Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,889 members, 7,852,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Respect First Class Students In Public Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (37111 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by hohafrank(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
butanep: I respect people who graduate with a first class degree from a public university... I am saying this because I tried and put in all my best to bag a first class degree but I still end up with a close CGPA of 4.2.
As a young guy in my first year in school, I got a GP of 4.6 in first year and 4.5 in 2nd year, but from third yr I couldn't make a first klass again till my final year... I put in all my best because I was kind of good... I know I still do some play shall, like following woman N sports but I make sure I balance my time... Still at that I couldn't make the first class... I was asking if its the School(UNIBEN) or my department(Geology) but I couldn't get a valid answer to my question... Ever since then, I always respect a first class graduate because its not easy... Am nt saying a secon class upper is easy because I knw how it take to get that in school but first class demand a lot from You...
First class takes more of God than personal efforts.The book of life says by strength shall no man prevail.Next time put God first than following women.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by ekemit(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Of what use is first class without a job?

5 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by marcjoe(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Richy4(m): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
There are a lot in this world than first class man.
You don't just sit and say you got first class then the employer will be dancing. I don't know if they do that in my beloved country by jumping just because they saw first class certificate from federal university.
Apart from that paper that says you got first class, what can you offer?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Mickeywilliams(m): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
True. grin
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Standard007: I've (we've) gotta learn from u by not balancing d equation, dats by taking a little time from our leisure to get dat remaining 0.3 to complete our first class. undecided grin

SHOUT OUT TO ALL FIRST YEARS IN D HOUSE!!!

PROUDLY A FIRST YEAR MEDICINE AND SURGERY STUDENT (ABSU)

(We don't do first class tho!) grin undecided
You only beat your chest as a medical student when you pass 2nd mbbs, till then it's better you see yourself as a pre-medical student. grin grin angry

5 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Mickeywilliams(m): 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
[color=#000000][/color]
yorex2011: Mine was similar.. Graduted from elect/elect uniben...400l messed me up... Still managed to get 4.28 tho.. At least I'm thankful to God for that
sorry just felt I might know you,Were you in alika's set? Dr. aravie wants to finish us here oooo cheesy
yorex2011: Mine was similar.. Graduted from elect/elect uniben...400l messed me up... Still managed to get 4.28 tho.. At least I'm thankful to God for that
sorry just felt I might know you,Were you in alika's set? Dr. aravie wants to finish us here oooo
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by greatestman(m): 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
tbagjames:
you just succeeded in giving reasons should reasons why we should respect those in public universities more. The conditions there are not favourable.

Are the first class from private universities responsible for our unfavourable conditions? Why the hatred for first class graduates in private Universities? They are as good as their public universities counterpart if not more than them.

6 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Sixix: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

grin grin Lol? Fantastic! So, many interesting unknown monikers stalking me.

Like I said, no Nigerian first class graduates have produced anything reasonable.

Seems you know lot about me but I haven't come across this moniker before enjoy your life. cheesy

Because Nigeria is a country where dreams are made to be crushed

I am not stalking you but I do know you write, I have read some of your works.

When you do come across a first class student, you will realise your mistakes.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by basty: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

That is were you got it wrong, we over hype first class graduates in public universities (Mind you i am student from public university with CGPA of 4.47 on the scale of 5.0 point in my final year). In public universities we have frustrated Lecturers that are not satisfied with their monthly pay, and secondly the employment selection is base on WHO YOU KNOW factor. But lecturers in private universities are selected base on merit. People with passion for teaching, people that have teaching ethics, people that are delighted to see their students passing, people that are ready to help their students. Why won't the students have good grades? unlike our lecturers in public universities that are forming local champion without any teaching ethics, been harsh to their students, nobody is ready to attend to your personal problem. Why won't you graduate with 4.2 in place of 4.6? please carry your frustration to somewhere else, Not private universities first class graduates they are good they have conducive environment for learning, they have good lecturers etc. Any first class product being it from private, state or Federal universities are good in their on way. (Being it sorting, being it malpractice, being it cramming, being it natural intelligence etc)

