Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus (41718 Views)

One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) / Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by bdek(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2014
CharlieMaria: What is danfo undecided?
ask me cool
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by bdek(m): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2014
what about those who want to enter the bus ,use 5 sec to scan the passengers ,if they look suspicious ,he fall back or withdraw lol and u know boys are not smiling. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by free13: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2014
oluamid: That moment when the Danfo you are in is overtaken by another Danfo only for a certain passenger in the other Danfo to smirk at you like "we dem boss".
That moment when a Danfo driver shouts at a private driver (probably driving an SUV) "shey u no go carry that your pangolo comot for road!!?"

grin grin grin
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Evathyst(f): 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
Wow! D experiences here is enof to write a grade A Nollywood movie smiley
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Acebrain28(m): 8:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] looool nice thread. Am the type that always plays mute and observes...
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
researchQ: The preacher who will preach and pray for the passengers then when the bus is about to move he will tell you to bring money aka sow seed to support his 'ministry'. Then you begin to wonder is he preaching so he can genuinely do the work of God or is he there collecting money from passengers for his own personal use?
true,daris one in dat park at ojota
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Onyiido: 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
MsNas: 11. The dirty mechanic that will wear his oily, grease-stained and filthy workshop clothes. Enters the bus and sits beside you like that. God help you if you're putting on white clothing, you will nearly enter the body of the next person beside you in a bid to avoid contact with them. The most annoying part is that they will feign ignorance and sit as comfortable as ever. angry

12. The one that will buy boiled eggs, gala, Lacasera, pure water and so on eat all through the journey. They will chew like locomotive engines when they eat their bounty and if you're lucky they might even throw grenades (Farts) grin

13. The fat woman that is supposed to pay for two seats but will pay for one and you will be squeezed like tuna in a can.

14. The newspaper borrower

Oh, I could go on and on!! Lagos is in a class of its own mehn. I don miss cheesy cheesy
Am yet to experience these in abuja
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Onyiido: 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
Timijo: This op don gada experience, so tey he fit classified them. E b lyk say he don dey enter danfo sin 1900, abi na inside danfo den born am?
Op na that babe wey siddon besides that guy after op post. Op na experience breaker. grin
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Maximillian1: 6:39am On Sep 13, 2014
LOLZ....there was a day I entered a bus from cele and I was meant to drop @ itire to see a friend but I did not know where it was xo I asked the conductor to alert me when we go there..I paid only #20 nd I realised that the bus was already heading towards oshodi nd when I asked where itire was,d whole passengers srceamed nd then started Laughing because I had already passed my bustop.omo cum see advice on top direction dat day
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by mezebel(f): 7:07am On Sep 13, 2014
spiralwedge:

Mine is 20th... Ogun state.. we go catch for middle.. wink
one love my dear
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by fridayj(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2014
It fun........i lik dt wink
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by ninovandross(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2014
IYANGBALI: What of body and mouth odour passengers?thy always sit very close to me,I wonder why
maybe they see u as a fellow member
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by IYANGBALI: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
ninovandross: maybe they see u as a fellow member
I go wound you o,see your mouth tongue
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by adebisiolumide5(m): 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
IYANGBALI: I go wound you o,see your mouth tongue
Hahaww
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
cool
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by SenatorJames(m): 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
MsNas: 11. The dirty mechanic that will wear his oily, grease-stained and filthy workshop clothes. Enters the bus and sits beside you like that. God help you if you're putting on white clothing, you will nearly enter the body of the next person beside you in a bid to avoid contact with them. The most annoying part is that they will feign ignorance and sit as comfortable as ever. angry

12. The one that will buy boiled eggs, gala, Lacasera, pure water and so on eat all through the journey. They will chew like locomotive engines when they eat their bounty and if you're lucky they might even throw grenades (Farts) grin

13. The fat woman that is supposed to pay for two seats but will pay for one and you will be squeezed like tuna in a can.

14. The newspaper borrower

Oh, I could go on and on!! Lagos is in a class of its own mehn. I don miss cheesy cheesy
Funny indeed!

Please count someone like me out of living in Lagos on a full time basics, visiting things as usual. though i'm frequent to Lagos, but it will take me at least 5 year to adapt to your way of life, most especially, the "no mercy" type of behaviour.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by SenatorJames(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
[quote author=LMAyedun]Great quote by Wasiu: "Change can't be given to u every time, you must bring the change" Wasiu is a bus Conductor at Oshodi. Now read it again.[/quote

God bless you for making my Sunday with this your funny experience.

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by SenatorJames(m): 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
tchidi: The first time I went to Lagos was last year... From the moment I boarded the bus, the conductor kept shouting at fellow conductors and agberos 'Iya eh'.. 'Iya eh'.
I had to ask if it was a destination too?!! And why he only shouted it to fellow conductors. My friend,whom I was with, laughed me to scorn!! embarassed embarassed
By now i'm sure you would have discovered that "iya eh" is an area in every part of Lagos.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by SenatorJames(m): 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
Afghanistan:
Hahaha the newspaper borrower. "Bros abeg na today paper be that?". grin
LOL

You will tell him "no, na tomorrow's paper"'

Lagosians asking stupid questions since 1960.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by SenatorJames(m): 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
donmalcolm21: What about the girls you chat up in the bus and the next minute they keep silent when conductor tell them "owo da" expecting u to pay. This story happened to my colleague in the office, he was transferred from Enugu to lagos and he do come to work from Egbeda. One day he asked me how much is Egbeda to Ikeja? I told him its 150, he now screamed that the conductor do collect 300 from him, he said when people are paying they do say "meji" so when he also want to pay he do tell the conductor "meji" that he tought MeJi was his bus stop.

I laughed to the point I forgot today is Sunday.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Lilimax(f): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2014
1one: The woman backing one baby and holding two kids that enters the bus and sits beside you and gives you this "bros you no sabi say you suppose help me carry one pikin" look. angry... and I'm like duuuuhhh.. You no sabi say na 2014 be this.. People no dey born pass 2 angry
smiley
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Lilimax(f): 8:39am On Sep 18, 2014
What a hilarious thread!
Nairalanders shaaa.... smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Motor Accident At Yaba Road, Ondo Town (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / Update On Waterline Flyover Port Harcourt- Pictures & Video / Sanusi Abbas Aliyu, Nigeria's Youngest Pilot - PHOTOS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.