Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,415 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (61287 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / The Acculturuation Bewteen Midwestern And Eastern Nigerian Cultures. / Wicked Widowhood Practices That Must Be Abolished In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2008
Polygamy isnt "Nigerian".
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by omoge(f): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2008
the egg do have prob after 30 o. Science agree with that or at least my biology text said so. grin grin
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2008
1)Urinating by the road side especially hausas that squat and do it in every corner of lagos, exposing their weenie to even little cildren. i started seeing that as a little girl and that is sexual harrasment. Also, women that run bars must have restrooms so that the drunkards they produce do not expose themselves on the street because they are urinating in the gutter. The gutter is neither for urinating/defecating nor is it for [b]sniffing [/b]in the case on Northerners.

2)Throwing debris out of the car window. That is a very dirty habit we do and teach our children.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2008
Polygamy isnt "Nigerian".
Why do you like blind arguments. Polygamy is practiced in Nigeria. there is no indication that other cultures we condemn here cannot be seen in South america or asia or even Africa. I'm tired of juve's.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2008
@Omoge, Are you really in Fiji

Anyway, They build houses in the village because they intend to retire there.

wats the brouhaha about this undecided
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by omoge(f): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2008
killing of 3 cows to buried ones father who died many years ago. how wasteful. a son wasnt there when his dad died. he comes home 17years later he must kill cows, do party for all the villager and extended family members for the burial. what burial again? isn't it once to die, once to burial and after that judgement?
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2008
Benin Monarchy: there has been series of accusations leveled against the Benin Kingdom on how they bury or coronate their Oba with human heads. The Oba till this dead must be buried with his servants and any woman he points must marry him or,
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2008
@Omoge, Are you really in Fiji

Anyway, They build houses in the village because they intend to retire there.

wats the brouhaha about this
Very brilliant point.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by omoge(f): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2008
Gamine, do you want a real natural fruit? and a relaxation spot on the island?  wink

retire? oh it is hard to retire my sister. they still fear the winsh grin
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by omoge(f): 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2008
those oba and chief thing should be abolish. i don't see the point of having them.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2008
those oba and chief thing should be abolish. i don't see the point of having them.
Be careflu before they behead you because they like to sacrifice young women to the shrine. cheesy
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Why do you like blind arguments. Polygamy is practiced in Nigeria. there is no indication that other cultures we condemn here cannot be seen in South america or asia or even Africa. I'm tired of juve's.

and Im tired of retarded imbeciles.

Are you daft? This thread is about 'dirty NIGERIAN cultures", if anything polygamy now is MORE Islamic than traditional.

as for "no indiction", the fact that NIGERIA wa splaced in the title is enough to say that. Get a grip Funmi.

1 Like

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2008
How else will Nigerians get to feel important, omoge  grin

Seeing that people still get "knighted" in the UK so I dont see Nigerians leaving titles anytime soon
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2008
@Omoge

yeah, i need a Vacation.

I think You people are missing Barkono's Points here.

chei!
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2008
I ignored it on purpose, tpia

Gamine, it's not that anyone doesnt agree these traditins should be abolished, it's the fact that she;s giving each one a tribe like it only happens to particular tribes and it's not true.

I sense another a banning
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2008
But she just mentions the Tribes, shes heard or seen it from

if it happens elsewhere, you too. mention it

simple

shikena.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by chiogo(f): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2008
Why does this poster lie so much?

I guess some so-called adults really aren't adults. When did it become only an igbo culture for people living abroad to fly the deceased back home for burial? It's an individual thing so stop bluffing. I know some igbo people who do not even plan on living in Nigeria again not to mention being buried there. I know some Americans who've lived here all their lives but still live in apartments where as my parents own our house even though they plan on going back to Nigeria one day.

Thanks to Gamine, I guess the poster couldn't figure out why people would rather build houses in their home towns instead of owning one in the city where they live. Once again, it's because they plan on retiring there. The city is just a temporary spot. Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2008

simple

shikena.
Thank you.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2008

If she didnt end up arguing with those who tell her otherwise, then there wouldnt be any problems.

Romeo said Igbos arent the only ones who send corpses home, yet she still argued with him saying otherwise like she would know more than a guy who's actually Igbo

One doesnt even have to be of a particular tribe to know that bringing bodies home is a Nigerian thing esp the older generation

"Born on this soil, Buried on the soil"
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2008
Hiding behind Gamine isnt gonna help you

The fact that she had to be the one to tell you WHY people build houses in the village is very embarrassing
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by LadyT(f): 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2008
Peperspray's stats 54 posts per day

Total Time Spent Online: 10 hours and 22 minutes

Total Posts: 162 posts

Total Topics: 23 topics

Number of Polls Created: 1 polls

Number of Votes Cast: 3 votes

99% of your topics cause tribal wars.

LOG OFF!!!
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2008
Calabar: killing and eating dogs. Is that not against animals rights?

Igbo: Ekpe secret cult
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by tpia: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2008
Lol when osisi sees this thread eh
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2008
Nigeria:

Evacuating pregnant mothers and children from their homes because of a festival

Giving children away as maids and servants where they are abused

Using children as vendors/child labour. Does the Nigerian govt have child labor act?

1 Like

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2008
actually most underage housemaids are from Togo
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2008
Double marriage ceremony(traditional and white wedding) that are very expensive. Mainly seen among igbos, ibibios and Efiks.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by BabyJinx: 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2008
@ Deepzone

Washed UP. . . they believe every 30yrs old woman blah, blah whatever you wrote is washed UP not off.

Ibo lon wash wan lo? 
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2008
BILLS:

Nigerians have a habit of not paying their bills. They want free govt water, hospital, airport, roads, electricity, internet etc and hate paying taxes. I once read an editorial that said that even if southerners agree to pay for all those things, Northerners will not at least in this century. That is a very bad culture that is crippling our nations economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.