Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,031 members, 7,852,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

Respect First Class Students In Public Universities - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (37113 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by mikaj(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
FlyboyZee:
You see your life? For your mind FUTO na personal university as e no be either private or public university. Dundee United.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by mikaj(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
FlyboyZee:
You see your life? For your mind FUTO na personal university as e no be either private or public university. Dundee United.

Meenhhhh!!!!!! When I was told there are senseless peepz on nairaland, I no believe Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo. Bros where u keep ur sense??
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Lol who cares.. Its not by first class. Yall can kill urselves with book, una go stil come out into labor market dey follow person wey get third class dey hustle for dsame job.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by mikaj(m): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
killercute16: Then may b u ve neve been to ui,unilorin.

U never hear about futo bros.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by mikaj(m): 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
scofield33:

Lol...My guy I feel your pain! I'm a futoite too

Help me tell ma Oga bosses what we are going through
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Headmaster055(m): 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
First class or no first class, wat matters is Ur intelligence, as my uncle will always say, examination is nt d real test of 1s knowledge.....many pple like me ar skuling nd hussling @ d same tym.......2.1 sure pass oooo.....Up NOUN student
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Acidosis(m): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
No one deserves a 1st Class in Nigeria. cheesy

In a country where a student can retrive a project work in the library, make photocopy, write the words verbatim & submit cheesy

Both Students and Lecturers do not know what a plagiarism software looks like. All copy repeated junks & peoples' intellectual properties cheesy Meanwhile, in Countries like Germany, some parts of U.S, U.K, France, etc, plagiarism attracts rustication and prosecution.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by MevsU(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why should they be respected when what most of them do is "la cram, la pour.

What should be respected is what they achieved in life not ordinary paper award.

You don't expect me to be respecting someone with 1st class in EEE when he hasn't achieved anything meaningful to the society.

Wole Soyinka made 2.1 in University and he is being respected today for what he has achieved in life not paper certificate. You dig? undecided

EDITED- I have a secondary school classmate who always score high in every subject. Her result percentage is always a way higher than second position.

She always hit 92, 93 in Physics and Chemistry exam added with test but during Physics and Chemistry practical(s), she fumbles.

Nigerian education is solely based on theory and little or no practical. So, First class should be disregarded except what you are able to reproduce in labour market. Kapish? tongue

Ur post depicts a sad individual.
The point wether is la cram la pour or natural intelligence life is not a one way route, so find ur route and leave those who crammed to get first class alone.
NOTE: To achieve first class grade it takes a lot of discipline which I believe since u r not u can't understand.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by butanep(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
Pls first class from public school are subjected under much pressure than private school... The school assist student to bag first class degree in private school unlike public school where the school want you to fail...
With the kind of environment N tre atment private university students re exposed to... They ve no option to graduate with good grades unlike public sch where you struggle to even receive lectures...
Abeg first class nor be beans for public school... Take it or not...
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by deletrue: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

I wanted to ignore this mention but the bolded caught my attention. I don't want you to feel me as a snub.

Okay! Who is the first African to Win Nobel Prize Laureate in Literature? smiley
Just tell us the benefits of that prize to Nigerians apart from the mere fact that a Nigerian has won one meaning less prize. Do you know that the benefits of just a footballer to Nigeria's economy is far more than that of Nobel Prize? Tell us his contributions, any popular position he has been appointed into or any elective position he has contested or held by this skiny poverty ridden and emptied professor who knows nothing other than critizing others without profering any solutions.
How would you reason a professor without a wife, who visits fast food joints? Can you ever pint point any nonentity like Wole Soyinka?
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Teephar(f): 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
luvola: I remembered when I graduated in 2012 department of accounting where the only first class student we ought to produced finally made 2.1 .. Imagine no first class out of 242 students that graduated back then in the department. Lasu I hail you o.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
@Op, U tried.. Geology isn't an easy course. If I may ask, How many 2.1 did ur dept turn out?
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by MevsU(m): 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
donblue: when u r a first class graduate much will be expected from u and if eventually u fail to deliver den u r a mess. myself am an under graduate and I bet u even if I hamma first class along d line, I will intentionally drop my G.P because I don't want to graduate with first class Allah. my 2.1 here I come...

Don't do that if you are close, aim for it
In as much as I believe cgpa does not make a man we should not settle for less because of people who keep encouraging themselves in failure and mediocrity.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by osifred(m): 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
chismo007:

Nice one there but mind u most 1st class graduates in private universities can't be compared to a 2.2 student in public university based on intellect and exposure

My friend you are lying. But if your assumption can make you sleep peaceful at night then so be it.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by butanep(m): 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
I pity that guy when they correct english... Na nonsense you correct... I just pity you... You just started... You road still far...
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by butanep(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
I pity that guy when they correct english... Na nonsense you correct... I just pity you... You just started... Your road still far...
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by kaydada: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
chismo007:

Nice one there but mind u most 1st class graduates in private universities can't be compared to a 2.2 student in public university based on intellect and exposure

