Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

IFY - A Romantic Thriller - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IFY - A Romantic Thriller (54730 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Ify , A Romantic Thriller Continuation . / 17 Awosika-a Crime/action Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by LeoFish92(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
next update please....
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by bollify(m): 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Oga 2scorehigh, at this point I must say this story is one of the best I have read here. However, the rate at wich your update is coming is quiet slow, and it can take your fans somwhere else. Please work on that so we can continue to enjoy you good work. More ink to your pen.

5 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
LeoFish92: 2scorehigh I have a feeling that this your novel is more of your biography, a description of your personal life and sexscapades and ofcourse your ingenuity. in fact you are Vince!
nnaa tank you very much. U just spoke my mind.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2014
Four days later, her phone accidentally fell inside water and got damaged in the process. She needed a replacement. I told her not to worry because I was going to get her another one. But I didn’t tell her when.

Two days later, as I was about to rush off to work to avoid being late, she told me that she was expecting a very important call. I had no time to listen to the nature of the important call. I knew she was indirectly asking me to fulfill my promise to her immediately.

My first mistake was not asking her about the type phone she wanted to buy. My second mistake was giving her my ATM card to withdraw the money.

But I had my reasons. I have convinced myself that if I really wanted to build a relationship with a girl, the first place to start was to build a solid trust. I knew I’ve always had this trust issues with women but I felt like it was time to let go. Besides, a promise is a promise.

So I gave her my PIN and zoomed off. It was while I was at the office that I realized my mistakes and what I have done to myself.

The first two SMS came in while I was in the class so I didn’t even notice. But I noticed the third SMS because it came in when I was back in my office.

I unplugged my phone from the charger to read my messages. They were debit alerts from my bank. I looked at the message clearly and that was when I panicked.

Each of the text messages informed me that the sum of twenty thousand naira has been withdrawn from my bank account thus making it a total of sixty thousand naira! Now this is the height of irresponsibility! What manner of disrespectfulness was this?

My first thought was that Ify wouldn’t have done something so terrible like this, never! I quickly put the whole relationship into perspective. I could see immediately that Sandra will never be the girl for me. No matter what! She is a vampire! And a total lost cause! That’s plain and simple. Let’s just tell ourselves the truth. This must be the real reason why her guy called it quits and not some nonsense cock and bull story about the long distance relationship lack of sәx of a thing!

How could she have withdrawn more than my one-month salary just to buy a phone? Or phones? Or whatever?! Why would she spend so much money on that? Is it because it’s not her money? Or is it because she saw more money and subsequently decided to upgrade? Okay, but why do that without my permission? Of course, I knew that the Samsung phone she was using couldn’t be more than fifteen thousand naira! No… no… no… that’s complete thoughtlessness and it’s completely unacceptable to me!

I was very angered. I was seething with mad rage. Why would she do something like this? Even if she had a very good explanation, why didn’t she tell me first?

Was she trying to be vindictive? Was she punishing me because I refused to give her the money for her hair and the other things she asked for the other day? Why… why… why? But she knew I was saving up to buy the settees that I wanted use in decorating and turning my ‘office’ at home into a living room? Now, how am I sure that she didn’t purposely throw the phone into the water?

Shït! How could she have been playing me like this and I couldn’t even see it? And I’ve always thought I was so clever?

I stood up from my seat and started pacing about the office. I decided to cool down and look at it from another angle since I always consider everything from different angles.

I wanted to understand her motives. I started telling myself that she could actually have a good reason or reasons to do it. But then, what reason could that be? I stopped myself from thinking along that direction because I knew that there is no reason on earth that will justify the simple fact that she didn’t care enough to give me a call before she did what she did.

Then a cold fear suddenly gripped me. She has been planning on running away? That’s it! That’s most likely.

No, wait. I don’t think she was planning on that simply because she didn’t show me any sign of that. But again, she was so slick which was why I couldn’t see the handwriting on the wall.

And she still has my ATM card! In that case, I’d better start rushing to the bank to stop all withdrawals from my account.

No, wait a minute. Her game plan was simply to run me down. It was so obvious. She is a vampire and her only purpose was to suck me dry. Her style was so obvious. She was manipulating me sәxually and emotionally. I could see it now. Just look at the way she would always attempt to placate me with sәx every other time she misbehaves.

