Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (61261 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / The Acculturuation Bewteen Midwestern And Eastern Nigerian Cultures. / Wicked Widowhood Practices That Must Be Abolished In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by agaba123(m): 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

So, in an attempt to scrap off the foreskin the clitoris is removed at times, that's when it becomes genital mutilation?
That is the expalantion the proponents of FGM will use to defend their belief.

In man, circumcision is the removal os the foreskin to eexpose the prepuce. But in women it is shear madness. It is wickedness.
Marrying a circumcised babe is life imprisonment with hard labour
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2008
agaba123:

There is no difference between circumcision and female genital mutilation(FGM).

Circumcision is the traditional name, FGM is used to discourage it as inhuman.

It is all about removing a portion of the clitoris. The purpose is to make a woman less promiscuous which does not work as the absence of the clit reduces sexual satisfaction and the woman end up changing partners in order to get satisfaction.
You girls clitoral stimulation is very important to daughters of eve grin

Agaba, may God bless you. . . . .
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Angolobabe(f): 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2008
women Circumcision

Tribal marks

child marriage
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2008

It is all about removing a portion of the clitoris. The purpose is to make a woman less promiscuous which does not work as the absence of the clit reduces sexual satisfaction and the woman end up changing partners in order to get satisfaction.
You girls clitoral stimulation is very important to daughters of eve

Please teach these clueless people and you're right that the purpose doesnt make any sense.

Just because she doesnt "enjoy it" doesnt mean she still wont go around. Common sense.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

So, in an attempt to scrap off the foreskin the clitoris is removed at times, that's when it becomes genital mutilation?

I still don't understand why that part of a woman's body should be touched at all.
It's wickedness and barbaric. . . . . .
Reports have even showed circumcised women can be promiscuous, so what the heck!!!
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2008
hahaha

Illiterates, as my Friend will say, this is the future, by the way grin

I'm sure Wikipedia is still available?? undecided

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2008
agaba123:

You girls clitoral stimulation is very important to daughters of eve grin

How did they come about this promiscous thingy? What experiment was carried out for them to arrive at such  conclusions? undecided Is it just an African idealogy or a general belief? undecided

~Sauron~:

I still don't understand why that part of a woman's body should be touched at all.
It's wickedness and barbaric. . . . . .
Reports have even showed circumcised women can be promiscuous, so what the heck!!!

It just has to be banned.
On tv the other day, a mother was pounding her daughter's breasts so that boys wouldn't chase her in Cameroun
How they come up with these things is frightening. All in the name of culture? undecided
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

On the tv the other day, a mother was pounding her daughter's breasts so that boys wouldn't chase her in Cameroun
How they come up with these things is frightening. All in the name of culture? undecided
Yeah, I read about that, these mothers would iron (IRON O! HOT BOILING STEAMING IRON! OMA SE O!) their daughters' breasts flat in order to avoid male attention  undecided

And all in the name of what? undecided
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by agaba123(m): 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

How did they come about this promiscous thingy? What experiment was carried out for them to arrive at such  conclusion? undecided Is it just an African idealogy or a general belief? undecided

You know some clit can be quite prominent like a small manliness. So it is possible they in the olden days saw babies with big clitoris and they removed it as abomination and later found out that those without were 'less interested in sex'

Or that they thought it is represents women's manliness and men were not ready to accept that rivalry from women and they decided to get them chopped off.
They would have believed that having a manliness makes one randy as men are. So removing the manliness in women who proabaly are not supposed to enjoy sex or be randy would make them keep away from sex.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

It just has to be banned.
On tv the other day, a mother was pounding her daughter's breasts so that boys wouldn't chase her in Cameroun

From ma own experience, the circumcised ones are the most promiscuous. . . .Thatz just the irony here.
What has a woman's clitoris gotta do with her sexual immorality??
Are all those nuns in the western world circumcised?? Why aren't they shagging every dog on the street??
Africans and their fake beliefs sha!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2008
agaba123:

You know some clit can be quite prominent like a small manliness. So it is possible they in the olden days saw babies with big clitoris and they removed it as abomination and later found out that those without were 'less interested in sex'

Or that they thought it is represents women's manliness and men were not ready to accept that rivalry from women and they decided to get them chopped off.
They would have believed that having a manliness makes one randy as men are. So removing the manliness in women who proabaly are not supposed to enjoy sex or be randy would make them keep away from sex.

