boy! I can see you are looking for someone you will put into trouble, huh? Please go and tell whoever sent you, you didn’t see me!” That’s one thing I always love about women. Saying one thing and meaning entirely another thing.

We went back to our study. I didn’t bring up the issue again. I even noticed she was now more mentally alert. Of course, signs of increased internal excitement. Have I now miraculously stumbled upon the antidote to her lack of interest in her studies?

She came back to my place that same night.

Click Here To Continue Reading

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Skybaby: 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
2scorehigh:

Of course, Skybaby. It cannot work on all women! The question is: will it work on you?

And by the way, who is Vince? Who are you calling Vince? shocked
you kno it cant work on me so you need to repeat ur assignment guy.

2 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by seunviju(f): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
Wow,this story is so interesting.keep up the good work
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by anasbeaut(f): 11:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Oga I can see you grin update plsssssss
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Skybaby: you kno it cant work on me so you need to repeat ur assignment guy.

Lead us not into temptation...
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
anasbeaut: Oga I can see you grin update plsssssss

Madam, I can see you too cheesy
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
Sorry guys,

I’ve been down and out…

Even as I type, I'm still on my hospital bed recuperating from the strong two-footed rough tackle on me by the anti spam bot that put me temporarily out of service in both literature and sexuality sections.

So I hope to come back here and start updating immediately I'm back on my two feet...

But not to worry, that doesn't mean the story cannot continue.

Because in the meantime, I have posted it on my own blog.

So you can go there to continue reading...

Click Here to Continue Reading…

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by jayyungg(m): 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
getafe: Despite Ify's intelligence I think she is very cheap 2 hav fallin into Vince's sex trap. Nawa 4 dat her.
I don't even think if U can resist it, because it was a perfect setting. U better not judge.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
jayyungg: I don't even think if U can resist it, because it was a perfect setting. U better not judge.

Thanx Jay. Don't mind getafe. I know she can't. wink tongue shocked
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 17, 2014
2scorehigh:

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 17, 2014
2scorehigh:

what makes you think evry girl is like your Ify?
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 17, 2014
jayyungg: I don't even think if U can resist it, because it was a perfect setting. U better not judge.
well bros am nt judging her oo but I think she's in the right position 2 tell you hw she feels now
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2014
Wow! Looks like I'm back on my two feet. Feels good to walk again...Okay, so where did we stop? Yes, yes, yesss...now I remember. Let's continue please...

At that time it happened, I was expecting Mama Chinwe to ask me what the problem was and what transpired between her sister and I. She didn’t. I only noticed she had started keeping her own distance from me.

I thought it was just one of those things with women and their unpredictable nature so I didn’t mind. I still greeted her but her replies were always very lukewarm. I guess she responded out of mere formality. I got the feeling from the cold way she responded that she would’ve gladly preferred I kept my greetings to myself.

Then without any warning, she started taunting me. Again, I thought it was just one of those things with women and she would soon get tired and stop immediately she noticed that I didn’t pay her any heed. She didn’t. In fact, she involved other women in the taunting game.

Whenever I came back from work, I would overhear them indirectly calling me names like ‘The Honorable Minister of Women Affairs’, ‘Mister Use and Dump’, ‘Jobless He-goat’ in a very derogatory manner but I just ignored them. It became incessant and I knew I had to do something about the whole issue.

One day as I came back to the compound, I overheard Mama Chinwe in the midst of two other cotenants telling them to make sure that they protect their fast maturing daughters from my rampaging assault. When they saw me, they clammed up for awhile, then they started murmuring but my ears are very sharp so I knew what I heard. Immediately I passed, they all burst into a hysterically derisive laughter.

And I didn’t like that. I decided I would start avoiding all of them by coming into the compound through the backyard. I also decided I was going to thrash it out with her. I was contemplating on waiting until her husband comes back so that I would directly report her to him for him to discipline his wife but I decided against it because the man was hardly around so I figured he would not get the full picture of what was going on.
The next morning, I called Mama Chinwe aside and told her I want to have a word with her. She told me to say whatever I wanted to say very fast because she has other important things to do.

“Mama Chinwe,” I began, “I know you are not happy with the way things turned out between Charity and I but I just want you to understand that when it comes to certain things like relationships, a lot of things are supposed to be put into consideration—”

“Chukwuma have you finished what you wanted to say to me?” she cuts in, irritatingly.

