Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) (75826 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by entadaplace1: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2014
Video|Pictures: Tillaman’s Father, Alaafin Of Oyo, With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil

http:///2014/08/25/videopictures-tillamans-father-alaafin-of-oyo-with-yoruba-descendants-in-brazil/
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2014
CocoaMerchant:

Royalroy started the whole confusion, It was a nice thread but he spoilt the thread himself by trying to downgrade Ooni and Ile-Ife.

He should have read more about Ile-Ife and Yoruba culture before he posted that sh1t.

How can Alaafin be greater than Ooni when Alaafin is Son of Ife, can a Son be greater than his Father?

I was born and raised in Ile-Ife, I've witnessed many Olojo Festivals at Olodo Compound and Enuwa.

Ooni of Ife is the Spiritual Leader of Yoruba Race, The Arole of Oduduwa. The Custodian.

I don't like doing this sh1t, it's an over-flogged issue on nl.

Lots of Brazilians, Cubans, Europeans and Americans come to Ile-Ife regularly to learn about our Yoruba Tradition and Traditional Religion.

And talking about traveling, Ooni has been to almost everywhere on this planet earth. And I'm from Ilesa.

Konmight Say So.
That's what I was trying to tell him that he can praise his own king to the high heaven but he shouldn't have included the ooni in his post. Infact, the topic pass over flogging on Nairaland. Ooni oranmiyan was not only the son but the last born as well....lol. You would never hear the olowu or obokun or alaketu or any other older sibling of the alaafin claim superiority or distort history. All he needed to do was use Google to bring up several topics on NL servers to refresh his Yoruba history 101. Reason why I mentioned he seems new to NL.

No Alaafin or Oba in the history of Oyo and Yoruba land respectively had or has ever tried to dispute or contest the No1 status of the Ooni then came along Alaafin lamidi, who has been trying to distort history since he became king and learnt some few words in English.

In fact, one of the reasons they carved out osun from Oyo was because of this issue. The same thing he fought ooni for in the 1990's is now hunting him in his backyard. The rotation of the chairmanship of Oyo state council of obas. Now the soun of ogbomoso and olubadan are his enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2014
kayjasper:

No gain saying...this is true royalty.
Alaafin is undoubtedly the most flamboyant, important and relevant king of Yoruba land.

check his poise and glamour even at age 80. cool cool

He truly is the last of his kind... a living god!!
Aaaah...I see....a relative of the Alaafin.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

You are assuming the children are truly his
Don't underestimate a woman on a mission
He is incapable of putting on any fires in the bedroom
Biology doesn't lie
She just lets him believe he does
The real bobo that strokes her fire is undercover
DO NOT COME HERE WITH YOUR POISON...

10 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by etochi11(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

How do these younger women sleep on the same bed and allow their grand father touch them?
personally,I think its only a desperate lady Can do that.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by ibdeals1(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2014
remsonik:
Well you have done well in educating people on this thread. I know alaafin well, I grew up in oyo town and some of his kids were my classmates. As old as he is he's very smart and kind,his english is impeccable,he gets younger and lighter every day. Some says he uses ajidewe. He picks a wife every year,some of them are very young girls with some still in secondary school while he married them. There's another myth that he's using the women for something.
He's a loving father,all his kids live in the palace and he gives them equal opportunity. You won't know their mothers apart when you see them. He visits them on visiting days in secondary school then which happens once a month.

picks wife every year shocked..and thise girls agree to marry him knowing tht there wil be an addition to it every year angry angry
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by manowar1: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2014
They said the king in Yoruba have black juju power.

But how come the bleach soap and cream work on his skin?

My dad is the friend of this king many years ago. The king is black in pic and now is fanta colour.

No abuse just a question

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by BankuTilapia2: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2014
So nigerians are Brazilians now? cheesy grin cheesy grin Few weeks ago, someone said here that you were Jews cheesy grin
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2014
I think the issue with Oyo and Ife is because the Ooni started out as a regent than a King and also because he is not a direct descendant of Oduduwa through Okanbi. But he however rules over Ile-Ife which is the source of all Yorubas and thus deserves all the respect he gets.

