Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

IFY - A Romantic Thriller - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IFY - A Romantic Thriller (54734 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Ify , A Romantic Thriller Continuation . / 17 Awosika-a Crime/action Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by bollify(m): 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
vince so na you make my Ify dey misbehave, Its ok. Now that you have left her for me I think she had learnt her lessons and can now come back to my widely opened arms. 2scorehigh you are da bomb, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
bollify: vince so na you make my Ify dey misbehave, Its ok. Now that you have left her for me I think she had learnt her lessons and can now come back to my widely opened arms. 2scorehigh you are da bomb, keep it up.

Ha haa...oga bollify did I hear say your Ify?

Hmm...no jus let oga balispecial hear that o! cheesy

Unless say you ready to fight for inside ring where Vince 'McMahon' Dike go be the judge.

How you see am...? grin
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by bollify(m): 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
2scorehigh:

Unless say you ready to fight for inside ring where Vince 'McMahon' Dike go be the judge.

How you see am...? grin
maybe you should check d last 3 letas of my monicker. ehn, shey you don grab d original owner now? I must confess, this is the first nairaland story i ll be reading with so much interest that i couldnt complete my workshop task today. Thanks man, you just good.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Ormorlehwah(f): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Too Short....... Pls, dnt keep Ur fans waiting....
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Joshchi(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Beautifully crafted. Be writing, lemme be reading.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Edcharles(m): 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
2scorehigh: This story you have reading and enjoying so far is already a published work by the author writing under the pen name Emmy Boy.

Click here to download your own copy today from Smashwords.

You can click here to connect with the author, get a little peek into the author’s mind and also to view some of his other works.

You can also click here to get it on Amazon.com or here to get it on Amazon.co.uk today.

The book is available in all eBook formats. You can download the .mobi format and read it on Kindle if you have a Kindle device. You can also download the PDF file or you can simply just read it online.

You can also read the MOBI, EPUB, HTML and OPF format on PC if you have Kindle Previewer installed. Click here to download Kindle Previewer[External Mirror1.exe <179MB>].

You can also download and read the EPUB format if you have installed the FBreader on your system. Click here to download the FBreader <5MB for Windows PC>.

Whichever one suits you…

So go grab it and let the fun continue!

One more thing, I am also looking forward to your reviews. So please you can drop your comments. I’ll so much appreciate…

Thanks a lot.

I like your interview. It sounds very crazy though buh na ur way na.

I tried to get the book on Smashwords with my mastercard but I didn’t see naija on the list.

So how will I get it immediately because dis ur story baad wella. I just can’t wait to read the complete story abeg

3 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Joshchi: Beautifully crafted. Be writing, lemme be reading.

abi? smiley
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ormorlehwah: Too Short....... Pls, dnt keep Ur fans waiting....

Wow! U don turn to fan? We neva get Jersey o! shocked
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
Edcharles:

I like your interview. It sounds very crazy though buh na ur way na.

I tried to get the book on Smashwords with my mastercard but I didn’t see naija on the list.

So how will I get it immediately because dis ur story baad wella. I just can’t wait to read the complete story abeg

Hmm, that's good. No wahala. You can use PayPal.

Hope you've downloaded and installed the Kindle previewer on your laptop assuming you want to read it on your PC?

BTW, what do you mean my interview sounds crazy. A whole me!!! Chai, Ed, nwoke m, i gbugo m!
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
I didn’t notice her at first but when I finally did, I started noticing so many things. The first thing I noticed was that she was always at the bar. Sometimes she will be there before I come in. Some other time, she will enter after I have entered.

At first, I thought she was related to the bar owner. Then I started noticing she was also being served just like other customers. Being a very observant person, I also noticed that she was always seated in a position where she will be directly facing me. I started getting this feeling that she was watching me and anytime our eyes met, I felt like she was sending me a message and telling me something—something like catch me if you can!

