Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) (75825 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy: Just check out the regalia and swags of Oba Adeyemi With his pretty queen.!!!

And then some ignorant few will claim Ooni of Ife is the greater of the two kings.

Is it not obvious the Alaafin is pushing more of the Yoruba culture and tradition all over the globe than the Ooni?

He has the flair and charisma that portrays a true royal king of the yorubas. Never mincing words, always real and factual.

I believe he is one of the very few revered and articulate kings left in Yoruba land. If not the greatest of this generation.

May he never stumble. Amen.

Where Oba Sijuwade has not been impressive as Ooni, the Ooni title is first in Ile-Oodua. Am personally disappointed at this current Ooni

Alaafin Oba Adeyemi has been much better as an Oba.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
gbaskiboy: IgbaKeji Orisa, how are u sir!
One thing I admire about this Man, he speaks English and Yoruba language Fluently. When speaking yoruba he'll never mixed with any forms of words in english and vice versa..

True cheesy

All hail Iku baba yeye!

Oranmiyan a gbe wa o

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ishilove:
god ko, godot ni

Actually Alaafin is a God
If you don't like it go kill urself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by REVENGER12: 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

Kai
So I have been busted?
Hahahahaha
Clap for yourself
Is it shango,shoponno or oduduwa that revealed that one to you?
Tell him he has been useless since 1914

Signed
Biaty Osisi,the nemesis of umu awolowo grin

Beatrice Hoesisi, bitter old woman cool

14 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Is it true that nobody looks at the Alaafin through a mirror? In fact it is said that his cars usually don't have rear-view mirrors.
Aji se bi Oyo lari, Oyo ki se bi baba eni kankan.

I remember trying to take a photo of Deji Akure. He didn't appear in the photo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by dont8(m): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
But do you know that Oba Adesida III didn't like to take pictures during his reign, I was in the Palace when he died and they have to take the picture in that state he was.
macof:

I remember trying to take a photo of Deji Akure. He didn't appear in the photo grin grin
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass:

Yes, how many of yoruba history do you know? Do you even know the meaning of that name Ooni

cheesy

No, do you mind telling me, please?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by pablus: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
very nice! the king looks great and truly regal. keep Yoruba and Nigeria positive out there!!
i recall that Brazil donated a nice building to Nigeria years ago, but FGN never furnished it when I visited Pelourinho (in Bahia, Brazil) years ago.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
c

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by 7lives: 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass: Its the queen of england that made the Ooni of Ife the Paramount ruler if not The Ooni won't even dare the Owa of Ijesaland let alone the Alafin of Oyo.

Guy I salute you, you sabi history well well. I believed that even Ooni knows that he is not a king, Aromolaran Owa obokun of Ijesaland knows history, he was the one who told Ooni what he needs to know and since then Ooni has been quiet.
Ta lon je omo akuwarapa loju omo akuyanyan, Ooni that can't even match the likes of Orangun of Ila is the one people are comparing with Alafin of Oyo, yeye dey smell.
Kabiyesi Alafin Oyo
Oba nla tii foba je
Oko dudu oko pupa
Oko borokini baba Salami
Ore ajele pataki ti nbe l'ajule orun
Olowo adugbo baba Gbadegesin
Eni a Pete pero pe ka dowo e dele
To je pe pipele lon pele si
Oro to s'akalamagbo to fi dekun erin run
To ba se gunugun a wonkoko m'ori eyin
Iku t'oma pa Lamidi Adeyemi Alaafin Oyo
To ba wo ile ibomi a so di ahoro
Kaaaaaa biiiii yeeee siii ooooo
Mo yika otun o
Mo yika osi o
K'ade pe lori, ki bata pe l'ese
kaaaabiiiieeesiiiiioooooo.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
RebelLeader15:
Alagba, it seems your Library is different from other people"s own, go back to a real Library and read about the history of Yoruba very well, Ile-ife is the ancestral home while Oyo is the fuckn headquarter!!!!