I can now see it clearly. I can see her game now. I knew it all along. She’s not the type of woman I want. I must be going mad to think that I even wanted to build a relationship with such a woman. This is a woman who has even specifically told me that she’s not into me. Was that what was pushing me into wanting her so badly on a subconscious level? And I even tried to trust her, in spite of myself? Wonders shall never end!

Ify is the woman for me, not this one. I know her type. She’s a leech and nothing is going to stop her. This very one is the type that will suck a man dry and then move onto the next and then onto the next after that…

How long have I known her? Just three months and we were already like this. How much more of this type of rubbish can I put up with?

No, wait. What if she was actually testing me? Girls do test guys, right? Well, no, no way! It doesn’t work that way with me. Obviously she has failed her own test!

I knew what I was going to do. It’s better I quit the relationship now before things snowball and get out of hand. Lord knows I have tried. If Eze could see me now, I bet he would have a stroke while laughing at me because I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. Worthless sacrifices, it turns out to be. Well, it didn’t matter to me again now because I knew I was only trying to build a relationship.

Yes, I knew I said that I wanted to show her that men are still worth it, which was why I was willing to put up with her shit all this while. Obviously, she wasn’t worth it! Men are not worth it; women are not worth it, either. There’s no point having a relationship. If people in relationship cannot be at least understanding and considerate enough, then why have a relationship at all? What’s the point? Nobody’s actually worth it! Relationships are supposed to be simple. Straightforward. Fun. And satisfying. And definitely not one-sided…

And then I thought about Ify. My Ify! The girl who said I didn’t know how much she loved me. Oh my God! I felt the emptiness again followed by a sudden rush of emotion. Yes, I am going to try to bring Ify back—whatever it takes. That is certainly what I’ll have to do.

I am going to beg her to take me back. It suddenly struck me how much I’ve missed that sweet girl – the woman of my dreams. What was I even thinking to have let her go? Just like that?! My God, how much I have missed that girl!

In all the months I have been with her, never has she given me any sign that she could do something preposterous like what Sandra have just done. I am going tell her everything she needs to know about me, even if it involves teaching her, with the glimmer of hope that things will work out well for both of us. I knew myself and I knew it was not going to be the easiest thing for me to do but at least it’s good for a start.

But first, Sandra has to go.

Get The Full Story Today directly from my Website(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Smashwords(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.com(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.co.uk(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.com(hard copy)

2 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Komzzy1(f): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nice update kudos broda..
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Fourcade(m): 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
#SandraMustGo! angry

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by oka4ugoo: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
Guy u r jst good. Gosh! wat a literary masterpiece, infact i don soak garri with groundnut, cross leg, dey wait for more update. As for dat Sandra, the kind thunder wey go fire am, still dey do press up.

2 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
oka4ugoo: Guy u r jst good. Gosh! wat a literary masterpiece, infact i don soak garri with groundnut, cross leg, dey wait for more update. As for dat Sandra, the kind thunder wey go fire am, still dey do press up.

Chai. Okay na. Abeg no finish am. Jus wait make I rush go bring the sugar and milk. You dey like put am bournvita abi? tongue

Good.

Madam, madam, abeg give dat guy over there, no, not dat one, yes dis one wit big head wey cross leg for dia, yes, give am enuff beans...I dey come! cheesy

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Frankenstein: 7:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
Like WTF! She withdrew money without even informing the guy about the amount. Who the hell does she think she is? I just hope Ify will accept the MC back without too much drama.

By the way, 2scorehigh, I have been boiling inside since you started this Sandra chapter. I dunno but I just hate her, whether she's real or not.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by quenette: 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
#BringBackOurIFY
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Kunzu(m): 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
Need an action group

#bringbackIfy

#u no fit eat and have ur cake back____ladies don show Mr lover as e dey go
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 28, 2014
Are you a writer or an aspiring writer, this workshop is for you...
https://www.nairaland.com/1893739/nairaland-e-workshop-writers---comment-thread
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 7:45am On Sep 28, 2014
I decided that I was never going to ask Sandra what she did with the money. Let her keep it. And let her keep the explanation to herself.
That is if she would still be in your house by the time you come back.

No. I know she will still be there. She will try to manipulate me again with her sәxual powers. That’s her game. Her only game. That’s one place she was sure she could always bring me down. And that’s exactly where I have to start effecting the changes. I am going to take back my powers. This resolution is what I firmly made before I started heading home.