I don't find the arguments amusing though, they are very divisive I must say.

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by elbinmanny(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2014
i fit swear say this alaafin dey bleach.... im i the only one seeing the multi colored knockles undecided
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass: Its the queen of england that made the Ooni of Ife the Paramount ruler if not The Ooni won't even dare the Owa of Ijesaland let alone the Alafin of Oyo.

Lmao! What is this?

You need to learn the problem of superiority face off between Oyo and Ife was caused by the same British.

Ibadan was the power base, did the bidding of Alaafin and gained recognition for Oyo/Alaafin who was seen as their overlord; Alaafin was seen as Yoruba head as a result and was the signee of several treaties between Yoruba and British.

Years after, British realized the error of recognizing Alaafin rather than Ooni andtried to make corrections. One of them was making Ooni the paramount ruler and head of Western Region. Furthermore, he was also called to settle crown disputes amongst other attempts to give him his rightful place in Yoruba land.

Read!

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 25, 2014
olukenzo: I think the issue with Oyo and Ife is because the Ooni started out as a regent than a King and also because he is not a direct descendant of Oduduwa through Okanbi. But he however rules over Ile-Ife which is the source of all Yorubas and thus deserves all the respect he gets.

I don't find the arguments amusing though, they are very divisive I must say.
Ooni was never a regent, that's one of the lies created by Alaafin lamidi, hot air as usual. All the current and past Ooni in Ife after oduduwa descended from Ooni Oranmiyan, the 4th Ooni of Ife, a grandson of Ooni oduduwa.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by emmasege: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2014
The current Alaafin is nothing but a disgrace to Yoruba race. There is no doubt to the fact that Oranmiyan (the youngest of the seven grandsons of Oduduwa) was a true descendant of Oduduwa but as for this current Alaafin, I doubt if he's truly from the lineage. Nitoripe omo ale ni yo fi owo osi juwe ile Baba re. He thinks more of himself than he really is. Historically, he's the paramount ruler of the old Oyo empire, the same way Olowu (his elder brother) is, in Owu kingdom. Anyway, awa omo oko mo orisun wa sa o. Awon omo ale le lo fi oko se ile.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: go back to the library and get a good text on the History of Yoruba...Ile-Ife was mere headquarter while OYO is our REAL Ancestral home...Ooni and Alaafin was never a mate and will never be!

Olodo! cheesy

Even your Alaafin waits on the Ooni/Ile-Ife to for sword of authority before being authenticated or validated as an ascending king in Oyo.

Engaging in exchanges with you is a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Akinsz: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2014
raumdeuter: Iku baba yeye

Alashe Ikeji orisha
ojo o pa sekeré
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2014
9jacrip:

Olodo! cheesy

Even your Alaafin waits on the Ooni/Ile-Ife to for sword of authority before being authenticated or validated as an ascending king in Oyo.

Engaging in exchanges with you is a waste of time.
pardon ma ignoramus...am not really an Olodo like u posited above.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: pardon ma ignoramus...am not really an Olodo like u posited above.

Apologies then.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2014
9jacrip:

Apologies then.
peace...

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by oduastates: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2014
Good .
Now time for him to drop that Islamic religion and back to our forefather's religion .

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by NewNigeriaMind: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2014
Educating thread....

Nice one by the Oba.

When will Owa of Ijesaland do something now. I am omo ogboni of ijesaland though I haven't been to my ancestrail hometown.

Proudly Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by karpentar: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Ooni is just like a head of state in parliamentarianism ....Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is more than a king in Yorubaland,he is a god!

What of you? What are you?
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Sloan: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

How do these younger women sleep on the same bed and allow their grand father touch them?

