Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? (21596 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
Read your books .
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
[size=40pt] Always say the truth. [/size]
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by NaijaNile: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
My Dear Momma...her most popular words of advice is: Ise o ki n pa eniyan, Ishe lo n pa eniyan (Hard Work does not Kill, But Poverty Does). It made me not to be afraid of work no matter how hard.

Her Second Advice : You have to be a professional man, and establish your own business....this post reminded me of this saying and I realise I am yet to heed this. Am gonna action it immediately.

My dad: Dont Play Football, Concentrate on your studies. The man even made me sign a contract that I would not kick football again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by millionboi(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Never carry last
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by BabieGhagha(f): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2014
alexasomba:

I've got a friend, we were in Secondary School when he lost his mom, being the only son she really did a lot to make him happy. He told me then that one phrase his mom used after shouting his name to call his attention especially when he is "busy" with his video games was "shey I'm calling you now and you're there playing your video game, okay o. Carry on." and those were the first set of words that got to him, when she passed on. He regretted not giving her enough of his time and attention, back then he told me "Alex, if my mom was alive now and called my name once I will answer and run to her a thousand times."

He asked me to pay attention to mine. I'm asking you to pay attention to yours.
wit tears droping frm my eyes.am realy touched.i pray we'll never get to loose our parents at a young age

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by fightforchange1(f): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2014
a hard.head.makes for a soft.behind. wink cheesy
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Daughterzion(f): 10:58am On Sep 11, 2014
My mums own is " Blessing to not dissapoint us, u re our only hope."

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by bngene: 3:37am On Sep 25, 2014
Hmmm.............this is funny but I will never forget my dads advice. There are a few but some that really made a difference.

First advice:

When a friend especially from afar visits you, if he is staying for a night, if you have money, get him an hotel to stay first for the night and let him go from there if possible. If he is staying a few days, let him stay in the hotel for a night and then bring him/her in d next day....the reason for this are:

Death maybe pending/hanging on him/her
He may be pursued by someone, some force etc
He may have done something wrong and running....coming to ur house my expose you and ur family to some danger.....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Yagalchychy: 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
For your quality home and office blinds,Contact: Grand Horizons window blinds and decor....(08072862060) Grand Horizons! "That extra touch your home and office needs" with one year free maintenance on all products delivered anywhere in Nigeria..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.