Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? (21595 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by poxibility: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
I can't remember any advice from my dad but he was a disciplinarian in all ramifications, this alone shaped my life to what I am today.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Chibokgame: 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Un4tunately ,
i lost my Dad when i didn't know advice meant,
But he did say alot to my elder siblings..

For my Mum,
She had alot to tell me,, but one is on my mind, i won't 4get in a hurry .

"Don't Follow Smaller Streams And Get Full During The Rain"
You'll Be Exposed @ dry Season.

it's now I'm getting to understand
Anything U force yourself to get because others are getting it..
Will cause you pains than gain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by beeevan: 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
alexasomba:

I've got a friend, we were in Secondary School when he lost his mom, being the only son she really did a lot to make him happy. He told me then that one phrase his mom used after shouting his name to call his attention especially when he is "busy" with his video games was "shey I'm calling you now and you're there playing your video game, okay o. Carry on." and those were the first set of words that got to him, when she passed on. He regretted not giving her enough of his time and attention, back then he told me "Alex, if my mom was alive now and called my name once I will answer and run to her a thousand times."

He asked me to pay attention to mine. I'm asking you to pay attention to yours.

If all these epistle was just for me, sorry but you are talking nyanyampu. I actually read this thrice to figure out what it has got to do with OP's post and is still all blabs and no substance that is of any use to me.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by beeevan: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
SAMBARRY: for where

grin

meanwhile

Happy new month to you too babe.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ennon92(m): 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
beeevan:

If all these epistle was just for me, sorry but you are talking nyanyampu. I actually read this thrice to figure out what it has got to do with OP's post and is still all blabs and no substance that is of any use to me.
its either u lack understanding or can't comprehend.. I and majority of the ppl learnt from d so called "epistle".

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by noblepaschal(m): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
in what ever you do make education your first priority..... and also remember to run when other's are runing
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
My Mum: Don't let my suffering be in vain & Keep away from women. Dad: Always read your Bible & Make sure you take your studies seriously. Am proud of who I'm today courtesy of my lovely parents.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by dabrake(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Foolish men go after women.
Wise men go after success.
Women go after successful men.
That is from my mum.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ceeceeco: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
My dad told me 2 abstain 4rm Sex, Weed, Gambling, & Alcohol. Hustle 4 riches & bitches will hustle 4 u. My mum told me 2 beware of mbaise people.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by uzomore(m): 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Frm dad.if u like spend dis money am giving u lik I have it plenty.
Frm mum..obi nwam read ur books and focus to determine u have seen it all with ur eye how ur family is,mind u,u are okpara(first son)
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
_
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by bomsilaga(m): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
My dad gave me a very valuable advice: since you have started dating, make sure you don't promise any girl marriage. it worked wonders for me cause no girl ever said i deceived her.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by smudge100nol(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
From Dad; mk hay while sun shine and don't ever,ever procrastinate, coz it is d thief of time.. Alas procrastinating is wat I always do.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Larrey(f): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
Let me just mention 1 which is unclothedness of a lady is her pride and I followed d advise till I got married dis year.tanks to my parents

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by mummysbaby: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
This advice was from mum " My son one day u go make us proud" so drink meliki
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by nsydear: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Honour follows Humility
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by regsam: 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Being an orphan; my grandma used to say; My child you must have a PLAN FOCUS and DETERMINATION #(PFD)
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by zurine(f): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
integrity is of greater value than money
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by optimusprime2(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
Think out of the box... "My Dad-1992"

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
Chigold101: happy birthday Dami sweety. If not for ebola i for hug u again cos of ur mums advice i will not come close.. Enjoy ur day dear. God will lead u into bumper harvest this ember month...
AWWWWW.THANKS DEARsmiley
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
tdammy:

Happy birthday namesake WULLP and . and i guess mumci was right any way.
THANKS DAMMYsmiley
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Always be a good child and date a good and lovely woman who could be my future wife and as well as stand by me especially when it matters most. That everyone will go through some hard times at some point in life. I completely concur with her. This is very emotional anyway.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by sherif4owo(m): 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
I remember, SHE once told me ...... Be a good boy,....!!
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
My Mum will call me everyday, to tell me when are you getting married. Just today she called and said don't rush into marriage o, don't mind me, I just need to ask but when I ask don't mind me. And I just smiled, as if I've been minding her.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by kellyakogwu: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
alexasomba: Before I left for the University my Mom said to me "always remember where you are coming from." sounded ordinary at first until it started influencing my decisions, till this very day based on those words I still think about family especially before making my long term decisions. It's almost as though she programmed my mind.

My Dad used parables a lot and one of them was "you can blame your parents for who you are but you cannot blame them for who you become" His own words rings like a bell in my head, telling me I'm to take responsibility for my own life.

They don't know how much their words impacted me though I'm (secretely) grateful.

Have you been given any good advice by your parent, grandparent, relative or anyone that mattered to you? Kindly share with us.
My dad told me not 2 bother so much abt my village girlfriend!Dat wen l get 2 school my mentality will change!lnfact,d mentality has changed many times!
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by topygel: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Dad:
He who has in abundance and eats alone while his siblings have not eaten is still a hungry man[/quote]

and that is just it!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Abee79(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
After our engagement in 2010, my Dad called me aside and told me politely: "Don't even think about getting this girl pregnant before the white wedding. I don’t want any disgrace."
(Actually, the 'advice' took the form of a FRIENDLY WARNING)
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by beeevan: 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
ennon92: its either u lack understanding or can't comprehend.. I and majority of the ppl learnt from d so called "epistle".

Your comprehension is non existent if that epistle was actually ignited by the question OP asked in this thread, a lot of people you say? Nigerians are suckers for emotional balderdash, a million likes at least should be expected. You should have still written your epistle without quoting me,I still maintain that your 'out of point 'epistle is of no use to me, get over it.

Oh!!! I just realized you aren't even the dude that quoted me, if you needed that post to be obedient to your parents then you should go for a brain transplant.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by J3da: 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
My dad's advice was “ work hard, do what you believe is right, respect everyone at you place of work irrespective of age, be of good conduct and you can’t go wrong.”

Never knew these would be his last word of advice to me cry cry cry
Adieu swit dadcryoseh meh oghaghare,ojugo,ejikporo,eyeta,akwa kwa kwakwa

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
what u cant do in my presence, dont do it in my absence....this advice really helped me. I remember the first time I wanted to have sex in the process of kissing, I just remembered this advice and I told him to STOP......I really felt somehow that day and I also will give that same advice to my children
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by luvkia(m): 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
mom- should u make any mistake(getting any lady pregnant) dont be scared to bring her home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.