On my way back, I started considering the whole relationship with Sandra. I kept on turning things over in my mind. I couldn’t believe I have been so lame. I couldn’t believe I could have been so blinded that I couldn’t see her faults which, thinking about it now, were so many.

What made me think I could settle down in a relationship with a girl who doesn’t think much of my work and is not even in any way interested in my career, my future, or my ambitions? She doesn’t even ask me what goes on with me at the office or how I am coping. All she was interested in is knowing how much I earn. And I didn’t even see that. And she even went as far as calling my blog stupid, didn’t she?

I wonder what made me not to consider the fact that she often appeared to be lazy and very unserious with that her excessive TV watching? How many times have I come back home only to notice that the house was very untidy? She must have bewitched me so much, I guess, in such a short period of time. She said their school was on holiday but I could recall that Ify was always reading even when her school was on holiday.

I could recollect that she used to listen to me but all that has changed a long time ago but somehow I didn’t notice. Maybe, it was because I was ready to accept her as she was which was why I never complained again anytime I came back and discovered she did not cook anything.

Hmm… this is not me! Come to think of it now, when was the last time she even cooked for me? Yes, I know she’s not my wife but what exactly is she doing in my house?

To think that I was ready to even accept her kleptomania as a normal ‘one of those things’ that will go away anytime soon. Hmm… wonders shall never end! The worst part was the way she made it look like it was no big deal anytime I confronted her. And yes, she was becoming quite materialistic too! And Lord knows how much I steered clear of materialistic women! And yet I was still willing to put up with all that and accepted her?

This is a girl who brazenly flirts with men in my presence and I only chose to ignore. Now, I can see why she kept on asking me if I was angry that day. Of course, she was doing it on purpose and she wanted me to be really really mad!

No… no… no… Eze must never hear this! I know he will mock me till eternity. Even Uchman too! I could remember the accusing look he gave me the day he visited, didn’t see Ify, and when he asked about her whereabouts, I kept mum at first but I later told him we’d gone our separate ways.

Fück Uchman, and fück his spiritual wife theory and whatever he thought about whether I could or couldn’t keep a relationship because I just don’t care anymore! This girl Sandra is not worth it at all! I have learnt from my mistakes. Jesus! I had my chance with Ify and I blew it!

Who was I fooling thinking it would work between us? This is a girl who specifically told me she doesn’t want anything long term and yet I was willing to make her change her mind?

Who was I even trying to deceive? Me? A whole me? Thinking of long term? With such a girl? Hmm… no… no… no… This girl must be something else. She really deserves an award.

How did she do it?

Oh, I see. Of course, I knew how. Anyway, I have always known it was primarily the sәx that got me hooked… that, plus… well, those other nice qualities she had.

She used the sәx to confuse me. No wonder she always thought and knew she could do whatever she did and easily get away with it by giving me a wonderful pleasurable time. And it has always worked—for her!

But then again, I cannot simply wave aside those attractive qualities she had at the beginning—the type of qualities I secretly wished all my women had. Was that what kept me in the trance? Of course! Wow! Thank God for this phone incident! Or else how could I have ever woken up from the deep trance?

Well, now she’s going to see a different me. She’s going to experience my other side as from now on—that mean and cold side of me that I always try to hide from people.

No, in fact, she’s not even worth it. I don’t have to waste that time and energy on her anymore. I have to call it quits. Right away. It’s better that way. Those her qualities shouldn’t count now! Like Eze would often say, a coach is only as good as his last game in charge! So true, brother. I can now clearly see what you actually meant.

I walked up to my door and opened the door.

She was there quite alright. At least she hasn’t or didn’t run away. She was tying a wrapper around her chest. I knew she had nothing else under the wrapper.

If it was before, I would have quickly closed the door behind me and untied those wrappers and while she will be playfully protesting, I would start sückïng her nïpplәs and then slipping my forefinger into her trove to finger her before going down on my knees to…

But that was then.

I just walked past her into the inner room. I didn’t even look at her. She didn’t like that so she followed me in.

“Chux, what’s up—?” she cooed in her sәxy voice that had no effect on me now. She sounded somewhat unsettled. You don’t know me girl. You just wait and see…

“Just give me the card.” I cut her off abruptly in a very low but threatening voice that did very little to hide the spitefulness I felt towards her. I didn’t look at her as I loosened the tie around my neck.

