Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,360 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing (72336 Views)

Guys, Some Very Silly Things You Should Stop Doing / Guys, Silly Things You Should Stop Doing When Your Are 25yrs& Above / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Anacksunamun: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
dagentility: So Op,if guys stop doing all these you mentioned, which other ways do you want them to be romantic.
There's a huge difference between being romantic and being dumb. Guys that does the aforementioned listed idiocies are simply DUMB not romantic!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by justinbravo: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Boys will be boys

2 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
LaurelP: Guys can be very annoying at times.
I just don't know why many of us indulge in these irritating behaviors

1. Staring at a lady's backside: 90% guys do this. They just can't help turning around whenever a female passes, just to check out her backside. Its very irritating and rude too. Guys pls stop it grin

2.Calling a girl and saying "I just want to hear your voice": To me this is just dumb! And that's why that girl can never call you. She assumes you don't have a life. Guys, even if you're jobless at d moment, pls find sth to do even if its free, a hobby or volunteer work just to fill the time. Than to waste your time wanting to hear a girl's voice.

3. Thanking a lady for accepting their friend request on Facebook: As if they have won gold. Its so annoying and smacks of both desperation and lack of self worth. At worst, you should welcome the person and say that you're looking forward to knowing more about her. Not writing silly stuffs like "Baby thanks for accepting me as your friend".

4. Asking for a girl's number just too early: Many guys feel very fulfilled getting a girl's digits. Guys, there's no big deal in it! You might even end up not calling them at the end of the day. Take your time and let the girl wonder why you aren't rushing to get her digits like most would do.

5.Always wanting to please ladies: I'm not saying its bad to be a gentleman, its just that some guys take it too far. They go against their own morals and ethics just to please a lady. Come on! That she's not all smiles doesn't mean she's unhappy or worried. Some ladies just use these tactics to make you do what you shouldn't do.

6. Giving out large sums of money for sex: For God's sake guys, you won't die if you don't have sex. Stop acting as if your whole life depends on sex. Some guys would abandon their parents and siblings and be spending large on a girl who hasn't added nothing in his life save for the sex. Guys pls learn!

7. Agreeing to whatever the ladies say in order to become a gentleman: We see this on NL here sometimes. Some guys have earned that reputation of always supporting, liking comments made by ladies not because its true, but because they're ladies.

There are many of them.... Pls add yours

smh

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Bryan12(m): 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
aljazira: The one i hate so so much is when a lady post her picture(s) and we men will throw our comments in less than 30min with 'looking sweet','enjoyment madam','thats my baby',bla bla bla........the same girl in question will never add any comment about u when u post urs.Guys wake up....V.g.na full world brekete and stop killing urself on 1 lady when she care less about u.Guys pls lets wake up fast.
The first paragraph actually made sense

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by rutibaby(f): 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
For me, I don't think No. 2 is a silly thing. I do so to some of my male friends & I do feel special when they do same 2 me. It makes me feel dat someone cares & thinks about me & they also tell me dat they do feel so when I check up on them. That's NO big deal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Ifecoded(m): 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
an guilty of 1 and 2 buh sees nothin wrong in it. Am gnna stop wen am truly convinced dat its nt good buh as for naw pray dat God strenghtens me and bless me. Na my order of d day.

2 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by bukatyne(f): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
@OP:

The earlier you realise people are different and there is no stereotyped behaviour, the better for you.

Everytime I call any one (mother, father, pastor, friend) etc. I always say after talking a while 'I just called to say hi/hello/to greet you'

Everytime someone accepts my friend invite, I thank them. Whenever people comment on my thread on NL, I sometimes welcome them to my thread.

I guess that makes me a wimpy lady right?

A little courtesy and politeness will do us all a whole lot of good

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by YACAA(f): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
I think any guy should just be himself so that for any girl who appreciates who he is and what he does, he knows it is genuine. Yes, some of the things mentioned above are annoying till someone you like does it then it becomes cute. To each his own.

9 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by haibe(m): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
aljazira: The one i hate so so much is when a lady post her picture(s) and we men will throw our comments in less than 30min with 'looking sweet','enjoyment madam','thats my baby',bla bla bla........the same girl in question will never add any comment about u when u post urs.Guys wake up....V.g.na full world brekete and stop killing urself on 1 lady when she care less about u.Guys pls lets wake up fast.

As in some girls won't even reply their post sef

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Stevosty: 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
@op, It's only a gay that won't do any of these. Are you saying most girls don't like all these you mentioned?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Daffar: 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
lirusehn: like seriously numb 3 (saying thanks wen a lady accepts them on Facebook) sucks. I hate it like hell.

To make it worse, instead of sending it straight to D̶̲̥̅̊ lady's inbox, U̶̲̥̅̊ see them writting it on her timeline so everybody can c it... It suckgzzzz like hell

3 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
onihaxy: Hmmmmmmm
you re guilty of no 3 wen adepimbe accept u

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by jibsai(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
God bless U bro...great response...none of my bidness if any1 decides to say thank u to a lady on facebook or in fact toast her sef(ko kan aye o). If I meet a gurl in transit and I'd like to meet her again. Is it a crime to collect her number? Nothing like its early mr Op, this is 2014, its better u collect number politely and run your game...
In conclusion Op, I know you are only trying to make some points, its good but, u cannot try and change people, u can only change yourself, if its not working for u, its working for many people out there...Capish!

striktlymi:

To stare may just be pushing it but asking guys not to look (at least a glance) would be to deny the very thing that makes us men. We do it out of impulse.