“No. I just want you to understand that I am not happy with the way you have been going about this whole thing. As an adult, I thought you would be matured enough to call me and ask me, at least as a friend, what really transpired between your sister and I, but clearly you have chosen to believe whatever your sister told you.”

“Have you finished?!” she sparked.

“Well, it’s just that I want you to know that going around the whole town spreading rumors and wrong information about me and castigating my name is not the best way to go about it. So please, I beg you in the name of God, please stop spoiling my good name.”

She gave out a derisive laughter and then gave me a fierce murderous look and said, “Look at the one who is calling God? Male prostitute like you! Mtcheew! So you even know about God and yet you are busy fornicating and using girls up and down, huh? Did I hear you say your good name? Hmm, what good name, if I may ask? Please don’t make me laugh. Anyway, I don’t blame you…

“Ahem, by the way, this reminds me, Chukwuma please let me also use this opportunity to warn you. I am also begging you, please in the name of God, don’t corrupt my children anymore. Oh yes! Stop sending them to buy for you whatever thing… you know what I am talking about, yes, that thing! Please stop sending them to buy it for you!

“Are you listening to me? Good. Please just stop! In fact, stop sending them on any type of errand. They are not your maid, okay? If you want to have children who will be running errands for you, then go and marry and get your own kids! Leave me and my children alone for goodness sake!

“Oh, and one more thing please, lest I forget, I have been looking for the right time to tell you this. You see Chukwuma; I am not going to stand in your way if you decide to Bleep all the girls in Enugu. Of course, that’s your choice and your business! All I beg of you is to make sure you close your windows and curtains whenever you want to do whatever you want to do with those girls, to avoid spoiling my children for me! Is that clear?!” she scoffed before walking away.

I knew what she was talking about. Sometimes I have sent her kids to buy cöndöms from the nearby chemist for me. How could I have known that those kids were also vöyeurs?

Anyway I got her message. The next time I greeted her, she didn’t bother to reply. Enough was enough. I stopped greeting her.

But her kids kept on coming to my place. Of course, they liked me so much because I play with them a lot and since they were also addicted to my PS2 and the problem was between their mum and me, I didn’t feel like it was justified to throw the kids out. Of course, I love kids so much and I know her kids saw me as their best friend. And yes, I still sent them on certain errands but I was now careful to make sure their mum wasn’t around and it had nothing to do with condoms anymore.

The taunts miraculously stopped. I noticed the women were now respectful and civil towards me. I thought it was better that way. I thought everything had ended.

I was wrong.

to be continued...

2 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by jaymomma(f): 12:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dt woman sef. Na by force to marry?
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Ormorlehwah(f): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
jaymomma: Dt woman sef. Na by force to marry?
Hmmmm...... I wonder ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by seunviju(f): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mama chinwe wish the sister marry am ni no be her fault.Keep up the good work sir
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by yajoe(m): 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
I just came upon this story yesterday, I love everything so far, can't wait to read the next update
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by jayyungg(m): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
@2scorehigh: u 2 gbaski ooooo. You rock big tym. Dedicate an update to me if u don't mind. Singing bring it on by PSQUARE.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by LeoFish92(m): 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
2scorehigh where are the updates??
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Paulv(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
Av been longin to comment 4 a while nau but not able to bcus of band from how ogas .... But i'm free nau,2scorehigh u too much.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
I later became romantically involved with Lovina. She was a banker. The relationship was cruising smoothly for four months until Lovina stormed into my apartment one afternoon with her eyes blazing with fire.

“Where is she?!” she demanded.

“Where is who?” I asked.

“Chux, don’t play with me now because I am not ready for that! Where is she? The girl you have been fooling around with thinking that I wouldn’t know?”

“Lovey, Lovey, why don’t you just calm down?” I said, trying to pet her. “There’s no girl here…”

“Hey! Don’t you patronize me, please! Are you going to deny it? I was informed you were with a girl last night! Where is she?!”

“Wow! Wow! Wow! Wait a minute! Is that why you left your bank to come here? Do you want them to sack you? By the way, who told you that?” I tried to laugh it off.

“Ha ha, see my friend, this is not funny! Who told me is not important. What I want you to know is that I cannot stand you cheating on me! I have told you that several times but it seems you don’t listen! Chukwuma, this is your last warning!”