Ibadan has even long replaced Oyo as the Yoruba headquarters

sexywale:
Thanks for admitting... yes politically, circa
400 years ago. But when the Dahomey
sacked Oyo ile. Oyo became politically
handicapped and irrelivant since then.
It wasn't Dahomey that destroyed oyo-ile, Dahomey was an Oyo colony for must of Oyo's imperial period.

It was a joint force of Sokoto and Ilorin that sacked Oyo-Ile, driving the inhabitants southwards.
The ilorin gained their independence but Sokoto continued raids against other Oyo Towns, they went as far as Osogbo where the now strong miliary of Ibadan drove them back to Sokoto

olukenzo: {
I think the issue with Oyo and Ife is because
the Ooni started out as a regent than a King
and also because he is not a direct
descendant of Oduduwa through Okanbi. But
he however rules over Ile-Ife which is the
source of all Yorubas and thus deserves all
the respect he gets.
I don't find the arguments amusing though,
they are very divisive I must say.

But The Ooni is a direct descendent of oduduwa.
In the Ooni list, only two outside Oduduwa's household have occupied the position, but they were sacked by Oranmiyan who became 6th Ooni and has continued the Ooni line since then

Ooni title is not of a slave, but a king of kings
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by IloveGH: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Woooooow!!!! I was shocked to see that the man is obviously bleaching his skin shocked shocked shocked…. An African king for that matter, SMH!

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Ishilove: 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
macof:

Actually Alaafin is a God
If you don't like it go kill urself
god my asss.

I will kill myself after you have killed yourself.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Ishilove: 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
musiwa94: [size=18pt]If you look at Obarami the Oba of Benin picture very carefully. You will notice Obarami look abit like me.. the reason why Obaremi look abi like me, is because It was abomination in those for the Prince of any of the town to marry out of the Royal house. So all Oba of town were related to me by blood at that time. if you dont believe go and ask the present of obas. because the laws was all Oba are suppose to be my children either it was the awujale of egba or ooni of ile ife or alafin of oyo oor soun of ogbomosho etc..

If you look at the old picture of the awujale of egba or Oba of lagos, atawuja of osogbo, ooni of ile ife etc You will notice that they all look like me. Because at the time, all prince most marry from the Royal house.. so they married their cousin. So it made them look alike.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1121927_1121579_293831_10201273874108616_185131635_n_jpg1479ea8098c8c05b4599fc3eb0f46fa1_jpg820ff1784d6c96caef3834d2241ff4e2
Hian, musiwa!! undecided
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
5thNOTE: Who told u they sold themselves, when they where tributries of the ancient Benin Kingdom time of no records then they were sold, meanwhile no main Benin or Edo ppl were sold as slaves. The Oba of Benin could trade the subjects(yorubas) at the edges of his kingdom to slave traders and 4 ur info there were only representative chiefs of the yorubas. Infact thats why yorubas could spread mightly becuse they hate burden or lording and had no king and even if they tried to have a kingdom, it was always subject and obedient to the Benin kingdom.

cbrass: its you that should read and not me cos
everything was mere politics who the hell is
the bloody stranger called Ooni...FYI OOni is
a complete stranger in yoruba land

Two madmen grin
keep living the dream

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
musiwa94: Royalroy started the whole confusion, It was a nice thread but he spoilt the thread himself by trying to downgrade Ooni and Ile-Ife.

He should have read more about Ile-Ife and Yoruba culture before he posted that sh1t.

How can Alaafin be greater than Ooni when Alaafin is Son of Ife, can a Son be greater than his Father?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1590520_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71

[b][size=18pt]
You people should stop telling lies online and written useless book to make money.. And deceiving people..

You the story is not a correct story.

Adeyemi Great grand father was install as the alafin of oyo town by my great grand father Ademusiwa. My great grand father install the ooni of ile ife in Ile ife, and the Awujale of Egbaland, and install the Oba of Benin etc. My great grand father was the Emperor of Yoruba people and Western nigeria. the ooni of ile ife was only a spoke person ..