I think it's cool. Some guys do that when they have nothing much to say to the lady. Probably their way of letting the lady know that they are thinking of her. Better to call and say that than not call at all. Nothing wrong there.

I think it's courteous and gentlemanly to say thank you, even when it's something as trivial as getting added on facebook. Though the world need not know. A private message would do just fine.

I don't think any time is too early to ask for a lady's number as long as it is done politely, such that the lady is not embarrassed in the process.

I agree that one shouldn't do wrong to please anyone (male of female), but we are obligated as men to try and make ladies reasonably comfortable.

That's called prostitution I guess.

Related to point number 5.

2 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by fapcrook(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
They should stop holding their penis or scrotum while walking, hate it

5 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by siegfried99(m): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
fapcrook: They should stop holding their penis or scrotum while walking, hate it

Lolz..

Lwkm grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by seankay(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
What makes number one a silly thing? One of the physical asset that attracts me to the opposite sex is the backside so why won't I check her out? Number 3 is dumb!! I don't agree with number 4 though, so you gon let go of a girl your prolly not gon meet again? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by udemzyudex(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
I'm guilty of number one and i think its normal.
Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by popson1st: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
..going to shoprite to propose to a lady..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Debayurr: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Men and sons of men.....As long as boyz wud still be men and men would still bore boyz...@ OP We'll still be very guilty of your 1st comment...can u imagine dis image while on a long queue @ GTB?bros so wot shud I b staring @?.Cos I was facing my front and she was obstructing my view...We know its wrong buh its a reflex programmed in our brains...#realist

8 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by joelenesleek(f): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
kroomtravels:
i think you are womanwrappering here
come to my house, you deserve a French kiss. kiss
Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by lekjons(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
if there is a 1 month jail term 4 those who do numb 1,i'd probably b servin life imprisonment by now!

5 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by MAYOWAAK: 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
If cooks enjoy cookery; poets enjoy poetry; carpenters enjoy carpentry; surgeons enjoy surgery and infants enjoy infancy, why can't adults enjoy adultery?

2 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
...If a woman leaves a man with vision and follows a man with television soon she'll watch the man with vision on her husband's television....
Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Funni thread.... @ OP Ur so on point. Na sosmiley

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by cole265(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
dre11: how about looking at the attack of a woman until u forget that ure being caught watching

Guys forget o. Looking is sweet o. I believe ladies like that too. I have looked at a girl backside while driving and found myself in the gutter ounce. Lol...so funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by sirjohnson(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
striktlymi:

To stare may just be pushing it but asking guys not to look (at least a glance) would be to deny the very thing that makes us men. We do it out of impulse.

I think it's cool. Some guys do that when they have nothing much to say to the lady. Probably their way of letting the lady know that they are thinking of her. Better to call and say that than not call at all. Nothing wrong there.

I think it's courteous and gentlemanly to say thank you, even when it's something as trivial as getting added on facebook. Though the world need not know. A private message would do just fine.

I don't think any time is too early to ask for a lady's number as long as it is done politely, such that the lady is not embarrassed in the process.

I agree that one shouldn't do wrong to please anyone (male of female), but we are obligated as men to try and make ladies reasonably comfortable.

That's called prostitution I guess.

Related to point number 5.

Ogbeni, you get time o

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Ifecoded(m): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
as far as am concerned num 3 is d only point here, we dont think same way and u cant expect us to act in same manner. Thats y a beautiful lady to me may nt be as beautiful to yu as i had tot, guys are configured that way. Even pastors appreciates ladies that re well dressed attymz, 99.9per cent ladies gossip, its dia traits u cant take it away frm dem. And for every six guys u walked past on d road three is thinkin abt sex

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by cole265(m): 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
lekjons: if there is a 1 month jail term 4 those who do numb 1,i'd probably b servin life imprisonment by now!

Oll boy, we ate together on this. Thank God there is nothing like dat. Ladies too secretly like it...it cost nothing

2 Likes

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by cococandy(f): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
What a thread grin grin grin

Well as for your number 5. Some guys deliberately disagree with everything a lady says just to feel like they are manly and not womanwrappering. Lol

I've seen such guys. It's hard to make sense with them cos they just have to try and disagree.even when what you're saying clear.

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
rutibaby: For me, I don't think No. 2 is a silly thing. I do so to some of my male friends & I do feel special when they do same 2 me. It makes me feel dat someone cares & thinks about me & they also tell me dat they do feel so when I check up on them. That's NO big deal.

Exactly!
Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
A perfect example =====>

tosyne2much: am so sowi Temigracie... That was my first time of being rude.. Twas a slip of typing.. *modified*

guilty of number 5!

undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing by mahleeq(m): 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
cool offers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How A Lady Reacted After Seeing Face Of The Man Asking Her Out (pics) / JimDre Westbrook, 32-Year-Old Virgin Man (Photos) / Nairalander Weds His Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.