We have to respect any first class student wherever he graduated from being private or public University. What first class means is, either very good or excellent, if a first class student in a public school found himself in a private school, there is every tendency for him to perform better. The rigour a public student is subjected to is much and there are so many distractions and disruptions.
A good student is always a good student, anywhere and anytime.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

That is were you got it wrong, we over hype first class graduates in public universities (Mind you i am student from public university with CGPA of 4.47 on the scale of 5.0 point in my final year). In public universities we have frustrated Lecturers that are not satisfied with their monthly pay, and secondly the employment selection is base on WHO YOU KNOW factor. But lecturers in private universities are selected base on merit. People with passion for teaching, people that have teaching ethics, people that are delighted to see their students passing, people that are ready to help their students. Why won't the students have good grades? unlike our lecturers in public universities that are forming local champion without any teaching ethics, been harsh to their students, nobody is ready to attend to your personal problem. Why won't you graduate with 4.2 in place of 4.6? please carry your frustration to somewhere else, Not private universities first class graduates they are good they have conducive environment for learning, they have good lecturers etc. Any first class product being it from private, state or Federal universities are good in their on way. (Being it sorting, being it malpractice, being it cramming, being it natural intelligence etc)

Guy forget it..

Average 2.1 Graduate in Nigerian public university is equivalent first class in most of private universities. I used to reason like you untill yesterday when i was talking to my friend who is in bells university. He told me he is sure of 4 A's in his next semester courses. I asked him why he is so sure like that he said because he knew the lectures. And mind you he is going offer only 5 courses. So you see, if he get 4'As in 5 courses notin gonna stop him from hitting first class.

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
@ OP

You are one of those Nigerians who have this backward mentality. Just for somebody having first-class certificate from public university now makes it mandatory to respect the person. Jeez! Please, take the Nigerian first class and shove it in your bottom because first-classes from private and public university are treated the same.

4 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by tbagjames(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

Are the first class from private universities responsible for our unfavourable conditions? Why the hatred for first class graduates in private Universities? They are as good as their public universities counterpart if not more than them.
after paying such huge tuition fee you don't expect them to fail.

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by sujex2015: 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

NICE ONE BRO.......thumbs up
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by franconian: 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
priscaoge: Battle btwn Prvy n Pub Universities graduatesgringrin

grin grin grin grin Nigerians, fighting themselves in all areas while unknowing taking sides with their real enemy since 1960! This is why we can't come together to find possible solutions to real life problems. SMH in 3D
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Transluxpaints(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
any grade obtained in the univesity depend on the strict decision of the student

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sixix:

Because Nigeria is a country where dreams are made to be crushed

I am not stalking you but I do know you write, I have read some of your works.

When you do come across a first class student, you will realise your mistakes.

Okay. I never failed to gain admission in UI not until second list is out.

Re-read my post and point out where I am hating on first class. Why should I hate on them when I am not in the system already? Then, you should now say I am either 2.1 or 2.2.

I only said, they should be respected for their achievement not a paper award. You gerrit? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by lewizylee(m): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

tru talk

Repping uniport!!!
Bunch of fustrated lecturers!!!
They just have too fit in the job based on the onnly option theey had...

Lecturers in private skools work better and they were there tru merit and really a deserving position too them!!!

Am out of the system with my cgpa of 3.17...if not the fusstration...making a first class is just focuss...lecturers in public skoolls are mostly sadist!!

Stannd too be corrected!!!

2 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by donblue(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
when u r a first class graduate much will be expected from u and if eventually u fail to deliver den u r a mess. myself am an under graduate and I bet u even if I hamma first class along d line, I will intentionally drop my G.P because I don't want to graduate with first class Allah. my 2.1 here I come...
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by sujex2015: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
tbagjames:
after paying such huge tuition fee you don't expect them to fail.
more reasons why u hav 2 read hard 2 justify ur tuition fees......
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by priscaoge(f): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
franconian:

grin grin grin grin Nigerians, fighting themselves in all areas while unknowing taking sides with their real enemy since 1960! This is why we can't come together to find possible solutions to real life problems. SMH in 3D
Lmaocheesy...Abeg take am sofry de shake ur head in 3D mbokgrin
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by rattlesnake(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
gistmelove:
with connection abi?? grin grin
i upgraded

did my msc

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Transluxpaints(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] hardwork
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by homesteady(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
Lecturers in public universities are evil people! The lecturers themselves know they are evil!
To come out with 1st class in public universities is a testimony!

