Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,032 members, 7,852,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

Respect First Class Students In Public Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (37114 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Huzzie: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
Topics like this make me cry for Nigeria; we give credit to the unnecessary things and ignore the necessary ones. Nigerians and our ways of justifying everything....
@OP...i want to believe you are not one of those geologists that start and end career in a bank.

"I don't want to change the world, i just want to make a differences" -UB.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
FlyboyZee:
I hope you know that no one stopped you from practicing "la cram, la pour" when others were doing it and making 1st Class?

Where did I crictisize 'first class'? I only said what should be respected is their achievement.

Its obvious you belong to the Alaba International or Oshodi Oke crew.

'It's or It is' not Its. smiley

He never made a 2.1; he was a 3rd Class graduate.

He made 2.1 not 3rd class. He debunked the 3rd class rumour.

I can feel someone with a "Certificate of Attendance" rumbling.

True! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by FlyboyZee: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
princefunmi:

How reta.rded can you be.

You say a Public University wants you to fail and come back again, yet you still say a first class from a private university is not it. What exactly is your point.
His point is that you have to work hard and be really good in order to make a 1st Class in a public university because of the frustrating environment. While in a private university, they want to produce as much 1st Class as possible in order to lure more intending students and as such they assist the students in anyway they can and also make it far much more easier for their students to get good grades and not neccessarily learn much than is obtainable in the public university. QED.

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
Jarus:

With this written English, one can only shake his head.

Point out the 'gbagaun' and don't just shake head. undecided
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by DesChyko: 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
Oluwaseun or Seun.. You're not taking this adverts business of yours seriously.
You're chasing mega deals, when people are advertising themselves for free.
Little drops of water makes a mighty ocean. Better strike up 'space adverts' rates before this viable marrket loses its customers.

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
FlyboyZee:
His point is that you have to work hard and be really good in order to make a 1st Class in a public university because of the frustrating environment. While in a private university, they want to produce as much 1st Class as possible in order to lure more intending students and as such they assist the students in anyway they can and also make it far much more easier for their students to get good grades and not neccessarily learn much than is obtainable in the public university. QED.

And you know this because..........
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Anaskie(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Standard007: I've (we've) gotta learn from u by not balancing d equation, dats by taking a little time from our leisure to get dat remaining 0.3 to complete our first class. undecided grin

SHOUT OUT TO ALL FIRST YEARS IN D HOUSE!!!

PROUDLY A FIRST YEAR MEDICINE AND SURGERY STUDENT (ABSU)

(We don't do first class tho!) grin undecided
Lol. U still have a looooong way to go. I graduated from dat uni some years ago. How is Uturu?
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by donphilopus: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
Most of you bragging about your first class degrees should go to Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, and see how first class is being awarded to students. I went there recently to check accounting notice board for my sister-cousin, I was so surprised that about 85 names that were published in Accounting Dept, no first class, only 2 2nd class uppers, 73 2nd class lowers and 10 3rd class. I don't know how they did it though.

There are so many schools in Nigeria where you won't be able to make good grades in Nigeria unless you “block” your way out. I believe most 2:2 Graduates of Ekpoma can compete with 2:1 Products of most schools in Nigeria.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by shilexholly(m): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
D truth is d̶̲̥̅̊α† d private are tryin 2 cos D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ av gud lecturers Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ conducive learning environ..d lecturere tak tins more serious....but d̶̲̥̅̊α† doesn't say D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ can b beta dan d public....na eru iku D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ public uni......
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by FlyboyZee: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
mikaj: Trust me ma peepz, someone with a 2.1 in futo is way better than a 1st class from either a private uni or public uni. FUTO no be beans.
You see your life? For your mind FUTO na personal university as e no be either private or public university. Dundee United.

