Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,887 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) (75876 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MsNas(f): 6:09am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi: Is that his mgbeke 7th wife (same age of his grand daughter )with metallic tooth that looks like a fang
Tua!
See lips like she drank blood in Brazil grin
Her make up is scary
Looks like the oba ran out of bleaching cream
Is your life this miserable? Why are you always spewing venom everywhere on Nairaland. Which Yoruba guy did this to you? Cos your condition is more spiritual than physical. I recommend some Proxac for you. Plus Jesus. Plus you need to get laid. Maybe you'll calm down. Cos the way you exhibit hatred these days is alarming. Wèrè Abu'gi je!

50 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 25, 2014
Sorry, I like traditional people to keep to their domain, and the Alafin of Oyo is doing just that. Good!

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Ishilove: 6:31am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Ooni is just like a head of state in parliamentarianism ....Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is more than a king in Yorubaland,he is a god!
god ko, godot ni

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by crusader01(m): 6:32am On Aug 25, 2014
dstnd: selling out the secret of Yoruba in the name of promoting her culture
And what are the secrets of yoruba you have heard them selling? It is a pity some people don't appreciate promotion of culture,only thing they know how to do is to import culture from America prisons.

7 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by persie98: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2014
nice set of pics
[img]http://smsh.me/axul.jpg[/img][img]http://smsh.me/azlb.jpg[/img]
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Ekundayo7: 6:38am On Aug 25, 2014
Hope this is out of true beneficence and not just another cultural exchange where plenty of money changes hands. Similar to another Yoruba fellow in Bahia state who bandies himself about in political circles saying he is the "prince" of the "king" of Nigeria and gets introduced that way to slobbering and enthusiastic applause, followed by generous donations to his cause. Brazilians got sold down the river but for the most part kept their traditions intact. They enjoy a much better standard of living nowadays thanks to the rotten obas who sold them out into slavery but who now live in worse conditions in Nigeria. Karma is a b itch.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Ekundayo7: 6:44am On Aug 25, 2014
crusader01:
And what are the secrets of you have heard them selling? It is a pity some people don't appreciate promotion of culture,only thing they know how to do is to import culture from America prisons.
It depends on how that culture is promoted. Most Nigerians going to Brazil are after that cash, and "spiritual" heads are definitely not immune to that. There are plenty of Nigerians who think brazil is easy pickings for spiritual self promotion, but the people are not so easily duped like the masses in Nigeria. I'm sure there were plenty of photo ops for all and shaking of hands. I pray the Oba is not being led down a path that will end up being one of lucre instead of true sharing of Yoruba root traditions.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by xtervaganza(m): 6:46am On Aug 25, 2014
We plenty Sha.......

There is a Yoruba tribe in Benin and ivory coast tooo

11 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by jude33084(m): 6:50am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Ooni is just like a head of state in parliamentarianism ....Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is more than a king in Yorubaland,he is a god!

Is there a fight for who is greater?

So who pays royalty to who then?
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by kabba7(m): 7:01am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy: Just check out the regalia and swags of Oba Adeyemi With his pretty queen.!!!

And then some ignorant few will claim Ooni of Ife is the greater of the two kings.

Is it not obvious the Alaafin is pushing more of the Yoruba culture and tradition all over the globe than the Ooni?

He has the flair and charisma that portrays a true royal king of the yorubas. Never mincing words, always real and factual.

I believe he is one of the very few revered and articulate kings left in Yoruba land. If not the greatest of this generation.

May he never stumble. Amen.

The Alafin and this his "queens" ? long time ago my thinking was he will do away with this women and his bleaching kits .
What lead to this thinking of mine was the day he was invited to the launching of the building of the mosque at the Usman Danfodio University he came a litle behind schedule with six fully bleached girls yound enough to be his grand children surrounding him all fuuly bleached like himself he was roundly booed for which he felt some how embarrased from that date my thinking was he will put a stop to this going about vwith hordes of bleached women this is a very long time now and he is yet to stop the attitude!
And on his journey to Brazil didnt the Oni of Ife in Brazil some years back for the same purpose ? or is this post meant to rewrite history ?

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by cbrass(m): 7:05am On Aug 25, 2014
Its the queen of england that made the Ooni of Ife the Paramount ruler if not The Ooni won't even dare the Owa of Ijesaland let alone the Alafin of Oyo.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by killuminati(m): 7:07am On Aug 25, 2014
Wey di yanshs dem?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MrT2011(m): 7:08am On Aug 25, 2014

shocked shocked
....god indeed
What a confused people cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:10am On Aug 25, 2014
kabba7:

The Alafin and this his "queens" ? long time ago my thinking was he will do away with this women and his bleaching kits .
What lead to this thinking of mine was the day he was invited to the launching of the building of the mosque at the Usman Danfodio University he came a litle behind schedule with six fully bleached girls yound enough to be his grand children surrounding him all fuuly bleached like himself he was roundly booed for which he felt some how embarrased from that date my thinking was he will put a stop to this going about vwith hordes of bleached women this is a very long time now and he is yet to stop the attitude!
And on his journey to Brazil didnt the Oni of Ife in Brazil some years back for the same purpose ? or is this post meant to rewrite history ?
The wives of the Alaafin may have bleached their skins, but not the Alaafin. The Alaafin is light-skinned. Go check his pictures when he was crowned in the early 1970's, you will be amazed.

11 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MrT2011(m): 7:17am On Aug 25, 2014
MsNas:
Is your life this miserable? Why are you always spewing venom everywhere on Nairaland. Which Yoruba guy did this to you? Cos your condition is more spiritual than physical. I recommend some Proxac for you. Plus Jesus. Plus you need to get laid. Maybe you'll calm down. Cos the way you exhibit hatred these days is alarming. Wèrè Abu'gi je!