Transfixed, she stood at a spot and watched me. Obviously, she never knew I could be this cold. She couldn’t say anything again. I could see her staring at me from the corners of my eye. Some time elapsed. She left and then came back with the card and handed it over to me.

“Chux, I—”

I raised my forefinger to cut her off again. There’s nothing to explain. I could see she didn’t like it by the way she murmured something but I was past caring. You can sulk as much as you want now but you haven’t seen anything yet. Soon, nobody will tell you to pack your things and go.

Throughout that day, she tried to talk to me but I gave her the cold shoulder. We were like for the next three days. I didn’t see much of her anyway. I always left very early in the morning. She even prepared for me those wonderful special dishes of hers. I didn’t touch the food. I ate outside and I made sure it was very late before I came back to the house.

On the fourth day, she couldn’t take it anymore. While I was preparing for work, she told me that she was leaving that day. She told me that she wanted to tell me something before she finally goes.

“As you can see, I don’t have the time. Just remember to drop my keys for me!” I told her coldly as I walked out without looking back. I have tried so many times to reconcile her action in my mind but this time around, both my conscience and ego agreed that she wasn’t worth it. Both of them agreed she will never change.

You are right. She will never change. Some people are like that. Who knows what she might come up with next? She just has to go.

Are you serious? I thought you said there are so many fishes in the sea?

Yes, but definitely not this fish! This one is more like a shark!

So sharks are no longer fishes?

Please, just leave me alone.

When I came back from office I felt the peace I haven’t felt in such a very long time. Everywhere was quiet. Surprisingly, the house was neatly made up. She had taken the pains to clean up the whole place. Such little act could have moved me in the past but that was in the past.

Yes, I have to put myself and my life together. I have learnt my lessons now. I have to be very careful next time.

The next morning I woke up very early and went into the kitchen to prepare my favorite indomie with egg. Some things don’t change.

Then I left for work.

to be continued...
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by chuzor73(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2014
kiss just a ghost reader passing bye
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Essyydiamond(f): 11:58am On Sep 28, 2014
Huhuhuhuhuhu *laughing at Vince* *in Spanish*
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by handie(m): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
Been following this story ardently and now I must comment as this is quite a masterpiece..... Vince, ur head really get oil. while on this story take a moment and check out my crime thriller THE ADJACENT.... e no good as this Ify story sha o but at least e hold water small https://www.nairaland.com/1907590/adjacent-crime-thriller

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
more updates pls

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by oka4ugoo: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
2scorehigh:

Chai. Okay na. Abeg no finish am. Jus wait make I rush go bring the sugar and milk. You dey like put am bournvita abi? tongue

Good.

Madam, madam, abeg give dat guy over there, no, not dat one, yes dis one wit big head wey cross leg for dia, yes, give am enuff beans...I dey come! cheesy
Madam! carry the beans come nau, abi d man wey you wan carry the beans give get big head? abi his head big pass my own? Abeg drop the beans joor, is lyk they no tell you say i get hot temper? no jst try me oo!
2scorehigh thanks for d plate of beans, but an update with dis plate of beans no go dey bad i swear.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
oka4ugoo:
Madam! carry the beans come nau, abi d man wey you wan carry the beans give get big head? abi his head big pass my own? Abeg drop the beans joor, is lyk they no tell you say i get hot temper? no jst try me oo!
2scorehigh thanks for d plate of beans, but an update with dis plate of beans no go dey bad i swear.

Guy easy o! It's ône afta d other na, u hear? grin shocked tongue
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Frankenstein: 8:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
2scorehigh:

Guy easy o! It's ône afta d other na, u hear? grin shocked tongue
Good evening, sir.. I know you're already typing so I just want to tell you to make tonight's update lengthy.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Ormorlehwah(f): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
Frankenstein: I know you're already typing so I just want to tell you to make tonight's update lengthy.
SUPPORTED!

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2014
I was in great spirits as I walked into the office and everybody in the office noticed it. I really laughed when Mike suggestively insinuated that my wife Sandra must have taken very good care of me the previous night. The things having a peace of mind can do for a man!

Soon, I was lost in my coding. I was battling to come up with the best database schema for a dating website I was designing as an example for my class. I was having some problems in choosing the best way to assign the primary and secondary keys to reduce redundancy in the database design and it was proving to be quite tricky.

