Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? (21592 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by adeleyeA10(m): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2014
Mom: "remember the son of who you are, she tells me since my primary school days to university level" that word has kept me going.
Dad:"don't be too haste towards girls they can derail your destiny, when time comes you can give birth to three kids in a year". Have been nursing that word till today, but is growing to become hatred towards girls...especially those girls that are not straight forward.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Whizzdom(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2014
Remember the son of whom you are ........ don't join bad gangs

Don't go and impregnate any gurl ooo ....

And Always stay close to God always

Read your Bible always and always put God in everything that you are doing.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:59am On Sep 01, 2014
"Ranti omo eni ti iwo n se."
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ShakurM(m): 8:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Tell me when you get alert.
Mama say Ki lo tu fe je?

grin
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Bantino(m): 9:00am On Sep 01, 2014
Always be positive in life, always speak the truth, work hard and plan for the future.

Whatever you do, never you kill or sleep with a married woman.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 01, 2014
When the chips are down, you would be the greatest looser. Dad....
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2014
AreaFada2:
HBD LLNP!
THANKSsmiley
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by eme1n(m): 9:02am On Sep 01, 2014
Know your surroundings, be patient and honest. (Dad is a retired army officer). It worked for him and it works for me.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by AriDsexy(f): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2014
Dad:A good name is better than silver and gold
Mum:Do unto others as you want them to do unto you.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Mariojane(f): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2014
"if any guy touch u, u will become pregnant and dat is the end of ur career. cos there wont be any need wasting school fee on a pregnant teenager".

that advice make me stay away from guys as far as possible until i realize it is not mere touching but se.x
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by scobaba: 9:04am On Sep 01, 2014
...he woke me up by 1am on the 7th of February, 2001 (Mumsy and siblings were still sleeping).

I had gained admission to UNN and was to leave lagos for Enugu by 7am that morning.

I was expecting the usual routine of , read ur books, go to church, bla bla bla but With a very straight biafran face, he blurted in igbo language..."Scobaba my son, DO NOT PROMISE ANY GIRL MARRIAGE........until you are ready to get married" lipsrsealed

It worked.

Thanks pappy. wink

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by dljbd1(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2014
I appreciate my parents. They are GREAT!
Though my dad na fire. I still try to please him till date but nothing I do works mehn.
My mum is just the exact opposite.
Thank God for them!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by seedorfg(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2014
Standup to your fit,Never lose hope and mostly Ma kegbe kegbe !
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by femi4: 9:06am On Sep 01, 2014
Son! Girls will come after you but don't ever choose out of pity
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by searay(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2014
1. Man know tthyself
2. Be good to any man/woman that comes your way.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Evathyst(f): 9:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Dad's favorite advice; Don't believe all u hear, Don't say all dt u av in mind, Don't spend all dt u av at hand, Don't eat and sleep d way u want, Don't depend on other pple's advice all d tym, Don't trust anyone completely nd don't tel anyone of ds my advice.

I don't knw why I'm telling u pple self cheesy

Besides, api new month!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by crisycent: 9:12am On Sep 01, 2014
My pikin, I beg hide me.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by benELOHIM7(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2014
my dad's rugged advice really helped me pattern my life. he'd say a man always wanna cry when he's not like his mates. these words scare me so much.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by smudge2079(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2014
I have no greater joy dan to see my children walk in the truth...
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by phransix147(m): 9:19am On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg:
HOW DID U KNOW tongue ANYWAYS THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHESsmiley

I can bet my life on dat... Ywc dear!
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by echobee(f): 9:20am On Sep 01, 2014
My mum always say. Lola, PUSH. MEANING PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS. also,she tells me dat REMEMBER GOD AND REMEMBER THE DAUGHTER OF WHOM U RE.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Evathyst(f): 9:21am On Sep 01, 2014
dljbd1: I appreciate my parents. They are GREAT!
Though my dad na fire. I still try to please him till date but nothing I do works mehn.
My mum is just the exact opposite.
Thank God for them!
U again? Why do I keep running into u ds mrnin?

Lol! So ur Dad na fire? Na dt kind man fit stubborn pickin lyk u grin
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Missmossy(f): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2014
"Always remember the daughter of whom you are. Learn to be yourself amidst the crowd". It helped me a lot in making different choices.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Evathyst(f): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2014
crisycent: My pikin, I beg hide me.
Lyk seriously? Hide him on top wetin? undecided
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by kilmix: 9:23am On Sep 01, 2014
Mum: Oh my son u shud be ready to lay good foundation. earlier the better in the nearest future you will be one of the leaders so we pray.... amen. "singing".
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by HonourablePomk: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2014
The one thats still soo fresh was when my dad went to register me for jamb special center we met a guy there and i chose UI he was telling my dad how the school was soo tough even their screening process and i was an average student then whereby i just graduated from secondary school i was an average there always 60smtin%...My dad said a word to the guy "HE IS A YOUNG BOY HE CAN READ" for the first week of january this year i was thinking about those words and i took up the challenge from then everyday i read from 12pm-6pm glory to God i passed jamb with 220 without the expo i payed for, then i changed my choice school to Uniben"Po.Sci"...I was a bit pessimistic about it because of d words i do hear about the school but 5days to the exam i read like never before and i passed with a score of 66/90 just recently i checked my admission status on jamb website i have been admitted for the course...I'm happy i made my Parents,Siblings proud of me "ALWAYS LISTEN TO ADVICE FROM PARENTS"...Tag:Neldrizzy,Benromeo39,Chizzy94,Godwin10,Naijaboiy,Jjstanley.....

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Atk1nson(m): 9:27am On Sep 01, 2014
**there is no shame is hardwork, also work never kills****
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 01, 2014

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Ndababa(m): 9:36am On Sep 01, 2014
Create a world you're comfortable in!
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by jauntty: 9:36am On Sep 01, 2014
The one advice that has made me both successful and responsible was given by my Dad..He told me that "Am EXCUSE is like a bribe , Never give an Excuse and Never take an Excuse ". Throughout my school days and now that am working, I always thrive hard to excel becos there can never be such thing as an Excuse for failing, no matter how 'Good' the excuse my sound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by dljbd1(m): 9:37am On Sep 01, 2014
Evathyst: U again? Why do I keep running into u ds mrnin?

Lol! So ur Dad na fire? Na dt kind man fit stubborn pickin lyk u grin
lolz
Na why u no wan gri 4me? wink
I am very humble...true cool
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by aboyaji(m): 9:39am On Sep 01, 2014
after my dad saw how a girl playing with me, he said 'too much playerity causes mkparikarism( insult) and mkparikarism begins with okposity(fights).

But he made me laff by saying that those words were spoken by a white man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Other Means Do We Use? / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.