On this particular day, she came in an orange attire. I don’t know why women in orange dresses always set me on fire! Her cloth was quite revealing too. The tight orange shirt and short black skirt she wore hugged her feminine shape and curves very well. She was quite deliberate today. She walked in and slowly turned her head as if to survey her surroundings.

I took notice immediately. When she saw me, she smiled. Alright, I now knew it. She was inviting me. It was a challenge and I love challenges. I am going to get you, you just wait!

I could see she was very athletic from the graceful manner she walked. As she walked past my table, the sight of her fleshy calves gave me something to be excited about.

She went and sat down five tables away from me and ordered for Guinness Stout. Then she leaned forward. From where I sat I could clearly see her cleavage. She had a haughty expression on her face but she managed to beam a smile at me. The type of condescending smile only hookers can give. I was ashamed because she had just caught me staring. I wanted to look away but my Dutch courage propelled me on. Besides, she’s a hooker, right? No wonder she drank beer unabashedly with guys…

As the waitress was bringing her drink to her, I stood up and grabbed my bottle of Gulder and started moving towards her table.

“Alright, I’m paying for the drink. Please bring two more bottles for us. One Gulder for me and one more Stout…?” She didn’t respond and the haughty look was still there but I was past caring. “Bring us some pepper soup too,” I commanded the waitress.

I pulled the seat from under the table and sat opposite to her.

“I’m Vincent by the way,” I introduced myself, “and you are…?”

She smiled but it was not a welcoming smile. It was the type of smile that says ‘be careful for you are invading my space’.

I had to try again.

“Okay, sorry for being too forward but I wonder what has made a very pretty girl like you to be coming here regularly every evening to drink away her life and sorrows like all these… these… these…” I didn’t complete the statement as I waved my hand around. I didn’t have to say it. I knew she knew I wanted to say losers.

Suddenly she relaxed and smiled. Better. “I’m Sandra. I’m sure you don’t want to hear why I’m here because it’s a very long story…?”

“Try me. I have all the time in the world!” I boasted.

The waitress arrived, served us, and left.

“Thank you,” she said.

“Don’t mention it.”

As we ate and sipped our beer, I casually asked her again why she was always alone at the bar.

She wasn’t forthcoming. She said it was just a personal thing. I told her I wasn’t going to let go. She tried to change the topic. I stuck to my guns. She finally gave up and opened up and told me why she was there. She told me she was trying to forget the heartbreak she just suffered because of the deceitfulness of her friend who went behind her, stole and got married to her boyfriend.

I told her it was a pity and expressed my sympathy. I didn’t tell her I never knew hookers also do fall in love. She told me it was now in the past and she was trying to move on only that it was taking her some time to get used to the fact and getting over the shock that he never loved her as much as he professed. Same old, same old. Women, love, men, and heartbreaks… same old story everywhere.

I ordered for more drinks.

As she spoke, I concentrated on her eyes. She could see I wanted to flirt with her. All thanks to my alcohol induced state of mind, I wasn’t afraid neither did I think it was inappropriate to do so at the moment. I could see she was equally ready to throw all caution to the wind and play. I wanted to forget my sorrows too. And I want to do that now by going gaga.

“Do you live around here?” I asked her.

“Why do you ask?”
“I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before?”

“Do you know everyone who lives around here?”

She wasn’t replying my questions directly. She wanted to act mysterious and that could be a kind of challenge quite alright. And she was also giving me the green light. Maybe it was the drink, maybe she’s like that, but I could see she was already tripping. She was giving me all the come-on signs.

So I got more courageous.

“Okay, Sandra, since I’m assuming you don’t live around here, I think it wouldn’t be out of place for me to show you around here. I want us to start from my room. There are so many wonderful things I would love to show you there!”

“Hmm… sounds interesting… so where’s this your room?”

“Not so far from here!”

“Okay, let’s get going then!”

