Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Respect First Class Students In Public Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (37067 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by hummerwise(m): 11:48am On Sep 06, 2014
I have so much respect for pple who graduate wif 1st..sometyms they seem to me as xtra-ordinary pple...

But for me I neva aimed to graduate wif a 1st class tho, even tho dem dash me I no go collect..

Becos, so much are always expected from these people in outside world(labor market)..and any little mistake from dem, people will start doubtin dea credibility...

So 4 me, I like it gud but I don't go extreme

4 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by mistudreh(m): 11:48am On Sep 06, 2014
Public uni is still the best. U will value what you get there cos u will never forget how hard it was to get it. TeamUnilorin#... Betterbyfar#

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Johnnoah1st: 11:48am On Sep 06, 2014
jk
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by bastien: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

That is were you got it wrong, we over hype first class graduates in public universities (Mind you i am student from public university with CGPA of 4.47 on the scale of 5.0 point in my final year). In public universities we have frustrated Lecturers that are not satisfied with their monthly pay, and secondly the employment selection is base on WHO YOU KNOW factor. But lecturers in private universities are selected base on merit. People with passion for teaching, people that have teaching ethics, people that are delighted to see their students passing, people that are ready to help their students. Why won't the students have good grades? unlike our lecturers in public universities that are forming local champion without any teaching ethics, been harsh to their students, nobody is ready to attend to your personal problem. Why won't you graduate with 4.2 in place of 4.6? please carry your frustration to somewhere else, Not private universities first class graduates they are good they have conducive environment for learning, they have good lecturers etc. Any first class product being it from private, state or Federal universities are good in their on way. (Being it sorting, being it malpractice, being it cramming, being it natural intelligence etc)
bros u dob talk am finish,one big bottle for u jare
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by obyrich(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2014
@ OP the major difference between a first class from a public university and that of a private university is that where as the former institution frustrates your efforts to come out in flying colors, the latter creates room for all excellent minded students to actualize their dreams.

Don't take pride in systemic failures.

15 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by pendusky(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2014
okay
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by martowskin1(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2014
joshbouy: it's not easy, currently in my 200level(studying physics) Uniben and it hasn't been easy. although my 100level Gp wasn't encouraging(3.934) I still have plan on making a first class

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin just try to be a 4pointer..... forget dat big-dream......is over for u

2 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Pdizzle(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2014
I respect every individual in their uniqueness... big ups to first class students tho
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by nwaobitex: 11:50am On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by litetias(m): 11:53am On Sep 06, 2014
@OP use your head take nack wall na becos you nor make first class. Rubbish tread
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by rattlesnake(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2014
Mine was 2.5
Anyway sha today I work as a subsea engineer with chevron

Glory to God

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by omolizzy(f): 11:57am On Sep 06, 2014
Nice opinion at op bt sha just b sure u av something upstairs n b able to defend ursef any day,anytime........teambukite

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Businesslocator(m): 11:57am On Sep 06, 2014
BUY PERFECT MONEY E-VOUCHER
INSTANTLY.WE ACCEPT BANK
DEPOSIT AND ONLINE TRANSFERS e-
Voucher is a special code which you
can use to deposit any account in
Perfect Money payment system. Also you can give this code to anybody and
they can fund their accounts in Perfect
Money payment system anytime. You
can send the code of e-Voucher to any
e-mail or mobile phone number. If you
want to create an e-Voucher you should access your Perfect Money
account, click on "Withdraw" and click
on "e- Voucher". Then please write
value of the e-Voucher and create it.
Please note that all the created e-
Vouchers are available in e- Voucher Depository which can be found in a
"Statement" section. If you want to
deposit your Perfect Money account
you can buy the e- Voucher on the
Internet. Next you should access your
Perfect Money account, click on "Deposit" and choose "e- Voucher" as
a payment option. e-Voucher is a
convenient way to pay for goods and/
or services even if your client does not
have a Perfect Money account visit www.einvest.com.ng
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Sixix: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why should they be respected when what most of them do is "la cram, la pour.

What should be respected is what they achieves in life not ordinary paper award.

You don't expect me to be respecting someone with 1st class in EEE when he haven't achieved anything meaningful to the society.

Wole Soyinka made 2.1 in University and he is being respected today for what he achieved in life not paper certificate. You dig? undecided

Jealousy jealousy

It was his so called la cram la pour that got him 2:1 before he became the first African Nobel Laureate

Stop hating bro, if it were that easy what stopped you from 'cramming' and 'pouring' undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by priscaoge(f): 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
Battle btwn Prvy n Pub Universities graduatesgringrin

3 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sixix:

Jealousy jealousy

It was his so called la cram la pour that got him 2:1 before he became the first African Nobel Laureate

Stop hating bro, if it were that easy what stopped you from 'cramming' and 'pouring' undecided

Shutup!

