Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,247 members, 7,864,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos (83943 Views)

Picture: See How This Guy Proposed To His Chick And Someone's Hilarious Reply / See What An Unsatisfied Boyfriend Did To His Girl (Picture) / Guy Proposed To Girlfriend Dressed As A Homeless Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by 50calibre(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
glitest:
"Stupid thing to do"?
"Buy her from her parents"?.... Haba now... Keep up to date with your mates; Abeg.......This is the 21st century, and not the stone age.

Yeah tell that to Nigerian parents (yours included) who seek money in return for their daughters.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by newacca: 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yungwizzzy: I pity this mugu oo

Him pocket go hear am
grin
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by 50calibre(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tallesty1: lols.... Sometimes I do ask myself "What if her parents say NO" and mean it?

Lool that's why I say it's a stu*pid thing to do.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
pablus: congrats to them. too public for me sha.
nice to see many naija girls with good figures/slim in the pic. i guess it's when they get to the US and start eating junk food that many become "heavy".

This plus significant others that allow that to occur.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Tymax(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
ideology: I can relate to your opinion, but You were wrong to use the word "slave " and also suggested that ladies should show some be happy for having good men.
She existed without you and can also get a life without you.

Men Are the ones that need ladies more, mark my words
You Lose more if you don't get married to the right person.
You assume that I meant she will not be fulfilled without me. No. That is not what I meant. What I am saying is that guys should stop acting like they'll be miserable without these ladies. That is essentially wrong. If a woman seeks to leave me for no just reason, no problem. Someone better will replace her.

I can't die on top your matter.... I am not Wizkid. cool

2 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Ishilove: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
How silly. I don't like this kind of proposal. Even if she doesn't want to accept the proposal, the pressure of not wanting to embarass the guy will force the chick to accept, even if it is temporary acceptance. This is the result of watching too many sappy hollywood and bollywood movies.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by MizMyColi(f): 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Y'all just want me to talk sha!

See, whatever rocks their boat.
The guy knows the kind of woman he's dating (I want to believe they're genuinely in love.)

Putting my personality in perspective, My guy would know I hate crowd tins. I'm not comfortable when I'm the focus of public glare.
But there are people whose nature it is, to thrive on publicity.
So why the beef! cheesy

Can't people just wish them well or simply state their opinion without sounding so condescending and demeaning?

And to those who at every given opportunity, make it a focus of their ministry to write women off, I have just this to say:

Your attitude reeks of insecurity and a very very low sense of self worth.

Some guys because of their inability to deal with their own personality issues be loosing wife materials since 43A.D

undecided
Rioavez: ok miss. Different nigga different shitz. What if you bf quietly proposes in a cute restaurant? That be ok right? Cos for most niggas proposing in a mall is a No No.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
50calibre:

Look that's why I say it's a stu*pid thing to do.

It really is a stupid thing to do.

One mumu for here, paid for a billboard at a baseball game to ask his girlfriend to marry him.

On national tv she said no and ran off.

Whenever I see people that do public things like this I sense that they lack confidence.

In any case if your relationship is strong and your communication is on point and most importantly you're from a decent Nigerian family, why won;t you know what you'll be getting married eventually?

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1669068_bwyhfvyccai3vuo_jpeg9e01e2fb6a3f4afb2fe68e991e4c6205

There is a wise saying that goes thus.: He Whom the Gods want to kill, they first make mad..

The Gods are not to blame.. Blame Hollywood..

7 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Psylas(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
You went in to market to beg your girl to marry you, she no wan disgrace that's y

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Mustack: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
that's cute and awesome.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Eyop: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ishilove: How silly. I don't like this kind of proposal. Even if she doesn't want to accept the proposal, the pressure of not wanting to embarass the guy will force the chick to accept, even if it is temporary acceptance. This is the result of watching too many sappy hollywood and bollywood movies.

The silliness no get part 2. Well goodluck to the girl but any babe wey dey wait for this one to happen from my end don enter one chance big time.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Payoyo:

Can't you propose without having s.ex with the lady.... SMH.
Lol. What I do? That was the guy's view, and it was hilarious to me! That i quoted him doesn't mean we share the same view.

And yes I can propose to a lady, even without having sex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by 2leftlegs(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ill just do my own inside canteen grin
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by megabyte2(f): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
SlyIg: Man and woman ...

Deceiving themselves since the days of Adam and Eve...
Honestly
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Tymax(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tallesty1: lols.... Sometimes I do ask myself "What if her parents say NO" and mean it?
Gbam! Guys you see why proposing like this weak and empty? When he gets to her father's house and he says no....

Gobe. After all the Twitter and YouTube publicity.

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Tymax(m): 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
Eyop:

The silliness no get part 2. Well goodluck to the girl but any babe wey dey wait for this one to happen from my end don enter one chance big time.
grin grin disclaimer. grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Tymax(m): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
temigracie: ...Mizmycoli....you can lead a horse to the river but you cant force it to drink from the river....

..That is what he believe about women .....