“Seriously? Let’s get going…? Wow! What are we waiting for then? Let’s go now! Here, give me your hands…”

I took her hands and pulled her towards me. She had very soft palms. After settling the bill, I held her by the hand and led her away.

It was very late when we reached my compound so I didn’t take the backyard route again. I managed to open my door. We were very drunk but it didn’t matter. We were so happy and that’s the most important thing because we had our different sorrows to forget. I guess that means we could also afford to be reckless!

Once we were inside, we started fooling with ourselves again like we did on our way to the house. I was kissing and föndling her. She was also running her hands all over me while kissing me back.

I don’t even know how we managed to undrәss ourselves.

The last thing I remembered before we tumbled into the bed together was my ego patting me on the back and whispering to me. I told you there are so many fishes in the sea, didn’t I?

to be continued...

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Edcharles(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
2scorehigh:

Hmm, that's good. No wahala. You can use PayPal.

Hope you've downloaded and installed the Kindle previewer on your laptop assuming you want to read it on your PC?

BTW, what do you mean my interview sounds crazy. A whole me!!! Chai, Ed, nwoke m, i gbugo m!

Lol, not that type of crazy meant the other type and thanks on the PayPal idea didn't think of that
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 19, 2014
2scorehigh:

How you see am...? grin
lol dnt worry i will show him pepper
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Ormorlehwah(f): 5:52am On Sep 19, 2014
2scorehigh:

2scorehigh:

Hahahahahaha..... Na U sabi.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:19am On Sep 19, 2014
balispecial: lol dnt worry i will show him pepper

U see...? I no talk am...? cheesy
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:23am On Sep 19, 2014
CHAPTER 16

“Who is Ify?” a strange voice asked me.

I woke up with a start. My head was spinning. My head was hurting from last night’s hangover. Where am I? Then the fuzzy picture started to clear. Of course, I am right inside my room but who is this strange girl peering down at me?

The headache was very tough. I was glad it was a Saturday hence I wouldn’t worry about getting to work that morning. I closed my eyes and quickly tried to recollect what must have transpired the previous night and how I ended up with a stranger in my bed.

“Who?” I asked.

“Who is Ify?” she asked again, insistently.

I was now back. She was the girl I picked up at the bar yesterday. The girl who told me she was trying to get over a heart break. The pretty girl who said her name was Sandra.

“Why do you ask?”

“You kept on calling me Ify as we made love last night so I want to know who she is.”

“Really? Did I? Hmm…”

Sandra was peering at me and expecting me to say something worthwhile. How can I start telling her about Ify?

“Well… she’s just some girl I knew…” I replied, indifferently.

“Seriously? Some girl…? And you kept on calling me by her name? Tell me the truth, is she your lover?”

Oh shït!

“Alright, alright, let’s just say she’s my ex…”

“Really? I see… No wonder you kept repeating her name. You really freaked me out.” She paused and then said, “So tell me, are you still in love with her?”

“Please, let’s not go there!” I was already seething inside. I felt like she knew so much already and I don’t even know anything about her.

“Okay… but I want you to know I don’t like the idea of you calling me by her name. It’s so creepy! The way I see it, if we are still going to do what we did last night, then it’s either you are with me or you are with her, okay?”

On hearing that, I became fully awake and alert immediately.

Now who’s this Sandra and what’s she talking about? If we are still going to do what we did last night? Is she indirectly telling me that she wants a relationship with me or something?

But I also considered it. Ify is no longer with me. What on earth will stop me from jumping into another relationship immediately? Nothing. Absolutely nothing! I had to move on. I always move on.

I smiled and nodded. “Alright. Accepted.”

Sandra got up from the bed. I watched her as she picked up her clothes from where we had discarded them on the floor last night. She slowly slipped into them. I noticed she was not the shy type. She was such a delight to watch with her exquisite physique. When she was done she said, “Trust me, I’m going to make you forget this Ify, it’s a promise.”

“That will be good,” I chorused back, still smiling.