Did you read my post very well?.

I wrote that he made 2.1 but no First class graduate can challenge him. undecided
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by gistmelove(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why should they be respected when what most of them do is "la cram, la pour.

What should be respected is what they achieves in life not ordinary paper award.

You don't expect me to be respecting someone with 1st class in EEE when he haven't achieved anything meaningful to the society.

Wole Soyinka made 2.1 in University and he is being respected today for what he achieved in life not paper certificate. You dig? undecided

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Thebrightest(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
If person get pass unko

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by gistmelove(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
rattlesnake: Mine was 2.5
Anyway sha today I work as a subsea engineer with chevron

Glory to God
with connection abi?? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by epospiky(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
You made a point @op, but the general conclusion is 1st class is not easy regardless of the class of uni. I would even say the public universities make it unnecessarily difficult to earn 1st class whereas the private universities give it to you as deserved.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by tbagjames(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
I didnt read the writeup but i agree 100% with the caption
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by joshbouy(m): 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
martowskin1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin just try to be a 4pointer..... forget dat big-dream......is over for u
it's not over for me I know that.

9 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by unnamed: 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

That is were you got it wrong, we over hype first class graduates in public universities (Mind you i am student from public university with CGPA of 4.47 on the scale of 5.0 point in my final year). In public universities we have frustrated Lecturers that are not satisfied with their monthly pay, and secondly the employment selection is base on WHO YOU KNOW factor. But lecturers in private universities are selected base on merit. People with passion for teaching, people that have teaching ethics, people that are delighted to see their students passing, people that are ready to help their students. Why won't the students have good grades? unlike our lecturers in public universities that are forming local champion without any teaching ethics, been harsh to their students, nobody is ready to attend to your personal problem. Why won't you graduate with 4.2 in place of 4.6? please carry your frustration to somewhere else, Not private universities first class graduates they are good they have conducive environment for learning, they have good lecturers etc. Any first class product being it from private, state or Federal universities are good in their on way. (Being it sorting, being it malpractice, being it cramming, being it natural intelligence etc)

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by tbagjames(m): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

you just succeeded in giving reasons should reasons why we should respect those in public universities more. The conditions there are not favourable.

5 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Sixix: 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

Shutup!

Did you read my post very well?.

I wrote that he made 2.1 but no First class graduate can challenge him. undecided

And so, maybe he got a 2:1 because he made a little mistake.

I can see why you think first class is overhyped when you find it difficult to gain admission to UI.

Yeye dey ooze

Even a student that got a pass can make a first by putting in extra effort, so why would you hate on first class students who actually put in that effort.

Keep making excuses for your own inability to 'la cram la pour' undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by mikaj(m): 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Trust me ma peepz, someone with a 2.1 in futo is way better than a 1st class from either a private uni or public uni. FUTO no be beans.

2 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by iceberylin(m): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
OP you should start respecting Me grin
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by muhammad4islam: 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
To earn first class is not that easy but simple. You need focus, dedication and determination. Sometime environmental and human factors have effect. Some people are naturally gifted with sharp understanding. Though I made first class. Note: mind you department differs.....

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
martowskin1:

what is this one saying? the OP didn't say private uni 1st class graduates are bad, he is saying it is more difficult to make 1st class in public uni dan private uni. "u must be from nairaland uni ogun state " grin grin grin grin grin...........my bro. just chill don't start a fight you cant win.
I wonder oo.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sixix:

And so, maybe he got a 2:1 because he made a little mistake.

I can see why you think first class is overhyped when you find it difficult to gain admission to UI.

Yeye dey ooze

Even a student that got a pass can make a first by putting in extra effort, so why would you hate on first class students who actually put in that effort.

Keep making excuses for your own inability to 'la cram la pour' undecided

grin grin Lol? Fantastic! So, many interesting unknown monikers stalking me.

Like I said, no Nigerian first class graduates have produced anything reasonable.

Seems you know lot about me but I haven't come across this moniker before enjoy your life. cheesy

Last time I checked, UI haven't finished releasing their admission list.

2 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
mikaj: Trust me ma peepz, someone with a 2.1 in futo is way better than a 1st class from either a private uni or public uni. FUTO no be beans.
I beg to disagree bro.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by greatestman(m): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
martowskin1:

what is this one saying? the OP didn't say private uni 1st class graduates are bad, he is saying it is more difficult to make 1st class in public uni dan private uni. "u must be from nairaland uni ogun state " grin grin grin grin grin...........my bro. just chill don't start a fight you cant win.

Go and read what i quote from him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Breaking News Oshiomole Comrade Bus On Fire At Uniben Gate / Struggles Of Having University Roommates (meme Collection) / Evans, JAMB Snake & Jacob Zuma Featured In UNILORIN's Criminology Exam Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.