A call came in. It was a strange number so I let it ring. The call came in again. I looked at my phone, saw it was still the same strange number, so I didn’t bother to answer. Ten minutes later, the call came in again for the third time.

It must be something serious now. Three times means something seriously deserves my attention. That’s how I operate. So I picked the call.

“Hello…?” I mouthed into the mouthpiece.

“Chux, please there’s something I—”

I cut the call. Now I get it. She knew I would have never answered her if she used her number. Well, I am glad she’s gotten the message.

I could see the big picture now. Why are women so funny and always like this? I don’t want her now and suddenly she wants to be all over me. Well, sorry Sandra, but I have moved on.

I am now plotting on how to get Ify back. So Sandra, you are already out of it. Get that into your thick skull and stop worrying my life! Haven’t you sucked enough blood already?

A text message came in. I looked at the message. It was from her. I could have deleted it without even reading it only that you have to open the message first before you get to the delete option.

Her message read as thus: Chx, plz thrs smtin I must tell u & I wnt 2 do it in persn. Am coming 2 ur office. Sandy.

I moved my thumb to delete option, and then I stopped and reread the message again. A very mischievous and crazy thought suddenly jumped into my mind. What would Eze have done in such a situation?

I grinned evilly as I flirted with the thought. You don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater, that’s exactly what Eze will tell you in such a situation!

It was beginning to sound like fun to me all of a sudden. I knew Sandra was a fox quite alright and that message definitely had some undertones. Do it in person, isn’t that what she wrote? I smiled. If what I have in mind now is what she had in mind… well, let’s wait and see… let her come… I’ll be waiting…

I sat back and worked halfheartedly on the database schema as I watched the time pass.

She came in two and a half hours later. She was corporately dressed in a short sleeve light blue shirt with a black jacket and a short black skirt that revealed an ample part of her fleshy smooth thighs and long shapely legs.

I knew it! Looking at her, you would think she was a professional banker or something, but I knew from the glint I saw in her eyes when she removed her dark sunshades that she was just a hörny girl ready to be bânged.

And I was ready too because I always find such moves exciting. I have to hand it to her because she really understood how I think or function. My guess is that she purposely kept me waiting just to heighten my pleasure from anticipation, no doubt!

She was smiling knowingly as she marched towards me.

Click Here to Get Up Close And Personal with The Author Emmy Boy

OR...

cool [url=http://www.misyarn.com/search/label/LWKMD%28Laugh%20Wan%20Kill%20Me%20Die%29]Click Here to Continue Spicing Up The Fun[/url] wink
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by LeoFish92(m): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
hmm, just saw your pics, with your MEGACEPHALY

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
LeoFish92: hmm, just saw your pics, with your MEGACEPHALY

Megacefa gini? Bia nwoke m, you dis Leo isi azụ, u betta take your time o! angry
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Okay guys,

I hope you really enjoyed your time getting up close and personal with the author? And I hope you also had a spicy fun time too, huh?

Alright. That's good. That's good.

Now, click here to continue reading IFY - A Romantic thriller...

Enjoy.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Komzzy1(f): 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nice one

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 9:59am On Sep 30, 2014
Lucy knocked on the door.

“Come in, the door is open,” I said, not looking up from Sandra’s seductive eyes that were looking down warmly and promisingly into mine from where she sat on the desk blocking my view from Lucy. My hand was gently running up and down Sandra’s thighs in a gentle caress as we continued with our kissing. Well, let the young girl see what she wants to see. It’s not like we were doing anything—yet—she hasn’t seen before.

Then a sudden violent shockwave ripped through me as I suddenly became aware of that distinctive perfume of hers.

Oh my God! It’s Ify! Ify, and not Lucy, was in the room! Shït!

I quickly removed my hands from Sandra’s laps. In a split of a second, my thoughts started running riots.

Oh shït! I was completely trapped. What was she doing in my office? Right now? Fück it! Of course, she came to collect her novel!

I was caught in the act. I was caught pânts down! Oh my God, why do these things always happen? Shït!

But why didn’t Lucy warn me
? Of course, the little witch has never given me any reason to doubt that she never liked Sandra, or my association with Sandra. Maybe she wanted them to fight. Maybe she wanted Ify to see the type of heel I was.

“Vince…?” she said in a very teary low and weak voice I could barely recognize. It was almost like a whisper but I could hear the pain in that voice.