She seemed a very assertive person. I noticed she didn’t appear to be troubled in any way by our binge drinking last night. She must be a very tough one. I instinctively knew I had to tread with caution.

“So tell me about yourself. Don’t be offended. Seems like I’ve completely forgotten everything you told me yesterday,” I said.

She smiled. A pretty smile. She sat down on my desk and told me that her name was Sandra Okoli from Enugu State. According to her, she just returned from Ibadan where she was doing her Master’s at UI, that is, the University of Ibadan.

Wow! That’s great! To think I even thought she was a pro. She said she came back because her school was on break and she would be going back once they resumed.

She then told me about her long distance relationship with her guy who ended up disappointing her by choosing to settle down with her friend instead of her.

She told me that although she blamed the guy for not being strong willed enough to endure or wait for her, she still suspected the distance was to be blamed because the guy who was staying in Umuahia often complained that her absence was affecting him badly since she was not physically available, and by that, she told me he meant sәx.

I told her I understood. No need to tell her that it will take more than strong will to get a guy’s mind off sәx. She said her friend who was present probably provided that for him which explains why he eventually dumped her and went for her friend instead, and never looked back again despite all his previous love-never-dies promises for her.

I listened as she spoke. When she finished, she told me that she was trying to figure out how not to be mad at both of them which was why she took to drinking because it was proving so difficult for her not to be mad at them. She told me that the worst part was that he even had the audacity to give her a wedding invitation card and she was still undecided whether to attend or not.

When she was through, I told her I was sorry and I hope she will heal very fast. I got a feeling she was strictly on the lookout for a rebound relationship. I didn’t tell her that I was also going through a mending process and in much need for a rebound myself but I still managed to insinuate it and I knew she got the message from the way she looked at me.

Later, she prepared a breakfast for us. It was fried eggs with tomatoes. We took it with hot tea and bread. I was now feeling much better. I thanked her for taking care of me and she told me she was the one who should be thanking me and not the other way round because she has been looking for someone to unburden her heavy heart to.

Then I told her about the new house and my plans to move that same weekend. She told me she would be glad to help me pack and move if I wanted her to. I told her I would be glad if she did. She then offered to help me make arrangements for the van that will move my belongings. I expressed my profound gratitude.

We then exchanged numbers and she told me she was going back to her place in Trans-Ekulu where she is staying with her married aunt but she will come back anytime I called her to help me pack.

I saw her off then I went back to get prepared. The good thing was that I didn’t have much property so I knew it was going to be very easy for me to move everything just once. I felt a slight regret that I will be leaving without Ify but I recalled she said she didn’t have any pity for me and I quickly dismissed that thought.

Instead, I thought about the exciting things I have done in the room. I tried to recall all the sweetest memories I have had in the compound and most especially right inside this very room.

to be continued...

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Abiolabalogun(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2014
Soldier go soldier come barrack no dey move .From ify to Sandra lawao.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by jaymomma(f): 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
U r stuck on Ify bro. If U like, sleep with hundred girls, U cant forget her.

2 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
By the tym u flirt with an ogbanje girl (a girl frm marmaid kingdom) no be person go tell u to stop flirting around with girls.

2 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by bollify(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
balispecial: lol dnt worry i will show him pepper
oga na today you go know say na worrior born me... ** shapening his cutlass** Afe there is this guy that didn't realise I'm an okogbe o... Let's go hear what he has to say concerning Ify.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by bollify(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
Oga 2scorehigh... You got me hanging on.... Abeg this story sweet like honey.... Your work is exceptionally gratifying.. More power to your elbow grin

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Frankenstein: 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
"Don't let any clingy bitcch stall your game, there are many fishes in the ocean"

I still don't get why the MC broke up with Ify. I've tried to figure it out but the dots do not connect. 2scorehigh, I think I need clarifications.