..I have my believe too
Baby u don vex?
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Ishilove: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Eyop:

So this is the reason you have been feeling so shy to propose to me? undecided angry
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by ideology(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tymax:
You assume that I meant she will not be fulfilled without me. No. That is not what I meant. What I am saying is that guys should stop acting like they'll be miserable without these ladies. That is essentially wrong. If a woman seeks to leave me for no just reason, no problem. Someone better will replace her.

I can't die on top your matter.... I am not Wizkid. cool

Bros, I understand you perfectly,

Today is first of September, I no wanna hear e-break ups o
You peeps should talk about it, its just a matter of understanding, i believe she will understand ur views and you too get along with her, e hear … cool
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by 50calibre(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
CityNG:

It really is a stupid thing to do.

One mumu for here, paid for a billboard at a baseball game to ask his girlfriend to marry him.

On national tv she said no and ran off.

Whenever I see people that do public things like this I sense that they lack confidence.

In any case if your relationship is strong and your communication is on point and most importantly you're from a decent Nigerian family, why won;t you know what you'll be getting married eventually?

I don't even think it's fair on the woman, such things put women on the spot and pressure them into saying yes, if she doesn't then she comes of as horrible. As a guy that's not something I want.

A woman should be able to make such life changing decisions free of pressure, it's very important. It doesn't matter if you guys were in a relationship, you've got to give that room doubts & second thoughts.

Blame it on Hollywood, that's what it does. That shi*t is alien to African culture, years ago when a dude wants to propose to a lady, he discusses his intentions with her and the lady takes her time to think things through.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by duni04(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Have you ever been in love before? Real, wild, reckless, mind-blowing love.

My boyfriend and I were absurd during the first year of our relationship. Like, actually composing poetry via sms. He couldn't stop talking about me to other people and I, him. His neighbors knew about me for months before they ever laid eyes on me. We talked on the phone EVERY DAY, for HOURS. If a day went by when one didn't hear from the other, it was cause for concern.

When you feel that way, you want the world to know, because it's so amazing. You almost feel drunk. And you want everyone to know that that person that you love so much, they love you back.
Lol. Not for me sha. Drunk in love is a Beyonce song, don't believe people really fall in love like that grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Eyop: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tymax: grin grin disclaimer. grin

What are you disclaiming again Oga This guy go wash G-string for this babe immediately dem marry.

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by 50calibre(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Okijajuju1: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1669068_bwyhfvyccai3vuo_jpeg9e01e2fb6a3f4afb2fe68e991e4c6205

There is a wise saying that goes thus.: He Whom the Gods want to kill, they first make mad..

The Gods are not to blame.. Blame Hollywood..

Loooool true words though

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by duni04(m): 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ishilove: How silly. I don't like this kind of proposal. Even if she doesn't want to accept the proposal, the pressure of not wanting to embarass the guy will force the chick to accept, even if it is temporary acceptance. This is the result of watching too many sappy hollywood and bollywood movies.
Finally we agree on something grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by marcyemi(m): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
banega: Lool,. grin!! Romantic indeed, just take a look at those two ladies on the left hand side of your screen cheesy

Are you the one? Please be there same time tomorrow. I will be there to propose to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Ishilove: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
duni04:
Finally we agree on something grin
I wasn't aware we disagreed on anything... undecided
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by duni04(m): 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ishilove:
I wasn't aware we disagreed on anything... undecided
Oh...
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Eyop: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ishilove:
So this is the reason you have been feeling so shy to propose to me? undecided angry
Oooooh am sorry babe but it's never our tradition to propose this way to a babe cheesy. Now that you know am feeling shy,you can assist me do that and prepare all the traditional expenses grin.

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by kika23(f): 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
Y'all stop hating... He's done it anyway.... You Nigerians can criticize..... Haaaa...... Go and do your own or whatever pleases you.

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
MizMyColi: Y'all just want me to talk sha!

See, whatever rocks their boat.
The guy knows the kind of woman he's dating (I want to believe they're genuinely in love.)

Putting my personality in perspective, My guy would know I hate crowd tins. I'm not comfortable when I'm the focus of public glare.
But there are people whose nature it is, to thrive on publicity.
So why the beef! cheesy

Can't people just wish them well or simply state their opinion without sounding so condescending and demeaning?

And to those who at every given opportunity, make it a focus of their ministry to write women off, I have just this to say:

Your attitude reeks of insecurity and a very very low sense of self worth.

Some guys because of their inability to deal with their own personality issues be loosing wife materials since 43A.D

undecided
Lolz I hope you didn't think I was challenging you. Remember I said different niggaz different shitz. That goes for ladies too I just wanted to be sure of "the best" base on ur perspective. Cool

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Tymax(m): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
Eyop:

What are you disclaiming again Oga This guy go wash G-string for this babe immediately dem marry.
Lwkmd. I was feeling the disclaimer you wrote.

Nor mind d guy. The girl will be so happy now that she has him in her pocket. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: "Never Marry A Woman You Have Not Seen Without Makeup" (Photos) / Jesse Jane And Boyfriend, Brett Hasenmueller Dead After Suspected Overdose / Five Things Guys Have Been Using To Melt Ladies Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.