Nikita lacha gi anya.

Yoloba mgbeke grin cheesy

The bobo said what is real about your monkey bleaching god grin

Talk again lemme slap off ya ugliness grin
Daughter of chimpanzee cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 7:18am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
You got it wrong..it's the other way round. And what even happened to the political aka head of state after the fall of Oyo empire(popularly called oyo ile) in present day Niger state??...

Also tell me how far ago was Oyo ile created?
...Ooni and Alaafin was never a mate and will never be!

7 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 25, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
The wives of the Alaafin may have bleached their skins, but not the Alaafin. The Alaafin is light-skinned. Go check his pictures when he was crowned in the early 1970's, you will be amazed.
grin
That is Alaafin at his coronation after he was handed the sword of office at ile Ife. I am really amazed.

8 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Babafaros(m): 7:20am On Aug 25, 2014
HmmmmmHmmmmmHmmmmm
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by moneyhungry(m): 7:22am On Aug 25, 2014
MsNas:

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2014
Ishilove:
god ko, godot ni
stop feeding on breast milk man...grow up! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by moneyhungry(m): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2014
MrT2011:

Nikita lacha gi anya.

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by emmasege: 7:28am On Aug 25, 2014
Alaafin has a bad history of hijacking people's wives/women, so am not surprised he has a grand daughter for a Queen. If u've got a very beautiful wife or girl friend, steer clear of Alaafin's Aafin.
And who is comparing Alaafin with Ooni?. Alaafin knows his mates. Ooni is "Arole Oduduwa, Adimula gbogbo Yoruba"

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: go back to the library and get a good text on the History of Yoruba...Ile-Ife was mere headquarter while OYO is our REAL Ancestral home...Ooni and Alaafin was never a mate and will never be!
Then tell me sweetie, how come the creator of Oyo ile in katunga( now presently in Niger state) aka the 1st alaafin was the 4th ooni at Ife. not number 1,2,3 but the fourth....pls tell me
And in your own imagination... Oyo ile in present day Niger state is the ancestral home of "we" yorubas.

Abi omo Igbo ni bobo yi ni?

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Btruth: 7:31am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:

This particular Olori is the youngest and the last of his numerous wives. She delivered a set of triplets in her first year of marriage to the king. Talk of sleeping with ,"her grandfather" whose engine is still well oiled and galvanised even more than most youths...lol
Was she the one that animal called "Akala" was rude to? I learned he slapped one of the Alaafin's oloris.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MsNas(f): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2014
MrT2011:

Nikita lacha gi anya.

I won't even attempt to curse you out cos it's obvious you're just out for cheap publicity. I'd implore you to bring out that dirty hand of yours for the slap first. Nairaland has given oafs like you self esteem. I won't blame you.

Anyways, I suggest you go back to school and learn the proper way to address people. Maybe then, your life will advance from where it currently is, seeing as you can't express yourself in plain English. Eran.

I understand where you're coming from tho. I hope NL can help you salvage the little iota of self respect that is hidden deep inside yourself and make you feel good about your existence.

20 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by emmasege: 7:40am On Aug 25, 2014
U got it wrong. How can Oyo be our ancestral home?, who taught you Yoruba history?. U need to re-enrol for a Yoruba class under a sound tutor. Where do u call your ancestral home?, Is it where ur Uncle re-located, colonised, lived and died?, Isn't it where ur Patriach lived/founded? Oduduwa is our Patriach, had only one son- Okanbi who also had seven sons. Oduduwa lived and died in Ife. His seven grandsons spread out to different parts of Yoruba land and Oranmiyan happened to be one of the seven who relocated to Oyo to become Alaafin. Historically, Alaafin is in the same class as Deji of Akure, Oba of Benin, Alake of Egba land among others. Don't compare Oyo with ile-Ife at all. Egbe eye l'eye nwo to o.
Blaqsmith: go back to the library and get a good text on the History of Yoruba...Ile-Ife was mere headquarter while OYO is our REAL Ancestral home...Ooni and Alaafin was never a mate and will never be!

8 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MrT2011(m): 7:40am On Aug 25, 2014
MsNas:
I won't even attempt to curse you out cos it's obvious you're just out for cheap publicity. I'd implore you to bring out that dirty hand of yours for the slap first. Nairaland has given oafs like you self esteem. I won't blame you.

Anyways, I suggest you go back to school and let the proper way to address people. Maybe then, your life will advance from where it currently is, seeing as you can't express yourself in plain English. Eran

shocked shocked sad You r lucky you didn't curse...
But for me, it wouldn't be a bad idea cool
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RebelLeader15(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2014

Alagba, it seems your Library is different from other people"s own, go back to a real Library and read about the history of Yoruba very well, Ile-ife is the ancestral home while Oyo is the fuckn headquarter!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MsNas(f): 7:42am On Aug 25, 2014
MrT2011:

shocked shocked sad You r lucky you didn't curse...
But for me, it wouldn't be a bad idea cool

Cos I was raised right. Can't say the same for you tho. Stop quoting me. Go find something productive to do with your life. Before everything leaves you behind. Being an e-warrior on NL doesn't translate to a better life offline.

14 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Emeka71(m): 7:43am On Aug 25, 2014
Nice one though by the Alafin of Oyo. I was at the Ooni of Ife palace at Ile-ife just last 2 weeks on 5th August when some PDP people thought Omisore would win the elections. that Aregbesola will leave office.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Edwardhead(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2014
can u pls elaborate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.