Great story, bloke.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
bollify: oga na today you go know say na worrior born me... ** shapening his cutlass** Afe there is this guy that didn't realise I'
m an okogbe o... Let's go hear what he has to say concerning Ify.
oga na play i dey 4low u play na
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
quintybabee: You have a very good sense of humor

I'm so glad you noticed. cheesy
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Frankenstein: "Don't let any clingy bitcch stall your game, there are many fishes in the ocean"

I still don't get why the MC broke up with Ify. I've tried to figure it out but the dots do not connect. 2scorehigh, I think I need clarifications.

Great story, bloke.

Oga Frank, nwoke m, añụna ngwọ na nkwụ na-abịa.

I don't know if you understand Igbo or not but even if you don't, get an Igbo bloke to interpret that for you, okay? That's my answer for you.

Ahem, BTW who are you even calling bloke? Next time I hear that bloke word from you eh, I won't hesitate to call you Frankenstein Monster. So take note!
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
bollify: Oga 2scorehigh... You got me hanging on.... Abeg this story sweet like honey.... Your work is exceptionally gratifying.. More power to your elbow grin

Chai!!!
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
getafe: By the tym u flirt with an ogbanje girl (a girl frm marmaid kingdom) no be person go tell u to stop flirting around with girls.

Hmm...Getafe!!!! Chai, chai, chaaiiii!!! Abeg easy o. Habaaa, nne biko weluya nwayoo, I nugo...? cheesy

Chineke mee!!!

From the way sound, I think I know your type. U be the type wey dey mark your guy wella becos say you no dey like take robbish at all from guys, abi I dey lie? cheesy

But the truth be say somehow, I dey like your type kwa for something serious becos as you no dey take robbish from men na so you no dey come do robbish kwa, abi?

Ahhh! See her face...See as she dey smile...U don dey smile abi? U don dey smile... grin

Ahem, one more thing, abeg no vex make I ask u dis question. Wetin u think say go happen if ogbanje man come dey flirt with ogbanje girl...girls?

Hahahaaaaa...o di egwu o! tongue shocked
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by anasbeaut(f): 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
More....more....
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by seunviju(f): 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
This vince self,haba nawa u o.Well done
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Frankenstein: 1:36am On Sep 20, 2014
2scorehigh:

Oga Frank, nwoke m, añụna ngwọ na nkwụ na-abịa.

I don't know if you understand Igbo or not but even if you don't, get an Igbo bloke to interpret that for you, okay? That's my answer for you.

Ahem, BTW who are you even calling bloke? Next time I hear that bloke word from you eh, I won't hesitate to call you Frankenstein Monster. So take note!
Haha. Really funny, mate.

Ok, I'll wait for the nkwu to arrive.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2014
2scorehigh:

Hmm...Getafe!!!! Chai, chai, chaaiiii!!! Abeg easy o. Habaaa, nne biko weluya nwayoo, I nugo...? cheesy
Chineke mee!!!

From the way sound, I think I know your type. U be the type wey dey mark your guy wella becos say you no dey like take robbish at all from guys, abi I dey lie? cheesy

But the truth be say somehow, I dey like your type kwa for something serious becos as you no dey take robbish from men na so you no dey come do robbish kwa, abi?

Ahhh! See her face...See as she dey smile...U don dey smile abi? U don dey smile... grin

Ahem, one more thing, abeg no vex make I ask u dis question. Wetin u think say go happen if ogbanje man come dey flirt with ogbanje girl...girls?

Hahahaaaaa...o di egwu o! tongue shocked
hehehehei beta na, d ogbanje guy cannot flirt with any oda girl knowing dat his ogbanje girl will be monitorin him with her ogbanje mirror. Na fire for fire, e no go dey easy 4 d guy na.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Fourcade(m): 10:25am On Sep 20, 2014
Mehn. .i love Sandra already! grin

"Trust me, I am going to make you forget this Ify, it’s a promise.”

Ghen Ghen Na who go tire? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles / Wole Soyinka Escorted To Prison In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.