I quickly stood up from my seat but I could only manage a hunch with my two hands placed on the desk because I didn’t want her to see the tent that has formed in my trousers. For a very brief moment we stared at each other. She was looking so pretty after such a very long time and I’ve really missed her but then I was completely defeated by the look on her face which said a different thing all together.

I knew that look. I could see from the way she was looking at me that she knew I was nothing but a good-for-nothing bastard and she was already regretting ever meeting such a douchebag like me. I needed no prophet to tell me that she was totally disappointed in me now. I knew I would never ever forget that sad, lost and sorrowful look on her face in my life. Dâmn!

I was completely lost for words. I had no defense now. There was nothing I could say now to convince her that I was not a cheating and lying bastard. Seeing is believing, they say

She didn’t say anything again. She just turned her back on me and started walking away. Walking out of my life for good! I quickly left my seat and followed close behind her.

“Ify… Ify… Ify… Ifeoma please wait, Ify please come back to me. Please come back. Please don’t do this to me. Please let me explain…”
But she kept on walking—away!

“Ify, please listen to me. Please come back let me explain. It’s nothing. She’s… she’s… just… a… friend… my sister… I mean, my friend’s sister!” I stammered.

I was completely dazed and I couldn’t think clearly. What have I done to myself now? I stopped, turned and looked at Sandra. She was staring fixedly at the floor. I was afraid that Sandra could hear the loud thumping of my heart so I moved a little bit farther away from her.

I wanted to rush after Ify but I couldn’t, not in this manner with my erection sticking out before me like that. Fück! I could only make it to the door. I held the door half open as I called after her but I knew it was of no use. She’s gone; she’s gone!

I turned and looked at Sandra again. She was now looking at me. I couldn’t understand why she has that little smirk on her red lips. Was she amused because of my awkward erectiön I was seriously trying to hide from Ify? Or was she amused because of the difficulty I had in trying to explain to Ify who she was? Or did she think the whole thing was funny because I have now completely lost Ify—all thanks to her?

I knew it! That’s it! I should have known she was a devil. What I didn’t know was that she was actually sent from hell to destroy me. Of course, she’s my nemesis. That explains it. Didn’t Uchman warn me about this? And I thought it was a joke…

Obviously, she knew it was payback time for me. That was why she found it amusing… but wait a minute… didn’t she, at one point in time, give me the impression that she doesn’t want to share? Now, it looks like she’s succeeded in effortlessly getting Ify out of the way. That’s why she has that triumphant smirk on her stupid face!

I trudged back to my desk, totally downcast. As I sat down to rue my great loss, I also thanked my lucky stars that neither Ify nor Sandra did start a scene because I didn’t know what I could have done in such situation or how I would have explained everything to the Management although I was so certain that could have easily led to my sack. We don’t condone irresponsibility here.

Sandra was now standing up. She looked at me and said, “Is she the Ify?”

I slowly nodded as we stared at each other.

“Do you still love her?”

“I think so… I don’t know,” I said, completely deflated—and confused.

She sighed deeply, shrugged her shoulders and then said regretfully, “Well, if you do… then I think you should go and get her. I won’t stand in your way.”

And with that she picked up her purse from where she had dropped it on the desk and left.

“Thank you… Sandra,” I whispered into thin air.

I didn’t say any other thing to her. There’s nothing else to say. My whole thought was now on Ify and if there were any slightest chance I could still get her back.

After a while, I sighed because I discovered my mind has completely gone blank. I decided to try again.

I started by first of all thinking of the things I might say to Ify to try to convince her to come back to me. The worst part was that she now has every reason to believe whatever thing Mama Chinwe had told her about me and there was nothing on earth I could do to change that impression now.

If she hadn’t seen me, she might not have any scruples, even against her better judgment, in believing that I was a changed man, if I told her so, and subsequently giving me a second chance. If she hadn’t seen me, she would never believe that I could even indulge in something very reckless like that right inside my office. Now, it looks like I can never be trusted – even if she did come back. Shït!

I recalled she once accused me of having an affair at the office. She said it was a girl. I denied it then. Now, how would I deny it again? Everything was now looking so grim for me. I was filled with despair.

