Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight (13778 Views)

TeHN's 2nd Annual End Of Year Charity Flight / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread / Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
dytbabe:

It will be memorable if u be our first donor, pls send a mail to the TEHN crew to get the acc number
God bless u as u do so

If you feel this strongly about contributing now, you can as well lead by example.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
striktlymi:

If you feel this strongly about contributing now, you can as well lead by example.
Oga, please don't let us derail this thread.
You've made a valuable contribution so let's leave it at that.

Thanks

@all
We need suggestions on how to achieve our goals for this year.
Keep them coming y'all

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
jaybee3:
Oga, please don't let us derail this thread.
You've made a valuable contribution so let's leave it at that.

Thanks

@all
We need suggestions on how to achieve our goals for this year.
Keep them coming y'all

Enjoy your thread!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by dytbabe: 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Oh didn't know jay already replied
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
smiley bright idea. Buh make dem start 4rm 60yrs. 55 stil dey young.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by StarboyMichael(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
I am following, waiting for donation time.. Cheers
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Jesus!!!!!!! You mean 2014 is almost over... shocked shocked shocked

Dayuum! That's not cool at all..

Anyways,

Okija_juju... the Eze Mmuo 1 of Nairaland endorses this flight. .

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by acaciakay: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by whitecat007: 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
Great!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by cinderellla(f): 12:45am On Sep 09, 2014
Wow!!!
Kudos Tehn!!!
I was involved in last year's flight.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Ah, it's that time again. Count me in guys. You all are doing awesome work.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 09, 2014
Thank you everyone for your support

We still need your input and ideas please

Thank You

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 8:32am On Sep 09, 2014
chaircover: Thank you everyone for your support
Thank You

Thank You

I am bereft of ideas.. cry

Wait.. Lemme try and think hard of something...

NOPE!!! Nothing.. My head is empty..

Pfft.. I tried..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by pickabeau1: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Enjoy your thread!

Thanks for your response however TEHN is you and I
It is your thread and suggestions are welcome

Thanks
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2014
As expected... Them don run. grin

Wait make I go open one thread now about politics or religion or one stupid nonsense and all of them go jump out..

Now this thread is about making a difference ourselves and for over 18hours, e never pass 1 page.. grin

No surprises, afterall NAIRALAND is still made up of REAL EVERYDAY NIGERIANS.. grin

#TeHN Management, Please talk to the supermods to seee how we can get this thread pinned to the Frontpage or atleast given a weekly frontpage spot for the duration of the flight.. Thanks.

#iHopeThisCountsAsAnIdea.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

Thanks for your response however TEHN is you and I
It is your thread and suggestions are welcome

Thanks

May be true but the impression I got yesterday was that the thread belongs to a clique of friends. What seem to matter to the clique is the pockets of outsiders only and not their suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by pickabeau1: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2014
striktlymi:

May be true but the impression I got yesterday was that the thread belongs to a clique of friends. What seem to matter to the clique is the pockets of outsiders only and not their suggestions.

That impression may not be so.
All cases are evaluated on a case by case basis devoid of favoritism and bias

Please review this link for a history of links

At the moment, TEHN is handling the education of someone in a federal university and organising a need-based scholarship tuition for aspiring undergraduates

Last year, Modupe Cole home and a series of childrens homes were visited

Any questions you have will be answered

TeHN is you and I

https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread /

https://www.nairaland.com/1842604/tehn-calling-all-school-leavers

https://www.nairaland.com/1522558/tehns-2nd-annual-end-year

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Eneze1(f): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2014
If Tehn is targeting the elderly, I think the age range should be 60 and above and when do you want people to start donating?
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 09, 2014
r231: It’s that time of the year again when we get together as one in order to put smiles on the less privilege in our society. We have decided as a group to focus on the elderly this year under the theme:” Getting together to help the elderly as we are going to need the help someday”

According to Nigeria’s current estimated demographic data, there are:
Poor Nigerians = 58 million
Total Population = 170 million
% of elderly adults (55+) = 7%

Going by the figures above, we can estimate that there are currently about 4 million elderly folks living below poverty line. That’s a whole lot of people with nowhere to go for help as of when needed.

We know we don’t have the resources to help as many as we would have liked but our commitment is to make some real difference no matter how small it may be. We are of the believe that a combination of small meaningful efforts by well-meaning Nigerians can make the desired change we all crave.

What are we asking for at this stage?
· Ideas on how we should go about this ambition of ours

· Names of homes specifically set up to care for the elderly

· Nominate elderly folks that you know is living below the poverty line

Prospective Timeline
September – Consultation
October – November – Fund raising campaign
December – Charity Flight

Lastly, as always we would like to thank you guys for all the support throughout the years. Without you guys there is simply no TeHN.

Let’s make it happen and of course let the change we crave start from each and every one of us

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/14842-economist-agrees-with-world-bank-report-on-nigeria-s-poverty-reduction-level

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/demographics_profile.html

Regards

TeHN
How much do you gain from this tehn stuff? For the past three years plus, you have been anchoring it and nobody is holding you accountable. Please first create a thread giving a meticulous account of the previous tehn. Before that, I wont be donating my hard earned money on this edition.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

That impression may not be so.
All cases are evaluated on a case by case basis devoid of favoritism and bias

Please review this link for a history of links

At the moment, TEHN is handling the education of someone in a federal university and organising a need-based scholarship tuition for aspiring undergraduates

Last year, Modupe Cole home and a series of childrens homes were visited

Any questions you have will be answered

TeHN is you and I

https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread /

https://www.nairaland.com/1842604/tehn-calling-all-school-leavers

https://www.nairaland.com/1522558/tehns-2nd-annual-end-year

The work is commendable but to say TeHN is for all would be self deceit. It is for a few. I will still go ahead and give the 10k I decided to give before my first post on this thread when the time comes for donating.

