Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight (13792 Views)

TeHN's 2nd Annual End Of Year Charity Flight / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread / Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by MadCow1: 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
TeHN execs...

change the topic to Tiwa Savage and Dbanj go wild on stage and see this thread hit 50 pages in 1 hour.. lol.

Nigerians. .. May God have mercy on this nation of loveless individuals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
I have some concerns here @jaybee3 and The TEHN crew...

1. Who are the members of TEHN executive?
2. Are these people nominated , elected or just volunteers?
3. If elected/Nominated, is their election/nomination fixed for a term or "it is forever"?
4. If the excos are volunteers, is there room for people or interested nl members to join the TEHN Exco? If yes what is the process?
5. It is one thing to post figures online and say So-so and so amount is Left unused or rolled over, but it is another thing for such amount to be in "existence". How do you assure people to take your word for it?

REASONS FOR THE QUESTIONS

1. Nairalanders that are not privy to TEHN needs to know who are the Excos of TEHN
2. Interested members may want to contest, be nominated or volunteer to serve in TEHN executive
3. Followup to 2
4. Followup to 3
5. To guarantee trust and wade off suspiction or allegation. Also for accountability.

NB:I am not implying dishonesty or whatever.

Thank You
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by MadCow1: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
barcanista: TEHN should assist the elderly in the North East especially Borno and Adamawa IDP. A group of people should serve as volunteers for this project.

TeHN will gladly do so...

All they need are credible volunteers from Borno to carry out a recce, bring back a report on the chosen homes and their needs and the funds and logistics to achieve the objective would be made available.

TeHN thrives because of the selflessness of everyday Nairalanders who take out their time to make this group what it is. If you are willing to handle Borno State aspect of this flight, I will support you logistics wise.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
MadCow1:

If you are willing to handle Borno State aspect of this flight, I will support you logistics wise.[/b]
I don modify am nah.. You no be beta person undecided
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
barcanista: I have some concerns here @jaybee3 and The TEHN crew...

3. If elected/Nominated, is their election/nomination fixed for a term or "it is forever"?
4. If the excos are volunteers, is there room for people or interested nl members to join the TEHN Exco? If yes what is the process?
5. It is one thing to post figures online and say So-so and so amount is Left unused or rolled over, but it is another thing for such amount to be in "existence". How do you assure people to take your word for it?

1. Nairalanders that are not privy to TEHN needs to know who are the Excos of TEHN
2. Interested members may want to contest, be nominated or volunteer to serve in TEHN executive
3. Followup to 2
4. Followup to 3
5. To guarantee trust and wade off suspiction or allegation. Also for accountability.

Thank You

all the information you requested for is here -

https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread

if you are interested in joining, please email nairalandcharity@gmail.com

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by ephi123(f): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
I consider myself neutral and my 2 cents is this: I have closely followed TeHn's threads for a long while and observed that threads always had names (usually initials) of all who donated and the amount given. The outgoings have also always been stated. I really don't think it's fair for people who are taking time out of their daily schedules to coordinate and organise this (yep, i can imagine the time required to keep on top of it all) to be accused of all sorts. This is not a popularity or election thread, it is simply for anyone who shares the vision and wants to be a part of it.

The goal of this thread (the people whose lives will be impacted in one way or the other) is too important to get it derailed.

One love

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by MadCow1: 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2014

3. Followup to 2
4. Followup to 3

Thank You

[b]1. Anybody who actively cares about the group is a member of the executive.

2. They are wholly volunteers and don't get a dime in recompense.

3. There is no tenure as there is no real office or portfolio attached to being an exec of TEHN.

4. Yes there is always room on TeHN for new members. Example.. You suggested Borno, go find us a home, take your time to meet with its management, find out their needs and take pictures where necessary and bring your report back to the thread.. You would automatically be the TEHN exec in charge of Borno States flight. Should there be any issues of misappropriation of funds or inconsistencies, you would be held accountable.

5. Because up till now, we have not had any reasons to doubt the honesty of those who manage the group. The case of the lady with goitre who medicals were paid for and who later died after her surgery, a dime was not contributed further to cater for her family that survived her. A new bike was purchased for him and more from the funds that were left in the purse for that project.. Infact when the follow up report was published, many TeHN members and followers had almost forgotten about that case. Also the financial partners of the group pay close attention to the group a d would have called for a probe if they suspected any misappropriation of funds. But you can always meet with the execs in private and query the accounts whenever you please.

This is not that complicated..

This is a purely interest group of like minded individuals with no formalities to it.[/b]

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
I wouldn't want to derail the thread. I will go to the main thread
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by MadCow1: 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
barcanista: I wouldn't want to derail the thread. I will go to the main thread

Correct guy...

Drop something before you go o... No make all my effort be in vain.

If not, I go block you for abuloma.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
MadCow1:

Correct guy...

Drop something before you go o... No make all my effort be in vain.

If not, I go block you for abuloma.
Police job go fit you sha cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Ishilove: 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
MadCow1:

TeHN will gladly do so...

All they need are credible volunteers from Borno to carry out a recce, bring back a report on the chosen homes and their needs and the funds and logistics to achieve the objective would be made available.

TeHN thrives because of the selflessness of everyday Nairalanders who take out their time to make this group what it is. If you are willing to handle Borno State aspect of this flight, I will support you logistics wise.
Lmao!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by MadCow1: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ishilove:
Lmao!

Why you dey laff. .

You know say as I be Nama, my safety is never guaranteed in the North.. grin
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ishilove:
Lmao!
angry angry
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]1. Anybody who actively cares about the group is a member of the executive.