Stop beating yourself up, man. You can tell her anything. She’s a woman and she’ll believe anything you tell her. By Jove, what is wrong with you?! Hmm, looks like you’ve really changed so much? Don’t tell me that you’ve completely forgotten that women are always like that?

My goodness! I will like to see how you handle this, you fool. I thought I warned you that girl Sandra will destroy you but you didn’t listen. Now, see what you’ve done to yourself?

Don’t blame Vince; blame that Ify for leaving him in the first place. Don’t you know that Vince is a man and a man always needs sәx? She left, she left so what does she expect Vince to do?

Just listen to yourself talk. This is no time to apportion blames. It’s time to find what to do to remedy the bad situation. So Vince, what are you going to do now?

I didn’t know what to do. Maybe I should call her to apologize?

No, don’t ever do that! If you apologize, it means you are guilty as charged. You can even tell her it wasn’t you, you know… like Shaggy?

Please don’t listen to him. Don’t make things worse for yourself now. Just give her a call and own up. Beg her for forgiveness. From the bottom of your heart. She’ll understand. I have a feeling she still loves you and she’s going to forgive and accept you back even though you are a punk!

I smiled inwardly at that thought.

But wait a minute… what exactly is Vince actually apologizing for? They were not together again, were they?

So?

Ha! So anyone is free to fück and date anyone!

Oh really? So why is Vince feeling so guilty right now? That will show you that they were never truly separated. You know it, I know it, Vince has always thought about her. Vince, am I lying?

I kept quiet. I didn’t know what to say.

You see what I am saying? Vince already knows it. He knows she called him Vince and he knows what that means. So why don’t you just keep your mouth shut and allow Vince to go ahead and explain everything to her, okay?

But I didn’t know where to start explaining things to her. I tried to convince myself that there was no need for any explanation but I couldn’t. I had to clear my guilty conscience once and for all. I decided I will give her a call. I will invite her to my place. I will have to explain everything to her starting from the beginning.

Having made that decision, I felt a lot better. I will have to compose my thoughts and words carefully. I will also have to beg for her forgiveness. I will just pour out my heart to her.

When it was time to go, I stood up and left. I didn’t want to speak with any of my colleagues. I had a feeling that Lucy might have painted for them a picture of what could have transpired in my office that very day.

I reached my house still very much lost in deep thoughts. I was contemplating on the best way to go about it. Should I tell her everything about Sandra? Would she believe me if I told her that I still thought about her the whole time I was with Sandra? Will she be comfortable or distraught over the fact that I even attempted to replace her with Sandra? Or maybe I shouldn’t even mention that part to her?

These thoughts kept running through my mind as I took a cold water bath to calm my nerves and help me put my thoughts back together. My only hope now is that if she really felt something for me, like she once said she did, then she will at least have the courtesy to forgive me.

When I stepped out of the bathroom, I put on a vest and made straight for my bed. I knew exactly what I am going to do. It is going to be tough and difficult but I really have to try.

I closed my eyes and started to think again. I needed to sort myself out and I wanted to carefully plan and put my thoughts straight so that whatever I will say to her will come out coherently.

Finally, satisfied with my planned line of action, I picked up my phone to dial her number and then I stopped in my tracks as my heart started pounding violently.

I had received an SMS from Ify. Obviously, it came in while I was in the bathroom. My hand was slightly shaking with fright as I proceeded to read it with all anticipation of anxiety. What is it going to be now?

READ THE REMAINING 12 CHAPTERS OF THIS INTRIGUING ROMANTIC THRILLER.

Get The Full Story Today directly from my Website(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Smashwords(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.com(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.co.uk(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.com(hard copy)
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by jayyungg(m): 11:08am On Sep 30, 2014
You re so Amazing!!! Loving dis more n more.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Skybaby: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2014
Fourcade: You guys are only interested in Ify! grin
Vincent r u still sleeping? Plz wake up n lets know watsup wt ify.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Skybaby: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
quintybabee: True to what ify said vince didnt call her #men Will always be men# @ op, an interesting read, keep it up
How do u expect him to call wen he is busy chasing money, men! They wll never change.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by jaymomma(f): 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Vince d bad boy in luv with a good girl. I hope u change ur ways soon

2 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by bollify(m): 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
WOAH!!! This is absolutely incredible... 2scorehigh just don't stop... You are made for d top. MEANWHILE.....

Sipping my coffee waiting for more update.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles / Wole Soyinka Escorted To Prison In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.