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by agrovick(m): 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

That is were you got it wrong, we over hype first class graduates in public universities (Mind you i am student from public university with CGPA of 4.47 on the scale of 5.0 point in my final year). In public universities we have frustrated Lecturers that are not satisfied with their monthly pay, and secondly the employment selection is base on WHO YOU KNOW factor. But lecturers in private universities are selected base on merit. People with passion for teaching, people that have teaching ethics, people that are delighted to see their students passing, people that are ready to help their students. Why won't the students have good grades? unlike our lecturers in public universities that are forming local champion without any teaching ethics, been harsh to their students, nobody is ready to attend to your personal problem. Why won't you graduate with 4.2 in place of 4.6? please carry your frustration to somewhere else, Not private universities first class graduates they are good they have conducive environment for learning, they have good lecturers etc. Any first class product being it from private, state or Federal universities are good in their on way. (Being it sorting, being it malpractice, being it cramming, being it natural intelligence etc)
I do not totally agree with all your points, we have public universities' lecturers lecturing in private universities, and according to one of my lecturers who also lectures in bowen; he said before exams u do a revision using the exam questions the students are to write. In his words, they pay tuition and that's the reason why they are pampered so biko do not compare though i must say there are exceptions

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by butanep(m): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
Even if its to cram or copy... Its not easy... If you re not intelligent, you can't cram successfully... So don't say they cram to pass because the craming is the hardest part of studies... You can't eliminate craming from reading methodology... So my people cram or no cram... Its not easy to bag a first class from public university... Am nt saying it is cheap to get it from a private university either... Respect to the First Class graduate...
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by ojsmscom(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
Most of these first class students are the people dat faild to dvelop themselves while in schl and only concentrated on books only to graduate and start looking for jobs created by third class holders
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by duncan511: 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
U GET IT WRONG, IN PRIVATE WHERE I AM CURRENTLY IF U CAN HAVE PASS THANK GOD BECAUSE IS NOT EASY ND IF U GET BELOW 2 POINT EITHER U WILL DRAWN OR REPEAT DAT IS PRIVATE FOR DAT MATA, CAN PUBLIC DO DAT
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Lots of students get a first class by sleeping with their lectures or organising girls for Him so please spare me the long story.

I respect people based on their mental capacity.

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nyaku(m): 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
undecided grin o boy, with dat ur CGPA, u write dt crap.....men ur schl be as e get....no offences pls! Kilode
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by luvola(m): 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
I remembered when I graduated in 2012 department of accounting where the only first class student we ought to produced finally made 2.1 .. Imagine no first class out of 242 students that graduated back then in the department. Lasu I hail you o.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by FlyboyZee: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

Are the first class from private universities responsible for our unfavourable conditions? Why the hatred for first class graduates in private Universities? They are as good as their public universities counterpart if not more than them.
You still dey talk? Na people wey no meet requirements for admission into public universities dey end up for private universities and universities for Ghana and Benin Republic. Shebi you wan form like say you no know, abi?

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by lokoloko84(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
segradino: tru

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate
Guy I want to give you a trial about your service today.
I need an etisalat plan of 250MB.How do I go about it. SMS only
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
Jonathan ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by FlyboyZee: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
princefunmi:

And you know this because..........
Yes! Because I am a Lecturer in both public and private universities.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by jennylove7575(f): 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
This shouldn't be about earning respect it should be about finding employment...yeah right I made first class and riding keke napep for a living....I graduated with pass in Edo language and the manager of a bank...who is fooling whom...Abeg this naija first class degree talks is to occupy a space in Nairaland...make I waka pass.... LA LA LA LA la
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
butanep: Even if its to cram or copy... Its not easy... If you re not intelligent, you can't cram successfully... So don't say they cram to pass because the craming is the hardest part of studies... You can't eliminate craming from reading methodology... So my people cram or no cram... Its not easy to bag a first class from public university... Am nt saying it is cheap to get it from a private university either... Respect to the First Class graduate...
we ar on the same page
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Norajones(f): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Standard007: I've (we've) gotta learn from u by not balancing d equation, dats by taking a little time from our leisure to get dat remaining 0.3 to complete our first class. undecided grin

SHOUT OUT TO ALL FIRST YEARS IN D HOUSE!!!

PROUDLY A FIRST YEAR MEDICINE AND SURGERY STUDENT (ABSU)

(We don't do first class tho!) grin undecided
i see u ,,greatest ikenga,,tellem say first class no easy for absu oo,,,im also a fisrt year in management..mehn deir fees no b here
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by gatiano(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
what should then happen to those who are of 2nd class and lower, should they all be respected less. lazy is the teacher who pay all his attention to those who already know or who are quick to understanding. Master is the teacher who look at the most wanting of his student, and breath into him air and light of life.

to the op, nobody needs to respect you, you deserve none. give respect to those to whom you have studied for and from, by creating life and making that life perfect for the use and growth of Man. then we will all applaud you and praise GOD for his wisdom on you.