Please how do you intend to back up this point of yours?
While you are at it, let me drop this here. I'm sure you must have heard of the PRESSID, its open to all first class graduates in Nigeria. It might interest you to know that a certain Private university has always had the highest number of selected candidates for the scholarship since its inception. Mind you, This scholarship is a federal government initiative and as such, private university students aren't obviously given any preferential treatment. Now this is a fact, you can look it up.
Enough said, I await your response.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
butanep: I respect people who graduate with a first class degree from a public university... I am saying this because I tried and put in all my best to bag a first class degree but I still end up with a close CGPA of 4.2.
As a young guy in my first year in school, I got a GP of 4.6 in first year and 4.5 in 2nd year, but from third yr I couldn't make a first klass again till my final year... I put in all my best because I was kind of good... I know I still do some play shall, like following woman N sports but I make sure I balance my time... Still at that I couldn't make the first class... I was asking if its the School(UNIBEN) or my department(Geology) but I couldn't get a valid answer to my question... Ever since then, I always respect a first class graduate because its not easy... Am nt saying a secon class upper is easy because I knw how it take to get that in school but first class demand a lot from You...
@Op, U tried.. Geology isn't an easy course. If I may ask, How many 2.1 did ur dept turnout?
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by butanep(m): 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
My dept produce only 18 second class upper that year... I thank God for His Grace... It was not by power but His Grace...
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by STENON(f): 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hmmmmmm.....It has not been easy at all to be a first class Undergraduate.......May God help us the more.....
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by phemolala07(m): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
Wat abt poly distinctn graduate(yabatech).
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Tex42(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

That is were you got it wrong, we over hype first class graduates in public universities (Mind you i am student from public university with CGPA of 4.47 on the scale of 5.0 point in my final year). In public universities we have frustrated Lecturers that are not satisfied with their monthly pay, and secondly the employment selection is base on WHO YOU KNOW factor. But lecturers in private universities are selected base on merit. People with passion for teaching, people that have teaching ethics, people that are delighted to see their students passing, people that are ready to help their students. Why won't the students have good grades? unlike our lecturers in public universities that are forming local champion without any teaching ethics, been harsh to their students, nobody is ready to attend to your personal problem. Why won't you graduate with 4.2 in place of 4.6? please carry your frustration to somewhere else, Not private universities first class graduates they are good they have conducive environment for learning, they have good lecturers etc. Any first class product being it from private, state or Federal universities are good in their on way. (Being it sorting, being it malpractice, being it cramming, being it natural intelligence etc)
baba ur anger dey fast lane o!. lol!,Nlanders shaa!

i agree with u abeg, have lecturers like that in ma dept(civil engr, unizik). my HOD is the only person that does justice to his course,but odaz are not willing to teach and always ready to mark u down.very frustrated crop of lecturers.

repin ma HOD,Engr Dr Aginam. tearing RC design and detailing since 1900.
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by elari(m): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Makes me remember the indian movie 3 idiots and the Prof. Virus syndrome

1 Like

Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Kruzilano(m): 5:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
I rilli do respect dem, bt wat about dose dat do LA PAY/.......LA PASS.. Only few are worth d respect
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Joshuadon: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why should they be respected when what most of them do is "la cram, la pour.

What should be respected is what they achieved in life not ordinary paper award.

You don't expect me to be respecting someone with 1st class in EEE when he hasn't achieved anything meaningful to the society.

Wole Soyinka made 2.1 in University and he is being respected today for what he has achieved in life not paper certificate. You dig? undecided

EDITED- I have a secondary school classmate who always score high in every subject. Her result percentage is always a way higher than second position.

She always hit 92, 93 in Physics and Chemistry exam added with test but during Physics and Chemistry practical(s), she fumbles.

Nigerian education is solely based on theory and little or no practical. So, First class should be disregarded except what you are able to reproduce in labour market. Kapish? tongue

HMMM I SEE,DONT BE JEOLOUS, U SAY LA CRAM - LA POUR ,,, YES BUT ITS NOT EASY LA CRAMING - LA POURING .......PARDON MY ENGLISH.......HOW DID U KNOW UR ABC TODAY IF NOT DIS VERY LA CRAMING - LA POURING..............LOL.....PLS TALK SENSE.........
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by DonaldGenes(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
Rapsainot: you don't need to tell me gan. I already knew you have a low I.Q

[size=8pt][/size] grin grin grin
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by killercute16(m): 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
mikaj:
U never hear about futo bros.
Lol...chairman am from IMO state from Orlu local govt and your u said i dont know futo....let the truth be told broda and stop hating....UNILORIN nd UI are the two universities we should just give the respect and credit.......*PEACE*
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Kruzilano(m): 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
cum and gradute with 1st class here in futo(civil eng) lemme see na.......
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Psychedelia(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
cool
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by Kruzilano(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
Tex42: baba ur anger dey fast lane o!. lol!,Nlanders shaa!

i agree with u abeg, have lecturers like that in ma dept(civil engr, unizik). my HOD is the only person that does justice to his course,but odaz are not willing to teach and always ready to mark u down.very frustrated crop of lecturers.

repin ma HOD,Engr Dr Aginam. tearing RC design and detailing since 1900.
GREAT ACES
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by chuggy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Mehn for u 2 get a 1st class in a public uni, wen 2.1 na stil do or die affair, mean say u b guru, dem no dey argue am..simple FACT!
Re: Respect First Class Students In Public Universities by odiagabros(m): 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
butanep: I respect people who graduate with a first class degree from a public university... I am saying this because I tried and put in all my best to bag a first class degree but I still end up with a close CGPA of 4.2.
As a young guy in my first year in school, I got a GP of 4.6 in first year and 4.5 in 2nd year, but from third yr I couldn't make a first klass again till my final year... I put in all my best because I was kind of good... I know I still do some play shall, like following woman N sports but I make sure I balance my time... Still at that I couldn't make the first class... I was asking if its the School(UNIBEN) or my department(Geology) but I couldn't get a valid answer to my question... Ever since then, I always respect a first class graduate because its not easy... Am nt saying a secon class upper is easy because I knw how it take to get that in school but first class demand a lot from You...

My brother you are correct...A first class in any public university is hard and 1st class in uniben is very difficult ... especially in sme department lyk Ecostat

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) / Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA / JAMB 2017: Oloyede Made Everyone Look Brilliant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.