Maybe you should direct your question to Agbari Ojuku the man who was banging his granddaughter, the very daughter of his so called friend (betrayer, traitor Ojuks of a friend). It must main ibos that Yorubas are too much, so advanced they will never catchup till eternity. A Yoruba man has got too much swag, so confident, absolutely brilliant yet respectful and caring of his woman, something alien to the ibo who wake up their fathers and mothers with a sliding tackle and uppercut!

16 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
Ooni was never a regent, that's one of the lies created by Alaafin lamidi, hot air as usual. All the current and past Ooni in Ife after oduduwa descended from Ooni Oranmiyan, the 4th Ooni of Ife, a grandson of Ooni oduduwa.

I witnessed this argument in the past (around 2009/10) with you, NegroNtns, Kats and some other people, I didn't it to the end unfortunately. Question, History tells me of Adimu, who came after Oduduwa and also, If I am right, Ooni Orayan was the 6th or was it 8th Ooni?

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tmanuelle(m): 10:59am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Igbakeji Orisa...all hail Oba Lamidi!
Omowe irunmole ti n gbe nu afin (the learned deity living in the palace)
All hail Oba Adeyemi III

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by 9jatatafo(m): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2014
How could an Alaafin leave his palace and jet out to Brazil for cultural things? The best thing is for the head of the Yoruba speaking tribe and their entourage in Brazil to pay homage to the Alaafin in his Atiba's Palace in Oyo. I don't like what the King has done. It is when the Yoruba speaking Brazilians come to Oyo that will be more respectful. The Alaafin's trip to Brazil is all but globe trotting move. Just airing my view and what I think is right for our Obas and politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by REVENGER12: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

You are assuming the children are truly his
Don't underestimate a woman on a mission
He is incapable of putting on any fires in the bedroom
Biology doesn't lie
She just lets him believe he does
The real bobo that strokes her fire is undercover

Beatrice Hoesisi, uno dey tire? Na waoooo

8 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 25, 2014
Sloan:

something alien to the ibo who wake up their fathers and mothers with a sliding tackle and uppercut!
grin grin grin
den be street fighter characters ni.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tmanuelle(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=magnetik][/quote]

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by NeuroBoss(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=RoyalRoy]

[font=Georgia] Hahaha

Most known polygamists dont sit on the fence and raise "bastards" not to talk of a traditional ruler.

Check out M.K.O Abiola, he surely got a lot of bastards brought forth as his but in his own "way" without DNA et all, he still could sieve his own from the shaft.

I believe its not the Alaafin that will be lagging behind.

P.S there is a traditional law/myth/ curse on any man who sleeps with a woman a Yoruba king has already slept with, except the king dies. Such men die prematurely, violently and never make a headway in life afterwards.

True! This may be the reason behind the untimely death of MKO himself. He snatched one of the wives of an Osun monarch
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2014
olukenzo:

I witnessed this argument in the past (around 2009/10) with you, NegroNtns, Kats and some other people, I usually dont follow it to the end unfortunately. Question, History tells me of Adimu, who came after Oduduwa and also, If I am right, Ooni Orayan was the 6th or was it 8th Ooni?
Adimula was same as Oduduwa. Some call him Olofin Adimula.

Some other yoruba believe oduduwa had a second child that begat Adimula e.g the aramoko-ekiti people in Ekiti but that does not exist in the Ifa corpus.Some other Yoruba tribe would also tell you that oranmiyan never left a crown in Oyo hereby claiming Alaafin is not related to Odua e.g the Ifon-Osun-Orolu people in Osun. Some would tell you one of the obalufons created their town when he fled ife after the arrival of oranmiyan therefore they are descendants of obatala and not oduduwa e.g the Ifon -Alaiye people in Ekiti.

Ooni Oranmiyan would come 4th if you remove the Obalufons who where descendants of Obatala. Oranmiyan came back from his sojourn and reclaimed his fathers throne. Since then, his lineage had been producing Oonis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.