If you look at the face of Alafin of Oyo. You will find the tribal mark of three on his face, that he is the son of Akanbi. the third child. Alafin of oyo, Oba of Benin and Nana of itsekiri were found to be involve in slave trade. they reported their activities to my great grand father, which by Culture was Emperor and he now set up a panel to investigate their activities and They were found guilt and punish.because it was abomination to sell people. My great grand father replaced Alafin of oyo, Oba of Benin and Nana of itsekiri because of their involvement in selling people into slavery.

This is how my great grnd father install adeyemi great grand father as the new alafin of Oyo. and install the olu of ibadan because in Yoruba culture my family is the Emperor, And the installation of an Oba is done by my family.. because initially Yoruba use to use the crown of Oduduwa , which is the property of my family to install an oba in a town. The story that ooni of ile ife was the Emperor of Yoruba people was not correct. My family was the Emperor of the whole of the Yoruba people.

That why my name is AdeMusiwa. Pictures dont lie

If you dont believe, look at the face of the alafin of oyo. you will find the mark 3 , which mean the third child [/size][/b]

The Oba of nairaland gburugburu
Igweeeeeee!!!!!!

Go on soun!
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MsNas(f): 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
booqee: good thing you're a lady if not I'd have given u a kiss! best reply ever!! grin
I'd gladly take the kiss, no homo bae grin
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
c
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
musiwa94: babyosisi.. Dont mis quote me.. And stop trying to use my word to deceive the people. the Alafin of Oyo and ooni of ile ife are brothers, the ooni of ile ife is not the father of alafin. the ooni of ile ife and the alafin of Oyo are both children of Akanbi. [/size]

Aare ona kakanfo of nairaland!!
The amanyanabo of nairaland
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
musiwa94: look at this women carefully, that why I said can the city of toronto shout halleluya

Oduduwa had twin children before akanbi.

awolowo tried to rewrite Yoruba history for political gain... Awolowo even went as far as claiming that kwara and kogi were not part of western nigeria because he did not want to respect the culture, who were against him selling newspaper.

[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-QWQYjlpERxQ/T_JfEvEadxI/AAAAAAAAAqw/JEO-yUEESTk/s1600/103_1035.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-NYGOQCGjaFM/T_JgBNVZnyI/AAAAAAAAArE/SdwG4ZSqtPc/s320/103_1037.JPG[/img]

someone said I was derailing the thread
Now musiwa the alake of nairaland and his size 28 fonts, don enter
Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
macof:

Ibadan has even long replaced Oyo as the Yoruba headquarters

It wasn't Dahomey that destroyed oyo-ile, Dahomey was an Oyo colony for must of Oyo's imperial period.

It was a joint force of Sokoto and Ilorin that sacked Oyo-Ile, driving the inhabitants southwards.
The ilorin gained their independence but Sokoto continued raids against other Oyo Towns, they went as far as Osogbo where the now strong miliary of Ibadan drove them back to Sokoto

But The Ooni is a direct descendent of oduduwa.
In the Ooni list, only two outside Oduduwa's household have occupied the position, but they were sacked by Oranmiyan who became 6th Ooni and has continued the Ooni line since then

Ooni title is not of a slave, but a king of kings
You are correct, I mixed it up with the Dahomey revolt below. The Oyo kingdom was already weak due to internal power tussle and after Dahomey achieved victory, it was an easy ride for afonja to sack Oyo with his abok.i and nupe army.

The Dahomey Revolt
In 1823, The Oyo army was decisively
defeated, ending Oyo's hegemony over Dahomey.
After gaining its independence, Dahomey began raiding
the corridor.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Seuncoded(f): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
He his true God decendant
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
PeterKbaba:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw4sO7BLczk
The Oyo guys would soon be here to claim that these Ife artifacts belong to Alaafin. grin
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

someone said I was derailing the thread
Now musiwa the alake of nairaland and his size 28 fonts, don enter
Hahahahahaha
Thread had been derailed from 0 page by the poster that first posted with large times new roman fonts. Others only helped in derailing it further.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

The Oba of nairaland gburugburu
Igweeeeeee!!!!!!