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by sujex2015: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
papiforreal:

Guy forget it..

Average 2.1 Graduate in Nigerian public university is equivalent first class in most of private universities. I used to reason like you untill yesterday when i was talking to my friend who is in bells university. He told me he was sure of 4 A's in his next semester courses. I asked him why he is so sure like that he said because he knew the lectures. And mind you he is going offer only 5 courses. So you see, if he get 4'As in 5 courses notin gonna stop him from hitting first class.
my brother education in Nigeria has already decayed....let stop all these unneccessary comparism......besides private uni has better learning environment tho...

3 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by FlyboyZee: 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

You are dead wrong or is it wrong on point they say these days? The best Teachers are always in th public schools. Moreover, public universities pay the highest wages in Nigeria. Almost, I repeat again, almost all the Lecturers in private universities in Nigeria earn their main wages in the public universities where they work full time and then freelance or carry out adjunct or part time lecturing jobs in the private universities. Ask any full time private university Lecturer you meet and he would not exhitate to let you know that his desire is to be employed in a public university. I'm in the field and I know what I am talking about.

6 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by gistmelove(m): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
rattlesnake:
i upgraded

did my msc
eheh now u wey talkin
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by EbolaParasite: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
butanep: Any first class from private university nor follow... Am not saying their first class is not brilliant but then nor follow... I was watching a private university convocation on day and a dept(accounting) produce 18 first class... Just 1 dept ooo... I vex off my TV... Private sch want you to pass by all means but public university want you to fail and come bak again, so if you pass, it means you ve strong head...
Nonsense. So schools like Princeton, MIT, UT, Yale, etc are also rubbish because they churn out huge first class candidates too? See what public education has done to your reasoning

5 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Sixix: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

Okay. I never failed to gain admission in UI not until second list is out.

Re-read my post and point out where I am hating on first class. Why should I hate on them when I am not in the system already? Then, you should now say I am either 2.1 or 2.2.

I only said, they should be respected for their achievement not a paper award. You gerrit? undecided

Don't confuse me

Referring to their effort as la cram la pour screams contempt to me

When you finally get to you UI then you will realise how easy it is to make a first by 'la cramming and la pouring'

Having a first is a means to an end therefore it is an achievement on its own, which would attract other achievements

Ehm.....And it is not just a paper award undecided....it took a lot of dedication and hard work which says a lot about them

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Jokay07(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
butanep: Any first class from private university nor follow... Am not saying their first class is not brilliant but then nor follow... I was watching a private university convocation on day and a dept(accounting) produce 18 first class... Just 1 dept ooo... I vex off my TV... Private sch want you to pass by all means but public university want you to fail and come bak again, so if you pass, it means you ve strong head...
Answer these questions put forward to you and let me see if truly u are intelligent.... 1)why must you be browned-off because those lucky and hard working students were able to click 'first class'? (2) will u still be angry if they graduated from a/any public university? 3) according to this statement of yours =[ am not say that their first class is nt brillant but dem nor follow] why dem nor follow? 4) tell me how the first class students in public universities are better than the ones in private universities. And lastly, 5) explain extensively, ''a first class student'' and effect in a job interview. I'm waiting for ur reply. Your time starts now!! Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by killercute16(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
mikaj: Trust me ma peepz, someone with a 2.1 in futo is way better than a 1st class from either a private uni or public uni. FUTO no be beans.
Then may b u ve neve been to ui,unilorin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) / Young Boy With An Insane Math Skills Shocks Everyone (Video) / Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.