Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? (21593 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by spyder880(m): 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
That anyone who doesn't know where he is coming from will never know where he is going to.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by rezzy: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
From my mum to me: No follow boys oooo. If u ask me for money, if i get, i go give u but if i no get, i will tell u later. (when i just gained admission) and always pray and read ur book

From my mum to my elder sister: As i dey tell u now, u no want to listen, when u go cry, i swear, u no go see who go tell u sorry.

From my mom to our last born: As body dey shack u so, no go follow boys for school ooo (when she just gain admission)

From my mom to my younger brother: As u say u no go go school, when all ur sisters don graduate and make am, i no wan hear say my sisters na witch na dem dey do me.

From my mum to the rest of my sisters: Read ur books and go church (when they gained admission). She was devastated when one of them came back home with 3 months belly ooo. She never believed she will ever do that to her.

And i blamed her because she never gave any advice, all she does was grumbling (as in complaining or should i say mumuring)a day before they will leave for school.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mum: Buy land.... you won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by DaWorshiper(m): 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
''The way up, is down!''
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by DaWorshiper(m): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Akpata atufuo, ejighiya abu ogaranya.
Translation: spending as frequently as you earn will never make u rich.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by honeric01(m): 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Be useful for something so you don't exist for nothing...
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
olatunji21: Ma kegbe kegbe oooo...Ranti omo enitionshe ooo

Me too
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by skirmish: 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
"Nsukidem abem ubong iso"

Golden words cast in stone! I'll surely pass the same down to my daughter, Mama!
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Becareful of ladiz n dnt joint secret cult (ocult) no mata d circumstance...... Adv 4m ma mamaaaaaaa
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Jack65: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
alexasomba: Before I left for the University my Mom said to me "always remember where you are coming from." sounded ordinary at first until it started influencing my decisions, till this very day based on those words I still think about family especially before making my long term decisions. It's almost as though she programmed my mind.

My Dad used parables a lot and one of them was "you can blame your parents for who you are but you cannot blame them for who you become" His own words rings like a bell in my head, telling me I'm to take responsibility for my own life.

They don't know how much their words impacted me though I'm (secretely) grateful.

Have you been given any good advice by your parent, grandparent, relative or anyone that mattered to you? Kindly share with us.
Avoid bad company! Yet I failed to heed this advice. Lol
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by expensive007(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
mine is, 'remember the son of whom you are'
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by tunnex190: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
To keep it short, they say, even until now: 'Remember the child of whom you are' and until this moment it always affects my long term decisions.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by drkay(m): 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Not all that glitters is gold.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by fecosequence(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
lol
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ochiosa(m): 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
From my father I can only chew for you but can't swallow for you and try not to be faster than your shadow good luck my boy.My mother he come here knee down give me your hand 6 strokes if I seeee you there again oya vanish
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by yorke1: 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
"Work hard because hard work doesn't kill" Don't ask me who said that.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by fecosequence(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
in igbo lang.atuoro omara omara,atuoro ofeke ofege isi n'ohia kiss
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Davidson267(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
my dad:never trust any man in ur life including ur parents.trust only ur GOD
My skul teacher:if u ar surrounded by only righteous pple,try & be the devil there.bt if u ar surrounded by only evil doers,try and make a diff(righteous)
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Kooldude01: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
My dad said this while pulling his ears "my son dem no they beg shit make e smell do d right tin at d right time"

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by sovpounds(m): 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
avoid 419. its better to be poor than engage in 419 and become rich because you would lose it in the end.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by tdammy(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg: MY MOTHER:

*DAMI DON'T GO NEAR A BOY.OR ELSE U WILL GET PREGNANT* cheesygrin

ABEG TODAY NA MY BIRTHDAY.MAKECUNA WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY wink

Happy birthday namesake WULLP and . and i guess mumci was right any way.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by vitality22(m): 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
while i was leaving for university my mum said "anybody who long throat (pointing at her throat) and what is in between your legs (pointing at her private part area does not kill, the person will live long" Always pray without seizing.
Meaning: Long throat means greed, while in between my legs means to avoid women
It was a word that never departed from my heart, and It paid off greatly
My dad said "In whatever you do keep your hands clean, be straight forward and pray always" I so love my parents, they are the best parents in the whole wide world. Very caring man and woman.
If I comeback again to this life, they will still be my parents.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ametu166(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Put God 1st in everything u do...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by modestdude(m): 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mum:
The way you make your bed, you lie on it.
Education is the best legacy from a parent to their child, remember your father has nothing for you to inherit.
The okro stem never outgrows its owner/planter.
He that is being advised should listen (onye adumara kwe).
The soily hands brings about an oily mouth (aka aja aja n'ebute onu mmanu mmanu).
Whoever eats a ram's scrotum is indebted to elephantiasis of the scrotum.
The firewood one fetches during the dry season, that he uses during the rainy season.
Blood is thicker than water

These are the few ones that really followed me like a shadow and moulded me. I appreciate her a lot

Dad:
He who has in abundance and eats alone while his siblings have not eaten is still a hungry man
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by SirAweezy(m): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
1. Do not promise any woman love.

2.Woe is unto a man who wakes up in the morning of his life and put a woman's love as the first thing in his heart.

3. Pray so that you wouldn't have to pray.. Fast so that you wouldn't have to fast.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mine was, dont steal, and dont chase another person's wife.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Chigold101(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg: MY MOTHER:

*DAMI DON'T GO NEAR A BOY.OR ELSE U WILL GET PREGNANT* cheesygrin
ABEG TODAY NA MY BIRTHDAY.MAKE UNA WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY wink
happy birthday Dami sweety. If not for ebola i for hug u again cos of ur mums advice i will not come close.. Enjoy ur day dear. God will lead u into bumper harvest this ember month...
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Chigold101(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mum didnt stay strong enough to hold me in her arms so, she ws dead before anyone could know it. As for dad, humn... I can pin point anyone now though he said manythings to me...yes i know he caned me a lot so that i dont become a spoiled brat...only child things...lolzzz

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Keep yourself for God and your husband .
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by YACAA(f): 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
When I was about getting married to a Nigerian guy ( I am Ghanaian), my dad told me to be 100% Nigerian when in Naija with little criticism of their culture. Back then I thought ' Aaaba what is he saying' but now that advice rings in my ear constantly and it has helped me adapt very quickly to my new environment. He also adviced me to learn various dishes in order to be very creative in the kitchen- I now love to cook for husbi and I ( I used to hate going to the kitchen in my parents house lol) and I actually plan ahead looking forward to my cooking sessions.

My mom ( my best friend) always says 'Go to God in prayer, he is your father and can do all things for you'. She also adviced me to put aside my stubborn nature and be submissive to my husband. She said when we quarrel, I should control my anger and be silent till the storm is over then I can discuss whatever issue with him. 'Words cannot be taken away my dear', she said. This has really helped me maintain peace in my marriage and sometimes my husband and I tease each other about how silly we look when we are angry.

God bless our parents.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by udoka2: 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
"dont use the time you will use for your school to do boy friends, else you will use the time for boy friends to go to school" advice by by sweet late elder sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.