Like I said, enjoy your thread.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2014
chimoz:
How much do you gain from this tehn stuff? For the past three years plus, you have been anchoring it and nobody is holding you accountable. Please first create a thread giving a meticulous account of the previous tehn. Before that, I wont be donating my hard earned money on this edition.

I have same sentiments as you do but I don't think it should stop peeps from contributing if they want to. Contribute but the organisers should do an audit of the Charity's funds to the last naira and make it public.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by dytbabe: 9:44am On Sep 09, 2014
striktlymi:

The work is commendable but to say TeHN is for all would be self deceit. It is for a few. I will still go ahead and give the 10k I decided to give before my first post on this thread when the time comes for donating.

Sorry if I actually made u feel that way, suggestions and every other are so welcome
We all are one family
Handshake?
Pls don't say no
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2014
Eneze1: If Tehn is targeting the elderly, I think the age range should be 60 and above and when do you want people to start donating?

Thanks for your suggestion Ma. The age range was specifically used so as to create meaningful statistics to support our argument. Although it will be very difficult to ascertain/verify ages of potential recipients (We don’t plan to) but be rest assured all recipients will be worthy of the prospective support. This is our guarantee

The fund raising campaign will open beginning of next month

Regards

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Eneze1(f): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2014
jaybee3:

Thanks for your suggestion Ma. The age range was specifically used so as to create meaningful statistics to support our argument. Although it will be very difficult to ascertain/verify ages of potential recipients (We don’t plan to) but be rest assured all recipients will be worthy of the prospective support. This is our guarantee

The fund raising campaign will open beginning of next month

Regards

Okay noted
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2014
chimoz:

Thanks ever so for your valid questions and concern shown.

TeHN is currently made up of 8 individuals (All Nairalanders) who support our work through donations and voluntary self-service. The group was set up to support the less privileged in our nation via various fund campaigns for targeted and specific verified projects.

We do not gain monetarily from donations received. Our only gain in the way of seeing joy on the faces of people we help and being able to alleviate people from poverty is usually realized if and when we are able to successfully deliver all agreed deliverable.

All money received are announced on the thread and aggregated along throughout the campaign process.
All expenditures are usually published on the specific threads as of when needed
Any money left over from specific projects are simply rolled over to the next project.
We keep a spreadsheet of all donations received to date accompanied with project expenses

Regards

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by pickabeau1: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Thanks for your support
It is not a few as you seem to be thinking
Each project has its cost breakdown which shows the funds raised and the expenses tied to each with evidence such as receipts, photos

Please take time to peruse the threads and see for yourself and raise any questions as you deem fit

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by edwife(f): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2014

Thank You

Thank you CC for sharing this with me,I will love to be a part of this great organisation this year.
So I will try to put in anything i can come with***so help me Lord*** cheesy

Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 11:09am On Sep 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Your mission is very clearly to cause dissent..

Nairalands TeHN has been very transparent from the start.. Every cent donated is stated here, every purchase made has reciepts posted here, every mission handled has been backed up.

If you take your time to go through the history of the project, you would have realised this.

Feel free to go through the history of TeHN and if you see anything that bothers you, query it and I will personally take it upon myself to make R231 and Jaybee amongst others answer.

Until such a time as when you have concrete proof of misappropiation of funds by the TeHN execs, I suggest you refrain from posting comments that are counter-productive to this good cause..

#Thanks..

13 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2014
chimoz:

Must you benefit something for you to be commited to it?! undecided

And this is why I am glad you are not one of the execs on this network.

9 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Your mission is very clearly to cause dissent..

Nairalands TeHN has been very transparent from the start.. Every cent donated is stated here, every purchase made has reciepts posted here, every mission handled has been backed up.

If you take your time to go through the history of the project, you would have realised this.

Feel free to go through the history of TeHN and if you see anything that bothers you, query it and I will personally take it upon myself to make R231 and Jaybee amongst others answer.

Until such a time as when you have concrete proof of misappropiation of funds by the TeHN execs, I suggest you refrain from posting comments that are counter-productive to this good cause..

#Thanks..

Sadly your post only demonstrates one of my sentiments. The thread is 'yours' not 'ours'!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 11:38am On Sep 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Sadly your post only demonstrates one of my sentiments. The thread is 'yours' not 'ours'!

Sorry I still dont get this statement undecided
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
r231:

Sorry I still dont get this statement undecided

Let me try and make this clear.

Feelers from yesterday demonstrates to me that the publicity given this thread is not needed because from my view, it is meant, strictly for 'members of TeHN' and their friends. The opinions and views of outsiders matters very little.

That is not saying the work done by TeHN is not real. Far from it! I believe firmly that real work is done and people's lives are being affected by the generous contributions of nairalanders and the sacrifice put in by members of TeHN.

However, the publicity would have made sense if it was done purely for the fund raiser because as it seems that is the only contribution outsiders are welcome to make.

Someone said members of TeHN should account for the donations given so far for the 3 years ended, before he can contribute further. As much as I do not agree with him totally but this does not nullify his concern. Matter of factly, his concern is very valid.

Given an account of previous fund raisers goes beyond just showing receipts and pictures. These source documents are necessary and I consider them fantastic but proper accounting does not start and end there.

Anyways, all that is me 'knacking my teeth' again. When it is time for the fund raiser proper, let us know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Brain Teaser / At What Point Do You Complain Of Being Broke? / Happy Birthday To Unibenstudent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.