Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (61271 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / The Acculturuation Bewteen Midwestern And Eastern Nigerian Cultures. / Wicked Widowhood Practices That Must Be Abolished In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Andala: 5:18am On Nov 04, 2008
Igbo:Men going for chieftaincy titles to tell people how wealthy they are when richer men are humble and don't care about it
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by bawomolo(m): 5:21am On Nov 04, 2008
dada is usually only found among people who attend CELE, it's usually cut when they come of age.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by lucabrasi(m): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
going bankrupt because of ozo title or being a red cap chief

eyo masquerade while its awesome to watch,beating each other and spectators with the stick senseless,

some useless proverbs used in hood winking youths/younger generation and conditioning them to continually respect elders ,even these who dont deserve respect

majority of the so called elders rather than show good examples have continually pushed the boundaries of sensibilities and shown bad examples, so called elders sleeping with their children who in turn will keep quiet because of "respecting their elders"
elders stealing nigeria blind,sleeping with their son's wife and still being shielded e.t.c
they r not on any moral highground to demand respect as it is earned not brought from heaven or n the number of grey hairs you have, at least america and the rest are not hypocrites and will only respect elders who have earned that respect,
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2008
Some people here want to get your attention so much that they talk through their ass sometimes just to get you talking. I believe I said that I hate it when elders yarn opata and expect you to shut your trap but where I said I'll disrespect them over that still beats me. I am seriously getting tired of these dime a dozen bimbos that needs to get some job and do something resourceful with their lives instead of bitching around the cyber world.

being smarter than your elders proves nothing if you don't have the humility to give them their due respect when necessary.

They say a child can have as many fine clothes as an elder, but you can't have as many rags as an elder.

I'm not talking about prostrating or whatnot here. Anyone who feels like prostrating should prostrate, and if its not your cup of tea, then don't.

Being in America or overseas doesnt mean people should start disrespecting others for no reason. True, many of the older generation may not be setting as good an example as one would wish, but being rude doesnt make anyone better than them.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2008
I am seriously getting tired of these dime a dozen bimbos that needs to get some job and do something resourceful with their lives instead of bitching around the cyber world

Funmi, read 95% of your threads and tell her who is the real "dime a dozen bimbo"

Take a look at your most recent and tell me/us that isnt the dumbest thread you've made til date.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2008
If it's very dumb then walk away and do something more resourceful with your life. Why do you want to waste your time reading dumb stuff from a frustrated lesbian that needs a husband asap or ain't you in school or something? tongue

How many times have you seen in sexuality section because I'm vaguely interested. Does it mean I should storm there and complain about their threads or accuse somebody of what he or she is not? Get a life and tell your parents to teach you simple etiquette.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2008
I work. Some of us arent into the graveyard shift, dear
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

How many times have you seen in sexuality section because I'm vaguely interested. Does it mean I should storm there and complain about their threads or accuse somebody of what he or she is not? Get a life and tell your parents to teach you simple etiquette.

You can be quite daft at times and you are OFTEN in Romance so what are you whining about? Your first post ever sef was IN Romance. As for accusing people of being this and that. Lmao, is this before or after you've accused people of being "juvis", "bimbos", calling Sisi a "jew" and all that nonsense.

Wanna be a hypocrite, fine but dont do it around those that know your retarded shticks well. Ok?
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2008
KarmaMod:

I work. Some of us arent into the graveyard shift, dear
Thanks for doing something with your life.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2008
Thank your parents more for sending you off to be a field negro for the Midwest wink
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by bawomolo(m): 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
catfight catfight catfight

make love not war ladies (tape it). jk cheesy
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by biolabee(m): 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2008
tpia

nice one on d research
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by MadMax1(f): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2008
Husband dies and relatives compound the woman's anguish with all manner of fetish and inhuman tribal rituals, and then turn her out of hearth and home.

Division of labour in the home according to gender with kids,laying the foundation for the unending gender stereotyping and discrimination there is in the country. In my line of work I tend to have done a service in a virtual environment,so to speak,before a physical meet. How many times have I been assumed male,for no other reason except I'm good at what I do? Let's see- 100% of the time!

Child marriages in the North infuriates me. They stake their claim, sometimes only days after the baby is born,and hand her out in her adolescence,pretty much shackling her to a tired,monotous,uninspired destiny,denying her education in most cases.

Automatically Respect the Wealthy syndrome,in which we evaluate an individual's worth as a human being by the physical evidence of well-to-do-ness we can see.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2008

Child marriages in the North infuriates me. They stake their claim, sometimes only days after the baby is born,and hand her out in her adolescence,pretty much shackling her to a tired,monotous,uninspired destiny,denying her education in most cases.

That's why my crusade in the near future will focus more on emancipating Northern women from the shackles of marital abuse and poverty.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by BabyJinx: 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2008
****Snort****
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by biolabee(m): 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2008
@babe_jinx

why now?
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by BabyJinx: 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2008
Why. . . SHE wants to save US?

What a laugh!

Lovely Words from the Emancipator about the "Emancipatees", makes my heart leap with joy, hope and faith. . . it does! kiss
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by DeepZone: 12:29am On Nov 06, 2008
Only a Tarzan prefers her shackles to what civilization has to offer . Gutter sniffing is very bad. undecided
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by chukwu25(m): 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2008
i think culture is a way of life of a certain people,these culture though outrageous,we should not forget they have been there for many generation,i think there are other ways in practicing culture than the way africans do.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by ow11(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2008
Holding the phone speaker to the mouth during a phone call? There's a difference between speaker and microphone!

Carrying too many bags when travelling outside the country. The airplanes have restrictions on the number of baggages you can carry yet Nigerians continue to carry gigantic bags with them.

scarring children for life with those horrid scars called tribal marks. They are supposed to identify you to your tribe in an era when other countries have ID cards. I stiil think a simple ID card is a lot better than carrying knife wounds on your face!!

Blocking sections of secondary roads in name of street parties. if you feel the need to throw a party, rent a Hall!
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by ijawgirl: 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2009
scarring children for life with those horrid scars called tribal marks. They are supposed to identify you to your tribe in an era when other countries have ID cards. I stiil think a simple ID card is a lot better than carrying knife wounds on your face!!

hehe
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by ijawgirl: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2009
Igbo- drinking the water used to wash your husband's dead body (gosh they almost made my aunty do that, bullcrap)
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by ChinenyeN(m): 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2009
ijaw_girl:

Igbo- drinking the water used to wash your husband's dead body (gosh they almost made my aunty do that, bullcrap)
The Igbo do that?
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by DeReloaded: 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2009
^ I suggest you look up your widow practices. Happens in some part of Oyo too I believe.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by osisi2(f): 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2009
It's actually more prevalent in Edo state and also happens in Rivers state.
ChinenyeN:

The Igbo do that?

I heard it and read it on nairaland too my dear
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by comfort3: 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2009
lol.always denying anything negative about the igbos, It's actually more prevalent in igbo states.(igboland)
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by osisi2(f): 11:50pm On Mar 25, 2009
*comfort:

lol.always denying anything negative about the igbos, It's actually more prevalent in igbo states.(igboland)

proof please or sharapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.