Lol grin Abeg I tire, jare.

~Sauron~:

From ma own experience, the circumcised ones are the most promiscuous. . . .Thatz just the irony here.
Are all those nuns in the western world circumcised?? Why aren't they shagging every dog on the street??
Africans and their fake beliefs sha!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Don't you know that long before advent of a standard scientific method of observing, hypothesising etc our ancestors had devised their own ways of arriving at theories/conclusions. Ask Agaba. grin

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by RichyBlacK(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2008
If I have the power:

1. Any aspect of our culture that claims supernatural power will be abolished and their practitioners jailed! (They'll be free to use their supernatural powers to get out of jail).
*Killing another human being for the purposes of some ritual will be treated as "aggravated and premeditated murder" and would be the only offense with the possibility of the death penalty. (I hope the power they got from foolishly killing another human can bring them back from the dead, idiots!).
*Belief in witchcraft will be tolerated, however, attributing any event to witchcraft without concrete scientifically-supported evidence will attract a 3-month jail term or N100,000, or both.
*Killing another human as part of any traditional practice will result in life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.
*Any traditional ruler, chief, Oba, Eze, Emir, Sultan, Obong, Baale, etc. linked to ritual murder will be tried as a murderer and sentenced to life imprisonment. No respect will be given to anyone who kills any other person.

2. Any aspect of our culture that oppresses women, particularly widowed women, under-age women, and elderly women, would be instantly eradicated. Any opposition to this will be swiftly and permanently deal with.

3. All claims of supernatural power (excluding witchcraft claim above but including the myriad fake churches in Nigeria) without concrete scientifically-supported evidence will be treated as fraud and attract at least 3-months jail time and N100,000.

4. Any man who wants to marry another woman under customary law (traditional marriage) must be allowed to go ahead with the ceremony as soon as he is able to do it. Any financial obligation by him may not exceed N100,000. If the would-be in-laws prevent him from getting married to his bride because they want more money from him, he can file a suit against them. Such cases will be fast-tracked and those in-laws involved will be fined N100,000 each for putting undue burden on a man wanting to marry his bride. Marriage will no longer focus on greedy in-laws who want to extort the groom but on the actual customs and traditions necessary to carry out the ceremony.

5. Corruption of public office will carry a mandatory 5-year jail tern with no possibility of parole or early release.

Just a few things I'll do. grin
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2008
How about passing a law that public officials esp policemen get paid WELL and then the punishment of "corruption" wont even exist anymore
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Hugger: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2008
The dirtiest culture is that which exists on the minds of too many Nigerians - CORRUPTION and an ever-increasing willingness to loot.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by agaba123(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2008
Let's start a movement for Police welfare.
you know we can get a good welfare package for the police
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by RichyBlacK(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

How about passing a law that public officials esp policemen get paid WELL and then the punishment of "corruption" wont even exist anymore

I agree completely!

We need to invest at least $50 million on our police and pay them WELL.

With well-funded crime labs, all those nonsense "aje lo pa" talk will be shown to just be mere murders. Even assassinations will be solved through ballistic fingerprinting. Real science will be used to solve real problems, instead of listening to liars and con men/confident tricksters in cowried agbada!
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

Don't you know that long before advent of a standard scientific method of observing, hypothesising etc our ancestors had devised their own ways of arriving at theories/conclusions. Ask Agaba. grin

Thank your stars u weren't born then. . . . .Those guys were savages.
They killed twins, circumcised grown men/women, castrated men and even made some clans outcast.
It's pathetic!!!
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by AloyEmeka9: 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2008
Lazy bureaucracy:

Is it possible to change the attitude of our govt workers starting from teachers? Some go to work by 10am, work for one hour, chop groundnut for two hours, go to school run by 2pm, come back and move files around for another 1 hr and head home by 4pm. That is Nigeria civil service for you.