Go on soun!

Na real Oba Gburugburu.

This thread don enter kiriji war and ekiti-parapo war all together.

Too bad I ain't got much time to slug it out. Sad.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by vodkat: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
musiwa94:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1590520_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71

[b][size=18pt]
You people should stop telling lies online and written useless book to make money.. And deceiving people.. alafian of oyo and the ooni of ile ife are both children of akanbi, the third child of oduduwa, that why you find the 3 mark on the face of alafin of oyo, there is the soun of ogbomosho just less than 1 hour from oyo town. where the alafin is oba.

Adeyemi Great grand father was install as the alafin of oyo town by my great grand father Ademusiwa. My great grand father install the ooni of ile ife in Ile ife, and the Awujale of Egbaland, and install the Oba of Benin etc. My great grand father was the Emperor of Yoruba people and Western nigeria. the ooni of ile ife was only a spoke person ..

If you look at the face of Alafin of Oyo. You will find the tribal mark of three on his face, that he is the son of Akanbi. the third child. Alafin of oyo, Oba of Benin and Nana of itsekiri were found to be involve in slave trade. they reported their activities to my great grand father, which by Culture was Emperor and he now set up a panel to investigate their activities and They were found guilt and punish.because it was abomination to sell people. My great grand father replaced Alafin of oyo, Oba of Benin and Nana of itsekiri because of their involvement in selling people into slavery.

This is how my great grnd father install adeyemi great grand father as the new alafin of Oyo. and my grand father install the olu of ibadan because in Yoruba culture my family is the Emperor, And the installation of an Oba is done by my family.. because initially Yoruba use to use the crown of Oduduwa , which is the property of my family to install an oba in a town. The story that ooni of ile ife was the Emperor of Yoruba people was not correct. My family had always been the Emperor of the whole of the Yoruba people.

That why my name is AdeMusiwa. Pictures dont lie

If you dont believe, look at the face of the alafin of oyo. you will find the mark 3 , which mean the third child [/size][/b]

U don smoke that thing again this guy
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by hercules07: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
Thread had been derailed from 0 page by the poster that first posted with large times new roman fonts. Others only helped in derailing it further.

The Alaafin is superior to the Ooni on all fronts, it was the politics of the AG that elevated the Ooni, who was the Ooni to talk, hell, even the Modakekes sacked Ife several times, even when the Ibadans disagreed with Alaafin, they did not have the temerity to attack Oyo.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by cbrass(m): 6:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
7lives:

Guy I salute you, you sabi history well well. I believed that even Ooni knows that he is not a king, Aromolaran Owa obokun of Ijesaland knows history, he was the one who told Ooni what he needs to know and since then Ooni has been quiet.
Ta lon je omo akuwarapa loju omo akuyanyan, Ooni that can't even match the likes of Orangun of Ila is the one people are comparing with Alafin of Oyo, yeye dey smell.
Kabiyesi Alafin Oyo
Oba nla tii foba je
Oko dudu oko pupa
Oko borokini baba Salami
Ore ajele pataki ti nbe l'ajule orun
Olowo adugbo baba Gbadegesin
Eni a Pete pero pe ka dowo e dele
To je pe pipele lon pele si
Oro to s'akalamagbo to fi dekun erin run
To ba se gunugun a wonkoko m'ori eyin
Iku t'oma pa Lamidi Adeyemi Alaafin Oyo
To ba wo ile ibomi a so di ahoro
Kaaaaaa biiiii yeeee siii ooooo
Mo yika otun o
Mo yika osi o
K'ade pe lori, ki bata pe l'ese
kaaaabiiiieeesiiiiioooooo.

Bro, God will bless you for this truth, some uninformed ppl are just carrying fake stories up and down, even the stranger called Ooni of Ife knows the truth. If you recolect Ooni has always been flirting with the powers at the central and selling the future of is ppl, where was the Ooni when Arugbu from ipetu-ijesa took ifewara as captives, infact my dad still met some of the decedants of the slaves. Ooni will always and forever be a stranger in yoruba land

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.