And with that, she stormed out of the house. Only to return five days later, with so much fury.

I tried to calm her down. She wouldn’t calm down. I asked her what the problem was, and she told me I was the problem. She said she was completely tired of our relationship because it seems it wasn’t leading to anywhere.

“You don’t know what you are saying. How can you say that?”

“So what are we doing, then?”

“I believe we are enjoying the relationship and still in the process of trying to know each other more.”

“So let me ask you one thing, for how long are we going to keep on doing that?”

“What do you mean by that?” I countered, frowning.

“You know what I mean! Are you going to marry me or not?” She dropped it like a bombshell.

“Ha Lovina, you better take it easy! What kind of question is that? My God! What has suddenly come over you?”

“Chukwuma, nothing has come over me. It’s a simple question. And I don’t see any reason why it’s going to be so difficult for you to answer. Are you going to marry me?”

“Lovina, what the Bleep is wrong with you?!” I flared up immediately. “You don’t dare force a man to marry you, okay?! It’s not only improper, it’s also not African or don’t you know that?! By the way, are you the one marrying me or am I the one marrying you?!”

“I don’t care!” she blasted. “You are saying that because it’s easier for you, huh? Don’t you know I’m a woman and my time is passing? All I want to know is whether you are even considering me as your wife in this… this… this… this thing or whatever you think we’re doing! So I ask you again, Mr. Chukwuma Dike, and I believe I am asking you a very simple question, are you going to marry me—or not?!”

Hmm… ultimatum! I thought about it for a few seconds, mellowed down, and shrugged my shoulders. “Well, sorry, I don’t know—for now. I don’t think I have any answer for you right now!” I countered. “But to me, the way I see it, I still think there’s no need to rush,” I quickly added.

“Good. You can call me when you have an answer! Good bye!” She stormed out of the room and out of my life. I never saw her again.

A similar thing happened with Linda. And then with Chioma. And with Cynthia and Ngozi, the two sisters I tried to two-time. And then with Jane. Somehow, all those relationships seemed to have ended abruptly.

And now with Ify…

No wonder! So it was her? So it was Mama Chinwe who has been scaring off and turning some of these girls against me and making them to suddenly give me ultimatums or start demanding I tell them where our relationship was heading, or in some cases, suddenly developing some cold feet and quitting the relationship without looking back?

Wow!

Well, thanks to Ify, I was glad I now knew. I was also glad that I will be moving out very soon to the new apartment where Mama Chinwe will no longer have any of her diabolic influence on any of my relationships again.

For the rest of the day at the office, I remained completely taciturn and lost in deep thoughts. When the time for me to go came, I left without saying goodbye to anybody. It was obvious I was very distraught.

When I entered my room, a part of me wished she will just materialize from the dark so that I will kneel down and apologize and tell her what my problem is, then beg her for forgiveness and then we will make passionate love and then we will go out and…

You can’t be serious, are you? Okay I get it, you are now blaming yourself but you know it’s not entirely your fault, right? Now stop thinking like that and grab a shirt let’s go and have some fun. How many times do I have to tell you that there are so many fishes in the sea?

I grabbed a shirt and threw it on my back. I am going to drink and forget all my sorrows. I am going to stop thinking about her. Yes, I’m going to move on.

And that was exactly what I did.

Life started turning out to be wonderful. For two good weeks, I continued with the pattern. I will come back from the office and then spend the rest of the evening at the bar. It didn’t matter that I was slowly becoming a drunk.

I threw myself fully into my work to completely forget about Ify. Luckily for me, I adapt to changes very fast so it wasn’t entirely surprising to me that I was gradually returning back to my normal self. My colleagues, most especially Lucy, were so happy for me. I was happy too. There was no need suffering them with my moodiness. I knew Lucy wanted me to tell her what the problem was but I felt she was too young to understand—without being judgmental too.

Sometimes I would suddenly feel so lonely and I will find myself thinking about her but I will quickly suppress the thought anytime it happened. Well, I guess she will be missing me too, so let her miss me.

My life now shuttled from my house to the office to the bar and back to my house everyday and it was great!

I was at the bar one evening when I saw her.

to be continued...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles / Wole Soyinka Escorted To Prison In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.