Public holidays:

Anytime we have two days holidays in a row, government workers come back to work after one week and some take full two weeks to resume. What kind of culture is that?
Let us make our system work better by working for our pay. NO MORE FREE PAY.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2008
~Sauron~:

Thank your stars u weren't born then. . . . .Those guys were savages.
They killed twins, circumcised grown men/women, castrated men and even made some clans outcast.
It's pathetic!!!

I thank God oo!!! I could have been betrothed to some man as a third wife. Ewwwwwwwww cheesy
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

I thank God oo!!! I could have been betrothed to some man as a third wife. Ewwwwwwwww cheesy

Nah. . . . . . .
Knowing the kinda woman you are, i am sure u would have legged it!!!!
Stillwater and Rebellion are quite synonymous. grin
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by AloyEmeka9: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2008
Africans and their fake beliefs sha!!

Do you blame them? Until the understand that sex is highly dependent on hormones and not the clitoris, they won't give up. Cutting off a man's  amu will not stop him from being Hot, only that he does not have the equipment to pursue his desires.

Whether it is genital mutilation, circumcision or butchering, it is not only unnecessary but evil.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2008
~Sauron~:

Nah. . . . . . .
Knowing the kind of woman you are, i am sure u would have legged it!!!!
Stillwater and Rebellion are quite synonymous. grin

Rebel? A docile person like me would have gone like the lamb to the slaughter.  embarassed
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

Do you blame them? Until the understand that sex is highly dependent on hormones and not the clitoris, they won't give up. Cutting off a man's  amu will not stop him from being Hot, only that he does not have the equipment to pursue his desires.

Whether it is genital mutilation, circumcision or butchering, it is not only unnecessary but evil.

I concur.

stillwater:

Rebel? A docile person like me would have gone like the lamb to the slaughter.  embarassed

Hehehehehehe. U should do a testimony in the church on sunday. wink
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2008
@Aluminium Emeka

Lazy Bureaucrazy

I was told to go somwere to work, where they resume at 9am and close at 11:30am, this is no joke

i was very angry and told them i wont go back there

its so crazy.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by BabyJinx: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2008
The truth is there are very few women who have the luxury of getting nipped in a clean, safe environment with good medical tools. The average circumcision is done with tools like these

And then when you find out it circumcision serves no real purpose, you gotta wonder. . . why continue?

I don’t think we should use the case of the very few w were lucky enough to get it done with good doctors, to measure the how barbaric FGM is.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
@Picture

they wan Bucha COW!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2008
Baby Jinx:

The truth is there are very few women who have the luxury of getting nipped in a clean, safe environment with good medical tools. The average circumcision is done with tools like these

And then when you find out it circumcision serves no real purpose, you gotta wonder. . . why continue?

I don’t think we should use the case of the very few w were lucky enough to get it done with good doctors, to measure the how barbaric FGM is.

U mean they use those tools on to splice women's genitals?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by BabyJinx: 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2008
@ Gamine
Rotflmao! I swear never change! They want to butcher cow? Apparently that' what they think,  sad

@ ~Sauron~
Oh yes, they sure do. . . if you want to see more pix, I can post them.

[size=5pt]had to change your name just incase you are going under cover like me[/size]
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2008
Mehn!! its crazy really, saddening sad
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2008
Those evil looking things are not worthy to be called tools o shocked
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by BabyJinx: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2008
Little baby girl about to get nipped

See the "tools"?
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2008
" cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.