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by kibo: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
Maser: What is this silly post meant to convey? That a public Uni is better than a private Uni or what? The person that initiated this thread is grossly immature. For the records, I attended a public and prestigious Federal University in Nigeria before another one in Europe. It is difficult to see how a First class graduate from an ill-equipped University can compare to another from a well equipped University in terms of quality, childish prejudices aside. People think that when it is more difficult to make a first in a Uni means the standard is high. In advanced societies it is an indictment on the lecturers and quality of the institution. In Nigeria many people who even deserve a first are wickedly denied it by lecturers just to make their department appear tough when in reality the quality is really poor. During our days, a lecturer would tell you ahead of time that in his course, A is for God, B for himself, then a genius in the class could have a C, then the rest could scramble for other grades and funny enough it would turn out so, not based on performance but on personal wickedness of the lecturer. Again a lot of shit happen in those public schools like sorting, bottom power, etc. I look forward to a time when public UNIs will begin to brag that they had a number of first class because the lecturers were committed and successfully imparted knowledge, there were quality teaching equipments and laboratories and as a result the outcome was many firsts. That to me is quality education as opposed to the primitive mentality that fewer firsts means high quality

You speak with so much intelligence !!
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by laplace12(m): 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

That is were you got it wrong, we over hype first class graduates in public universities (Mind you i am student from public university with CGPA of 4.47 on the scale of 5.0 point in my final year). In public universities we have frustrated Lecturers that are not satisfied with their monthly pay, and secondly the employment selection is base on WHO YOU KNOW factor. But lecturers in private universities are selected base on merit. People with passion for teaching, people that have teaching ethics, people that are delighted to see their students passing, people that are ready to help their students. Why won't the students have good grades? unlike our lecturers in public universities that are forming local champion without any teaching ethics, been harsh to their students, nobody is ready to attend to your personal problem. Why won't you graduate with 4.2 in place of 4.6? please carry your frustration to somewhere else, Not private universities first class graduates they are good they have conducive environment for learning, they have good lecturers etc. Any first class product being it from private, state or Federal universities are good in their on way. (Being it sorting, being it malpractice, being it cramming, being it natural intelligence etc)

Bro I know You are trying to make sense but You failed unfortunately.

18 first class in a class Is not normal except You didn't see that part. Its about half a class.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by GboyegaD(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
martowskin1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin just try to be a 4pointer..... forget dat big-dream......is over for u

This is falsehood. With an average of 4.8 each semester he can still make it provided each semester is of equal units.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
radiorebel: Esp in Unimaid
Wow!!! Am also a unimaid student, nice to meet u.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by abbeywasc(m): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
OLUJOSHINS: Lots of students get a first class by sleeping with their lectures or organising girls for Him so please spare me the long story.

I respect people based on their mental capacity.
sleeping wt lecturers to get FC ? u seriously dnt knw hw hard it is to accumulate such a cgpa. u slp wt lecturers to avoid carry-overs, pass or third class, not FC. any1 dt can gt first class by sleepin around must be a first class ho and must be special in bed to maintain dt for four years wt diffrrent lecturers(not less dn 20lecturers for d four years) and if its a school like unilorin where some exams are CBT, u gotta sleep wt d computer too?
by d way for those alleging crammin, well, evry1 crams whether FC, 2.1 or pass, its part of d process and any FC who says he/she didnt is a First class liar. if u tnk cramming to gt FC is easy, try it and tell us d result.
oh, its nt all public univ dt are above suspicion. UniMaid in 2009/2010 produced over 300FC in a yr. (d number was 579 if i can recall correctly not sure if dey combined several years though)

respect to all d FC in the house
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by GboyegaD(m): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
joshbouy: it's not over for me I know that.

I like your spirit. Be strong and try to make an average of 4.8 in your remaining semester.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sixix:

Don't confuse me

Referring to their effort as la cram la pour screams contempt to me

When you finally get to you UI then you will realise how easy it is to make a first by 'la cramming and la pouring'

Having a first is a means to an end therefore it is an achievement on its own, which would attract other achievements

Ehm.....And it is not just a paper award undecided....it took a lot of dedication and hard work which says a lot about them

I concur.

It takes more than just la cram la pour to have a first class

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) / Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA / JAMB 2017: Oloyede Made Everyone Look Brilliant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.