2. They are wholly volunteers and don't get a dime in recompense.

3. There is no tenure as there is no real office or portfolio attached to being an exec of TEHN.

4. Yes there is always room on TeHN for new members. Example.. You suggested Borno, go find us a home, take your time to meet with its management, find out their needs and take pictures where necessary and bring your report back to the thread.. You would automatically be the TEHN exec in charge of Borno States flight. Should there be any issues of misappropriation of funds or inconsistencies, you would be held accountable.

5. Because up till now, we have not had any reasons to doubt the honesty of those who manage the group. The case of the lady with goitre who medicals were paid for and who later died after her surgery, a dime was not contributed further to cater for her family that survived her. A new bike was purchased for him and more from the funds that were left in the purse for that project.. Infact when the follow up report was published, many TeHN members and followers had almost forgotten about that case. Also the financial partners of the group pay close attention to the group a d would have called for a probe if they suspected any misappropriation of funds. But you can always meet with the execs in private and query the accounts whenever you please.

This is not that complicated..

This is a purely interest group of like minded individuals with no formalities to it.[/b]
Odekwukwo! Secretary! PR manager, na you biko grin

R231, I am ready to give all the moral support needed, and when the flight is ready, count me in! cheesy
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Ishilove: 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
barcanista: angry angry
kiss kiss
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Ishilove: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
MadCow1:

Why you dey laff. .

You know say as I be Nama, my safety is never guaranteed in the North.. grin
cheesy

Hire Ishilove to be your bodyguard. She is more than capable grin
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ishilove:
kiss kiss
You can still make it real kiss tongue grin
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by arsetalks(m): 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
Posting here for future reference.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ishilove:
Odekwukwo! Secretary! PR manager, na you biko grin

R231, I am ready to give all the moral support needed, and when the flight is ready, count me in! cheesy

Noted....

Thanks
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by olu4life(m): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
Woow. I'm shocked no one even gave a response to my previous post. Dis wasn't the TEHN I know of. Its all good
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
olu4life: Woow. I'm shocked no one even gave a response to my previous post. Dis wasn't the TEHN I know of. Its all good

please send your request to nairalandcharity@gmail.com

thanks
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by olu4life(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
r231:

please send your request to nairalandcharity@gmail.com

thanks
My friend sent u guys an email. Should I post d reply jaybee gave him? Said u peeps can't help out with the case which came as a shock to me. I can post thee reply here if u want me to
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
olu4life:
My friend sent u guys an email. Should I post d reply jaybee gave him? Said u peeps can't help out with the case which came as a shock to me. I can post thee reply here if u want me to

I am sure he would have stated the reason why on the reply.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by olu4life(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
r231:

Yes,said due to the case of Folake they can't take cases on this sort of medical issue. To me thats a biased opinion. Sorry to say. A 2month old baby's life at stake here bro. To me,d first thing is to confirm the chance of the baby before discarding the case
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
r231:

Yes!
Not restricted to care homes

We want to hear from each and everyone of you If;
you know an elderly person that is in need of any help they can get,
and we can easily verify
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by MadCow1: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
r231:

R231..

The reason given is a bit worrisome.. Late Folakes case should not stop the group from undertaking cases of medical needs..
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by olu4life(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
Forget that I know this baby in particular. But we should note that somethings are definitely inevitable and we should keep an open mind to issues. For cases I've heard so far on hole in the heart has been successful. Pls let's look into the case of this baby pls
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Dygeasy(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
olu4life:
Please understand that not every case can be treated. TEHN can only do it's best at covering the possible areas it can cover. I'm sure if your friend or case can be helped there would be no hesitation in do in so.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Dygeasy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
MadCow1:

R231..

The reason given is a bit worrisome.. Late Folakes case should not stop the group from undertaking cases of medical needs..
Right.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
MadCow1:

R231..

Brb with the rationale for that consensus decision
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by OAM4J: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2014

Let me start by saying TeHN came to be not because some group of people just wanted to set up a charity organisation. TeHN was born out of a need for volunteers who can sacrifice their time and money to attend to a story on Nairaland about 3/4 yrs ago on a family that was living under the bridge in Lagos at a time. Many wished something can be done while other wished to help them but they dont know how. A few of us then decided to get some members who can visit this family, verify the story, report back to Nairalanders after which we raised fund to relocate and settle them.

After the 1st case was carried out, we decided to put a structure and process in place to be able to handle future cases better.

Presently we have: R231, OAM4J, TGIRL4REAL, MYND44, JARUS, CHAIRCOVER, JAYBEE, BIOLABEE & BINIGIRL(All Nairalanders spread all over the world. We only meet to discuss and deliberate online)

many were nominated, but of course they all have to volunteer to do the job.

There is no fixed time. They remain for as long as they are still willing to volunteer their time. Some of the executive members that started TeHN have left Nairaland and some resigned. When we become short of manpower we always request for new volunteers.

Anyone interested in being part of the exco should simply volunteer by sending us a mail... But acceptance is always base on arising need after we are convinced that such person's character/personality on NL is not questionable.

Every single penny/kobo received and spent is published. We are opened to queries and verification by anyone or group. If you have any suggestion or idea on how we can be better transparent with our activities, please let us know, preferably on our main thread as we will prefer this thread to focus on the subject matter.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by olu4life(m): 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dygeasy: Please understand that not every case can be treated. TEHN can only do it's best at covering the possible areas it can cover. I'm sure if your friend or case can be helped there would be no hesitation in do in so.
I understand,if its a case that cant be handled I wouldn't put much pressure on this. I hope u understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Brain Teaser / At What Point Do You Complain Of Being Broke? / Happy Birthday To Unibenstudent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.